user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 12:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Considering there are two options to get the boosted weapons:

1) Get Afterglow (not an option for Ergon, though), which is slow but easy in terms of content difficulty
2) Some new thing, I suspect would be shorter but harder in terms of content difficulty

It really comes down to which sounds like less of a hassle. Unless they add a thing where I need 50 pristine yggrete crystals to afterglow Epeolatry, I'm stuck with #2, so like, whatever.

To be honest they need to take the training wheels back off and go hardcore with it. Make me get 15,000 more alexandrite or something. Make me get 50 hundred pieces from dynamis.

Let's stop being pussies with this minor trial stuff lol.

Give the afterglow people a bone and break a chunk off for them.

(I'm probably going to regret this statement if it comes true lol)

15000 alex does not come anywhere close to AG's effort though :p

So riddle me this. What would be "fair" to somebody with an afterglow? 1,000,000 alexandrite? Give afterglow people half off or soemthing?

I mean out of curiosity, what would it ACTUALLY take to make you happy with this situation?

I don't own AG, I lose nothing in next Feb update though :p So why are you asking me :p That being said, I can def feel Draylo's frustration because that's human nature, so I wish SE do AG owners a justice indeed.

If you're asking what makes ME happy personally, it's being stated many pages back, all I really care nowadays is to get a damn party invite to events to kill ***. I spent many years to gear up my fav job to play my fav job in events, not to lv up another job like GEO to get party invite.
By fonewear 2015-12-16 12:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everybody look at this guy he is glowing everybody ! Give him a round of applause !
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 12:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Get Afterglow (not an option for Ergon, though), which is slow but easy in terms of content difficulty
2) Some new thing, I suspect would be shorter but harder in terms of content difficulty

It really comes down to which sounds like less of a hassle. Unless they add a thing where I need 50 pristine yggrete crystals to afterglow Epeolatry, I'm stuck with #2, so like, whatever.

To be honest they need to take the training wheels back off and go hardcore with it. Make me get 15,000 more alexandrite or something. Make me get 50 hundred pieces from dynamis.

So riddle me this. What would be "fair" to somebody with an afterglow? 1,000,000 alexandrite? Give afterglow people half off or soemthing?

I mean out of curiosity, what would it ACTUALLY take to make you happy with this situation?

I don't own AG, I lose nothing in next Feb update though :p So why are you asking me :p That being said, I can def feel Draylo's frustration because that's human nature, so I wish SE do AG owners a justice indeed.

If you're asking what makes ME happy personally, it's being stated many pages back, all I really care nowadays is to get a damn party invite to events to kill ***. I spent many years to gear up my fav job to play my fav job in events, not to lv up another job like GEO to get party invite.

Woohoo something we agree on :3

Pretty bummy to see people shout BST only, GEO only, COR only.

Even I've been debating gearing COR or GEO just so I can do events :(
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
I have never played an mmo where only 1% of the population has access to any item forever.

It may be a timed thing, where 1 guild/ls etc clears the content during this expansion, but as soon as the next expansion rolls around other guilds/ls proceed to get all those rare items from the previous expansion as power creeps up.

In those games, you tend to get the top item by actually doing and clearing the content, instead of LONG grind though. I don't think "get stuff from fighting the hardest boss" can be compared with LONG grind.

I'm pretty sure nobody would give a damn about their tojil weapon gets replaced, even if they wiped 50 time trying to get clear pre-ilv. But there's a reason why AG owners would rage.

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Rare items are silly things in FFXI.

If FFXI works like WOW or FFXIV, where you get top item by killing the hardest boss, then I don't think anyone would rage over it.

But REM has been super grind since it exist, once people spend the time on it, dmg already has been done. Some people are bound to be unhappy if it require less time.
By fonewear 2015-12-16 12:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You could do events...if they servers had a bigger population !
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 12:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Hey everybody look at this guy he is glowing everybody ! Give him a round of applause !

To be fair, I don't feel that much animosity toward it. If I see someone with afterglow I genuinely DO say "dang son" in my head. I acknowledge the achievement and jokingly question your sanity and then I move on. I'm actually impressed by afterglow at it's current achievement.

But when I see someone getting upset about everyone potentially getting afterglow with final step (when we know nothing about the requirements or discount requirement afterglow owners get) it tugs my nads a bit. It tugs them even harder when the sense of entitlement or "I'm better than you because of it" "You don't have it so you don't understand" comments start coming into play.

I think what I look for is humility and self-respect.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-16 12:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There is real no uniqueness in a MMO everyone is trying to get the same gear weapons. So I don't see what the big fuss is. So some other no lifer gets an afterglow. But back in my day we had to go uphill in winter to get an afterglow ! Boo hoo that is how the game is. You work will always look pointless in retrospect.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 12:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Woohoo something we agree on :3

Pretty bummy to see people shout BST only, GEO only, COR only.

Even I've been debating gearing COR or GEO just so I can do events :(

See, here's goes 1 less party spot available for me to do events :( Stay BLU, don't take my party spot :X
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 12:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest (In my total opinion), the REAL OG people were the ones that camped king behemoth for even a SLIM chance to claim it (vs bots and god knows what else). For even a SMALL glimmer of a hope to have a defending ring.

Been in the game since the dawn of time and remained a pipe dream for almost everyone until they changed it to a force pop. Now everyone can have one with some dedication. Way harder and time consuming than afterglow ever wished it was for most people.

They are the real MVP.
By fonewear 2015-12-16 12:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The way the game seems now only jobs you are allowed to play are GEO COR or BLM ! That is game balance I tells ya.

Anyways as far as relic update I wouldn't be shocked if they keep pushing back when they are going to do it just to mess with everyone. Oh February we meant April !
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-16 13:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People who camped HNM weren't OG, they were idiots with too much time on their hands.
By fonewear 2015-12-16 13:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
People who camped HNM weren't OG, they were idiots with too much time on their hands.

Like I don't know people that farmed 250 marrows maybe !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 13:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

But when I see someone getting upset about everyone potentially getting afterglow with final step (when we know nothing about the requirements or discount requirement afterglow owners get) it tugs my nads a bit. It tugs them even harder when the sense of entitlement or "I'm better than you because of it" "You don't have it so you don't understand" comments start coming into play.

I think what I look for is humility and self-respect.

Personally I don't believe people can truly understand other's frustration, especially seeing pages and pages of troll and sarcasm when Draylo expressed his frustration.

I have no problem seeing someone else "better" than me in terms of performance, this is not a scholarship competition, and I don't get extra drops for winning the parse anyways. But if I can't even get party invite because of it, then that's a different story. Imagine you wanted to play your BLU in a party, but other mythic BLU always take your spot so you have to make your own party, then they ask you to job change to GEO, wouldn't you feel at least a little bit frustrated? Maybe you don't if you enjoy making party on your own, but I don't enjoy making party personally.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 13:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You're actually right. I can't understand the frustrations of other people somtimes. That doesn't make me right or wrong though.

You know what else I cant understand? People getting frustrated to begin with when we don't know the requirements yet.

By fonewear 2015-12-16 13:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The requirements will be 100,000 marrows plus 10 gil !

The requirements will be long and pointless cause you know keep your customers playing.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 13:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The requirements will be 100,000 marrows plus 10 gil !

The requirements will be long and pointless cause you know keep your customers playing.

And give the afterglow people a discount equal to what they put in previously.

Everybody Nobody Wins!
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-16 13:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there a Kooljack thread where people can vent about the playerbase?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 13:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-16 13:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We asked the player base they were too busy afking in Jeuno to respond!
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-16 13:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Knock off the bickering and the pissing contests or I'm going to simply start removing people from the thread.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 201 202 203