Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 201 202 203

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ibm2431 2015-12-15 14:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
those that do not have an afterglow will have quite a challenge ahead of them

No. None of this crap, SE. We've already worked our *** off for weapons that are starting to be outpaced by drops from 20-minute fights. Give the already existing afterglows their marrows/scoria/dross back or something, but don't make us jump through even more hurdles to reforge our legendaries yet again to bring them back up to their rightful place.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 14:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
For them to use the phrase "Quite a challenge" makes me wonder if that is something ridiculous or just something we will figure out how to streamline like getting alex, ploutons, or beads.

In that case relic owners would be able to obtain skill 269 version much faster than other weapons then......marrows are dart cheap nowadays, would only cost 300M to afterglow a relic. On the other hand, cinder empy after glow........

I have a feeling they won't reuse the same materials as that stage. Nothing to go by, but I just don't see it as likely.

I saw them mentioning the split as in that there was no way to unite the weapons trial paths to go to super119+ without combining those trials. Not that they are repeating those trials.

What I meant was, if the trials for none afterglow weapons are omgwtf super hard, and super easy for the afterglow version, it may be easier to spend 300M to afterglow relic and fast track a skill 269 weapon.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-15 14:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
We’re aware of an issue where players are unable to see or target other NPCs or party/alliance members, and the development team is currently investigating. At the moment, we ask for your patience while we work to resolve this bug. As soon as we have more information, we’ll update this thread.

Quote:
Hello,

We will be implementing an emergency maintenance in order to address this issue.

After making adjustments we will continue to observe the situation; however, due to differences in playing environments, the effect of these adjustments may vary. If you experience this issue after the maintenance, we would appreciate if you could leave feedback with details so we can look into this further.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-15 15:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For them to use the phrase "Quite a challenge" makes me wonder if that is something ridiculous or just something we will figure out how to streamline like getting alex, ploutons, or beads.

In that case relic owners would be able to obtain skill 269 version much faster than other weapons then......marrows are dart cheap nowadays, would only cost 300M to afterglow a relic. On the other hand, cinder empy after glow........

I have a feeling they won't reuse the same materials as that stage. Nothing to go by, but I just don't see it as likely.

I saw them mentioning the split as in that there was no way to unite the weapons trial paths to go to super119+ without combining those trials. Not that they are repeating those trials.

What I meant was, if the trials for none afterglow weapons are omgwtf super hard, and super easy for the afterglow version, it may be easier to spend 300M to afterglow relic and fast track a skill 269 weapon.

The problem with this is that people aren't taking demand into account. If it's easier to afterglow to fast-track the 269, more people will want to afterglow and prices on upgrade materials may skyrocket.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 15:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Simply kill all escha nm in all 3 zones... 1x for afterglows, 5x each for non-afterglows

Although this is a very reasonable requirement, IMO it's kinda lame, it's exactly the same requirement as A.weapons, which requires group play. Those who seek group play accomplishments could work on A weapon instead.

I always liked having a long term goal that I can slowly work on solo when my friend/lsmate isn't on. Back when I built my empy/mythic, I just solo farm gil then buy hmp/alex to finish the weapon if all my friends aren't on. After weapons are done done I got more solo long term goal to work on, which is to farm gil for mythic afterglow. I do ls event or join shout group to farm rest of the gears when friends/lsmate are on. It's nice to always have a soloable goal to work on when friends aren't on.

Now that they're handing out afterglow to every skill 269 weapons, that's 1 long term soloable goal gone since that killed my motivation to finish my afterglow. If skill 269 weapon requires group play, I wouldn't know what to do in FFXI if I log on on none prime time anymore :X

Personally, I'd prefer some diversity to obtain those skill 269 weapons.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

The problem with this is that people aren't taking demand into account. If it's easier to afterglow to fast-track the 269, more people will want to afterglow and prices on upgrade materials may skyrocket.

All relic owners, buy marrows before next update! :p
By Draylo 2015-12-15 15:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they do current owners justice, I knew this was going to happen I knew it lol. Now we can see how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it will be to see everyone with an afterglow. Christmas all the time.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-12-15 15:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
those that do not have an afterglow will have quite a challenge ahead of them.

I don't like the sound of this. Not one bit. For grind-happy S-E to say that we have quite a challenge ahead of us, it might be the last straw. Especially if it's content that can't be solo'ed or duo'ed. They've pretty much broken my drive to play with the current state of game balance.
By Draylo 2015-12-15 15:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Well they've announced info on content updates past console EoS including E/R/M weapon upgrades in February: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14420/detail.html
Quote:
Greetings, adventurers! Matsui here.

I'd like to talk a little about our plans for FINAL FANTASY XI going forward on the development and management side of things.

So that adventurers can always look forward to a fresh and ever-changing Vana'diel, we will be continuing monthly version updates past April. Look out for new updates every month focused on battle and story content.

On the battle side of things, we will be adding new battle varieties each month to keep up the scale and ferocity of the epic battlefields enjoyed thus far viable for a wide range of jobs and play styles. Of course, we also have smaller content planned for solo and Trust-based play.

Fresh story content is also in the works to flesh out the lives of Vana'diel's many inhabitants. New Records of Eminence objectives will offer adventurers glimpses into these characters' side stories.

To ensure that adventuring through Vana'diel stays as fun and frustration-free as possible, we will continue to balance battle content and make adjustments and quality of life improvements wherever we can. We will also be continuing to run login and other campaigns in keeping with the needs and wants of the community.

We are currently busy preparing for monthly updates in the run-up to April, including a version update slated for February, which will introduce new augments for Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and Ergon weapons.

As our plans for next year begin to solidify, we are growing increasingly excited for 2016 in Vana'diel. The team and I are committed to keep the magic of Vana'diel alive and will be putting in our hearts and souls to ring in another new and exciting year for FINAL FANTASY XI.

We wish you all a happy and safe holiday season and hope to see you all in Vana'diel in 2016!

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI

Some idiots thought that there would be no updates after nov and quit. wonder if they will all come crawling back.

To be fair a lot of people did. The way they made it sound was like 0 new content was coming after NOV and that was that. It was very depressing news and hit a lot of people. I place the blame on SE because its obvious they either had a forced change of plans or really bad translating.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 15:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I hope they do current owners justice, I knew this was going to happen I knew it lol. Now we can see how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it will be to see everyone with an afterglow. Christmas all the time.

Not sure how is it even possible to "do current afterglow owners justice" though. Relic afterglow cost like 300M, it's actually easier to obtain than 3 man salvage/assault era mythic since those mythics cost 400~600M at that time, it's also cheaper than ergon weapons. Cinder empy afterglow cost like....4.5 billion? If they're going to do cinder empy afterglow owner justice, it'd be way too easy for those who only spent 300m to afterglow their relic.

Also it wouldn't be fair for ergon weapon owners since you can't afterglow these.

Of course they can make relic afterglow trial harder than empy afterglow trial, but I'm 99% sure their difficulty would be the same.
By Afania 2015-12-15 16:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Well they've announced info on content updates past console EoS including E/R/M weapon upgrades in February: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14420/detail.html
Quote:
Greetings, adventurers! Matsui here.

I'd like to talk a little about our plans for FINAL FANTASY XI going forward on the development and management side of things.

So that adventurers can always look forward to a fresh and ever-changing Vana'diel, we will be continuing monthly version updates past April. Look out for new updates every month focused on battle and story content.

On the battle side of things, we will be adding new battle varieties each month to keep up the scale and ferocity of the epic battlefields enjoyed thus far viable for a wide range of jobs and play styles. Of course, we also have smaller content planned for solo and Trust-based play.

Fresh story content is also in the works to flesh out the lives of Vana'diel's many inhabitants. New Records of Eminence objectives will offer adventurers glimpses into these characters' side stories.

To ensure that adventuring through Vana'diel stays as fun and frustration-free as possible, we will continue to balance battle content and make adjustments and quality of life improvements wherever we can. We will also be continuing to run login and other campaigns in keeping with the needs and wants of the community.

We are currently busy preparing for monthly updates in the run-up to April, including a version update slated for February, which will introduce new augments for Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and Ergon weapons.

As our plans for next year begin to solidify, we are growing increasingly excited for 2016 in Vana'diel. The team and I are committed to keep the magic of Vana'diel alive and will be putting in our hearts and souls to ring in another new and exciting year for FINAL FANTASY XI.

We wish you all a happy and safe holiday season and hope to see you all in Vana'diel in 2016!

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI

Some idiots thought that there would be no updates after nov and quit. wonder if they will all come crawling back.

To be fair a lot of people did. The way they made it sound was like 0 new content was coming after NOV and that was that. It was very depressing news and hit a lot of people. I place the blame on SE because its obvious they either had a forced change of plans or really bad translating.

SE do that all the time. Back in 75 era they said they're not going to increase lv cap, then they broke their promise. I'm not exactly surprised that they broke their promise again. Probably just marketing strategy to promote RoV and boost sub numbers.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-15 16:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

darkwaffle said: »
Quote:

I think that's a pretty negative take. Even if you thought it sounded like development would end completely how can you really take offense if they now decide "Well maybe there's more we can do."? You should probably be happy they're continuing to work on it to some degree (I am!), not blaming them for not being able to see nine months into the future in March.

I mean Rhapsodies has gotten FFXI some attention again, it's been on various nerd sites and forums and a subject of streamers/talking head Youtubers. The reddit regularly sees "I'm coming back" posts I've even been in some US PUG groups for somewhat relevant content lately. It's not like XI is on the 'up and up' but maybe some of the renewed interest and positive sentiment about the game has given them more reason to not just drop it.

That said I never thought development would end full-stop. IMO that doesn't make sense with their goal of bringing it to mobile platforms.

Not sure how you took that from my post, I was just explaining how other people might have felt and why they left. I'm probably the happiest person on this site about the news and I'm like the biggest fan of this game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-12-15 16:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how is it even possible to "do current afterglow owners justice" though. Relic afterglow cost like 300M, it's actually easier to obtain than 3 man salvage/assault era mythic since those mythics cost 400~600M at that time, it's also cheaper than ergon weapons. Cinder empy afterglow cost like....4.5 billion? If they're going to do cinder empy afterglow owner justice, it'd be way too easy for those who only spent 300m to afterglow their relic.

Also it wouldn't be fair for ergon weapon owners since you can't afterglow these.

Of course they can make relic afterglow trial harder than empy afterglow trial, but I'm 99% sure their difficulty would be the same.

What they should have done is just keep both paths separate like always... Instead they got lazy and said they don't wanna do it anymore. It's just always going to end up with afterglow users getting shafted which is exactly what I expected and I knew this was coming. Not much I can do though and I'm sure 90% of the community doesn't give two shits about current afterglow users.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-12-15 16:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they make a toggle so we can turn afterglow off. If I wanted a damn glowing weapon I would have farmed the 150 scoria.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 16:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What they should have done is just keep both paths separate like always... Instead they got lazy and said they don't wanna do it anymore. It's just always going to end up with afterglow users getting shafted which is exactly what I expected and I knew this was coming. Not much I can do though and I'm sure 90% of the community doesn't give two shits about current afterglow users.

/rant on

Yeah I feel ya. I got my Einherjar/ToAU HNM clears when those needed an alliance, at that time Nyzul/salvage needs 3~6 person to clear, not to mention alex cost 20k each instead of 5k.

Now they just hand out mythics to everyone and that made me wonder why'd I bother to waste my time to work on it in the first place. But what can I do about it? 90% of the community wants easier mythic so they can have one. If I'm against the idea then people call me "elitist that just want to be special". Nowadays everyone has a mythic and I can't even get invite because others have mythics too so they took my spot, what the ***. :( :( :(

I'm pretty sure once all the hardcore kill all the escha NM and obtain A.weapon SE would just make some sort of KI to make A.weapon easier to obtain. After 1~2 years all the skill 269 weapons would be easy to obtain as well.

/endrant

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-12-15 16:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
I hope they make a toggle so we can turn afterglow off. If I wanted a damn glowing weapon I would have farmed the 150 scoria.
I'd settle on you finishing your vajra trials sometime this year.
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-15 16:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a little premature to get upset though. For all we know you could get a near free pass on the next upgrade while others have to spend time with it.

It's not much different than if they made marrows/scoria super easy to get through an update, like garunteed doubles or make the pops easier to get.

It's like a timed exclusive where you had it before everyone else. My Nomad cap that I got from attending the 2007 Fanfest is now available to people who buy that puzzle through a mog pell. It should have stayed an exclusive item to only people who physically went. But it's fine, I've had it for years.

Can't stay exclusive forever.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 16:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the whole bitterness people get at others for having an easier or better way to do something than they did.

Because I value my time. And I feel my time isn't respected.

Clinpachi said: »
It's a little premature to get upset though. For all we know you could get a near free pass on the next upgrade while others have to spend time with it.

It's not much different than if they made marrows/scoria super easy to get through an update, like garunteed doubles or make the pops easier to get.

It's like a timed exclusive where you had it before everyone else. My Nomad cap that I got from attending the 2007 Fanfest is now available to people who buy that puzzle through a mog pell. It should have stayed an exclusive item to only people who physically went. But it's fine, I've had it for years.

Nomad cap is just a vanity item isn't it? They're not the same as gears that actually affect your endgame performance.
By Draylo 2015-12-15 16:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the whole bitterness people get at others for having an easier or better way to do something than they did.

It isn't bitter "towards others" its mainly at SE for how they are handling it. If you can't understand why anyone would be upset about this then that is kinda strange, it isn't hard to see?
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-15 16:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I value my time. And I feel my time isn't respected.

Clinpachi said: »

Nomad cap is just a vanity item isn't it? They're not the same as gears that actually affect your endgame performance.

If you wanna be picky I can warp my entire party to their home nations with it ._.;

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 16:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't bitter "towards others" its mainly at SE for how they are handling it. If you can't understand why anyone would be upset about this then that is kinda strange, it isn't hard to see?

I can answer this question for you. The time you spent on afterglow is your own time, obviously others won't value it as much as you do.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-15 17:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason they are bitter is that their efforts have been cheapened.

Before, people who had obtained said ultimate weapons were acknowledged and respected for their dedication and there was a 99% chance the person was really good at said job (yes, I know it's not necessarily true, that's why I said 99%). If choosing to join a party people would rather choose those who had those ultimate weapons over those that didn't. But once they are made easy to get, that acknowledgement and respect is lessened as well as losing priority for party invites. So those who had obtained them originally are justified in being bitter.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-15 17:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The item was mainly a status symbol that you spent a lot of time for that specific job. Similar to job points but obviously a lot more expensive and time consuming. I don't see why everyone needs to have it except for pure laziness from the DEV team so they don't have to spend more resources. You are using the wrong argument for this as it isn't just a matter of "oh that came out x years ago, its about time everyone else got it 10x easier, didn't you enjoy the experience anyway!?" This is simply a status symbol, not a huge power increase that everyone should have. It took time to accomplish and was a goal people had.

It's kinda funny/expected that all the people who are like "who cares just accept it and move on" don't have these items. Does everyone even like the fact that there will be an entire server of people running around with glows? We'll be like WoW. I'm already over it but I just think it will look silly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-15 17:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »

Because I value my time.

Yeah but your problem is that you don't value your experience, which is really the whole point of an ultimate weapon. Has anyone here even considered why they are getting frustrated? It's not like we need these weapons to beat some final super threat. Everything can be beaten already. We are just doing this for the experience and love of the game.

And you would be wrong. There are things that have yet to be beaten... they are so ridiculously difficult (Zerde for example) that an alliance wiped within seconds of popping due to 500 HP/tic bio.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 201 202 203