Asura.Fujilives
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2016-11-02 12:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Upheaval is the best WS I can think of where this principal might work that you actually use. Upheaval is 1.0 at 1k, 3.5 at 2k and 6.5 at 3k.

No it's not, multi-hits mean something.

Upheaval is a 4 hit WS, only the first hit gets the fTP boost. The remaining 3 hits along with any MA procs are stuck at +1.0 http://fTP. Cross Reaper is the same way, first hit gets the fTP boost but the second hit and any subsequent MA procs are only +1.0. What's important is total fTP being used, unless your doing some SA silliness in which case your better off going with Savage / Mistral or just slapping someone.

Upheaval (moonshade)
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Upheaval

1.5 First hit + 3 x 1.0 extra hits = 4.5 fTP @1000
4.25 First hit + 3 x 1.0 extra hits = 7.25 fTP @2000
6.5 First hit + 3 x 1.0 extra hits = 9.5 fTP at max

That's without procing multi-hits, which you most certainly will do and those favor spamming at 1000. Specifically about WAR, the ridiculous amount of +DA that job gets means that you'll be procing over one DA on average per WS. That's why Resolution seems so broken in a WAR's hands, TP scaling combined with fTP on MA leads to frequent 7 hit Resolutions with silly total fTP's. The downside being the -15% attack which is mitigatable with WAR's attack bonus's and buffs. No SC's though so "situational blah blah" applies.

BEHOLD THE STRIKING HAMMER GREATSWORD OF SAEVEL!

Just when you thought ~100 page deep dev-tracker-thread posts were a secluded enough location for safely spreading FFXI misinformation...

Hark! There shall be no warrior WS misinformation on this day; there shall only be SAEVEL.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-02 12:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheaval is the best WS I can think of where this principal might work that you actually use. Upheaval is 1.0 at 1k, 3.5 at 2k and 6.5 at 3k.

No it's not, multi-hits mean something.
Odin.Geriond said: »
Almost all of those weaponskills are multiple hits, meaning your values for fTP are misleading. For example, counting the additional hits, Cross Reaper is 3>5>8, and Upheaval is 4>6.5>9.5.

Suddenly, the TP scaling doesn't look nearly as attractive, and this is even more true if using mythic or significant multi-attack.

You seem to misunderstand me. I am not suggesting that you use any of those WS at 3k tp, I think that entire argument is dumb because it varies based on situation. All I am doing is listing WS with greater ftp scaling between 2k and 3k. I specifically state this when talking about Aeolian Edge. I did include plausible reasons to use them at 3k tp, but that isn't an endorsement.

In regards to Upheaval, I state the the principal might work because WAR has such a massive amount of DA and STP from gear that, depending on procs and buffs, you could perhaps gain over 1k tp faster than you might recover from two forced waits after ws. You also aren't getting much out of spamming a WS on Great Axe, so chances are better you are closing a multistep skillchain with it.

I appreciate you bringing up something I've already addressed.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-02 13:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate you bringing up something I've already addressed.

Addressed incorrectly... WAR's DA actually makes it worse to try to hold TP on those WS's. Free TP is gravy but we're not discussing free bonus TP.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-02 16:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Addressed incorrectly... WAR's DA actually makes it worse to try to hold TP on those WS's. Free TP is gravy but we're not discussing free bonus TP.

You are correct. Neither of us is talking about free tp. Also, we aren't talking the same thing either.

I am not suggesting that you use any of those WS at 3k tp, I think that entire argument is dumb because it varies based on situation.

Which you agreed with...

No SC's though so "situational blah blah" applies.

Considering that's exactly the situation I list...

You also aren't getting much out of spamming a WS on Great Axe, so chances are better you are closing a multistep skillchain with it.

You attacked a point I wasn't making nor trying to defend, which I already clarified I wasn't making nor trying to defend. I point this out to you, you again attack a point I am not making or trying to defend.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-02 20:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings,

It’s no doubt that having a feature such as this would be beneficial for those that have run out of their voidstone stock and are aspiring to finish upgrading Empyrean weapons (or those who are looking to make some gil!). Unfortunately, due to how the system is structured, addressing this change is not something that is possible at the moment.

Your stock of voidstones and the voidstone key items function in different ways. When trading in voiddust, these items are automatically converted into key items held in your character data. However, the stock of voidstones is only calculated through time, and it cannot be added to in any other way besides time adjustments such as through the obtainment of abyssites.

Therefore in order to address this we would either have to revamp the key item system to accommodate for a much larger amount of voidstones to be held or address the way stock is managed. Both of these options would require a considerable amount of resources to accomplish, and unfortunately is not something that we can realistically do at the moment.

Apologies for the inconvenience of having to head back to town to trade in more voiddust, but we would greatly appreciate your understanding.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-11-02 20:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"Therefore in order to address this we would either have to revamp the key item system to accommodate for a much larger amount of voidstones to be held or address the way stock is managed. Both of these options would require a considerable amount of resources to accomplish, and unfortunately is not something that we can realistically do at the moment. "

I'm curious as to why the system was programmed like that. :x
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-11-02 21:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Greetings,

It’s no doubt that having a feature such as this would be beneficial for those that have run out of their voidstone stock and are aspiring to finish upgrading Empyrean weapons (or those who are looking to make some gil!). Unfortunately, due to how the system is structured, addressing this change is not something that is possible at the moment.

Your stock of voidstones and the voidstone key items function in different ways. When trading in voiddust, these items are automatically converted into key items held in your character data. However, the stock of voidstones is only calculated through time, and it cannot be added to in any other way besides time adjustments such as through the obtainment of abyssites.

Therefore in order to address this we would either have to revamp the key item system to accommodate for a much larger amount of voidstones to be held or address the way stock is managed. Both of these options would require a considerable amount of resources to accomplish, and unfortunately is not something that we can realistically do at the moment.

Apologies for the inconvenience of having to head back to town to trade in more voiddust, but we would greatly appreciate your understanding.

Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-02 21:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Greetings,

That's equally as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as the last thing I called HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Remove voidstones from being required in order to pop things/get loot until they can fix the system. Wow, real difficult!
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-02 21:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Or, just make dust tradeable to rifts directly for stones.

Not ideal, but reasonable.

I've always thought stone stock was baaed on a timestamp since lowering restock time automatically increases current stock. SE isn't deliberately that nice.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-02 21:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah there's so many solutions but they'd rather go "nah we can't do that"
By Pantafernando 2016-11-04 16:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing Dual Campaigns: the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign and the Discount Campaign! (11/04/2016)

In celebration, we're holding two campaigns simultaneously?the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign and the Discount Campaign?so that you can enjoy the world of Vana'diel together with many of your adventurer compatriots!

Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign

Friday, November 11, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Monday, November 21 at the same hour.

Read on for details.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html

Discount Campaign

Friday, November 11, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Monday, November 21 at the same hour.

Read on for details.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/discount/index.html
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-04 16:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

$9 for world transfers!!!!
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-11-04 19:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome To Asura. :D
By Calinari 2016-11-04 19:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't jumping with the purpose of already joining a shell, I wouldn't bother.

Mercs here WAY overcharge. The retard spam is over9000. The "top shells" are way behind the Odin/Rag/etc Servers.

There's more people but yeah. The grass is -not- greener.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-04 19:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »
If you aren't jumping with the purpose of already joining a shell, I wouldn't bother.

Mercs here WAY overcharge. The retard spam is over9000. The "top shells" are way behind the Odin/Rag/etc Servers.

It's the official reddit(and facebook) server. That should be all you need to know.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-04 21:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So many shells, one can always find work to do :D

Dont buy stuff if the price is to high, mercs will only sell stuff for what people are willing to pay (supply demand).

it is greener :D if green = more people and higher PUG activity.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-04 22:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »

So many shells, one can always find work to do :D

Dont buy stuff if the price is to high, mercs will only sell stuff for what people are willing to pay (supply demand).

it is greener :D if green = more people and higher PUG activity.
Why would you want to pug?
By Pantafernando 2016-11-08 02:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the I Dream of Mog Bonanza 2017! (11/08/2016)

In appreciation for your dedication to FINAL FANTASY XI, we are pleased to announce the I Dream of Mog Bonanza 2017, a bonanza where all your wishes can come true!

In addition to prizes that you've come to know and love, we'll also be mixing in some new surprises, including items that are going to be released in future version updates!

Read on for details.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/index.html

* Bonanza marbles are scheduled to go on sale from Friday, November 11, 2016 to Thursday, December 15.
* Only characters for which 32 days or more have passed since creation are eligible to purchase marbles.
* All prizes available in the Mog Bonanza are in-game items or gil, and have no value outside the game.
* The list of items available in exchange for certain coupons will be added at a later date.
By Calinari 2016-11-08 03:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh God. Rank TWO Kupo Shields. Goodbye crafts, hello shitstorm v2.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-11-08 03:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh God. Rank TWO Kupo Shields. Goodbye crafts, hello shitstorm v2.
It was rank 2 in the last bonanza as well.

The one thing I would ask, have they just been lazy and copy-pasted the Mythic weapon rewards? Surely you don't get 60 riftdross for a cinder weapon.
By Calinari 2016-11-08 03:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I had quit during the previous one, didn't know it was rank 2 back then. Well for sure a LOT more marbles will sell this time after all the backlash from the first time.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-11-08 03:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They already killed alchemy on my server, I'm already dead inside.

EDIT: Although the alchemy market seems to have dried up, I suspect a kupo shield winner was sending mules around servers to capitalise on the ones without a kupo shield alchemist. Looks like whoever it was got done with his Cerberus mission and moved on.

Thank ***.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-08 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Items that are to be implemented in the future eh...
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-11-08 11:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Items that are to be implemented in the future eh...
Very intriguing indeed. Rank 2 kupons A-119 and I-119 and Rank 3 AW-119. A means armors, AW armors/weapons and I items. Probably rewards from the new content they promissed some time ago.

Or maybe the I-119 kupon can be traded for something to upgrade a 119 RME to 119-3 without needing 10k stones.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-11-09 02:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper x FINAL FANTASY XI Collaboration Campaign (11/09/2016)

In celebration of XI Day, FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper will be holding a collaborative campaign.

In FINAL FANTASY XI, the music playing during the Rank 5 mission battlefield will be changed to an FFRK-themed version of Awakening during the event. Clearing the battlefield during this time will reward players with a sheet of Shadow Lord tunes, enabling them to listen to the song at any time on their orchestrion.
Read on for information about FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

Event Period
Friday, November 11 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Monday, November 21 at 6:59 a.m.
By Draylo 2016-11-09 02:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ew you gotta reset missions to do it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2016-11-09 03:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

I think we just need to go to the gate house guard and set it cause far as i know theres no way to reset missions.
By Wordspoken 2016-11-09 04:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Gencay said: »

I think we just need to go to the gate house guard and set it cause far as i know theres no way to reset missions.
I think they mean the high-tier battlefield?
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2016-11-09 12:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Gencay said: »

I think they mean the high-tier battlefield?

Well will know which in 2 days lol
By Zubis 2016-11-09 20:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we getting a new zone?

First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 201 202 203