The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2020-09-18 07:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know if some/wich bp have an attack boost and how much is it ?
By Pantafernando 2020-09-18 09:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Crimson Howl and Clarsach Call only ones i remember.

And from what i read, avatar crit hit means actually an attack boost so thats a lot of BPs.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2020-09-18 09:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah sorry I meant an attack boost to physical bp such as some weaponskill like tachi: gekko have.

I was reading some avatar/BP damage calculation online, and supposedly spinning dive have it but I can't find any info on that
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-18 09:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmented Lamassu Mitts +1 and added them to my -perp set (removed evokers, evans earring, and Lucidity Sash) and put them in my winds Blessing set. The only two items that I augmented for SMN were the mitts and the Assiduity pants.
By Wotasu 2020-09-18 10:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're after Str or Dex, SE posted this long ago https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52561-Blood-Pact-Attribute-Data?s=6bb76937e995b5e6b66d59c995e9d296
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-09-21 07:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
The drop down on bp damage has always been like that on the HTBF fights with smn. That was their nerf to conduit burn since Dynamis D was introduced. Consecutive bp's result in reduced damage just like the blm mb nerf.
No it wasnt it was totally different starting with cait sith, in dynamis it was just the same type of dmg, the htbf nerf was any BP of any type of dmg got nerfed 90% if you didnt wait 10 seconds for another bp even from another smn and multi- hits from bp's were treated like multiple BP's like volt strike 1st hit would be full dmg rest of the hits reduced 90%, and I didnt quote it but how would them fixing multihit bp's make odin easier with smn burns the nerf isnt in that fight you just have to switch up magic/physical dmg to reset the resistance.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-26 16:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can odin be burned?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-09-27 04:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
No. Odin has the same smn bp damage reduction nerf that everything else has had since Dynamis Divergence was introduced.
That is not the same nerf its different, I've already pointed out the difference. The dyna nerf is only the damage type, not BP's of any kind from you or other smn's in general being reduced 90% if you dont wait 10 seconds like in the new nerf. 1 smn can burn down VD odin easy with proper setup prolly best to do a FC before you hit conduit then alternate chaotic strike to volt strike so it makes distortion so it resets the dmg resistance when you are conduiting but you cant just spam 1 bp the whole time. (In a party as only DD)
By Pantafernando 2020-09-27 04:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked this because i did read japanese appointments regarding odin HTBF and indeed they said at first Odin was burnable before they placed that nerf to conduit.

Then reading through the forums, the said nerf was the second type (the one that nerf second hit from a same BP) what was recently pointed by devs as a unwanted behaviour thus reverted.

If all i read was correct, suposelly Odin got back to its release when it was burnable? Unless they placed the dyna div nerf in the place of BPs second hit nerf.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-27 08:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just tested, burnable.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-09-27 08:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The second nerf never applied to odin it started with cait sith. I'm not entirely sure the 1st nerf is in odin either but if you dont switch up your bp's from physical to magical the damage will drop if you continue the same type not instantly but it does, switching between flaming crush and volt strike works or if you make skillchains then the damage is fine its always been like that I fought it prolly 300 times it never changed. If by burnable you mean just go in spam the same blood pact till it dies that was never possible.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-27 08:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested 3 different avatars buning at same time (fc, voltstrike and hysterical), bolster frailty malaise, plus distract, frazzle and dia 3, i thought the dmg kinda low (20k to 30k) but no issues.

Drops arent garanteed guess gonna drop one smn for a thf next run
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-09-27 08:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo is nerfed in there think it has like 25% potency in there it works but rdm seems alot better. Cor is a must ive hit 80k + volt stikes on him on VD was with a geo and a cor i also prime am3 and solo a skillchain on him at the start then hit apogee do a choatic strike/volt strike combo before i hit conduit. have the Cor use tactition roll when you enter and hold off on other rolls til you get 3k p make sure its dispelled before you do the skillchain (Gob/VS) he can also sometimes dispel pet rolls when you get close its a gamble but worth it imo.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-27 08:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just stepped close to him and his drain suddenly KOed my GEO with full HP and no HP was drained.

Is it any native en-death trait on him? Weird ***, literally all she did was getting close and then KOed after a Drain
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-10-06 22:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What's longest duration you can get on the 1 minute wards?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-10-07 13:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
What's longest duration you can get on the 1 minute wards?
A few seconds shy of 8 minutes, with 716 skill.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-10-08 18:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

another boost would be astral conduits job points category that gives 20% boost to duration.

it's not listed on bgwiki, but i could have sworn the blood boon proc effect on empy armor had an effect on duration as well.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-10-08 19:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
another boost would be astral conduits job points category that gives 20% boost to duration.

it's not listed on bgwiki, but i could have sworn the blood boon proc effect on empy armor had an effect on duration as well.

It does, I've had it proc before. It's not on the Blood Boon page but is on Empty Armor page. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Beckoner%27s_Doublet
By Ashleyz 2020-10-31 17:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have three pairs of augmented Merlinic Hands, which one would be best to use for physical blood pacts?

1 BPD+10 Atk+30 Ratk+30
2 BPD+10 Atk+28 Ratk+28 Pet Str+4
3 BPD+9 Atk+29 Ratk+29 Pet Str+9
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-11-01 10:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashleyz said: »
2 BPD+10 Atk+28 Ratk+28 Pet Str+4
Probably this one.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-11-01 11:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The str +9 looks decent to even tho its 1 less bp dmg.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-11-01 23:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »

Depends on the pact, might be interesting to test with some that have str modifiers
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52561-Blood-Pact-Attribute-Data
[+]
By Ashleyz 2020-11-02 02:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Asura.Jdove said: »

Depends on the pact, might be interesting to test with some that have str modifiers
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52561-Blood-Pact-Attribute-Data

I am specifically looking at Volt Strike which has STR/INT modifiers. This seems to be the most used blood pact for AF/AC.
By Crossbones 2020-11-02 09:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

All 3 of those are really good. Personally I use AF +3 as I hate the augment system and they do really well for multi hit BP. In the end it's all gonna be really close and doesn't matter which you pick, they are all good and even if you pick the worst out of those options it will not end up in you losing or wiping because of that. The only drawback is they don't have acc rolls on them but acc isn't often an issue for avatars.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By Masunasu 2020-12-09 14:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

New to AC burning, having some trouble in some areas.

1. What is a typical number of BP to get off before AC expires?
2. How much damage should you expect per on say, Schah (or similar difficulty) with VS?

Usually end up with about 16 to 18 BP per SMN including time to convert, and I think my VS on Schah have been around 18-23k average with spikes in the 40s (extremely rare low of like 5-7k). This gets Schah down to sub 10% before he kills me. Similarly I sort of limped to the finish line with WoC due to bracelets.

So I'm curious if this is a timing issue, a gear/accuracy issue, or something else? Running RUN, COR, GEO (Dunna), SMNx3. Bolster Frailty/Torpor, Dia2 + Light Shot x2, Beast/Drachen (usually crooked Drachen just in case). Grape Daifuku for food. Think I could have finished off last run of Schah if random deal gave Apogee/BP timer back, but seems like it's cutting it close at that point and I guess I was under the impression it should leave more wiggle room.

Gear is pretty cookie cutter but here it is just incase
ItemSet 376918
Helios Band BP+7,Pet DA+8, Pet Acc+24
Helios Boots BP+7, Pet DA+7, Pet Att+30
Apogee Path D (STR/BP/DA)
Merlinic BP+10, Pet DEX+8
Cape Pet: Acc+20,Attack+30

Obviously could use an improvement on Merlinic but I don't get the impression that alone will put me over the edge unless it's an accuracy issue, in which case I'd reaugment Hands/Boots. Not really wanting to farm cards though I see body +2 would add 35acc.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-09 15:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc You can BP every 1.6 seconds under Conduit, which gives a 18.75 BP's for 30sec duration. But lag timing etc.
Gearwise your set could probably need more Acc on the Helios since the Convoker is only +1. Acc overall would favor more then the Extra Atk.
Are you using gearswap during Conduit or locking set in? It can give issues if to many commands are sent out. Which can leave you stuck on precast sets.

Parse wise how's your dmg vs the other smn's?
Dunna Geo also makes more acc needed since his Torpor wont push Eva down as much as an Idris.
95% Acc vs 90% Acc is enough. BGwiki has Schah at 1589 Evasion.
Bolster Dunna Torpor is -150 Eva which leaves you needing 1439 Acc in BP set.

Edit: If I copy your gear as close as possible My Ramuh sits at 1222 Acc. (my normal set no food has 1347Acc / With Vorseals 1499Acc)
+105 Acc Food and +90 Acc 11 Drachen. Which should be 1417 Acc.
Also how many Vorseals from Quetz do you have?
Those in itself are a huge acc boost.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-09 16:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe you should be expecting somewhere between 20~40k on average to kill safely. Averaging lower end of 20k gonna be tricky on most high tier NM.

Still, considering your set dont have major issues, averaging 20k sounds a problem with defense, so check if your GEO is doing its job properly (entering the hare list, having skills capped, etc). Idris should be considered if you guys are needing a win.

That said, i dont think i read you using Astral Flow pre-burn, also, you didnt mention of youre master, but just in case, those two factors are important in a burn.

Finally, yeah, upgrade your artifact body. I mean, youre rocking with all HQ crafts, sounds wrong using that +1 body. With campaign you can get enough cards for +2 easily.
By Masunasu 2020-12-09 17:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for input, didn't actually see where EVA was listed on NM page so that was useful.

To answer general questions, I stay locked in damage set during AC, I do use astral flow prior to popping the mob, and am mastered. I don't do favor or mana cede or anything like that but I don't believe that has any use?

I'm sitting at 1345 Acc with Vorseals (only 4 from Quetz) which is a fair bit off from Wotasu's. +215 from food/COR/Astral Flow brings me to 1540 which should be 88% Acc on Schah with non-bolster Torpor, so bolster should be well over cap.

I'm not sure how GEO could be messing up, doing Geo-Frailty should enter hate list, so Indi-Torpor should take effect after using it, correct? I don't think they're doing any actions besides that but I thought it wouldn't matter. I'll log exact damages next time, possible I'm eyeballing my damage lower than it actually is.

Will go for +2 body and an extra Acc augment on hands or feet for now even though accuracy math seems to check out, possible estimation is off. Quetz will take some time to build up. GEO is still working through coalition assignments so Idris is a bit away unfortunately.
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 149 150 151