Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 201 202 203
By clearlyamule 2017-05-09 13:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Maybe you could use it some obtuse world where you have a Catastrophe DRK Drain tanking?
Please never speak of this again. Know someone that swears by it so don't give him more ammo... as well as using Excalibur for the refresh/regen aftermath <.<
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-09 14:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Excalibur for the refresh/regen aftermath <.<
For those type of people I just hit them with Regen II and laugh.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-05-09 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Excalibur for the refresh/regen aftermath <.<
For those type of people I just hit them with Regen II and laugh.
Well funny part is pretty sure he has pocket mage with some sort of auto cure on it anyways.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-09 14:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

LennartHK said: »
If SE was smart
We wouldn't have this thread, would we?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-05-09 15:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
It gives 98 accuracy when using a scythe, so that's something.
If I'm ever at the point where i need the maximum of about 60 extra acc that it gives for a scythe then I clearly need to change to a job with actual accuracy gifts or SE released some obscene piece of equip that has no acc in a different slot.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-09 15:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

90 acc in one slott is a huge deal and reason enough I will go for it. DRKS best dps weapons lack acc, as in have no +acc.... so they tend to suffer a bit more. I have this issue with calad still occasionally and I am sure all the lib/anguta/beak users do too which I am sure was SE's focus when they made this. Not to mention a cata user could be fine with the increase dmg taken for tp.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-05-09 15:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
It gives 98 accuracy when using a scythe, so that's something.
If I'm ever at the point where i need the maximum of about 60 extra acc that it gives for a scythe then I clearly need to change to a job with actual accuracy gifts or SE released some obscene piece of equip that has no acc in a different slot.
I mean, Dark Knights still use Ragnarok on some content just for the accuracy, and scythes like Liberator and Anguta are about 55 ACC behind that.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-09 15:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You should not be regularly TPing in a piece of gear that has Damage Taken +14% no matter what your accuracy, dead DD's deal no damage. TP Accuracy means absolutely nothing if your also missing acc in your WS sets, which most of you are.

This is a high-acc WS piece for one hitters, which already get +100 acc to start with, and a piece for SD. Anything that you can "safely" TP in that body isn't something that we care about for damage and if your stupid enough to try to TP in it on real content, the group leader is justified telling you to switch to GEO or COR and letting a more competent person come in the DD slot. DRK is already made of glass as is.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-05-09 15:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely not a piece for SD, as I showed before.

If you were fighting something that doesn't have common dangerous AoEs (like Warder of Courage outside of certain SPs, a place where the 117 MEVA might help resist Stun as well), and you were underbuffed on ACC for some reason, I could see it having a tiny niche of a scythe TP piece.

I mean, you'd have to be using scythe in the first place, which is pretty meh, but...
By Jadey 2017-05-09 15:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 1 from new Bonanza can potentially give a free Abdhaljs seal effect on a 20 hour recast forever and that's genuinely intriguing if you think the crafting shields will cut into Kupo Shield's effectiveness.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-09 15:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you forget that any decent drk will probably be riding drain3 with 4500~6500 hp non-mb. You wont be using this when you are using GS, that much is obvious. Which means the ability to self MB drain3 and ride 9999hp is/should be pretty easy to do since nearly all scythe ws make darkness.

But yes, each situation dictates different sets. I would not use this on vini melee style for example. But arguably using drk on him isnt wise anyhow, and you would probably use a hybrid set anyhow.
By bagamuti 2017-05-09 15:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Just looked over the DRK AF +3 body and their about the same.

Quote:
DEF:166 HP+164 MP+122 STR+46 DEX+29 VIT+39 AGI+29 INT+29 MND+29 CHR+29
Accuracy+50 Attack+48 Evasion+61 Magic Evasion+68 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Enfeebling magic skill +22 Haste+3%
Weapon Skill Damage +10%

Quote:
DEF:166 HP+533 STR+48 DEX+34 VIT+30 AGI+21 INT+25 MND+25 CHR+24
Accuracy+47 Evasion+70 Magic Evasion+117 Haste+3%
Scythe Skill+56 Weaponskill Damage+10%
Damage Taken+14% Converts Damage Taken to TP+10%
DRK Lv99

AF+3 has more INT/MND/VIT 2 less STR 5 less DEX and doesn't have the scythe skill. Scythe WS's tend to be stuff like 60% STR/MND, 85% INT, 60% STR/INT, 20% STR/INT and so forth. Torcleaver is a one hit WS with 80% VIT. Because of those you still need the DRK AF +3 body so this basically becomes a high accuracy piece (sameish attack) and a macro piece for SD.

The bonus for SD is determined by the percentage of lost HP not the actual numerical amount. A 500HP DRK taking a 250HP hit will receive the same (25%) bonus as a 9999HP DRK taking a 4499HP hit (25%). Maxing HP out to 9.9K actually lowers the bonus from SD but increase's survivability, something DRK desperately struggles with. A DRK at 2.1K HP taking 1500 damage hit will receive a 35% damage bonus for 90s, a 9999K HP DRK taking the same 1500 damage hit will receive a 7.5% damage bonus.

I only see two situations where this is useful. First is for SD macro, when you see it reading a big TP move you put it on and hope you don't die. The second is after NV DS Drain III when your riding high HP and you can afford to play dangerous for a bit so you toss this on every time the NM readies a TP move or looks in your direction. It's lack of other stats hurts it here, I really wish it had like DA/TA or even Store TP so that it didn't screw with TP sets you could benefit from random splash AoE damage.

ahem Catastrophe + Souleater ?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-09 15:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody cares what you do on CL's under -139 (Omen). Thats easy land where you can get away with lots of dumb ***. This is HQ crafted gear likely T0 maybe T1, so a hundred mil or more. You want to spend that much to better solo Selkit be my guest.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-05-09 15:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Nobody cares what you do on CL's under -139 (Omen). Thats easy land where you can get away with lots of dumb ***. This is HQ crafted gear likely T0 maybe T1, so a hundred mil or more. You want to spend that much to better solo Selkit be my guest.
That body would make Selkit one of the most deadly NMs in the game. I had an awful experience with Selkit on my blu after begrudging ring finally dropped for me until I moved the thing into sachel for the fights.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-05-09 15:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just so genuinely shocked that there is a world in which people think that most of the billions of gil spent each day across all servers isn't solely for the purpose of standing in town AFK.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-05-09 15:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up with this dark Knight debate? I thought we were arguing about summoner.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-05-09 15:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of the old days when we'd use plastron for ws if we couldn't find a better alternative. On anything remotely dangerous I wouldn't use it as it's too risky. Looks like a good stopgap piece for Ambuscade/Adoulin content til you get +3 body, +2 Sulevia's or nicely augmented Valorous.

Does anyone risk dt+ gear for scarlet delirium? I know if I was the WHM in the party I'd be asking the DRK not to intentionally hurt themselves for a slight boost. It wouldn't matter in content like Voidwatch as you can heal yourself with temps. I'd love to use it in my Lib's AM3 set but I can't justify the dt+ and lack of DA/TA/QA and STP.
By Chyula 2017-05-09 16:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

what make that body broken is the 10% TP return on damage take. It'll probably make drk into silly ws spam rate.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-09 16:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Reminds me of the old days when we'd use plastron for ws if we couldn't find a better alternative. On anything remotely dangerous I wouldn't use it as it's too risky. Looks like a good stopgap piece for Ambuscade/Adoulin content til you get +3 body, +2 Sulevia's or nicely augmented Valorous.

If it was really cheap sure but the other "Su" gear tends to be high level crafting and we're discussing the "HQ" version so expect it to be expensive.

That's the problem with "Su" gear, it's supposed to be "alternative gear" for people to buy instead of farming the "powerful iL119" gear yet it's usually not worth the cost.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Does anyone risk dt+ gear for scarlet delirium? I know if I was the WHM in the party I'd be asking the DRK not to intentionally hurt themselves for a slight boost. It wouldn't matter in content like Voidwatch as you can heal yourself with temps. I'd love to use it in my Lib's AM3 set but I can't justify the dt+ and lack of DA/TA/QA and STP.

Depends on the content, I can see people doing that ***on stuff under CL140. Once we dial up the Boss's level that stuff becomes suicide and all that happens is you get a dead DD for half the fight. It's the same retards that recommend people TP in HQ Argosy then try to justify it as being the "healers" job to heal them regardless of how stupid their playing.

Chyula said: »
what make that body broken is the 10% TP return on damage take. It'll probably make drk into silly ws spam rate.

You get no TP when your on the ground or weakened.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-09 16:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you survive the hits that is.

There's a difference between 1 HP and 0 HP. It's called being able to contribute.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-05-09 16:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
I think SMN is going slip through untouched in this coming PUPdate..
Am I missing something? Is there some kind of PUP update in the wings?
By Chyula 2017-05-09 16:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there will be way to offset the damage taken+, but the potential is there to use. 14% is not a lot when 2 ring slot have 18%. no one is telling you to have a build that take 99% dmg every hit, just have to balance it out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-05-09 16:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between 1 HP and 0 HP. It's called being able to contribute.
I'm not saying that fulltiming it always a good idea, or even often a good idea, but 14% is not going to make or break whether you live all that often, especially if you're running 3000+ HP and aren't trying to tank in it.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-09 16:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I still fail to see why the body wouldn't be good, and I am a good career drk. Its situational but very usable. Obviously under 139 go crazy, nothings remotely hard now.

I think the only 2 events people worry about is Helms and Omen bosses. I could use this on most omen bosses (If i was a scythe user). Fact is im at 4500+ hp on them (non-mb) 4:30/5:00 min. So ya for 30 sec I would be a bit cautious, but I also could you know.... toggle to a hybrid set if needed... I would probably stray from using this however if I take hate, thats why I have multiple sets and others should too. I also could easily use apoc, and cata spam... I would not really worry about dying if I was doing that as I have been able to hold a few after full pty wipes excluding myself (mainly kyou lol!). Again thats thank to having massive hp boosts on.

In terms of Helm mobs, the only one worth worrying about is vini melee. Vini just does so much aoe spam that a hybrid set is a big help. However, albumen you could easily get away with this, same goes for teles/eriyns(ws only obv)/ory/schah too on adds. Woc is never dealing much dmg and kirin either... id feel more than safe using this body on them too, and tbh that massive magic eva might be very helpful on WoC.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-09 16:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there will be way to offset the damage taken+, but the potential is there to use. 14% is not a lot when 2 ring slot have 18%. no one is telling you to have a build that take 99% dmg every hit, just have to balance it out.

So your wearing -DT to offset +DT and wasting valuable Store TP and Multi-Attack slots and thus lowering your DPS...

Or using a defensive weapon with a defensive weaponskill while using a body that makes you take more damage and thus forcing you to use that weaker weaponskill in the first place.

That's like ... hey I'm going to give myself -50% attack to enjoy this +25% attack buff, go team DRK!

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I still fail to see why the body wouldn't be good, and I am a good career drk. Its situational but very usable.

Opportunity cost vs actual value. It's perfectly fine as a SD macro piece or right before the NM does a TP move while your riding buffed HP. You take the hit, get the TP, then switch back into normal TP / WS gear. That would work on anything underneath a Reisen T3 or Omen MB, after that it gets dicey and then Cl150's are just "*** no".
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-09 16:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying that fulltiming it always a good idea, or even often a good idea, but 14% is not going to make or break whether you live all that often, especially if you're running 3000+ HP and aren't trying to tank in it.
In chyula's example, the DRK is trying to tank in it. Otherwise, that Damage Converted to TP stat is useless.

Now, if TP Converted to Damage was on there.....
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-09 16:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lets all stop using berserk and LR then... you know bc that's way the fuc more than 14%
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 201 202 203