Rapparee Harness or SH+1
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Volition
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-08-20 11:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an honest question here. Is it better to use a rapparee harness while TPing or a SH+1? Perhaps use the SH+1 only for DE? I'm unsure because I'm being told multiple things by different people. Anyone have any suggestions?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-20 11:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'd prefer the Haste, since when I used Thf I generally always had Sushi.
 Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-08-20 11:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on what you're fighting. The Rapparee Harness is good for T and VT mobs, while the SH+1 is good for IT mobs. It also depends on how much accuracy you're getting from other sources. As long as you're hitting more than about 80% of the time, you might be better off with the Rapparee.

On a semi-related note, if you have enough accuracy to be using the Rapparee, consider using a different piece of gear for weaponskills. At level 60, the Black Cotehardie or its HQ is a good weaponskill body.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-20 11:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, i would put it down to how much other haste you have in your set up, if u got a good amount then i would use Rap, also whichever food you use like Hase said.

Can't hurt to bring both along and if u cant hit the mob just put on your SH+1, by all means, im no expert but thats what i would look into.
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 11:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The only real answer is: ***is situational, if you are fighting low evasion mobs then Raparee wins out, if you are fighting mamool lurkers for example your haste is going to do a whole lot of squat.

Test what your accuracy is on various mobs until you have a fairly good idea of what you are capable of in regards gear/food combinations.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-20 11:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you hits actually can connect while wearing the Rap then use that. Otherwise the SH for the obvious accuracy bonus.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 11:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rap for TP, SH+1 for DE til 71, then Antares.

Unless you're fighting a VERY evasive mob, you can get Accuracy gear in slots that you can't put Haste in. (Rings, Earrings, etc.)
 Phoenix.Astronym
Server: Phoenix
user: astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-20 11:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

depends on your accuracy and food. Acc +12 is a nice boost if you are whiffing, however if you can get your accuracy up to 80-90% then the rapparee harness is going to give you more tp, and more dot.

start fighting, and see how your accuracy is, from there decide what food you would like to use and which body piece is going to compliment that food the most.

also, haste gets better the more you have. so things like swift belt, bravos, dusk, homam, etc is going to help rapp harness outshine sh +1.

what level is your thief? for de, at lower levels, you want the acc so i would use SH +1 as a body piece for ws IF you are missing some of the swings on de. if not, go for a piece that gives stat mods and atk. i dont really remember whats available at lower levels.
[+]
 Remora.Narrubia
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-08-20 12:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Astronym said:
what level is your thief?

60, at least it was yesterday.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-08-20 12:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You know it REALLY depends on how much other haste gear you have. If RH is your only haste piece, you won't miss the 4%. The +12 accuracy is just amazing and more valuable then 4% haste. But RH + bravo's + swift belt you'll wanna stick with RH for tp. This is assuming your 57 THF
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 12:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Rap for TP, SH+1 for DE til 71, then Antares.

Unless you're fighting a VERY evasive mob, you can get Accuracy gear in slots that you can't put Haste in. (Rings, Earrings, etc.)

Antares is great, but also expensive as hell last time I checked. If gil is a concern, take a look at the Dragon Harness to WS in once you get higher lvl. Of course you'll be missing out on 2 Dex and 10 Acc I think, but it's a decent alternative nonetheless imo if you have Acc in other gear pieces.

/ontopic Rap is good if you have Haste stacked, otherwise you won't miss the Haste that it offers. If you don't have haste stacked and have an SH+1, I'd stick with it personally. If you have both and have Haste stacked, then TP in Rap on anything T and below and TP in SH+1 on VT and IT+ mobs. You might get away with Rap on VT and IT mobs, it just depends on what your ACC is.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 12:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Antares is only 4mil on Fairy. >.> I dunno what it is on Carby.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 12:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

3.? mil on Carby. Still, the majority of the player base isn't going to be able to cough up 3 mil like it's nothing unfortunately. The Dragon Harness is a decent alternative at a fraction of the price (~100kish).
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-20 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

Only?
Rich ***.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 12:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Tbest said:

Only?
Rich ***.

lol
 Phoenix.Astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-20 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

the problem with one handers is its hard for us to hit the 90% accuracy mark, at 60 you should be fighting birdies in wajoam for a while until you get to crawlers in aydeewa or on the fire mountain with steel shells. and fish. for birds, if your not getting your food eaten, i would go with a sushi haste setup. at 60, you can get 10% haste from swift belt, bravos, and rapparee harness. thats a nice bit of haste at that level. if you dont have the acc plus from sushi, go with the SH +1 and cheap meat food. the key is to keep the accuracy up and either : swing fast and increase your dot, or swing slower but hit harder with the att plus food. since meat is cheap and you can spam it, the sh +1 would be an option. if you want to spam sole sushi, then go for the rap harness/bravos/swift.

on tougher mobs like steel shells and crawlers, haste will make you swing faster but if you hitting for like... 5 dmg then its meh. marinara pizza is a medium between accuracy and atk that would benefit you both ways. or you can go with a haste/sushi setup and ws spam. just watch out for cocoon cause it will destroy your numbers for ws's. or you could go for an acc/meat setup. which means you will be swinging slower but you will be hitting harder. its all up to you.

crabs you almost have to get some atk + cause of their high defense. marinara pizza, kabobs, sis kebabi, they all work for atk +, and i would go with the sh +1 to keep your accuracy up. or you can, again, go haste/sushi setup but your dot will be minimal. but you will be spamming ws's so it may balance out. its up to you.

birds have a piercing bonus so your ws's will do nice dmg. i think at 60 i was doing 1k de's on birds. AND remember you get assassin at 60 so your ta's will always hit, so if you have a pld or ninja who you can ta then by all means do so and save your food. and it will help to keep hate on the tank so everyone else can eat food and kick butt.

all i got fo rnow.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 12:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit off topic, but get used to CBing. For some reason, and from what I've heard it wasn't only me, but 60-65+ it was almost impossible to find a party as Thief. Idk if it's the same way on your server or even if it's still like that now, but it sucked lfp back then, though level sync may help alleviate that some now. I personally CB'ed Thief from ~67ish to 75 with my flag up. /cry
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't compare the two w/o knowing how much haste you have OP. If you can provide me w/ that, I will gladly do a comparison for you.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-20 14:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As Vegetto says it is purely dependent on your haste and accuracy before equiping a body piece.
 Asura.Volition
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-08-20 14:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I am level 61. PCA, swift belt, bravo subligar, snipers, bounding boots, walkure mask/emp hairpin, darksteel kukri+1/hornetneedle, amemet+1 etc. I can eat whatever food i need to. hth
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 14:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Volition said:
I am level 61. PCA, swift belt, bravo subligar, snipers, bounding boots, walkure mask/emp hairpin, darksteel kukri+1/hornetneedle, amemet+1 etc. I can eat whatever food i need to. hth

I'd say go with the Rap Harness then unless you're Acc starts to suck, then try food or switching to SH.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Swift Bravo = 6 haste, 4 from raparee puts you to 10 total.

Base increase

4/100-10 = 4.44% increase

Add haste
4/100-25 = 5.33

Add march

4/100-36 = 6.25

Add March
4/100-45 = 7.27% increase

Assuming you get the full benefit of SH+1, 12 acc is 6% hitrate

The lowest acc you can have to get full benefit is 89%

6/89 = 6.74% increase.

Use SH+1. Even w/ double march, I don't think brd at your lv has the skill to get the maximum value of haste, which is what I used in my calculation.

If you are sure your acc is capped, go w/ raparee.
[+]
 Phoenix.Astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-20 14:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

and keep in mind that each mob will be different. which is why its so hard to answer the blanket questions like this. especially at lower levels where you change mobs every few levels.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 14:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Astronym said:
and keep in mind that each mob will be different. which is why its so hard to answer the blanket questions like this. especially at lower levels where you change mobs every few levels.

Exactly. You're Acc is going to be affected somewhat by w/e mob you're fighting's Agi. For example (common sense I know, but thought I'd throw it out there), if you're fighting an IT Thf mob your melee Acc will probably parse lower than if you were fighting say an IT Blm mob.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Direct parse is your friend. Divides up each of the mobs and gives you your results on each individual mob in the summary Best way to do it is to know where your acc is for each individual mob and choose which body to go from there and macro accordingly.
[+]
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-08-20 14:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Tbest said:

Only?
Rich ***.

Agree.....

On thread...Both, situational, also if you want Accuracy and no spend much money (only time) try get the Cobra Harness
 Phoenix.Astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-20 15:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i make my macros so that i have an accuracy one and a haste one. i click the acc, then the haste if i want to haste it out. but if my acc sucks, all i have to do is click back on the accuracy one to throw on about 20 more accuracy for that particular mob. on mamools the lurkers and infiltrators can be highly evasive, and if feint is down i will go all out acc on these mobs. keep your macros situational and you will do fine.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 15:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Astronym said:
i make my macros so that i have an accuracy one and a haste one. i click the acc, then the haste if i want to haste it out. but if my acc sucks, all i have to do is click back on the accuracy one to throw on about 20 more accuracy for that particular mob. on mamools the lurkers and infiltrators can be highly evasive, and if feint is down i will go all out acc on these mobs. keep your macros situational and you will do fine.

No one has mentioned it so far, but if you don't already have an O.Hat, try to get one. It can also help out if you're missing a lot on mobs once you hit 70+.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2009-08-20 15:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

At lv57 is not really worth equiping for haste. W/E haste you get increasing acc or att will do better. You will not always get the haste spell and/or march so it decreases the potency of haste on equipment even more.

Keep the SH man. And if you got the money for a +1 its well worth it for a meat build. Only a handful of other bodies can replace it: homam, mirke, enkidu at 75 and there is antares at 71 with a not so good cost benefit. And even then, you might consider keeping it for a eva build (not with antares though hehe).

Astronym also talked about pizza. Yeah, thats the food to eat if you are not fighting colibris. Heck, considering you might do TA with all your WSs i would try eating pizza on them as well.

When exping increasing acc and att is usually better than haste. The reason for that is because we usually fight mobs high above our own levels(Imp at 65 = /panic). Increasing these stats are better then. Even if you are burning lesser colibri at 60, equiping for haste wont do as well as equiping the SH because with SH you could be eating meat.

Here is a sample. I've been leveling nin and with blade madrigal + marinara pizza + acc goodies (SH, PCA, Life Belt and other stuff) i got 85% acc on a recent parse at puks in wajoam synced to 60.

edit: ok saw your newest post.

Use SH and only wear swift belt and bravo's subligar if you are receiving haste spell constantly. Otherwise stick with life belt and republic subligar.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-08-20 15:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your mob and gear. Like everything in this game. Your hitting accurately? Use Rap. Missing? Use SH. An yea Ohat is an option once you hit 70. At the very least its an excellent Solo head piece acc/eva/racc+10? can't go wrong.
First Page 2 3