Here's mine:
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-04-06 07:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm anticipating is that, since it is three chapters, we will gradually go through one large story that covers all expansions so far.

My prediction:

Chapter 1: Nations + RoZ + CoP
Chapter 2: Aht Urgahn + WotG (WoE) + Abyssea
Chapter 3: Adoulin + grand finale

I'm hoping for one huge party of well-known NPC's in the end. Can you imagine an insane boss fight where you fight alongside Aldo, Zeid, Naja, Nashmeira, Lilisette, Cait Sith, Lion, Gilgamesh, Raogrimm, Arciella, Morimar, the 5 Serpent Generals, Prishe, Ulmia...

One can dream, right?

The final FINAL boss of FF11 will be something amazing though. Looking forward to it already =)
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-04-06 07:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really hard to imagine what there might be. I've actually been thinking about this a lot for the past few weeks.

When I first heard of Abyssea coming out, I was a bit disappointed thinking it would be more like A Crystalline Prophecy, etc. Instead they far exceeded my expectations, despite there being no new zones that weren't reskinned. Now I'm kind of hoping we can expect an equal or greater amount of improvement.

Given the theme of new mini-addons seem to focus on a summation of everything that has happened already, it seems unlikely we'll see any new zones or monsters.

I expect this thread will become more about what people want/wish from Rhapsodies instead of predictions of what might happen.

Given that, I would love to see the Underworld/Tartarus. I'm wondering if it might be possible for the story's antagonists to originate from there.

Or maybe we'll see a resurgence in the Emptiness that threatens the entire world and it's existence. I half expect there to be some final battle with Altana herself after it's revealed that she is actually evil or for some other reason.
By gdiShun 2015-04-06 07:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

All the villains return. Using their collective power, they summon meteor. A grand battle takes place in Rolanberry Fields as meteor crashes to Vana'diel. Cid tries to use his new revolutionary teleporting technology to save us but fails. All the adventurers die horribly and the magical energy released on meteors collision causes the world to change into a weird iPad-friendly chibi art style. What happens next? Find out in FFXI: ARR: Mobile Edition: The Reckoning. :\
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-06 09:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea: Adoulin.

Have fun with that!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-06 09:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
All the villains return. Using their collective power, they summon meteor. A grand battle takes place in Rolanberry Fields as meteor crashes to Vana'diel. Cid tries to use his new revolutionary teleporting technology to save us but fails. All the adventurers die horribly and the magical energy released on meteors collision causes the world to change into a weird iPad-friendly chibi art style. What happens next? Find out in FFXI: ARR: Mobile Edition: The Reckoning. :\

Close, but the bad guys convince Bahamut that the world needs to be destroyed. With their help, he is able to cast Ultima, but we have a chance to stop it...
By volkom 2015-04-06 09:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

we could... you know...

actually go here for once:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end, Odin pops out the character's birthday cake and hands out subpar abjurations.

Freeze frame on your character jumping while clicking his/her heels together.

Produced by: Hiromichi Tanaka
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 09:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the credits are actually a giant trailer for FFXIV just to rile people up.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-06 09:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you want to go to a place where there's nothing but dust. What's the point, gah.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We'd sooner go to Rhazowa.
By volkom 2015-04-06 09:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Why would you want to go to a place where there's nothing but dust. What's the point, gah.

doesn't necessarily have to be in the current time line. Could go back to the past and change the outcome by participating in the battle and defending the city
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 10:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

doesn't necessarily have to be in the current time line. Could go back to the past and change the outcome by participating in the battle and defending the city

So basically invalidate everything? Why don't we go full Star Ocean 3 and stop the developers from making this game. We can pop right out of the PC and fight our way through Square-Enix HQ.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-06 10:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

So basically invalidate everything? Why don't we go full Star Ocean 3 and stop the developers from making this game. We can pop right out of the PC and fight our way through Square-Enix HQ.

Why in the hell did you mention that travesty of a game, SO3 was a crapfest among crapfests.
By volkom 2015-04-06 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

nah not necessarily invalidate everything. Would be like an alternate dimension kind of thing.
 Asura.Ophiucus
Server: Asura
user: Ophiucus
By Asura.Ophiucus 2015-04-06 10:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that's a pretty cool idea. Have a 3 RL day cycle that constantly loops and is tracked server-side. 1st day is tourist city things, 2nd day is prep for beastmen invasion/attack, 3rd day is fight off beastmen attack akin to besiege in an inevitable loss as they get stronger the longer it goes on.

Can be teleported at any time to the current time in the cycle with use of item/npc/transport/etc.

Almost like a majora's mask kinda deal.
By Wordspoken 2015-04-06 10:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it was in the opening cinematic of ffxi?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-04-06 10:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they make it a reqirement to finish all other mission lines first before you are able to do these new missions.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 10:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Why in the hell did you mention that travesty of a game, SO3 was a crapfest among crapfests.

It wasn't even that bad. S04 was worse. The plot twist was memorable enough and appropriate considering the whole Eternal Sphere was essentially a gigantic MMO.

Can computer programs become sentient? Do they have the same rights as humans? Can the created surpass their creators?
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-04-06 11:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect some running around, some fetch quests, a handful of BCs fought along side popular mission NPCs brought together in some hamfisted way, and a story that doesn't make sense, told through cringingly bad dialogue. No new areas, no new events.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 11:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

"Thanks for your subscription, suckers!" is not bad dialogue.
By Zubis 2015-04-06 12:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think we're going to be going to all the places people want - the Mithran Homeland, etc - Matsui directly said so recently.

I think we're going to get one new zone and that's it. Tavnazia seems likely, but Matsui also said take a close look at the lady in the new poster they announced, which could mean the Far East as it appears to be Phoenix.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-06 15:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to know with who will <player> get laid in the end?

Ending 1: get laid with Lion

Ending 2: get laid with Prishe

Ending 3: get laid with Nashmeira

Ending 4: get laid with Lilisette

Ending 5: get laid with Arciela

Ending 6: get laid with Shantotto

Ending 7: get laid with Moogle!

Special ending: all above options

Bad ending: bananas!

Make your choice.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-04-06 16:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Make your choice.
Ending 10: Fun time's with Mumor
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 16:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ending 11: Five minutes at Tanakas

"I heard this was your Final....Fantasy"
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-04-06 17:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shantotto is my waifu
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-06 17:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Expecting a cop out like with a bit of content in XIV, where you "revisit" content but it's amped up. Like the player slaying Ultima as retold by an NPC, but much harder due to NPCs making it into a tall tale.

Stuff like that, but Prishe and others having you redo old BCNMs with an ilvl 119 twist.

I would be fine with that style of storytelling and content, honestly. Not expecting them to really throw stuff at us, but a few iconic fights remade for the current endgame would be mighty swell, before they start justifying why they cannot do so.

And since nobody is gonna be around to care anymore, a REM type weapon for completion would be swell. We've already gotten accessories and armor, but I don't recall ever having a weapon as a reward for a story before. It could be a decent starter piece for new and returning players to grind things out with.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-06 17:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They said rewards are gonna be ability to summon trusts to other places, cp boosts, and such.
Of course there might be surprises, but eh.
By Malebolge 2015-04-06 18:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Excalipoor is in this update, I'll bet it's a login campaign reward.

I wouldn't expect any new areas beyond the scale of Leafallia.

I'd bet on Tenzen coming back. An appearance by Poochie Lightning, not tied into Rhapsodies necessarily but as part of some event, wouldn't surprise me.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-06 18:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Make your choice.
Ending 10: Fun time's with Mumor

As Lilisette is the only NPC that GENUINELY gives a ***about you and it tears her heart out to go to an alternative dimension and leave you behind, and your character even tries to stop her (You however didn't do ***about Lion Dieing) and Arcelia just all round sucks and fails at life.

Would be cool if Lilisette came back from the other dimension to fight with you for the penultimate battle against Promathia (who btw is Shinryu just another form)...

But hey!

Space Aliens inc.
First Page 2