users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranged Accuracy
Ranged Accuracy
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-27 07:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there is a cap for this, was just wondering if anyone knew where it capped at.

Currently level 73 RNG and with my R. ACC rings I noticed I'm at +73 or something obscene like that.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-27 09:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no hard cap to accuracy, you can stack as much as you want.

But there is a hard cap on hit rate (95%).

The amount of accuracy need to reach 95% hit rate depends on the mob.

410 total accuracy is needed to cap hit rate on Great colibri
400-500 for Mamools (depends a lot on the job)
With the most evasive mobs in the game needing ~520-550.

So a RNG at 75 with A- skill with full merits and job traits (~360-365 ranged accuracy), so to cap hit rate on birds you need an additional ~50 accuracy from gear.

Accuracy needed to reach the hit rate cap for most merit mobs
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-08-27 10:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike math and numbers and calculating things, so when I am on my ranger, I do it the easy way. If I am not hitting the mob enough to suit my tastes, I take off my wyvern helm and put on my O-hat. If I'm still not hitting enough, I take off a strength ring and put on a r.acc ring. If my aim STILL sucks, then I take of my other str ring and put on my other r.acc ring. Usually between those three pieces of gear, I can balance it out to where I'm hitting enough. If not, then once my curry bun wears off I steal my thf job's sushi food and start eating those. I'll never have any idea what the cap is for each mob family and I will never be interested in calculating these things, so it is simple and math-less to take gear along for just in case.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-27 11:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured I had too much (without actually looking) when I noticed I had only missed 3 sidewinders in like 2 hours of partying. Then actually did the math to see how much I had and it was in the 70s and was eating Pot-au-fue which gives Racc.

Thanks for the info, I will probably try Liela's way since I know I won't remember any of the math.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-27 12:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy way of remembering it:
If you're a RNG, you already have enough R.ACC. No, really. Just basic options will give you the added R.ACC you need, i.e. Blood Finger Gauntlets, Qiqirn Collar, Scout's Belt/Buccaneer's Belt. If you really need the R.ACC and aren't already capped, O Hat, AF body, and 2x Behemoth Ring+1 is enough to cap me on Kirin.

Edit: And I have never used Pot Au-Feu because it's never in stock on my server, not sure how much R.ACC that gives but I really don't suggest anything other than Red Curry or (For people with less gil) Coeurl Subs.