Yorcia Weald Delve Summoner Strategy - Tips?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Yorcia Weald Delve Summoner Strategy - Tips?
Yorcia Weald Delve Summoner Strategy - Tips?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 01:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys.
Where can I find some information about Yorcia Weald Delve Fracture summoner strategy?
The one developed by Papesse (Lunareticc).
Without researching anything me and a few friends tried yesterday, but we timed out on Wopket. Here is what we've done.
Maybe someone can enlight me on which errors we've been doing.

Party Setup
  1. RUN/SAM ==> To tank, start SC and Gambit/Rayke NMs.

2. GEO/RDM ==> Languour (meva-) and Malaise (MDB-), dispel for T4 NM

3. GEO/BLM ==> Frailty (def-) and Torpor (eva-), sleepga for adds.

4. WHM ==> Buffs and heals, mostly for the RUN. Was a dualboxed mule.

5. COR ==> Beast roll (pet att+) and Puppet roll (pet macc/mab +). Was a dualboxed mule.

6. SMN ==> Nirvana SMN, his gear not as good as Papesse's but still very nice.

7. Random ==> Was a leeching mule, didn't do anything other than raising the fracture monster's health. He was just on /follow with the WHM.

General Strategy
RUN was pulling, trying to tank and applying Fire damage enhancing Gambit/Rayke to the NMs. He was starting SCs as well. If Apogee was up he was using Freezebite to start a 3step (Feezebite > Flaming Crush > Flaming Crush for Fragmentation > Light), otherwise he was 2stepping (Resolution > Flaming Crush = Light)
GEOs were trying to magicburst Fire when possible.
SMN was doing occasional Haste2 but mostly was just keeping Ifrit up with occasional Warcry as well.
We lost some precious time on some pulls by having the RUN pull instead of using SMN pull trick-strategy.

Let's talk about the NMs one by one now:

T1 NM
We tried both with Blind on (physical damage increased) and no blind (magic damage increased)
This guy took us ~15 mins, which is just wrong.
Any way to increase BP damage or Flaming Crush damage?
It took us way too long. Next time maybe we should just let the SMN give more buffs to the RUN and then use physical BPs (Predator Claws?) with Blind on.

T2 NM
We did a 3 step SC that almost killed the target. Had to do another 2 step after to completely kill it. Fire Gambit was applied.

T3 NM
Wind-defense Valiance was applied by the RUN on the whole PT.
Damage hasn't been spectacular. Despite Gambit being on 3 step took no more than 50% health.
Took us another couple (three?) of 2 step SCs to kill it.
This might have to do with the GEO who didn't use Water nukes at first maybe? Giving the tree too much -DT?

T4 NM
Fire Gambit on. NM was almost killed by 3 step. Took another 2 step to go down.

T5 NM
The Frailty/Torpor GEO swapped to Attunement/Vex and entrusted Indi-Frailty unto me.
The other GEO entrusted Indi-Torpor unto the SMN.
Despite Gambit being On, 3 step took less than 50% health of Hyoshya. Took us several other 2step SCs to kill it.

Wopket
We only had less than 5 minutes left when we got to Wopket. Spent some time talking among ourselves. RUN did Earth-defense Valiance to the party and then applied Fire Gambit and Fire Rayke on Wopket, after pulling it from the COR who sacpulled (was too far behind for the SMN to do the pet-pull trick)
We tried a 3 step SC that didn't do much damage.
After that the SMN used Astral Conduit to spam BPs, but we didn't bring Wopket under 20% and then we timed out.
Some errors I can see:
1) No Bolster was used, we might have made it with double bolster
2) RUN used Gambit/Rayke too early and SMN waited a bit too much to use Astral Conduit. The result is that Rayke was already over (and Gambit almost over) when the SMN used Astral Conduit
3) Avatar did too much damage, RUN was unable to keep tanking and as a result Wopket got pulled out/slightly out of the bubbles. Half of Astral Conduit (if not more) landed on Wopket when he wasn't fully debuffed.

So... some comments? Hints? Errors in our strategy?
As I mentioend we tried this yesterday because we were bored and we didn't really did much research to see what was supposed to be done.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-05-11 07:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

While it wouldn't work 100% of the time, you could have the smn use Astral Conduit on the first NM, then have the Cor use Wildcard, followed by Cutting Cards if it fails. Gives you 2x 1/3 chances to have it back up in time, so odds are Astral Conduit would be back up by the time you hit boss.

swapping out the dead weight mule for another smn and restructuring the parties a little looks like it would be an easy win
[+]
 Carbuncle.Brynach
Server: Carbuncle
user: Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2015-05-11 07:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, I would say lower the number of ppl you are taking. The most you actually need is RUN/SAM, GEO/RDM, COR/WHM and SMN.

For T1 I use Garuda and Pred Claws. Buff for physical dmg and it should go down like a prom date in a couple mins.

T2-5, in general, uses the same method. Pull, apply frailty/maliase, beast and pup roll, and gambit or rayke > resolution > FC > light sc > dead. None of the t2-5 should take longer than 1 min. to kill. The only additional thing to consider is timing with the small tree and the water spell cast by the gEO. I generally had the RUN call the timing for the GEO to cast water so he could time his reso just after and FC could hit before weakness wore off.
It is rare that I ever have to do more than 1 sc on any of the t2-5.

Wopket- Method is nearly the same. Same buffs applied, but RUN should sekkanoki and SMN apogee for 2 sc b2b. Should make for a dead tree in under 30 sec.

Looks like your method just needs a little tweaking and some more communication so that you arent using JA early and wasting that opportunity. Dont sleepga your adds; that wastes time. Have your SMN pull the adds away and deaggro while the RUN kills the remaining one add. Use food on smn; nothing spectacular akimochi is sufficient.

Just as reference- the guy I use for RUN is good at playing the job, but his gear isnt anything that cant be gotten easily. COR is a well-geared COR nothing majorly spectacular. GEO has idris and is well geared. I am on SMN w/ Nirvana and all augmented gear is max augs (bp7, crit 4 and pet mab 30 on all FC gear). I have separate sets for physical bps as well (swap pet mab for att/ratt).

Good attempt on first run and gl with future runs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 09:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@shaggnix
I don't like to rely on SP abilities. Conduit was an attempt to kill it given the few mins left (and then we failed because we forgot to doublebolster lol).
Regardless, the WildCards+CuttingCards idea is nice. Thanks!

Carbuncle.Brynach said: »
Firstly, I would say lower the number of ppl you are taking. The most you actually need is RUN/SAM, GEO/RDM, COR/WHM and SMN.
Mules don't hurt, double plasm for people who bring them in.
And game doesn't scale under 6 men so it doesn't matter.
I agree with you we could've cut the 7th character (leech) but... it's a long story lol.
Main goal was getting an item/plasm for that mule-leech. We were bored and decided to try a different approach)

Quote:
Buff for physical dmg and it should go down like a prom date in a couple mins.
Yeah, With those 4 bubbles and me (I was the RUN) getting fully buffed and Garuda spamming Pred Claws I can see that thing going down fast.

Quote:
T2-5, in general, uses the same method. Pull, apply frailty/maliase, beast and pup roll, and gambit or rayke > resolution > FC > light sc > dead. None of the t2-5 should take longer than 1 min. to kill. The only additional thing to consider is timing with the small tree and the water spell cast by the gEO. I generally had the RUN call the timing for the GEO to cast water so he could time his reso just after and FC could hit before weakness wore off.
It is rare that I ever have to do more than 1 sc on any of the t2-5.
So you were doing 2step, not even bothering with 3 step.
I don't know what we were doing wrong then.
The SMN has pretty nice gear/augments.
Unless it's a matter of this issue with gearswap randomly *** up his BP midcast gear, I don't know what else to say.
Yes we had 7 characters instead of 6, but that's like 6% more health? That 6% alone shouldn't create such a big difference. I don't get what we're doing wrong =/

Would you mind teaching me the SMN deaggro trick? I've seen Papesse doing it in her video, with Diamond Storm, but I don't get how it works.
I only know the pet sac-pull trick from the old days, not that one.

Thanks for all the tips btw ;)
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-05-11 09:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Party Setup
RUN/SAM ==> To tank, start SC and Gambit/Rayke NMs.
GEO/RDM ==> Languour (meva-) and Malaise (MDB-), dispel for T4 NM
GEO/BLM ==> Frailty (def-) and Torpor (eva-), sleepga for adds.
WHM ==> Buffs and heals, mostly for the RUN. Was a dualboxed mule.
COR ==> Beast roll (pet att+) and Puppet roll (pet macc/mab +). Was a dualboxed mule.

SMN ==> Nirvana SMN, his gear not as good as Papesse's but still very nice.
Random ==> Was a leeching mule, didn't do anything other than raising the fracture monster's health. He was just on /follow with the WHM.

Ask the ones in bold if they have melee sets, it helps alot. Eliminate going with more than 6.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-05-11 10:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yes we had 7 characters instead of 6, but that's like 6% more health? That 6% alone shouldn't create such a big difference. I don't get what we're doing wrong =/

I dont remember but i think it might be 70k hp
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 10:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

One of those GEOs has a pretty decent melee set.
The other doesn't, yet. WHM and COR were dualboxed.
SMN could've done much better by spamming Predator Claws, like suggested above, instead of bothering to SC with me using Flaming Crush.
All in all I think we got T1 sorted out thanks to the tips in this thread.

T2 seemed easy. T3 was probably just an issue of missing water nukes.
T4 went down very fast.
T5 was uh... rough. Not as bad as that 15 mins T1, but it still took us 5+ SCs, something was wrong there =/
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-11 10:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

First, no leech like ppl been saying, second the cor can offer WAY more than a roll, yorcia is the best zone for cor DD I have topped the charts many times in there don't use a mule for it, cor can also add a lot of dmg for smn with fire shot( since you should be using ifrit anyways).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 10:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify so I don't give the wrong impression. We weren't trying to be greedy and bring a bunch of mules to get a plethora of plasm.
Nobody in LS wanted to come at the time, so we thought to go with mules rather than not going at all.
Of course with real players is gonna be much better, I have no doubts :D
 Carbuncle.Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2015-05-11 10:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely, I can help.

As to the mules I agree, I dont mind taking 2 leechers (for a full 6 party) to get gear and plasm.

Yeah on each nm we do our prep (geo spells, rolls etc) then RUN does his thing gambit/rayke what have you, then its Reso > FC. The FC and subsequent light sc dmg both do 99,999 or greater (althought dmg isnt shown). I would like to add that I do AF/AC for the first one just for speed. While it isnt necessary it makes the fight last only a couple mins.

Experience has shown me that its not so much the fights but the lag between that causes losses. Anything that causes you to spend time doing anything other than pulling and killin nm eats into time that goes away all too quickly as it is. Gearswap could be an issue, and I have read some about others having this issue. I havent noticed it happen, but that doesnt mean it hasnt or wont.

Deagrro method is pretty straight-forward:
When you (RUN) aggro mobs, get active hate on one (NM if you pulled or regular mob if you are going from one camp to another) The smn should target the engaged mob, but do not sic pet on. Use bp on the engaged mob ex: diamond storm and then, and this is important, run the mobs back the way from which you came. Once the SMN has pulled far enough away just release your pet and rejoin the group. The hate is placed on the engaged mob and the rest will not receive any hate from the smn's bp. Kill the 1 mob and then proceed with the delve run.

Keep in mind that if you mix mobs from behind you and in front of you then that causes problems because the mobs that came from the direction you pulled will stay, but the ones that came from any other place will make their way back to their original area.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2015-05-11 10:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel there is oen thing ive failed to mention and that is using dia + light shot x2. Easy to forget, but definitely helps.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 10:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

And I guess one of the GEOs could add Frazzle. Wouldn't stick on the Mandy and Wopket maybe, but should totally stick on everything else.

Thanks once more for all the useful tips, can't wait to try once more :D
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-11 11:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you have JPs in Astral Flow but keep in mind that if you have those capped it adds +30 to your Avatar's stats,
which will help considerably with both damage output as well as accuracy.

Particularly useful on the boss.

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned, but considering you're using a Nirvana smn use GoB wherever possible for the aftermath as well as a 12,5% defense down.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-11 12:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A few notes:
- RUN doesn't need Rayke for this. The only part where it has major use is on the Panopt since it functions like a magic version of Tomahawk. Gambit is the real difference maker.
- The COR should have Empyrean boots, upgraded at least to the +2 version, though the higher the level, the better. Fire Shot used with these boots creates a similar bonus to Gambit, though slightly weaker/shorter but applicable more readily. Have the COR use Fire Shot when they see the RUN open the skillchain. Gambit and this QD bonus do not stack.
- Leafstorm is a physical attack, Valiance won't help, so just keep the SMN out of the way.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-25 02:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So we tried again yesterday after a lot of time (we've been pretty busy lately :P)
We tried with the following setup:

1) RUN/SAM (me)
2) SMN/SCH
3) GEO/RDM x2
4) COR/RDM

Buffs used were:
1) Languor, Malaise, Torpor, Frailty
2) Puppet Roll, uh... Beast roll? (Pet: +Attack)
3) Food: I used Sushi but should've used Curry in hindsight. SMN used Uhm... Akamochi I think? Think he should use Shiromochi next time.
4) I cast Shell5 on other people. I had a PLD leech muled (who was just in follow) that I used at the beginning of the run to Protect 5 on some of us.

We won in a bit less than 30mins with several mistakes including a death (for which we decided to wait until unweak) and a couple of times where we decided to wait for my Gambit Timer to be up.
Here's what happened on the various NMs:

T1 => Died really fast. We went with Melee approach in mind, SMN used Garuda and I think he might have used Astral Conduit.
T2 => Died in a single SC (Gambit used)
T3 => Not sure if GEOs really used Water spells to lower PDT. No Gambit used. Our combination of Reso/FCrush + SC brought it to 30%, we killed with a second one.
T4 => Took us I think 3+ SCs to kill. Gambit and Rayke were both up, at least at start. Dunno what the problem was here, maybe not enough acc, maybe we should've Blaze-of-gloryed Torpor/Languor.
T5 => I tanked backturned while waiting for everybody to be ready (didn't want to feed unnecessary TP), then applied Gambit and I think Rayke too maybe, don't remember. Took use 3+ SCs again. In hindsight we've been very lucky she didn't use the Charm move. Towards the end of the fight people were in yellow/orange health. Not sure what went wrong there. Maybe Luopans getting destroyed or something.
T6 => First SC brought it down to like 30% health if not less, went down shortly after. (Bolster was used, not sure if single or double)

I can see us improving a lot, after all it was our second attempt, our first with less than 7 people and no mules.
Still I'm a bit confused on what happened against T4 and T5.
It's particularly strange especially because last time (with 7 people and mules) T4 went down in less than 2 SCs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By minikomby 2015-06-24 10:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How non nirvana smn performance on this strategy? Losing about 30%bp dog from nirvana vs keruanos with max augments
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-06-24 11:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
How non nirvana smn performance on this strategy? Losing about 30%bp dog from nirvana vs keruanos with max augments
You lose the 30 Bp damage but gain 100 mab for Flaming crush which is what you will be using in this (besides predator claws). When I saw this strat done a lot of the damage was coming from magic bursting meteor strike so that could be where you are losing damage? Resolution > flaming crush > (apogee) meteor strike. You shouldn't need a whm at all id bring a rdm instead maybe? Run geo geo rdm cor smn? Something like that. No run should be taking that much damage in yorcia.