Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 17:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I don't understand the whole bitterness people get at others for having an easier or better way to do something than they did.

Because I value my time.

Yeah but your problem is that you don't value your experience, which is really the whole point of an ultimate weapon. Has anyone here even considered why they are getting frustrated? It's not like we need these weapons to beat some final super threat. Everything can be beaten already. We are just doing this for the experience and love of the game.

There are tons of experience/achievement that I had can no longer be replicated. CoP at 75 cap was an awesome experience, so does most endgame content when they were new and just out. And I have zero issue that all the older content and CoP are soloable now.

But for some reason, legendary weapons(afterglow) don't apply. Legendary weapons in FFXI has always been....different. I'd say it's more like a status piece in this game. If you spent THIS MUCH time to gear up a job, it often means you love it enough. It shouldn't be hand out to everyone, IMO.

Then again, this debate is just beating the dead horse and been argued over the years. At this point of time, I just accepted the fact that the job I spent years to gear, learn, practice and play doesn't get me easy invite lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 17:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Notion: My time for projects I put into a video game have value.

Reality: Much like selling a sentimental item. These things have no actual value.

I guess we have different definition toward what's "value"? It has nothing to do with money.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 17:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing has been cheapened. That's just an illusion. It paid off for them during all that time that they did receive favor and priority.

The game has entered into it's twilight years and the player base is growing smaller (and ideally, closer together), to the point where if people are on and want to do something we should all be well overqualified to do so and thus can just enjoy our time and experiences.

People are being way too sensitive about this. Too much pride.

There are no "pride" involved in this argument though, since all I'm asking is just a god damn party invite so I can actually do the group content instead of afk in town. I'm not asking for some awesome title or anything like that. Also regarding your "overqualified" argument, have you thought about what'd happen if 10 "overqualified" people are fighting for 1 party spot? 9 people will sit out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 17:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Notion: My time for projects I put into a video game have value.

Reality: Much like selling a sentimental item. These things have no actual value.

I guess we have different definition toward what's "value"? It has nothing to do with money.

Which is not what I was saying.

There is no barometer of which to measure the value of ones "accomplishments", "time invested", or "fun" in a video game. It is a completely sentimental idea.
Which is silly to complain about in terms of how this game has changed time and time again.

Right, since everyone value their time in different way, what's the point to try to change my POV(and Draylo's) to yours?

You have different POV toward mythic and time investment, we have our opinion(and frustration). What's the point to just jump out and slap our face by saying "I don't understand why'd you be frustrated"?

You're not frustrated, I get it. But me and Draylo clearly were(I used past tense because we may get over it by now). There are some people who doesn't give a jack ***about their time investment in a video game, and there are some people that cares. Those who cares, would care regardless of what you say about it.

Basically what you're doing is the same thing as saying "I don't understand why are you sad, everyone dies eventually, get over it" to a person who just lost their parents.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 17:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no "pride" involved in this argument though.

I'm sorry. I guess I meant entitlement.

I'm sorry but I never ask for any entitlement/recognization in this game. I just go ahead and make my own party if I don't get invite. I'm not that kind of player who ask for entitlement by showing off my gears/accomplishments. Most of the time if I do show off things like speed run vid/parse result/epeen WS SS, I only do so to change community's opinion about the job's potential so people can stop being so stubborn about party setup.

But even then, like most FFXI players rant in this game due to frustration at some point of time, I have my own frustration because of it.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 18:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My opinion is that you are just crying over spilt milk. Much like people have been doing for every update for over a decade.

Everyone and their mother more or less has "FFXI frustrations". Such as favorite job being useless in endgame, unable to fill up party spot after 2hr shout, 0/200 on Dring, mythic being outparsed by a drop weapon took 20 min to get, and the list goes on. I have my own frustration which is not getting invite to events even though I spend years to gear my favorite job. (And years to do various research and JA testing to learn my job better as well)

Saying it's "crying over split milk" is exaggerating though. I already moved on and just accept the fact that I'll be making my own party to finish A.weapon quest. Since a lot of players tend to rant their FFXI frustration on forum, surely I can as well?

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-15 19:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to sound like a total *** for saying this, and I actually don't mean for it to. But the day you start comparing video game achievement frustration to someone being sad about a parent's death is a bit of a red flag that you might be in too deep lol.

I do sympathize slightly but one of my favorite possessions in the game is now available to anyone as previously mentioned. The only thing you can do now is say "I had it before everyone else did" and move on which it sounds like you did if you actually don't care anymore.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-12-15 19:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to upping my Mandau before anyone else

Then Vajra then Twashtar eventually.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-15 19:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
I'm going to sound like a total *** for saying this, and I actually don't mean for it to. But the day you start comparing video game achievement frustration to someone being sad about a parent's death is a bit of a red flag that you might be in too deep lol.

I never understood how people could use virtual video game awards as a replacement for real life achievements and status. As much fun as I have running around killing stuff in FFXI, it has nothing on what happens during my average weekend.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-15 20:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So here is the question people aren't asking because they are PMSing over it (NOT you guys, but people in general). Will using two afterglowed weapons give both AGs? Aka Expiacion for AM then CDC spam.
If memory serves correctly this works like AM so I assume it can't be possible to have both at once.

I'm betting it's main hand only.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-12-15 20:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The buff is ***anyway and most have REMs.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-15 20:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if it works I would probably put money on them overwriting each other or something.

Wouldn't that be kickass if that was what they were adjusting lol? That's probably being too optimistic though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-15 20:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Evidently someone already tested that. They do indeed stack.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-12-15 22:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

All the rage it gives me life !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 00:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I do sympathize slightly but one of my favorite possessions in the game is now available to anyone as previously mentioned. The only thing you can do now is say "I had it before everyone else did" and move on which it sounds like you did if you actually don't care anymore.

The previous example of using parent's death has nothing to do with "comparing" them. It's just an example to show how people sometimes does not "feel" others frustration if it's none of their business.

Also if you actually read my previous post, my frustration didn't come from "achievement being cheapened", it's "unable to make progress in FFXI because I don't get invite", which is a total legit frustration since everyone and their mother more or less are frustrated about this at least once in their FFXI life :p

Asura.Saevel said: »

I never understood how people could use virtual video game awards as a replacement for real life achievements and status. As much fun as I have running around killing stuff in FFXI, it has nothing on what happens during my average weekend.

Not sure how real life achievement comes into this discussion, since I didn't mention anything about rl and only used "parent's death" example to explain why Spicyryan has such reaction toward other's opinion.
 Carbuncle.Rasalgethi
Server: Carbuncle
user: Hercule
By Carbuncle.Rasalgethi 2015-12-16 02:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Annyone know what this video talk about exactly?
This look amazing

YouTube Video Placeholder

(Samples from 41min to the end)

Graphics UPDATE????
By Davorin 2015-12-16 03:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the Freshly Picked Vana'diel 23 video. We'll likely see a digest in the english forums soon.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-12-16 06:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Images 4 and 5 look like concept art for hades they both have elements of his current design. Sadly yes it's all past concept art the drg one has been around for a while I think.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-12-16 06:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

According to some of the previous posts, those are concept art pieces for some zones and mobs for an additional chapter to Seekers (or ToAU, I saw one person say that). Where we actually go into Tartarus.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 201 202 203