Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Atomos Question
Atomos Question
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-23 13:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
can Atomos steal things like Invincible and other 1 hours in Dynamis? (Can you steal Atral Flow? That'd be neat).

Not sure about Invincible but Astral Flow is an instantaneous effect that can't be "dispelled", so it can't be stolen either. It's used and gone.
[+]
By Acacia 2014-12-23 14:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

can Atomos steal things like Invincible and other 1 hours in Dynamis? (Can you steal Atral Flow? That'd be neat).
Nope, I've tried it.
[+]
By Mozhat 2014-12-23 14:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Atomos, crap,not dependable. You can't use him on IT mobs with a party beating on a mob.
The mobs dead before the BP goes off. If your fighting a NM and that NM uses AOE moves,spells. Good luck trying to get close enough without dying to get a BP off.
Stupid move SE.

Diabolos Pavor Nocturnus, =crap,not dependable
Cait Sith's Holy ? Level, =crap,not dependable

The new Lv99 Rage BPs = Worst BPs dmg verses MP cost. [best I seen 4232 Volt Strike]

None of those are worth wasting MP to try your luck on. PERIOD
SE found them in the bottom of a bucket.

My Flaming Strikes 6500-19k+, Predator Claws 4000-14K+, Chaotic Strike 4000-14K+, will do 2-3xs more dmg
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-23 14:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Not sure about Invincible but Astral Flow is an instantaneous effect that can't be "dispelled", so it can't be stolen either. It's used and gone.

Astral Flow is not an instantaneous effect. the duration is 3 minutes, if you dont use odin or alexander. You can even use something like diamond dust before alexander but you loose all of the mp which would weaken alexander.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-12-23 17:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
You can even use something like diamond dust before alexander but you loose all of the mp which would weaken alexander.

Picking at a little flaw there.
Perfect Defense duration is completely dependent on Summoning Magic skill now, regardless of summoning Alexander at max MP or at 100 MP.
As for potency, that's completely set in stone as well. After half its total duration it will start to decay.
The amount of MP you have is of no influence what so ever anymore and hasn't been for 2(?) or so years.

As for Atomos; Won't take special abilities (Formerly 2 hours), it will take other buffs like Berserk, Boost and the like, like Dark Knight's Absorb: Attri but not special abilities.
Neither will Atomos get a boost when used with Astral Flow.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-23 17:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Instantaneous effect = when a mob uses it, it surely is.

Of course when you use it it's not, you can convert or w/e and get your MP back to use the special BP again.
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-23 18:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Instantaneous effect = when a mob uses it, it surely is.

Of course when you use it it's not, you can convert or w/e and get your MP back to use the special BP again.

again sorry but a mob can use an avatars astral flow bp multiple times during the duration if it survives long enough. The duration is still 3 minutes even if used by a mob.
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-23 18:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »
You can even use something like diamond dust before alexander but you loose all of the mp which would weaken alexander.

Picking at a little flaw there.
Perfect Defense duration is completely dependent on Summoning Magic skill now, regardless of summoning Alexander at max MP or at 100 MP.
As for potency, that's completely set in stone as well. After half its total duration it will start to decay.
The amount of MP you have is of no influence what so ever anymore and hasn't been for 2(?) or so years.

As for Atomos; Won't take special abilities (Formerly 2 hours), it will take other buffs like Berserk, Boost and the like, like Dark Knight's Absorb: Attri but not special abilities.
Neither will Atomos get a boost when used with Astral Flow.

you are correct sorry I know that but just didnt remember at the time.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-12-24 00:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A minimum of 1188 MP (SMN lvl*12) is still required to cap Perfect Defense duration at 58 sec with 560 skill. PD will give a 48~ sec duration with 1 MP less and a 18~ sec duration with <100 MP.

Monster and player Astral Flow have different mechanics. Although some NMs can AF multiple times (by using the "Astral Flow" command again) it has nothing to do with the 3 min duration. As the devs have said themselves (while speaking about why Larceny cannot steal it), it is instantaneous and often limited to one use for mobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-12-24 05:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That is interesting, I actually didn't know that.
Then again, I cannot remember a situation in which I used PD while not at full MP.

I stand corrected.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-06 00:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, Atomos and Larceny have nothing in common, Atomos is a form of Absorb: Attri.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-02-08 11:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Atomos does not only absorb attributes from a target, I used him in PVP against a RUN/SCH and stole their fast cast and a second time I stole their sublimination.

I also used him to steal Shivas frost armor in ilvl avatar fights!
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-08 11:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rumblepakk said: »
Atomos does not only absorb attributes from a target, I used him in PVP against a RUN/SCH and stole their fast cast and a second time I stole their sublimination.

I also used him to steal Shivas frost armor in ilvl avatar fights!

It's exactly like Absorb-Attri.

DRK Lv.91 Teaches the black magic Absorb-Attri. Steals an enemy's beneficial status effects.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-08 14:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What he said
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-09 02:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading this post I just remembered Atomos exists.
I think since when it was added I never used it even once. I actually need to add it to my macro bar.

Is it bad I even forgot it existed? :'(
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-09 02:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is it bad I even forgot it existed? :'(

No :p

Until SE adds some sort of actually useful stealable buff, or speeds him up (maybe this March update?!?!), he's just not useful.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-09 02:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Really hope that "faster BP" thing (which I really want) won't end up *** us with GS pet_midcast swapping =/

Really hope we won't have to curse the day we'll be getting something we asked for so long.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-09 07:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I,m not too worried.
I have a feeling they're also keeping "ye olde macro users" in mind.
I'm expecting the activation time will be similar to that of Shock Squal.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-09 07:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know... DRG lost use of their Wycern: HP%+ gear when the breath activation went faster. Not sure if that ever got fixed or not.