Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-05-03 17:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Is the main reason to thf here because of flee/movement speed? What other jobs do a good job here (for solo purposes). I have blu/sch/rdm/sam/thf/bst (although I haven't looked into the "ready" changes too much) and am currently gearing up blm. I also cart around a brd/whm box. My preference is usually blu.

The reasons to THF are:
* High Evasion, the Flutter mobs hit really hard (the twitherym less so). Saves time curing etc.
* Easy access to movement boots and Flee
* you chew through them really, not as fast as AoE jobs but still fast.

BST and BLU are probably the kings of Yorcia skirmish, as they are mob type agnostic, meaning they can kill elementals and butterflies both easily, and do many of them at a time with AoE. Gear makes a big impact on how well you can do that tho. Seen more than one BLU or BST just die a lot. THF can do it in sparks gear pretty much. A good BST or BLU can solo 3-3-3 if somone is on book.

If you're gonna buy runs, just shout that it's free. You'll usually get help and that can save you obsidian fragments/copper vouchers on my server too at least, shouts for it happen often. Get in now though because as of right now dusk stones just dropped another 100k in price, good if you're buying but bad if you're doing it to sell stones for money.
Thanks for the info. I am concerned about obsidian fragments, since it seemed like Josiah (in the video) was spending more than he earned. Is the only way to get these (outside of skirmish) to do the once daily RoE quest? How can I rack these up a bit?

Thanks again for the advice.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-03 18:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Old skirmish offers it as a reward from the Noetic Acension, as well as from regular kills. If you do Ra'Kaznar skirmish 1-1-1, you'll rack up some extra obsidian as well as get a few Eudaemon parts should you need those too. Probably one of the better ways to use up excess torso and leg I's.

Aside from the Limited-Time Challenge, the Daily Objective's Kill 30 dudes RoE nets a fair amount, as do a few one-time quests (available at every 50 RoE's completed). There are other one times with voucher rewards too, like Subjugation: Kirin.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-05-03 18:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Old skirmish offers it as a reward from the Noetic Acension, as well as from regular kills. If you do Ra'Kaznar skirmish 1-1-1, you'll rack up some extra obsidian as well as get a few Eudaemon parts should you need those too. Probably one of the better ways to use up excess torso and leg I's.

Aside from the Limited-Time Challenge, the Daily Objective's Kill 30 dudes RoE nets a fair amount, as do a few one-time quests (available at every 50 RoE's completed). There are other one times with voucher rewards too, like Subjugation: Kirin.
Thanks! I do actually have some old skirmish pieces lying around, so I will start there.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8