Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-09 16:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
lets all stop using berserk and LR then... you know bc that's way the fuc more than 14%

If your using both berserk and LA then your doing it wrong, or doing really weak ***which nobody cares about.

LR by itself is already -35% defense which on harder content is gonna make you take some hits. TPing in +DT along with that is just being dumb.

Just because the gear has "DRK onry" on it, doesn't mean it's what you should be wearing. We don't care that you like to speak like Batman while playing and Cosplay as some emo rage filled anti-hero.

SE should create a DRK JSE neck that gives a permanent 5 count doom effect. Then we can watch people attempt to justify wearing it full time "cause DRK".
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-09 16:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea is that the +% Damage is there to boost how much TP you get back. You would only use this in a fight where you know you can withstand an attack with our without Drain III.

I think what we need to point is how poor 10% of Damage taken to TP really is nothing when you aren't the one tanking the mob.

I really only see two uses for this item:

- Switch into it once you know a hard hitting move is coming that you can live through. Remember DRK has Drain III so these situations aren't uncommon for them.
- You are tanking something as DRK, or you pull hate.

We keep wanting to bring up that the DRK will die but three things:

- Drain III exists
- Dread Spikes Exist
- A Catastrophe DRK turns TP into HP while also dealing respectable damage.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-09 17:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Asura.Syto said: »
I think SMN is going slip through untouched in this coming PUPdate..
Am I missing something? Is there some kind of PUP update in the wings?
Not that I've heard but they have been sneaking something in like every other update. Also there a few things broken with them that have been posted and accepted and some that haven't been posted yet since testing ongoing and something that was posted then deleted so who knows. Hopefully.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2017-05-09 17:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep calm for now guys, they announced various jobs adjustments,
Scarlet Delirium might gonna change.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-09 17:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Azagarth said: »
lets all stop using berserk and LR then... you know bc that's way the fuc more than 14%

If your using both berserk and LA then your doing it wrong, or doing really weak ***which nobody cares about.

LR by itself is already -35% defense which on harder content is gonna make you take some hits. TPing in +DT along with that is just being dumb.

Just because the gear has "DRK onry" on it, doesn't mean it's what you should be wearing. We don't care that you like to speak like Batman while playing and Cosplay as some emo rage filled anti-hero.

SE should create a DRK JSE neck that gives a permanent 5 count doom effect. Then we can watch people attempt to justify wearing it full time "cause DRK".

The affects of JUST ONE OF the following - last resort or berserk will cause you to take more dmg than that +14%..... way to read however you felt on that one, especially when you know what I meant.

The body has its place and dont underplay scythe, the dps it has isnt terrible, its actually fairly high under certain situations. Cata isnt to terrible either when you can spam it full force tanking and not die. These situations arent as uncommon as you would think.

while I wont pay 500m on this body (100m would be my max), that isnt really a good reason to not include an item as being good. Lets face it anyone who has bought HQ emicho body/hands has in essence wasted a shitload on marginal gains, and there are a lot in that group. Thats fine too because lots of marginal gains = big gains.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-05-09 17:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Scarlet Delirium with a minimum damage trigger of 400 and 5 minute duration, please!
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-05-10 00:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
I think SMN is going slip through untouched in this coming PUPdate..

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 07:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN temporarily dodged the bullet, though the massive rush of SMN's doing T4's last night was really funny to watch.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-10 09:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye it is possible they are just taking their time but i feel like someone saw job adjustments in the preview notes snd jumped to conclusions and the assumption became fact. Nothing has changed for smns except geo getting nerfed and strategies adapting to that. I think SE understands that.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 09:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Aye it is possible they are just taking their time but i feel like someone saw job adjustments in the preview notes snd jumped to conclusions and the assumption became fact.

Well we know it's coming based on past behaviors of identical situations. Long long time ago RNG's were doing this stuff and got nerfed pretty hard, most of us agree it was too severe a nerf. After them was DRK's with SEBW and various abuses, those got adjusted and one of which was the system wide 20% floor on delay reduction. THF's were doing stuff like this with RS and SE reduced the fTP on that. Then we had the BST's do exactly what SMN's are doing now, poping SP's and JA's then burning down the "highest" content in record time, they got a pretty harsh nerf. Not once has a game breaking (not just OP but fundamentally breaking game content) mechanic or ability not been nerfed.

So yeah it's coming, just a matter of when and by how much.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-10 10:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, for all the handwringing, SMN is really only good for NMs that can be physically damaged efficiently and are worth burning an SP on.

Here is a list of content that SMN is mediocre or bad at, because resetting an SP ability is annoying, SMN can only kill one monster every 22 seconds, and you expect to do these fights more often than once every 45 minutes:
* Omen
* Delve
* Vagary
* Sinister Reign
* Ambuscade
* Unity
* Most High Tier Battlefields
* Skirmish
* Incursion
* Dynamis
* Salvage
* Assault
* Every easier Aeonic NM

Here's a list of all the content that SMN is worth using for:
* Schah, Albumen, and maybe Teles/Onch/Erinys if you're particularly lazy
* Maybe some Job Master BCs

They would be justified looking at those two lists and saying "There's plenty of ilevel 119 content that SMN is mediocre or bad at. Why do we have to adjust anything?"
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-10 10:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My team is low man. We rely on scholar or pup scs and smn closing with pup tank on some of the stuff we do. We don't rely on mass burns and i use my SP for omen and such to speed the kills. I don't feel OP at all. Other times im on geo and our blu takes over dps depending on what we kill.

My biggest concern was they will nerf solo smns instead of maybe fixing the smn spam issue. so im happy that they have held back for now.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 10:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
They would be justified looking at those two lists and saying "There's plenty of ilevel 119 content that SMN is mediocre or bad at. Why do we have to adjust anything?"

Exactly the same thing BST's said. Those abusing a game exploit never want to admit they are abusing a game exploit.

SMN AC zerg is broken, you know this.

Quote:
* Omen
* Delve
* Vagary
* Sinister Reign
* Ambuscade
* Unity
* Skirmish
* Incursion
* Dynamis
* Salvage
* Assault
* Every easier Aeonic NM

SMN's destroy all that, it's just too much hassle to bother with it and players are lazy.

Last night there was a huge rush of SMN's doing the T4's and Omen, they were even fighting over pop sets. Everyone was trying to get in their wins / mercs before the anticipated "nerf".

At this point in time anyone trying to defend SMN AC zerg just looks like a fool. Nobodies believing you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-10 10:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst was aided by SEs addition of revit in reisen.

Even after the distance nerf Bst were still downing escha/reisen stuff in record time pre revit nerf. SE responded by buffing smns and pups pretty regularly and releasing less bst friendly content
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 10:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Bst was aided by SEs addition of revit in reisen.

Even after the distance nerf Bst were still downing escha/reisen stuff in record time pre revit nerf. SE responded by buffing smns and pups pretty regularly and releasing less bst friendly content

Umm you didn't abuse the BST situation did you. I did and I can tell you that it had nothing to do with SP's.

Run Wild is what they were abusing with revits, and super revit didn't change this. By standing at 20+ feet away BST's could use their pets do kill stuff with the exact same setup SMN's are using now.

SMN is actually worse then BST because while they were super safe, it often took them a few minutes to kill things while SMN's do it in 30~60s.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-10 10:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How can using an ability as it was designed to be used be considered a game exploit? BST zerging ***wasn't abuse of an exploit and this isn't either. If the DPS is too high, SE should nerf it, but the current situation can't be described as an exploit.

SMN definitely doesn't "destroy" any event that involves killing multiple monsters. Doing 60k damage every 22 seconds isn't going to farm you very many points in Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish. It's not going to protect the tent in normal Yorcia Skirmish. It's going to get you at best a pretty normal clear time for Delve zones. I like it okay for Salvage, but it's probably not better than any other job I could bring. SP ability is a nice damage spike against the Omen boss, but my Omen clears as SMN when farming cards are slow and generally don't get me very many cards.

You just care too much about Aeonic NMs.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 10:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep trying to tell people it's not Game Breaking. Nobodies believing the *** your shoveling. It would be easier to sell Ocean front real estate in Oklahoma then the idea that SMN AC zerg isn't broken as ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-05-10 10:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

But Aeonics are the only content in the game!
Wah wah wah nerf SMN
This is Kiaru with GEO all over again, only with more sand
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-10 10:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

r u a politician?

Recipe for political reply:
* Reframe the statement/question in your own terms
* Make an some stupid, distracting analogy that doesn't really even work
* Repeat

And you've pretty clearly never attempted to use SMN as a damage source for anything outside of Conduit.

As someone who has periodically attempted to go SMN for the last few years, I'm impressed when I see what this board's SMNs have used it for (Escha Genbu solo, using it as a damage source in Master BCs, etc.) because I know that the job isn't actually strong. The job is unique, but it's a pretty mediocre damage source outside of Conduit.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-05-10 10:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be pretty mediocre outside of conduit but then it goes from zero to super hero
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-10 10:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you miss Kiaru, you can find him on the OF
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-10 11:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The mediocre aspect is its kill speed. They can still reliably clear all of that content with obscene safety.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-10 11:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
The mediocre aspect is its kill speed. They can still reliably clear all of that content with obscene safety.

Unless you are very skilled this obscene safety includes a party and a tank

I can sort of see the argument against mass conduit burns but as a solo dps like we use it for smn clears content at the same pace as every other setup if not a little slower. We just get to drop a full time healer for a cor or a sch or puppet.

Seems like you want smn to be undesirable to any content.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-10 11:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, for all the handwringing, SMN is really only good for NMs that can be physically damaged efficiently and are worth burning an SP on.

Here is a list of content that SMN is mediocre or bad at, because resetting an SP ability is annoying, SMN can only kill one monster every 22 seconds, and you expect to do these fights more often than once every 45 minutes:
* Omen
* Delve
* Vagary
* Sinister Reign
* Ambuscade
* Unity
* Skirmish
* Incursion
* Dynamis
* Salvage
* Assault
* Every easier Aeonic NM

Here's a list of all the content that SMN is worth using for:
* Schah, Albumen, and maybe Teles/Onch/Erinys if you're particularly lazy
* Maybe some Job Master BCs

Lolwat?
Omen: conduit the mid to drop it or conduit certain endbosses. Thunderspark all the trash to clear waves.
Delve: <10 minute yorcia
Vagary: conduit works well on 4 of the 5 bosses. Can kill fomor and leech zone bosses.
Sinister reign: Closing skillchains
Ambuscade: varies wildly each update
Unity: trash mobs are trash. Smn can probably conduit the toau kings, be a dps on tc.
Htbf: avatars we oddly suck on, but thats their innate dt. Conduit can wreck promathia.
Skirmish: trash mobs get wrecked. Thunderapark cleave or kite alluvion yorcia pops.
Incursion. Conduit higher level bosses, thunderspark trash.
Dynamis really? Who cares about thia?
$alvage/assault this isnt current content.

Aeonic nms: t1s in all zones get wrecked without conduit. T2s as well. T3s in resin all can be solo smn conduited.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-10 11:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the things you listed male SMN superior to any other job
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-10 11:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not broken because of the time it takes. It's not broken because of the damage it does. It's broken because the entire package allows for a strategy that's many orders of magnitude simpler and more reliable than any other.

1. Do Beast and Drachen Roll.
2. Use apogee.
3. Pop NM.
4. RUN acquire hate while GEO does bolster frailty/torpor and dia2.
5. Volt Strike x4 with super revitalizer, use conduit. Volt strike for another 30 seconds. RUN uses Odyllic Subterfuge to make chance of any debuff or damage extremely minimal.

For Schah, WoC, Kirin, and Teles.. that is all you need.
You could bring a THF for teles if you want, but it seems to always SV for first 1hr.

For vinipata and albumen, add a brd to horde lullaby adds once at the start(or in albumens case, geo can sub blm and es sleepga).

For erinys, have one (potentially naked or even under 99) smn spam mewing lullaby.

I just wrote a comprehensive strategy for 7 of the hardest 9 NMs needed for aeonic weapons. It took less text and explaining than writing a comprehensive strategy for a single one of them sans SMN. The entire process could probably be done with a long windower macro using send if you wanted... that's how simple and consistant it is.

The primary argument against is the gear requirement, but as a party it's still a much lower gil requirement than the normal strategies. People see it as an additional cost because they hopped on the smn bandwagon and paid it all to gain that privilege. The reality is it's not any different than any other job's gear and is actually significantly cheaper than most.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-10 11:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the things you listed male SMN superior to any other job

Several of them do, or at the very least put them on par with other current viable tactics, so nothing makes smn actively terrible at any of it.

Only exclusions are certain htbf and certain months ambuscade.

Dont know why you even listed 75/99 content, its disingenuous to your argument.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-05-10 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It just sounds like some people don't want SMN to great at anything. You have to admit that, by definition, there must be a job that is the 'best' at doing something. If SMN has pop their SP2 to achieve that on some content, then I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

My THF is incredibly powerful whenever I steal Mighty Strikes, but there's no reason for that to be nerfed just because I do particularly well in those specific fights.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 11:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is so funny seeing SMN's argue. One is deliberately trying to make SMN appear weaker then it is to as to deflect from how obscene broken it is. The other is career SMN-onry (literally all Frod plays is SMN) and takes offense to having his only job called mediocre, even if its in an attempt at deflection.

Also easy to see who played SMN before the AC zerg fest and who plans to drop it the moment they can no longer abuse AC zerg.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-10 11:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking news: bandwagon job causes people to want to level job.
If it is not SMN it is something else.
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 201 202 203