Solo CP Camps For PUP?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » solo CP camps for PUP?
solo CP camps for PUP?
By Mitruya 2015-02-02 08:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing Monstrosity for a while then took a break from the game. Now I'm trying to catch up on Job Points.
Are there good solo camps that PUPs really shine at, that don't tread on other parties?
What automaton do you recommend and which Trusts?
Thanks!
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-02 08:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Required for any pup post.
All jokes aside, they have made major improvements to pups recently. takes a bit to gear but some of the ja and auto adjustments were great. Dont take it lightly or stay out of parties.

(not saying pup is great, just not nearly as bad as it used to be)

Biv 5 in Morimar works decent for low impact solo, once you get geared up then something like sih gates in the area that has lots of bats and mites (not where the nm pop is but the other one) hard to maintain without good gear but very good cp.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 09:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Biv 5 in Morimar works decent for low impact solo
Use the Runic Portal to go inside of Moh, and fight Efts & Leeches. Probably will require some sushi or acc+ sets, but with ulmia/whm you'll be fine.
By Mitruya 2015-02-02 09:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, thanks for the fast responses. And yes the JA animation removal is great, along with Haste II from the RDM head.
I found a bat camp in Outer Razkaz (as I like to call it) but had to keep waiting on repops. Other spots have too much aggro but I haven't finished exploring yet.
Gearwise, I have Tinhaspa (which I need to upgrade, I'm guessing Path B) and a mix of +1 reforged AF/Relic. Also Divinator, JA cape, Hurch sash.
I recently moved from Valefor to Shiva so I don't know many people yet and just trying to get back into the groove.
 Phoenix.Craptaculous
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Craptaculous 2015-02-02 12:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I see you intend to not have to contend with parties for a CP camp so here's four in one zone:

With a good ACC set, and WS set, and either Sole Sushi or Shiromochi you might easily Doh Gates: can do Twitherym, Crabs-n-Pugils or Bats-n-Worms. Worst case: Efts, but AOE dispel gets old, quick.

Basically pick one of those, that both suits your ACC set, and is not taken.

If your /checkparam in your ACC set with food is >975, your good to go, since you'll get more from Trust buffs.

I use <enter WHM trust here>, Koru-Moru, and either a BRD or the ACC aura mithra (which these aura trusts actually nice because they do not take damage)

Set up the WHM automaton to co-heal, and you pretty much will never have to recall the WHM trust back out to replenish it's MP...unless you agro a lot or link a lot and they blow their MP load keeping you alive.

Now here's the catch though...I’m not sure on how effective a Tinhaspa PUP would do in that zone though. It's worth a shot I guess, or maybe get a Riverfin or Oceanfin soup? But then question is, do you want to spend that kind of gil on CP farm? Basically you need some serious base ACC and a really good WS set.

Kenkonken seals the deal with just sushi or shiromochi. I do rather decently in in that zone against those targets (obviously a PT is a lot faster, but if bored and nothing to do, and/or want merits for w/e, decent enough)

Good luck!
By Mitruya 2015-02-02 14:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.
I'm just a little shy being on a new server and kind of rusty on the job since I spent so much time in Monstrosity then quit the game for a month.
I play during NA daytime also so I guess I got used to quiet time that lets me derp around while surfing the net or something since not much goes on.
 Asura.Womwom
Server: Asura
user: Eilan
By Asura.Womwom 2015-02-02 14:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, when I'm in the mood for fast kills and not bothered by reives, I go into Outer Ra and chain bats. You can set RoE objective for it as well, and when a reive pops knock it out. RNG auto and wind maneuvers up if drum magazine attachment. I didn't choose the PUP life. Having KKK helps with AMs (any really.)
By fillerbunny9 2015-02-11 11:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're on Shiva, you may also want to look up the pet LS. I'm pretty sure it's still called Minions, and if you chat up Siviard inquire about events if you are so inclined. I am not sure what they get up to at this point, but starting out on a new server can be rough.
By Mitruya 2015-02-11 12:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. That's actually why I chose Shiva, it seemed like a pet-job friendly server. Unfortunately my playtime has been erratic so I haven't inquired into Minions yet.

Back to the topic, the last camp I tried was Dho Gates around the I-8 to J-9 area. I like the Leafdancer Twitherym but there's no RoE for them. I tried the Unyielding Tarichuk for Conflict: Dho Gates III but their hate bounces all around with my Trust and automaton.
By Chyula 2015-02-11 12:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

any delve 2.0 area camp with a lot of mob, rdm,whm,brd trust and turn on that bot go sleep then wake up cap cp. repeat every night for any dd job.
By Presidentmerman 2015-02-11 12:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't join Minions it's a trap!
By dustinfoley 2015-02-11 12:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
any delve 2.0 area camp with a lot of mob, rdm,whm,brd trust and turn on that bot go sleep then wake up cap cp. repeat every night for any dd job.

Great way to get a 3 day vacation + perma ban on second offense.
By Chyula 2015-02-11 12:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Chyula said: »

Great way to get a 3 day vacation + perma ban on second offense.

like who get banned from cp farming bot?, oh thats right no one *** care.
By dustinfoley 2015-02-11 13:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people just got banned for cp bot farming...
By Mitruya 2015-02-11 22:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha .... right. I play on Xbox.
Not that I would cheat anyway.
The solo grind does get boring though, which is why I'm looking for interesting places that maybe I haven't explored yet.
By Mitruya 2015-02-11 22:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Presidentmerman said: »
Don't join Minions it's a trap!

I totally have the Admiral Ackbar quote in my head now. ^_^
[+]