Puppetmasters! Help! Leveling New Frame 70+

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppetmasters! Help! Leveling new frame 70+
Puppetmasters! Help! Leveling new frame 70+
 Odin.Renly
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Renly 2015-02-10 22:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I think I screwed up. I got comfortable with my Sharpshot frame from levels 20-70. Now, when I pull out my Stormwaker, all he does is melee and weaponskill against mobs my level. How do I make it start casting spells? I can't find a guide that will answer this question.

(edit: I posted as wrong name, deleted, and it kept my original post... I'm new to these forums, obviously.)
 Odin.Esor
Server: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2015-02-10 23:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

if 99, have it solo enemies in abyssea, i reccomend using soulsoother also, i'm unsure if the afflictor trick in beadeaux still works but thats how many people leveld magic. (puppet constantly cursna's you)

with the correct atmas you can make rdm frame very durable in abyss and just spam voidsones and ice maneuvers.
By fillerbunny9 2015-02-11 06:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Stormwaker should cast spells automatically. generally speaking, however, you would want to put up Ice maneuvers for Elemental spells, Light maneuvers for Cures, Dark maneuvers for things like Bio, etc. which Head are you using?
By dustinfoley 2015-02-11 06:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Whats its casting skill, until a certain skill it will have no spells to cast.

2) If its skill is low and all it has is dia for example, it can only cast dia 1x per 12 sec with the stormwalker frame/head, and thats only if dia isnt up.

3) What attachments do you have, i might be wrong but i thought stuff like scanner will actually stop you from casting certain spells if the targets magic resist > your pets magic acc, and if your pets magic skill is low, it might be preventing it from casting certain elemental nukes on the target.

4) In general make sure its stormwalker body + head (or whm/blm head). Make sure your auto has mp (equipment -> auto or /echo <petmpp>), from there just deploy it on something low level, kill it, then deploy it again. Once your skill starts getting to the 50+ range and you have a bunch of spells to cast you can move past easy areas.
[+]
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2015-02-12 12:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i think your magic skill is low too as well. I did it the other way around leveling with my rdm frame and skillling the sharpshot frame afterwards.
By Elwynbelwyn 2015-02-19 05:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Your automaton won't cast magic on enemies that are too strong. Your choices are:

1) go fight lower-level enemies to get the magic skill up; I like to use the level 50-ish gobbies around Eastern Altepa OP as a bridge mob

2) use Soulsoother, ever since the upgrade a while back it casts on you a lot more