Samurai Gear (Tired Of The Questions Yet?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Gear (Tired of the questions yet?)
Samurai Gear (Tired of the questions yet?)
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 13:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I did. lol I had Nin at 61 at the time along with Whm at 70 (Go go Dual-Wield DD Whm?). My Mnk was 43 and my Sam was like... 20. So, didn't think I'd need the Str and GK Skill. >.> Obviously I was wrong. XD
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 13:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Zatoichina said:
Why are people mentioning shura +1 when there are two helms that are better, moogle is free and la vaule is easy to farm.

STR 6 and WS acc +15 is rediculous though if you can get the moogle hat, and its free!

4 str 2% ws dmg is superior

As for OP,

Weapon: check
Ammo: Tiphia TP, Satchet ws
Head: Fine
Neck: Fine for TP, get gorget for ws (Om'Yovra are 100% drop, I trio mnk brd rdm, don't see why sam shouldn't be able to fill in for mnk)
Ears: Fine
Body: Osode for WS
Hands: hachi hands
Rings: Fine (except the obvious eventual upgrade to a str+5 ring)
Back: Forager for capped acc, Cuchulain for uncapped acc. Sam's DoT/WS ratio is about 30/70 so even at 92% hitrate for example (cap is 95) you benefit more from cuch than forager/cerb+1/ect because the extra tp you get will result in more ws, which is the largest portion of your dmg.
Waist: Fine
Legs: Fine
Feet: Fuma TP Rutters WS
The reason why I prefer hachi hands to dusk is because w/ hachi hands you have enough stp not to need to keep them on for ws (hachi shoes you have to keep them on for ws), w/ hachi hands u have enough stp in your build to ues alkies AND rutters for more str on ws than having to keep on hachi shoes. Also, don't run slower.

Edit:

"Yeah, for head TP @ 75 I'd say:

Ace's > Askar > Walahra > Hissho Hachimaki > Optical Hat."

Turban is better than askar.
 Bahamut.Raelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-08-20 13:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Zatoichina said:
+1 STR makes all the difference when your gear is at a stage that is difficult to improve, you are welcome to check my gear sets and tell me where i am going wrong though, all imput is welcome and you seem like a pro!

Night^^

You missed my point. Sure a +6 STR head piece is nice, but claiming the +WSAcc is a good thing or a bonus is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in a sense. Either you're using Y/G/K and that extra stat is worthless, or you're actually using a multihit and you'd be better off with the other +10 acc to swap in +10 STR and +10-14 Attack or more elsewhere.

Its a waste of a piece for +1 STR when your other jobs could certainly benefit more.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 13:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Tbest said:
Yeah, for head TP @ 75 I'd say:

Ace's > Askar > Walahra > Hissho Hachimaki > Optical Hat.

This would be correct, but Saotome Kabuto > Optical hat :P, Has Def! lol

And it looks cooler ;o
Forgot about the AF2. >.> So... I'd put the AF2+1 ahead of Hissho and the NQ AF2 ahead of Optical. :P
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-08-20 13:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost irrelevant since you should have a Turban long before AF2/+1, unless you're Dynamis'ing on other jobs or below 75.
 Asura.Zatoichina
Server: Asura
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 13:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Raelia said:
Zatoichina said:
+1 STR makes all the difference when your gear is at a stage that is difficult to improve, you are welcome to check my gear sets and tell me where i am going wrong though, all imput is welcome and you seem like a pro!

Night^^

You missed my point. Sure a +6 STR head piece is nice, but claiming the +WSAcc is a good thing or a bonus is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in a sense. Either you're using Y/G/K and that extra stat is worthless, or you're actually using a multihit and you'd be better off with the other +10 acc to swap in +10 STR and +10-14 Attack or more elsewhere.

Its a waste of a piece for +1 STR when your other jobs could certainly benefit more.

Or, and this is just a wild guess, you /have/ to take the WS acc for the +6 STR helm and i was pointing out that it is hardly a negative factor on a free Shura+1.

The OP asked for SAM gear sets, not SAM gear sets that can avoid clashing with his MNK.

Also at OP Merman's earring is a good upgrade if you do not need the acc from Fowling, which if you merit with BRD/COR or BRDx2 you really shouldn't if you dont want to go for Bushi.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 13:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Raelia said:
Almost irrelevant since you should have a Turban long before AF2/+1, unless you're Dynamis'ing on other jobs or below 75.
May not be able to get the Walahra if the NPC's captured. But, I 'do' have the Walahra, so that's a moot point.

Zatoichina said:
Or, and this is just a wild guess, you /have/ to take the WS acc for the +6 STR helm and i was pointing out that it is hardly a negative factor on a free Shura+1.

The OP asked for SAM gear sets, not SAM gear sets that can avoid clashing with his MNK.

Also at OP Merman's earring is a good upgrade if you do not need the acc from Fowling, which if you merit with BRD/COR or BRDx2 you really shouldn't if you dont want to go for Bushi.
While I didn't say to avoid clashing with my Monk, I 'did' ask to avoid the "Usukane, Wyvern +1, and MKD headpiece".

Also, I 'do' want to get the Bushi. I just haven't had a chance to yet.

Keep all the good advice coming! I'm seeing a TON that I've forgotten about.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-20 13:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, No one mentioned Iota Ring > Blood ; ;, It IS free lol, and i love mine,

This is imo what u can aim for for TP WS

Elvaan 92% Acc w/o hasso, so I went w/ Forager(assuming you have 8/8 Gkt)

Sam TP

WS-

Sam WS

and hey someone else does Fuma Hachi hands! lol

Ya AF2+1 head > Op hat :O

Edit**

Basically what Vegetto said lol,

Askar only beats turban in some situations where u need the Dex and STR for a new fStr tier ya? Even then idk
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-08-20 13:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Zatoichina said:

Its not a negative, but its horribly, disgustingly irrelevant, like the VIT or lack of -Evasion on a Nuevo Coselete Haub Clone.

The real problem: Its damn near misinformation, whether he's career SAM or has other jobs. The +WSAcc is not a factor if you're making a Y/G/K piece of it. It is just a +6 STR helm, and Gnadbhod's has that covered just fine.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-20 13:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm the only one who made items sets so i win >_> ;p

Edit**

Also on my set u MAY be able to WS in Rutter, Idk, sTP in TP phase is +13, and WS phase is +11 so u my need the +5, can also just use Rutter + AF+1 legs, since acc doesnt honestly matter, which would cover enough sTP.
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Raelia said:
Zatoichina said:

Its not a negative, but its horribly, disgustingly irrelevant, like the VIT or lack of -Evasion on a Nuevo Coselete Haub Clone.

The real problem: Its damn near misinformation, whether he's career SAM or has other jobs. The +WSAcc is not a factor if you're making a Y/G/K piece of it. It is just a +6 STR helm, and Gnadbhod's has that covered just fine.

Gnabhod's is not even comparible, the drop rate is faaaaaaaaaaaaaail as i have seen and it is a damn site harder to get than a few shitty quests, however it is all irrelivent when the OP wants to gear his monk over his sam anyway, but good advice to others!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 13:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Oh, No one mentioned Iota Ring > Blood ; ;, It IS free lol, and i love mine,

This is imo what u can aim for for TP WS

Elvaan 92% Acc w/o hasso, so I went w/ Forager(assuming you have 8/8 Gkt)

Sam TP

WS-

Sam WS

and hey someone else does Fuma Hachi hands! lol

Ya AF2+1 head > Op hat :O

Edit**

Basically what Vegetto said lol,

Askar only beats turban in some situations where u need the Dex and STR for a new fStr tier ya? Even then idk

There ARE situations where askar > turban, but that being said, those are only in situations where you'd be doing better w/ turban and either diff buffs or food. Acc uncapped, use pizza+1. Min/march? Only should be getting min if 2 bards, double march is superior. Double march and good acc are going to be the top priorities. As far as the fstr goes, hagun is 75 DMG 1 fstr will add 1 dmg. 1/75 = 1.3% increase (will be less unless your fstr was 0 to start w/). Sam is about 30/70 on DoT/WS. TP'ing in str will only help your DoT, will do nothing for your ws, so have to multiply it by the 30% since thats all it affects

1.3 x .3 = .39% increase in damage.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 13:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... It's not that I'd want to gear my Mnk over my Samurai. It's the fact that I can get the same amount of Str and only 7 less acc on Shura +1.
 Carbuncle.Dronzer
Server: Carbuncle
user: Dronzer
By Carbuncle.Dronzer 2009-08-20 14:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As the very first person who replied to this thread, everyone has an opinion, and everyone is entitled to it. In my personal experiences, this is what I've found I like on my SAM:

Weapon: Aside from Amano, you're dead right on using Hagun.. don't go for this Rindomaru fad. There's a reason Hagun is still so expensive.

Sub(grip): If you wish to use a Pole Grip, there's nothing wrong with a little added DA, Axe Grip is also nice to WS in with the STR+3

Ammo/Ranged: Since you mentioned it, and no one else has, I would TP in Smart Grenade (Sell the Sting if you have one... 2 acc isn't -great- for 1 slot), and WS in Olibanum.. aside from Ifrit's Bow, its going to be the best STR upgrade you have.

Head: TP - W Turban works fine, I used it for the haste until I got my Usukane Somen. Ace's Helm if you can. If you need acc for a situation, swap in your Ohat. WS - MKD Helm is something you can choose... I wouldn't. I go with Shura, if you wanna craft a Shura +1, go for it, but either definitely beats out Wyvern Helm.

Neck: Justice Torque would be awesome... but not everyone has luck and time for Sea. Your Chiv Chain is more than decent to TP in, so you're fine there. WS - Get yourself a Snow Gorget, you would never regret it... Modifiers for Yuki and Gekko, use your Flame for Kasha.

Earrings: Like you plan to, get yourself a Bushi if you can, considering your other 75's don't really benefit from DM Earrings. Brutal is pure win, no matter what.

Body: You're golden with Hauby +1 for TP. Definitely use Osode for WS, its the better piece.

Hands: I hate dusk, and I will always hate dusk.. If you want haste, spend the time getting Askar Manopolas, Usukane Gote are also good for TPing in. If you want the swap for Store TP, Hachiman Kote are probably a good thing to do it with. For WS, Alky Bracelets are more than fine there.

Rings: Good for you for getting Rajas, can't go wrong there, ever, for Samurai. I would stick with Blood Ring for TP, and get Flame Ring for WS, or Augment that STR ring and hope for more STR+

Back: Here's where everyone will chew you out lol. Foragers is fine.. for TP, but if you already have an Amemet +1, why switch? Honestly, its not going to make barely any difference, except how it looks. As for WS... more STR, the better.. get yourself a Smilodon Mantle +1 and test it out, if it works better for you, keep it, its cheap to do testing on. Cerb Mantle+1 is probably the best WS and TP piece you can get for SAM though.. If you can get it.

Waist: Swift is perfect for TP, the -attack is not that bad, and hey, haste and acc. for WS, continue to use Warwolf belt, its the best you're gonna find.

Legs: Byakko's for TP, no question, never will be. As for WS, Myochin +1 or Shura Haidate are going to be good, Shura over Myochin, simply for the acc. I would still take Shura over Usu as well, unless you have capped acc, or are /THF. Hachiryu is a SAM's dream WS piece, get it if you can.

Feet: If you're going to do the swap with your hands, Fuma's or Sarutobi fit the bill as replacements, Usukane Sune-ate are the epitome of SAM/MNK/NIN/PUP TP feet, make them your #1 goal if you do Salvage. As for WS, I don't know why no one has mentioned them yet, but get yourself a pair of Rutter Sabatons. Most STR you can get, and a little attack+ as well.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Well... It's not that I'd want to gear my Mnk over my Samurai. It's the fact that I can get the same amount of Str and only 7 less acc on Shura +1.

Well its not about the str rly, since 4 str 2% ws dmg is better than 6 str.
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 14:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

You are right ^^ However i didn't really read the no kupo head and i know from experience how hard it is to HQ shura+1 head so was offering a cheap and equally good alternative, i wish you luck on your crafting, hope you have more success than i :p

Shitty missions for me is a great deal for me after so much wasted time on shura xD
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know where to begin w/ this one

"Ammo/Ranged: Since you mentioned it, and no one else has, I would TP in Smart Grenade (Sell the Sting if you have one... 2 acc isn't -great- for 1 slot), and WS in Olibanum.. aside from Ifrit's Bow, its going to be the best STR upgrade you have."

Again, DoT/WS split is 30/70. Attack will only help your DoT, acc will help DoT and WS (because you land more hits and perform more ws over time).

You're looking at 2 acc that helps 100% of your dmg vs 2 attack that helps 30% of your damage. (Btw 2 acc beats 2 attack even if the attack were to help 100% of the damage as well).

"Head: TP - W Turban works fine, I used it for the haste until I got my Usukane Somen. If you need acc for a situation, swap in your Ohat. WS - MKD Helm is something you can choose... I wouldn't. I go with Shura, if you wanna craft a Shura +1, go for it, but either definitely beats out Wyvern Helm."

Usu head BARELY beats out turban for mnk. Sam will have more haste thanks to hasso. Haste is cumulative. For Usu to win, your acc would have to be so low, that you should be eating a different food for it to be better.

"Neck: Justice Torque would be awesome... but not everyone has luck and time for Sea. Your Chiv Chain is more than decent to TP in, so you're fine there. WS - Get yourself a Snow Gorget, you would never regret it... Modifiers for Yuki and Gekko, use your Flame for Kasha."

Op has PCC >.> did you overlook that or were you honestly suggesting chiv over pcc?

"Hands: I hate dusk, and I will always hate dusk.. If you want haste, spend the time getting Askar Manopolas, Usukane Gote are also good for TPing in. If you want the swap for Store TP, Hachiman Kote are probably a good thing to do it with. For WS, Alky Bracelets are more than fine there."

Usu hands only good w/ full set for sam. Again, if your acc is low enough for 3% haste to be beaten by 10 acc, you should be using pizza, not meat. As for askar hands, its a wash, but Dusk generally win w/ double march and hasso, if you're riding seigan though I can see them beating dusk, but as I suggested earlier, he's better off w/ hachi hands and haste feet.

"Back: Here's where everyone will chew you out lol. Foragers is fine.. for TP, but if you already have an Amemet +1, why switch? Honestly, its not going to make barely any difference, except how it looks. As for WS... more STR, the better.. get yourself a Smilodon Mantle +1 and test it out, if it works better for you, keep it, its cheap to do testing on. Cerb Mantle+1 is probably the best WS and TP piece you can get for SAM though.. If you can get it."

I agree w/ you here. 1 str is not much of an upgrade. It should be one of the last pieces you upgrade to seeing as the cost/benefit is low. As for cerb+1 being the best, cuch is generally better, unless your acc is capped. Again anything from cerb+1 only affects the 30% portion of your damage, while cuch will affect 100% of your damage. In an ideal setting, both would make the perfect set, using each as needed.

"Legs: Byakko's for TP, no question, never will be. As for WS, Myochin +1 or Shura Haidate are going to be good, Shura over Myochin, simply for the acc. I would still take Shura over Usu as well, unless you have capped acc, or are /THF. Hachiryu is a SAM's dream WS piece, get it if you can."

1hit ws' get a huge acc boost. There is no reason to use nq shura over usu for Y/G/K

"Feet: If you're going to do the swap with your hands, Fuma's or Sarutobi fit the bill as replacements, Usukane Sune-ate are the epitome of SAM/MNK/NIN/PUP TP feet, make them your #1 goal if you do Salvage. As for WS, I don't know why no one has mentioned them yet, but get yourself a pair of Rutter Sabatons. Most STR you can get, and a little attack+ as well."

Rutters have been mentioned, you just failed to read all the posts.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 14:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehehe. Yeah... I need to HQ at least head and legs... And then probably body for Mnk too... /hurray for 1/100 HQ rates on 3 pieces... -.-
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Hehehe. Yeah... I need to HQ at least head and legs... And then probably body for Mnk too... /hurray for 1/100 HQ rates on 3 pieces... -.-

Hq are nice to have but keep in mind their improvement over NQ are not very high and they are very costly. As going from amemet+1 to forager, these are some of the later upgrades you should work on.

Especially hq togi, black tathlum would be a better buy. I'd also get a cuch mantle before getting hq head/legs.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 14:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Tbest said:

Hq are nice to have but keep in mind their improvement over NQ are not very high and they are very costly. As going from amemet+1 to forager, these are some of the later upgrades you should work on.

Especially hq togi, black tathlum would be a better buy. I'd also get a cuch mantle before getting hq head/legs.
Yeah, they're sure not the first things I'm working on. The Forager's is a cheap upgrade for 1 more Str. And I'll probably break down and upgrade my ring to +5 str anyway. Then I'll just sell it after/if I get my Ruby to add another 1 or more Str.

As for the Togi HQ for Mnk, that's sure on the list. I have yet to start trying to HQ any of the pieces yet. I need to look into the investments and such first for the recipes.

Also, as for the Black Tathlum.. I haven't seen any for sale recently unless you want to sell me yours, Vegetto. :P

Edit: Oh, and also with the HQ over NQ... I figure I 'might as well' get the HQ instead of NQ just for the fact that I need to uncurse it anyway and it'll last me a considerable amount of time, if not the rest of my days in FFXI.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My tahtlum isn't for sale xD. Also, before you shell 5-10m into a cursed togi-1, which job did you use your ACP body for? Mirke Wardecors 10 acc 10 attack is slightly better than togi+1

Edit:
"Edit: Oh, and also with the HQ over NQ... I figure I 'might as well' get the HQ instead of NQ just for the fact that I need to uncurse it anyway and it'll last me a considerable amount of time, if not the rest of my days in FFXI."

True, but Wyv helm and af+1 pants hold fine. 5 str each and upgrading will get u 1str each, so basically the same as if you had nq now. Mainly what I meant when I was speaking in terms of the upgrade.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 14:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
My tahtlum isn't for sale xD. Also, before you shell 5-10m into a cursed togi-1, which job did you use your ACP body for? Mirke Wardecors 10 acc 10 attack is slightly better than togi+1
I'm on ACP1, same with MDK. XD I got them.... But, haven't had time to do the missions yet.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Vegetto said:
I'm on ACP1, same with MDK. XD I got them.... But, haven't had time to do the missions yet.

I'm sure you'll be able to do AcP 1-end before you can farm 5-10m AND find a seller for cursed togi-1 >.>
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-20 14:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Listen to Vegetto, the boy knows his stuff.

Do the few small (but expensive) upgrade and short of Usu body and feet (or 5/5 Usu) you are about as complete as you can get on SAM.

Askar Hat is behind the Turban in all situations that matter. It should only be used as a poor WAR WS hat (before N.head)

Askar body does have its uses on less than VT mobs as you dont need the acc given by Hauby +1 and it allows you to escape any JSE gear (which is the ultimate goal for SAM). This means some nyzul and maybe early salvage floors (although SAM may not get body early on).
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:
Listen to Vegetto, the boy knows his stuff.

Do the few small (but expensive) upgrade and short of Usu body and feet (or 5/5 Usu) you are about as complete as you can get on SAM.

Askar Hat is behind the Turban in all situations that matter. It should only be used as a poor WAR WS hat (before N.head)

Askar body does have its uses on less than VT mobs as you dont need the acc given by Hauby +1 and it allows you to escape any JSE gear (which is the ultimate goal for SAM). This means some nyzul and maybe early salvage floors (although SAM may not get body early on).

This is pretty much correct.

And while we're mentioning usu body, if you can get one(and usu shoes), use it over haub+1, swap from pole strap to sword strap.
 Carbuncle.Dronzer
By Carbuncle.Dronzer 2009-08-20 14:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"Again, DoT/WS split is 30/70. Attack will only help your DoT, acc will help DoT and WS (because you land more hits and perform more ws over time)."

If you really, really need 2 acc to benefit you, then something's wrong with your whole setup to begin with.. I merely said what I did, assuming you shouldn't be having acc problems. Yes acc always will beat out att+ in my opinion as well, but I was going by my experiences, as I told you, and I am 8/8 on GKT.

"Usu head BARELY beats out turban for mnk. Sam will have more haste thanks to hasso. Haste is cumulative. For Usu to win, your acc would have to be so low, that you should be eating a different food for it to be better."

He is talking about his SAM, not his MNK, I didn't reply to post about MNK. You are contradicting yourself in your above comment, talking about how acc helps 100% of your attacks. Personally, I'd take 7 acc and 3% haste over just 5% haste.

"Op has PCC >.> did you overlook that or were you honestly suggesting chiv over pcc?"

Yes, I did actually overlook the fact he has PCC, I would never suggest Chiv Chain over PCC lol.

"Usu hands only good w/ full set for sam. Again, if your acc is low enough for 3% haste to be beaten by 10 acc, you should be using pizza, not meat. As for askar hands, its a wash, but Dusk generally win w/ double march and hasso, if you're riding seigan though I can see them beating dusk, but as I suggested earlier, he's better off w/ hachi hands and haste feet."

Only reason I mentioned Usukane Gote is if he were having an acc problem, which by the sounds of it, he should not. They are good with the full set though, I agree with you there. And I would still use Askar over Dusk, simply because I hate Dusk, which I mentioned. That's a personal choice. And I also agree with you on the STP hands/Haste Feet swap.

"As for cerb+1 being the best, cuch is generally better, unless your acc is capped."

Not everyone has 3mil to waste on an acc back piece (as that is their price on Carbuncle). If he did have enough to waste on a Cerb +1, he may as well get a Cuch instead, but I still think Cerb +1 would be the best if you were going to hit your WS's.

"1hit ws' get a huge acc boost. There is no reason to use nq shura over usu for Y/G/K "

There is if you don't do Salvage, or don't have Usu yet. Also.. acc problems is where Shura would come into play. Usu is still the best via /THF, aside from Hachiryu.

"Rutters have been mentioned, you just failed to read all the posts."

When I started writing the post, they had not been mentioned yet. Although I do sometimes have time to read, I'm not always free. Therefore in the time it took me to write the whole post, a whole slew of new posts popped up. Sorry for not being a troll.

Again, all suggestions are -opinions-. There's nothing wrong with what I said, simply because I was not posting a "Dream Setup" or an ideal set for either, just what I thought would work considering, no need to tear apart what other people suggest.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-20 14:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

"If you really, really need 2 acc to benefit you, then something's wrong with your whole setup to begin with.. I merely said what I did, assuming you shouldn't be having acc problems. Yes acc always will beat out att+ in my opinion as well, but I was going by my experiences, as I told you, and I am 8/8 on GKT."

I know you're not arguing 2 attack over 2 acc >.> I'll leave it at that and hope you don't reply to this portion of my post.

""Usu head BARELY beats out turban for mnk. Sam will have more haste thanks to hasso. Haste is cumulative. For Usu to win, your acc would have to be so low, that you should be eating a different food for it to be better."

He is talking about his SAM, not his MNK, I didn't reply to post about MNK. You are contradicting yourself in your above comment, talking about how acc helps 100% of your attacks. Personally, I'd take 7 acc and 3% haste over just 5% haste."

My point of this portion of my post was for sam. I'm saying usu head barely wins on mnk. Sam benefits MORE than mnk from turban, turban beats usu head in most cases (or all that actually matter). Also there is 0 contradiction. Acc does help all of your damage, but I guess you forgot the part where haste does too. W/ both acc and haste, you land more hits than you would have before, thus giving you more tp, and increasing your WS frequency. W/ the proper buffs and correct choice in food, you will get more attacks landed and more tp w/ turban over usu head.

""As for cerb+1 being the best, cuch is generally better, unless your acc is capped."

Not everyone has 3mil to waste on an acc back piece (as that is their price on Carbuncle). If he did have enough to waste on a Cerb +1, he may as well get a Cuch instead, but I still think Cerb +1 would be the best if you were going to hit your WS's."

Cuch is more of an overall improvement than Cerb+1. Cerb+1 is a 1 str increase to Forager w/ the same amount of attack. Cuch is 8 acc which can be very valuable. Haste and acc benefit all your damage while str and attack ect will be split up into your Tp and WS phase, cutting their increase to your total damage.

""1hit ws' get a huge acc boost. There is no reason to use nq shura over usu for Y/G/K "

There is if you don't do Salvage, or don't have Usu yet. Also.. acc problems is where Shura would come into play. Usu is still the best via /THF, aside from Hachiryu."

I'm unsure if English isn't your first language or if comprehension isn't your strong point.
A) Again, 1hit ws get HUGE acc bonuses. The 5 acc on shura should never be a factor. There was testing done on this, which you can replicate yourself if you don't believe me. Go to kuftal and use blind potions. Parse your melee acc, ws in the same gear. On this particular test, the person had under 50% melee acc and still had 95% ws acc on y/g/k.
B) When I said there is no reason to use Shura OVER Usu, this implies that it is when you have both. If you're using shura and don't have usu, you don't have a pair of usu legs to use shura over. You're just plain using shura.
 Carbuncle.Dronzer
By Carbuncle.Dronzer 2009-08-20 16:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch... personal attacks on a forum that's supposed to be helpful now? English is my first language, obviously, considering I actually have and use proper grammar. And I comprehend just fine.

There's no point in me picking out everything you say, and you doing the same to me, as it will just turn into a flame war, and really.. I have no time to waste with that. Your suggestions are good, and you have your opinions, and I have mine. Tbest can take what he wants from any post he wishes, and use what works best for him.

I hope what I have posted is worth something to someone, and that's all I really have left to say.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 16:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think anyone's mentioned this, but once you get high enough campaign rank, you can go for a rose strap/ecphoria/rajas tp build which would let you wear haste on your feet. A tradeoff of 2% DA and 1 acc for 3% haste is pretty decent.

And other people have mentioned it but get your snow gorget asap. That will probably do more for your overall dmg than any other single upgrade you could get.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 16:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

*Nods.* Thanks for the tips/pointers/opinions/etc. everyone. I have a good idea of what I want to get for each slot now. Most of it, I had an definite idea if not a vague one of what would be better in a given situation. I had, however, forgotten about a few pieces.