Dancing Salvage Bans.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dancing Salvage Bans.
Dancing Salvage Bans.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-12 17:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Zagato said: »
You purchased cheap Alex from people who had over 150 in their bazaar on a daily basis, your mythic is not legit. It doesn't matter how your Gil was obtained
???
[+]
 Siren.Zagato
Server: Siren
user: Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2015-02-12 17:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You purchased cheap Alex from people who had over 150 in their bazaar on a daily basis, your mythic is not legit. It doesn't matter how your Gil was obtained
???

Meaning that, if you purchased Alex from a person who used this exploit. Your mythic is not legit, not because of you doing the exploit directly; but because the Alex was obtained by "cheating".
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-12 17:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Oh for the hell of it, let's do this. Apologies 

Could have saved us this long post. You said nothing valuable in a few short paragraphs
By Goltana101 2015-02-12 17:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

???

Meaning that, if you purchased Alex from a person who used this exploit. Your mythic is not legit, not because of you doing the exploit directly; but because the Alex was obtained by "cheating".

Also, dumbest logic ever. The buyer likely is not aware of who is cheating. They are no Co conspirators in this act
[+]
By Davorin 2015-02-12 17:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you Starcade?
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-02-12 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is they missed a lot. I know of people copying floors for months, said people have had there original characters banned also for speed hacking and fish botting. Its enrages me they let this happen...
 Siren.Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2015-02-12 17:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Goltana101 said: »
???

Also, dumbest logic ever. The buyer likely is not aware of who is cheating. They are no Co conspirators in this act

I agree with the logic being stupid, but if you want to get overly technical it is true. (It doesn't take away the effort and hard work people put into their mythics)
 Siren.Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2015-02-12 17:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

Are you Starcade?

No.
 Siren.Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2015-02-12 17:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
The thing is they missed a lot. I know of people copying floors for months, said people have had there original characters banned also for speed hacking and fish botting. Its enrages me they let this happen...

Oh they missed plenty, half of Siren should be gone to be quite honest.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-12 18:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

overly technical
[+]
By lhova 2015-02-12 18:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

???

I play on xbox 360 and obviously can't use any cheats or 3PP but its not hard at all to farm 150 alexs a day. Lucky yes, but the average is like 130 alex per run anyway. Maybe you didn't mean 150 literally but just making a point.
By fillerbunny9 2015-02-12 18:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

he was referring to people who were using tools to respawn the boss floor over and over and over for Linens.
By Colossusx 2015-02-12 18:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »

Oh they missed plenty, half of Siren should be gone to be quite honest.
Not quite sure what you mean by "half" and there was a lot of toons
banned on Siren.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-02-12 18:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they didn't mean 150 literally. The number would be a lot higher - like 1500. Also, having a lot of alex still doesn't mean you're cheating to get it. I have 3 mules at 99 thanks to imprimaturs for extra salvages and I can't be the only one. :X
[+]
By Colossusx 2015-02-12 18:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea when i first started salvage i saved all alex because i wasn't sure what I wanted to make. At one point my mule had 21k alex on it.
By fillerbunny9 2015-02-12 19:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I saved mine in case I got sick of it and could no longer stand the grind. spent over an hour trading back and forth from my mule. =/
By Colossusx 2015-02-12 19:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yea I was just saying if I chose to sell mine, would that mean I cheated because i had a ton in Zar? Newp.
 Siren.Fanugu
By Siren.Fanugu 2015-02-12 20:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

With that kind of logic, if you buy anything from a pawn shop that means you stole it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2015-02-12 20:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Never understood why people get so butthurt with other people using hacks that didn't involve anyone else. #SalvageGate
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-12 21:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Neojuggernaut said: »
Never understood why people get so butthurt with other people using hacks that didn't involve anyone else. #SalvageGate

There is a legitimate adverse effect on people who don't use tools, being that massive amounts of gil get injected into the economy when large amounts of NPCable items are created like fishbotting and cruor/blinkers. However, most of the buttmad is from people who stand in town all day complaining that there's nothing to do. They don't earn gil to buy things or improve themselves or their characters and then complain that they can't clear content because... reasons.

I, personally, don't care much what other people use. Things like botting JP's doesn't matter to me because it can't be monetized outside of the 500K or so you get from NPCing sparks. When it comes to salvage exploits, all it does is drive down the cost of alex, and people who don't have deep pockets SHOULD love that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-02-12 22:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
all it does is drive down the cost of alex, and people who don't have deep pockets SHOULD love that.
If you're looking to make a mythic for your broke ***, sure. How about the people who dont have deep pockets who would be doing salvage for gil? Instead of selling that ~120 alex for 1.3 mil, it goes for 864k (11k vs 7.2k)
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-12 22:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
all it does is drive down the cost of alex, and people who don't have deep pockets SHOULD love that.
If you're looking to make a mythic for your broke ***, sure. How about the people who dont have deep pockets who would be doing salvage for gil? Instead of selling that ~120 alex for 1.3 mil, it goes for 864k (11k vs 7.2k)

If you depend on 11K alex to survive, you're doing it very wrong. I'm far from broke and ~2/3 of the way done with Alex, so I'm obviously not talking about myself.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-02-12 22:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they going back and banning people that were respawning mega-bosses last year or are people still dumb enough to be respawning floors after the first set of bans?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-02-12 22:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

If you depend on 11K alex to survive, you're doing it very wrong. I'm far from broke and ~2/3 of the way done with Alex, so I'm obviously not talking about myself.
You just commented on people who arent swimming in gil should be happy with flooded cheap alex, and you're already turning around saying "if you that broke, you suck, delete your character".
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-02-12 22:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Are they going back and banning people that were respawning mega-bosses last year or are people still dumb enough to be respawning floors after the first set of bans?

I think the mentality here was the first group only got a temp ban and when I get caught so will I. I avoided this like the plague because I'm still baffled by the logic from salvage bans 1.0.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-02-12 23:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Jass is trying to say that @7kish you still pull in more than enough gil to buy whatever you need. Salvage isn't the 100 minute timesink it used to be (unless you repoped gear floors). It isn't hard to save up for whatever you want to buy, especially if you start adding in dynamis/sparks/unity drops. Even for stuff like a Ifrit ring +1.. its 4 days of salavge/dynamis.
[+]
By divermike 2015-02-12 23:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I don't think it was right for them to ban people that had no prior offences. And some people keep getting caught over and over and only get 3 days .
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-02-12 23:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
I don't play anymore, but one of my friends still does. He was involved with the first wave of bans and he still has his account now. Though, to my understanding, they patched salvage II (this was discovered slightly before the bans hit). and the MB wouldn't respawn anymore.

After I quit, I heard the salvage I bosses could still be respawned from another friend. I'll check w/ him and see if he was banned. (not the same friend from the first paragraph who still has his account. He hasn't done the salvage I version)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-12 23:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I already weighed in but gonna restate that
Cerberus.Neojuggernaut said: »

There is a legitimate adverse effect on people who don't use tools, being that massive amounts of gil get injected into the economy when large amounts of NPCable items are created like fishbotting and cruor/blinkers. However, most of the buttmad is from people who stand in town all day complaining that there's nothing to do. They don't earn gil to buy things or improve themselves or their characters and then complain that they can't clear content because... reasons.

I, personally, don't care much what other people use. Things like botting JP's doesn't matter to me because it can't be monetized outside of the 500K or so you get from NPCing sparks. When it comes to salvage exploits, all it does is drive down the cost of alex, and people who don't have deep pockets SHOULD love that.

I already weighed but gonna restate that as an achievement in itself, it is cheapened by others basically obtaining it with little to no effort. I'm saying it cheapens the game. Somehow I get the reaction to that sentiment would just be some "lol it's dying/dead anyway" but people have been saying that what 6, 7 years now? Since release? Whatever it's an old and false idea.

Sure it might not seem to matter much most the time. But now you're the only kid on the block not botting somehow and everyone else is geared up with 2+ mythics because why not it's easy. And suddenly it seems like maybe it wasn't such a good idea to just type in the cheat codes.

I mean sure, you could do godmode in Doom 2 and beat the game easy. Some people super enjoyed that. I'm not one who did, I liked to put it on Nightmare mode just to see how far I could get because I felt it made me get better at the game and that those skills would translate to real life somewhere. At least the liking a good challenge did.

And say this continues and SE does precisely nothing. Everyone strutting around with 11+ mythics. You're new to the game wonder how everyone got it, and it's common knowledge at this point. You do it just to keep up with everyone else at this point it's a necessity. And then the people standing around in town with nothing left to do... would be people with all the mythics unlocked because they got them easy mode. Not that there isn't already those people.

And now? The game as it is now? There's people running around with RME's they wouldn't have otherwise. I'm sure there's people that made one that wouldn't have if the cheat didn't exist. So what about the flood of RME's? It definitely cheapens the game.

Whether or not you think that matters is your opinion but I don't think it can be argued that it doesn't. And personally, I do think it matters, in direct proportion to the amount of cheapening that goes on. You guys wouldn't care or want anything if it was just given as soon as you log in. I'm not saying you're advocating that but at some point, no one likes cheapening.

It is something that League of Legends feedback often realizes for example, they want things a certain degree of difficulty they want their champs balanced even if their OP, because they care more about the health of the game as a beautiful thing than like their own power level because it would just cheapen it, you know? The entire experience.

If what other people have has that big of an impact on how you feel about your own achievements I don't know what to tell you. Besides, JP's are a ridiculous goal to set for yourself as a legit achievement.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18