cancel the account on this site
First Page 2
 Remora.Skyslash
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: skyslash
By Remora.Skyslash 2009-08-18 08:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

my wife was hacked and a a friend think its from ffxiah site,cause to show my equips in the site we check a link that goes to a site where we put our id n password.
so, how to cancel the account os this site?
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-18 08:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyslash said:
my wife was hacked and a a friend think its from ffxiah site,cause to show my equips in the site we check a link that goes to a site where we put our id n password.
so, how to cancel the account os this site?

That's the linkshell community... She won't have been hacked from there.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-18 08:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it would be from this site. The website that you have to log in on is the SE run ffxi linkshell server. It's 100% legit. But to unregister, go to your member settings and click "edit chars". Then at the very bottom right, you will see a little box that says "Click to unlink this character." This effectively eliminates your character data. Again, I don't think it is from the SE linkshell server page. It's likely you got hit with a keylogger or something from another 3rd party website.
[+]
 Bahamut.Skyslash
Server: Bahamut
user: skyslash
By Bahamut.Skyslash 2009-08-18 08:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont know she got hacked but the only site she put the id was there
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 08:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Security Token
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 08:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody from this site or the LS community will use ur info to hack ur info. If anything there was a keylogger or backdoor or something that was used against u which has no affiliation with either of these sites. They are both good sites so i recommend getting the Security Token to prevent it from happening again.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-18 08:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuz said:
Security Token

Skyslash said:
i dont know she got hacked but the only site she put the id was there

Well, she got a keylogger or something. Because there is no way she got hacked for using the linkshell community.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 08:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

no offense but did she go to any rmt sites like brogame? if so then theres ur answer
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-18 09:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's true, but I heard Vana'diel atlas/bestiary aren't sage at the moment. They've had a history of being hacked and having keyloggers on them, as does somepage. I don't think Somepage has had any issues for quite a while, but if you're a vana'diel atlas user it could quite possibly be that.

Seriously though, get a security token, then you can freely tell everyone your login details and you'll still be 100% safe.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-18 09:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I never know what sites are infected since Opera filters and cleans it all before I see it. But I opened ffxiatlas in firefox and got a script warning... so, heads up on that one for now.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-18 09:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuz said:
Security Token
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-08-18 09:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone wants a security token, it costs extra monies. I personally think its a great idea +80 inventory is enough to justify it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-18 09:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:
Not everyone wants a security token, it costs extra monies. I personally think its a great idea +80 inventory is enough to justify it.

It costs less than one months subscription and ensures you are 99.999%* immune to being hacked...

*32.73% of statistics are made up on the spot.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-18 10:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, seriously. Skip two coffees at Starbucks and ya have it paid for. :P $10 for 50-80 spaces AND near-perfect immunity to hacking? If you value your character, you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you DON'T get it.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 10:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:

its $9.99... I can fart and more cash then that would come out my ***.

and if you want to keep saying "it cost extra monies"...
lets compare the value of:

$9.99 piece of plastic that makes sure posts like this NEVER happen again
VS.
COMPROMISING YOUR ENTIRE ACCOUNT

So stop being a gimp and drop the Shura Togi and Wear the damn HAUBY ON SAM!!!

oh...wait... wrong flame-thread.

Seriously, Token or GTFO.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-18 10:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:

If cost is your concern... Id quit ffxi and hope your still playing on whatever expansion you started on. Id also probably get rid of internet and start eating only ramen...
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-08-18 10:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a global recession ya'know :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-18 10:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Youll spend more going out to a resturaunt by yourself once. And not a good fancy one just random chain one...
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-08-18 10:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Switch to 1 ply toilet roll instead of 2 ply. works wonders.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-18 10:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm interesting... not sure thats where I wanna be saving money from though lol
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-18 10:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:
Switch to 1 ply toilet roll instead of 2 ply. works wonders.

Poking holes through your toilet paper works wonders? =O
 Valefor.Judda
Server: Valefor
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2009-08-18 10:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyslash, if your wife was hacked i seriously doubt it was because of this site, because use a legit site that is the ffxi community site, but she doesnt need to log in into a site to get hacked, sometimes if u just visit a site that has vorus/trojans it makes your pc download keyloggers etc, that records your pass when u log in to the game, u just need to pay attention on your antivirus and firewall. BTW call SE i hope your wife gets her account back soon n_n/

Oh and yes ffxiatlas.com, ffxisomepage.com are the ones i used to enter but right now they are not secure. My antivirus alerts me everytime i accidentally open it and i just abort connection. :D good luck!
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-08-18 10:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

if i recall correctly there is a fake POL community site link floating around. your wife probably put her account info in there.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 12:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

OP: Oh noes! Mai accountz has ben hax0red! I has no tokenz!
Hacker: User submitted image
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-18 12:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Judda said:
Skyslash, if your wife was hacked i seriously doubt it was because of this site, because use a legit site that is the ffxi community site, but she doesnt need to log in into a site to get hacked, sometimes if u just visit a site that has vorus/trojans it makes your pc download keyloggers etc, that records your pass when u log in to the game, u just need to pay attention on your antivirus and firewall. BTW call SE i hope your wife gets her account back soon n_n/

Oh and yes ffxiatlas.com, ffxisomepage.com are the ones i used to enter but right now they are not secure. My antivirus alerts me everytime i accidentally open it and i just abort connection. :D good luck!

Actually, I got to see my work computer's anti-virus software in action yesterday morning. Immediately upon loading this site, my anti-virus software popped up to inform me that it had detected and removed this virus.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 12:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:

Actually, I got to see my work computer's anti-virus software in action yesterday morning. Immediately upon loading this site, my anti-virus software popped up to inform me that it had detected and removed this virus.

even so, that wouldnt steal the login info. Trojans are just annoying...i still say get a Security token just to be safe....even though i dont have one....b/c im using all my money for college books and computer hardware atm
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-18 12:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:
Judda said:

Out of curiosity, what anti-virus software do you use? Mine tends to completely shut out access to sites that contain something threatening to begin with. I've never had issues with FFXIAH.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-18 12:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Eeek said:

even so, that wouldnt steal the login info. Trojans are just annoying...i still say get a Security token just to be safe....even though i dont have one....b/c im using all my money for college books and computer hardware atm

Are you sure about that? This trojan exploits Flash (among a host of other Adobe products apparently), and Flash exploits lead to all the account hacking hysteria of last year.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-18 12:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:
Dubont said:
Eeek said:

Are you sure about that? This trojan exploits Flash (among a host of other Adobe products apparently), and Flash exploits lead to all the account hacking hysteria of last year.

No wonder, I run NoScript. Nips 99% of issues in the bud.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-18 12:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
[quote=Eeek][quote=Judda]Skyslash, if your wife was hacked i seriously doubt it was because of this site, because use a legit site that is the ffxi community site, but she doesnt need to log in into a site to get hacked, sometimes if u just visit a site that has vorus/trojans it makes your pc download keyloggers etc, that records your pass when u log in to the game, u just need to pay attention on your antivirus and firewall. BTW call SE i hope your wife gets her account back soon n_n/

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise is what I have on my work computer.

Edit: I also use IE at work due to lack of better options. At home, I use Firefox with AdBlock and NoScript.
First Page 2