Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-22 07:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »
How come no one is talking about the npc that can store crystals? What crystals ? Lol
Fire/Earth/Water/Wind/Ice/Lightning/Light/Dark

What in the world do we need to store that for? Lol besides crafting which there's plenty in ah.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-22 08:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Tarquine said: »
I could well be reading too much into this... but is that a gear set of mages AND a gearset for melee?
(Or just the baddies we have to face off against)
Wut? They're just Odin's Valkiryes.
As far as we can tell from that small pic they're wearing the same gear they're wearing in the Einherjar version?

Yes, but the armour was available as a set:

Melee / Mage

My "reading too much into it..." is a WILD guess that these will be the models for the next "Rewards" in Ambuscade.

I am pretty sure they will go with another salvage set for Ambuscade.

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
How come no one is talking about the npc that can store crystals? What crystals ? Lol
Fire/Earth/Water/Wind/Ice/Lightning/Light/Dark

What in the world do we need to store that for? Lol besides crafting which there's plenty in ah.

You could buy ***loads of them and stick them up an npc's... pockets and call it a day.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-04-22 09:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin and Alexander at the same time! Next Ultima aND Omega lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-22 10:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really impressed they keep throwing content at us, to give us several new things to do. But please, for the love of GOD, can something be done about the Ambuscade rewards NPC? There is no reason why I should have to trade 50 different times to cap a cape.

Hopefully, with "Ambuscade" getting a facelift, and the "QOL" improvements, this will be implemented.

I can't foresee this event taking a really challenging requirement, since SE has made it a custom recently with content of just killing xyz monster for access and nothing really challenging (see Incursion, Delve, Ambuscade, etc - all require a very simple task)

That crystal QOL adjustment would have been cool in, idk, 2003? when I ended up with a mule stocked with crystals I never used. Now we just trade them for kinetic units or gil. But hey. Overall the brief description of May sounds enticing. Looking forward to it.
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-22 10:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That crystal QOL adjustment would have been cool in, idk, 2003? when I ended up with a mule stocked with crystals I never used. Now we just trade them for kinetic units or gil. But hey. Overall the brief description of May sounds enticing. Looking forward to it.

It would be a -lot- more exciting if it were a change to making crystals and such go directly into some other storage and not your inventory. Kind of like how Guild Wars 2 does it I guess, with a separate materials inventory.
As it is, it's annoying to have your inventory fill up with 'em.

I suspect the Odin/Alexander thing will be more of an open participation deal, like WKR or Domain Invasion, or maybe Walk of Echoes. They did mention adding additional ways to get monthly armors and such, in an attempt to alleviate Ambuscade congestion.

If that's what this is, making it a high end alliance fight wouldn't make a lot of sense.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-22 10:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I wonder if they're gonna bring back Apocalypse Nigh as well.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-22 10:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Hell, I'd love a high-tiered Bahamut
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-22 10:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It better be like wkr. Personal pools are always better for these events in my opinion
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-22 11:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have a mule full of crystals so that I can distribute them to whichever crafting mule needs them. I don't see that changing with a NPC since I'd have to go to it every time I wanted to craft.

Asura.Isiolia said: »
It would be a -lot- more exciting if it were a change to making crystals and such go directly into some other storage and not your inventory.
This is a much better solution long term. Wardrobe type storage for crystals only?

Or even just change stack size from 12. That alone would be a significant amount of space saved.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-22 12:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make it so that you can use them directly from storage, like voidstones.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-22 12:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they already brought that type of stuff up and nixed it :/

Would just be nice is all.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-22 13:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I still have a mule full of crystals so that I can distribute them to whichever crafting mule needs them. I don't see that changing with a NPC since I'd have to go to it every time I wanted to craft.

It would be a -lot- more exciting if it were a change to making crystals and such go directly into some other storage and not your inventory.
This is a much better solution long term. Wardrobe type storage for crystals only?

Or even just change stack size from 12. That alone would be a significant amount of space saved.

I've always thought Crystals and Clusters should stack to 99, as a crafter you'd most like be carrying a lot of different crystal types so stacking to 99 instead of 12 would save a hell of a lot of inventory, especially for cooks with how much ingredients some stuff needs.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2016-04-22 13:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »

Well one nice thing about the npc is that if you take out 12 single crystals they get converted to a cluster. While it's not a big deal if you specifically farm clusters, it will be nice if you do some cping in a zone that drops a lot of crystals that you could use for crafting later. I think the crystal to cluster conversion by itself makes this a really nice addition.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-22 13:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I've always thought Crystals and Clusters should stack to 99, as a crafter you'd most like be carrying a lot of different crystal types so stacking to 99 instead of 12 would save a hell of a lot of inventory, especially for cooks with how much ingredients some stuff needs.

The problem with that is that random people are less likely to get 99 crystals doing random stuff - 12/stack means they're more likely to put up a stack, rather than just NPCing them.

Ideally we'd have something like the XIV crystal system, which is actually pretty nice (it's basically treated like a currency, but you can take the crystals out for sale/storage/trade/etc).
By Draylo 2016-04-22 14:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Hell, I'd love a high-tiered Bahamut

We actually had one but for some strange reason SE made it for a seasonal event lol.
By Pantafernando 2016-04-26 16:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, everyone!

For those of you interested in a way to alter your augments I have some good news.

In the May version update we will be adding a new item that will allow you to change the properties of the back equipment you possess while maintaining your augment rank. However, there will be a limit to the amount that you can obtain in each version update, so you won’t be able to change the properties as much as you like
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-04-27 04:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the May Version Update

Greetings, adventurers! Matsui here, ready to share with you some details about the version update scheduled to hit the servers on the 10th of May.

First on the list is a fresh new coat of paint on Ambuscade. Your hallmarks-including the running total-will be reset once the version update goes live, so make sense to spend your points and receive any rewards you have your eye on before they disappear.

We are also adding another currency to Ambuscade, known as "Gallantry". Badges of gallantry can only be earned by tackling an Ambuscade while in party, and are earned on top of the normal hallmark rewards. Certain items can only be purchased with badges of gallantry, so we highly encourage you to grab some of your friends before you step into an Ambuscade.

Additionally, we have added a system to apply to join an Ambuscade. Players will be able to join an Ambuscade in the order in which they registered. We understand that this comes with a slight increase in waiting time, but it will make sure that everyone is able to participate without fail.

We are also introducing high-end content aimed at those who have completely filled out their job points for a particular job and received the [Job] Master title. This monumental struggle is not for the faint of heart, so those wishing to prove themselves among the ranks of Vana'diel's elite must make the most complete of preparations.

Further additions include a system to store excess crystals, an NPC selling Superior equipment, and a variety of new items and synthesis recipes.

The table below contains a summary of each individual item we are planning on introducing in May. Note that there may be some last-minute issues preventing us from implementing them all in time, but we are working our hardest to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

• Content and System-related
    Ambuscade
    ・Create new notorious monsters
    ・Create new points
    ・Build an entrance system
    Records of Eminence
    ・Create new objectives
    Master Trials

• Battle-related
    Summoner
    ・Adjust abilities
    Trust
    ・Expand supported content

• Item-related
    Ambuscade
    ・Create new reward items
    Mounts
    ・Create new items
    Synthesis
    ・Create new recipes
    Superior 1 Equipment
    ・Create new items
    Furnishings
    ・Create new recipes
    Porter Moogle
    ・Create supported items
    Foods
    ・Add help text to certain foods
    Anniversary Event
    ・Create new reward items
    Mog Bonanza
    ・Create new items

• System-related
    Currencies
    ・Add new categories
    Auto-translate Dictionary
    ・Add new categories
    Titles
    ・Add new titles

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-27 04:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

We are also introducing high-end content aimed at those who have completely filled out their job points for a particular job and received the [Job] Master title. This monumental struggle is not for the faint of heart, so those wishing to prove themselves among the ranks of Vana'diel's elite must make the most complete of preparations.

Hell yes. Finally. Something to use these damn job points on.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-04-27 04:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Master Trials

What is master trial, i don't get it
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-27 04:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have something to do with that "content aimed for players who reached the job master" thing Matsui was talking about?
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2016-04-27 05:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Job points Will be use to enter New battles? Just like merits points etc? That what he mean???
 Sylph.Lobbi
Server: Sylph
user: Lobby
By Sylph.Lobbi 2016-04-27 05:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What is master trial, i don't get it

It looks like a kind of BC that is only accessible for jobs that are mastered.

About entering the new content battle, they didn't have explained yet if it will consume a specific currency like job points or merits points.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-27 05:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yankke said: »

Job points Will be use to enter New battles? Just like merits points etc? That what he mean???

I don't think so. I think it means the content levels will be higher than merit BCs or even ambuscade. Intense ambuscade very easy is content level 119, so this "high-end" content might start at 124 or so. The gifts from job points technically raise your effective level or it simply means you will be able to enter this content only with a job you have already mastered. The wording suggests the former though. It says "aimed at" rather than openly implying an entry requirement.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-27 05:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

I don't think so. I think it means the content levels will be higher than merit BCs or even ambuscade. Intense ambuscade very easy is content level 119, so this "high-end" content might start at 124 or so. The gifts from job points technically raise your effective level or it simply means you will be able to enter this content only with a job you have already mastered. The wording suggests the former though. It says "aimed at" rather than openly implying an entry requirement.

You have probably noticed that you can still stock job points even after you complete job mastery. A lot of us are sitting at 500 points stocked wondering what the hell we are supposed to do with them. Using them for these fights seems the most likely answer.

Gotta wonder about these rewards though.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-27 06:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

You have probably noticed that you can still stock job points even after you complete job mastery. A lot of us are sitting at 500 points stocked wondering what the hell we are supposed to do with them. Using them for these fights seems the most likely answer.

Gotta wonder about these rewards though.

Of course I did. I am also sitting on 500 JP on my blu since forever but I don't see any reference to excess job points at all in that post.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-27 06:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, we are gonna be sitting 5/6 shouting master white Mage can I have it? Lol master white Mage is gonna be in crazy demand. And I wonder what kinda drops get would be in this type of exclusive content.

I also hope they will throw out a Jp campaign next month. And nowhere does it say Jp is needed for entry. Maybe just master status.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-27 07:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Master WHM mule so it looks like I'm set.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-04-27 09:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yep gonna be difficult to find WHM 3 star for cure DD ^^
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-27 09:29:25