Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 201 202 203
By hobo 2016-11-09 21:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

there is un-named gear in the mog bonzanza prizes, and was talk of actual new thing. So id take that as a yes new area?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-09 23:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Are we getting a new zone?

That's the Reisen Shrine without the cloudy ***
[+]
By Boshi 2016-11-09 23:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
there is un-named gear in the mog bonzanza prizes, and was talk of actual new thing. So id take that as a yes new area?

That was a Great Sword listed on the unity voucher that on the Japanese website was Montante +1
By hobo 2016-11-09 23:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was refering to Kupon A-119, Kupon I-119, Kupon AW-119 that have the following line:

* We will update this information when the items names have been set.
By Draylo 2016-11-09 23:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

*** I forgot to spend all my ambuscase points. RIP 45k points.
 Asura.Nohrin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Nohrin 2016-11-10 00:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The unnamed item will prolly be 10,000 of REM stones of your choice or a maybe they made a all-in-1 10,000 version, but that's my guess
By Pantafernando 2016-11-11 02:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the "Primed for Adventure" Live Stream! (11/10/2016)

Over the past couple of years the world of Vana'diel has changed in many new and exciting ways, and if you've been on an adventuring hiatus for a bit, there's a good chance you might have missed out on some of the great quality-of-life changes that make it easier than ever to adventure throughout Vana'diel.

To coincide with all the excitement in November to celebrate "XI" month, Camate and Sicycre from the North America community team will be holding a special live stream where they will be showing off recent changes to the game as well as how to gear up a level 99 character who is just returning.

Have you been feeling the urge to return to the world of Vana'diel after a while but don't know where you should start? Make sure to tune in and find out how you can catch up so you'll be ready to fight alongside your fellow adventurers once more!

Date & Time:
Friday, November 18, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. Pacific / 6:00 p.m. Eastern

Themes:
A look at all the recent changes to FINAL FANTASY XI and where to start off when coming back after a long break.

World:
Asura

Where to watch:
The official FINAL FANTASY XI Twitch Channel
https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxi
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-11 03:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Very skeptic on the utility of such an initiative, but it's clearly not addressed at players like me.
In general I think it's a nice thing, I'm glad it's gonna happen.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-11-11 04:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to watch based off of the jobs they play as.

=D
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-11-11 04:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna show us how to tank and melee as rdm probably
 Leviathan.Loona
Server: Leviathan
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2016-11-11 10:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Very skeptic on the utility of such an initiative, but it's clearly not addressed at players like me.
In general I think it's a nice thing, I'm glad it's gonna happen.

One of the community reps streams on Twitch frequently, I'd bet she's the one triggering this. Kinda pointless if you're not in a US time zone, and I figure most of what they'll be saying there is already on countless other videos and guides, but who knows, maybe'll it'll be a first step towards other more interesting things.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-11 10:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, we've seen the devs play so "1hr every mob" might be a slide all its own.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-11 12:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Zubis said: »
Are we getting a new zone?

That's the Reisen Shrine without the cloudy ***

Honestly, given that SE lives recycling zones, an alternate Rei wouldn't be a shock.

More interesting is that the screenshot shows identical stata in two different gearsets. Maybe they haven't decided on stata or it literally just rolls set/trait/ability enhancement over to AF.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-11 12:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so you guys know, those community reps do actually play and one or both actually post on this forum. They aren't the herpderps most of you seem to be implying them to be.
[+]
By Yandaime 2016-11-11 12:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Just so you guys know, those community reps do actually play and one or both actually post on this forum. They aren't the herpderps most of you seem to be implying them to be.

Bring them farward!! Reveal yourselves you cowards!!

Lol :D

Would be pretty cool if they actually did participate on the *real* forum. This is of course only my opinion but I feel like this forum and BG are where the players REALLY sit down and talk when we aren't trolling.
By Afania 2016-11-11 13:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »

Would be pretty cool if they actually did participate on the *real* forum. This is of course only my opinion but I feel like this forum and BG are where the players REALLY sit down and talk when we aren't trolling.

Umm I believe if you work as a GM or community rep for a game you can't reveal your personal char name if you work for the company because players will approach them and bribe them or something.

I'm kinda surprised that Kyte actually know who they are tbh.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-11 13:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Found one!!!!!
[+]
 Siren.Jedd
user: Jedd
By Siren.Jedd 2016-11-11 13:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall that in a LS Kyte and I joined back near the beginning of SoA that one of the members was apparently Camate. Never got to ask him about that myself, but it seemed like it was commonly accepted in that group. It kinda abruptly fell apart after the leader quit for XIV. Maybe Kyte can verify?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-11 13:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't think they're supposed to say so I'm not going to out him.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-11 13:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Any good info on Ani event? Been doing it for a couple hours now thinking I would unlock some more things to purchase, but no go.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-11-11 15:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Yandaime said: »

Umm I believe if you work as a GM or community rep for a game you can't reveal your personal char name if you work for the company because players will approach them and bribe them or something.

Not exactly. One of the two community reps in this upcoming stream actively streams on twitch and her character name is known.

The thing is that community reps don't have a whole lot of input, NA reps just bundle up information and send them to Japan, and they will have "inside info" but it's not like they control the game in any fashion, they are still pretty low on the totem pole. So the only advantage is you can get some information early. They're also not GM's and don't have GM powers when playing as their normal character.

That said, they aren't as terrible at this game as the Devs are since they are real players, at least both of these ones were FFXI players before ever working at SE. I forget the timeline on the regular twitch streamer but she was a streamer before getting the SE job, though she mostly spends time on other games (Phoenix Wright, FFXIV) and just does FFXI streams for storyline, mostly.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-11 23:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, someone on the team surely does because this game has some very creative jobs and maintains reasonable balance across the spectrom (content-design is more often the problem than job design), but you can watch the videos of some of the stuff they do and... herpderp is a good word for it.

Watching the live-thing during maintenance..last month I think..and it seemed clear that the operator wasn't even comfortable with the camera controls.

It frequently seems like the people that know how to program don't get to talk to the people that know how to play.
By Draylo 2016-11-12 00:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol! They are doing it on asura. So they will get trolled hard I'm sure. Wish I could be on at the time.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-11-12 00:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

Honestly, someone on the team surely does because this game has some very creative jobs and maintains reasonable balance across the spectrom (content-design is more often the problem than job design), but you can watch the videos of some of the stuff they do and... herpderp is a good word for it.

Watching the live-thing during maintenance..last month I think..and it seemed clear that the operator wasn't even comfortable with the camera controls.

It frequently seems like the people that know how to program don't get to talk to the people that know how to play.

Well, all of the developers play the game to some degree. But most of them are very casual. Matsui has an interview out saying he needed to get his teenage son to come power level him in Abyssea because he couldn't do it himself, lol...and those are the people that do the videos showing things. This is also why for significant periods of time we'd have updates that mostly focus on "beginner" endgame issues, and not final tier stuff, because none-one of the devs play this game hardcore.

But the people doing the livestream announced are community reps, who are current NA players (one of which has an aeonic or two on their character) so they'll actually have some semblance of knowledge of the game. Though I highly doubt they'll have windower running and gearswap being used, so they won't be *that* good.
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-13 01:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

But the people doing the livestream announced are community reps, who are current NA players (one of which has an aeonic or two on their character) so they'll actually have some semblance of knowledge of the game. Though I highly doubt they'll have windower running and gearswap being used, so they won't be *that* good.
Are you saying that you aren't good unless you use gearswap?
By Calinari 2016-11-13 02:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »

Are you saying that you aren't good unless you use gearswap?

There are certainly tiers of "good". It's no secret gearswap dramatically improves dps. Game just doesn't read swaps fast enough.

That's why they said "*that*" good.
[+]
By Afania 2016-11-13 02:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

Well, all of the developers play the game to some degree. But most of them are very casual. Matsui has an interview out saying he needed to get his teenage son to come power level him in Abyssea because he couldn't do it himself, lol...and those are the people that do the videos showing things. This is also why for significant periods of time we'd have updates that mostly focus on "beginner" endgame issues, and not final tier stuff, because none-one of the devs play this game hardcore.

Everyone knows who the community reps are except me =C
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-14 11:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Lol! They are doing it on asura. So they will get trolled hard I'm sure. Wish I could be on at the time.

Unfortunately, this ^

Asura can't go a single day without drama so it will be interesting to see if the best of our community is represented in the stream lol.

We shall see!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-11-14 19:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst case they call over to the GM department and hand out bans on some people. Or in the cases of certain people...additional bans.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-11-14 20:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Gonna show us how to tank and melee as rdm probably
Actually pretty easy to be honest. Only downfall was giving rdm tranq heart but even that can be overcome.
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 201 202 203