Fast Cast for SMN
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-10 14:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

But more specifically - the hands. Are there alternatives for the hand slot other than Repartie Gloves? I don't want to have to do Legion to get a 30k item, and who knows how many of these gloves I've thrown away in the last year alone.

Thanks.
By Diamondstip 2014-12-10 14:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagondes with Fast Cast augment.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-10 14:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
But more specifically - the hands. Are there alternatives for the hand slot other than Repartie Gloves? I don't want to have to do Legion to get a 30k item, and who knows how many of these gloves I've thrown away in the last year alone.

Thanks.

These. Magavan Mitts. Same Fast Cast as Repartie Gloves (2%), just missing Magic Acc +5. Cost 3000 Legion points after aquiring Subjugator of the Mired title.

Or you can augment Hagondes Hands. +2 stones can give 3-5% Fast Cast.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2014-12-10 15:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The above options are all good but also, assuming your wearing Marduk's Jubbah +1 you can add Marduk's Dastanas +1 for an additional 3% fast cast (from the set bonus). This is what I use (except the grip because I like to maintain Aftermath).

ItemSet 331456
 Lakshmi.Fobby
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2014-12-10 15:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomi gloves with FC +3 aug if you dont have the hagondes
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-10 15:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wasn't sure I wanted to go the augment route, which is why I didn't mention Hagondes, Otomi, etc. But I kinda like Josiah's idea too.

Quetzalcoatl.Harmless said: »
The above options are all good but also, assuming your wearing Marduk's Jubbah +1 you can add Marduk's Dastanas +1 for an additional 3% fast cast (from the set bonus). This is what I use (except the grip because I like to maintain Aftermath).

ItemSet 331456

I have full Marduk+1 except for the Tiara (which will change this upcoming Login Campaign), so I can try the Dastanas and see how it goes.

Thanks for posting your item set.
By Lunareticc 2014-12-10 15:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have same set as Harmless, only add Lebeche Ring on Ring1
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2014-12-10 15:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lunareticc said: »
I have same set as Harmless, only add Lebeche Ring on Ring1

Good call! I just came back to the game a month ago so there are probably a few items that I've overlooked. Now to spam Garuda V2...
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-12-11 17:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about Carbuncle's Cuffs. They knock a flat 1 second off cast time.
[+]
By Lunareticc 2014-12-11 17:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle Cuff: 40 run and I never seen drop in this battlefiels... Nothing...
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-12-11 17:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the drops in that fight are based on the number of people participating, so it's rare to get anything at all when solo unfortunately.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Crevox 2014-12-11 18:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

5% FC Lehbrailg is better than that shield.

Also, Anhur Robe (10%) has less FC than Marduk (11%).

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2014-12-11 19:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ToM I staff for each element if you have infinite inventory. -_-
Chelona Boots +1 is an alternative feet.
w/ weatherspoon that's
14, 1, x, x.
10, 5, 2, 2.
11, 5, 5, 2.
4, 3, 5, 5.

Casting Time -74%. /WHM (cap unity: 76)
/RDM swap the ToM for FC+5 staff and you're at cap. (:2 over cap)
By Zoltar 2014-12-11 21:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear I'm not trolling, but why do you all use a fast cast set on SMN? For fast re-summoning? Something else I'm missing?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2014-12-11 23:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
I swear I'm not trolling, but why do you all use a fast cast set on SMN? For fast re-summoning? Something else I'm missing?
Just ask yourself why cure casting time gear is often expensive. Less time casting is more time melee'ing ... I mean in refresh gear.

It isn't fast re-summoning, that would be a recast set, with max'd haste and fast cast everywhere else possible.
It's to get that 6~7 second summoning down to <2s, or stoneskin/blink/utsusemi/cures.

It's a precast set.
Quote:
Hmmm can summon jse cape get fast cast augment?
Don't think so.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2014-12-12 01:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »

This hurts coming from you Zoltar. :P
By Zoltar 2014-12-12 07:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol sorry I've honestly never used a fast cast set on smn. Only job I have one on is Brd since I don't play whm/rdm. I have nearly all the gears mentioned, just didn't think to laterally move it into smn... ;;
By Acacia 2014-12-12 10:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For Stoneskin:
ItemSet 331542
You can hit the cap easily with /RDM and random fast cast equip in the empty slots. Edit: I lied, not so easy to hit cap, but this is close. Edit 2: Um... ok, for real this time. Easy cap.

As for summoning I tend to use this when ***hits the fan instead of fast cast:
ItemSet 331541
Probably overkill but I've been too lazy to figure out how strong the effect on Marduk body is.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-12 12:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Acacia said: »
For Stoneskin:
ItemSet 331542
You can hit the cap easily with /RDM and random fast cast equip in the empty slots. Edit: I lied, not so easy to hit cap, but this is close. Edit 2: Um... ok, for real this time. Easy cap.

As for summoning I tend to use this when ***hits the fan instead of fast cast:
ItemSet 331541
Probably overkill but I've been too lazy to figure out how strong the effect on Marduk body is.

Goodness, that's a solid Spell Interupt Down build. You could get hit by an 18-wheeler doing 90 mph and still get your Avatar off and running. Very nice!

BTW, Are the Carbuncle Cuffs worth putting in the effort to obtain? I read something about the drop chances are based on the number of participants. I suppose this means a soloing SMN might see a pair in 2015 or so?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-12 13:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Arieludia said: »
That *** prelate door is going to be the death of me lol
I think you might be thinking of the wrong pair of gloves. You only need to get through that prelate door to get yourself some Carbuncle Mitts.

The other pair of gloves in question are Carbuncle's Cuffs. Obtaining these involves the quest Waking the Beast. You travel to each cloister and the six celestial avatar, they are a higher level than the original avatar battles for this quest. Each avatar is accompanied by four elementals of their perspective element. After that, you'll proceed to go to Full Moon Fountain where you'll take on Carbuncle Prime, he'll be accompanied by the six celestial avatars in a staggered sequence, and finally five Carbuncle Primes who'll use each Searing Light. There is a treasure pool of other items when the battlefield is cleared and the quest can only be repeated once per conquest tally.

At iLevel 119, it this shouldn't be too much of a problem to solo or even duo. The battle was originally intended for an alliance of 18 level 75 players. Furthermore, travel to the cloisters has been facilitated through homepoint warps. But as mentioned earlier, drop rate suffers when soloing.
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Yeah the drops in that fight are based on the number of people participating, so it's rare to get anything at all when solo unfortunately.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-12 13:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Bismarck.Arieludia said: »
That *** prelate door is going to be the death of me lol
I ithink you might be thinking of the wrong pair of gloves. You only need to get through that prelate door to get yourself some Carbuncle Mitts.

The other pair of gloves in question are Carbuncle's Cuffs. Obtaining these involves the quest Waking the Beast. You travel to each cloister and the six celestial avatar, they are a higher level than the original avatar battles for this quest. Each avatar is accompanied by four elementals of their perspective element. After that, you'll proceed to go to Full Moon Fountain where you'll take on Carbuncle Prime, he'll be accompanied by the six celestial avatars in a staggered sequence, and finally five Carbuncle Primes who'll use each Searing Light. There is a treasure pool of other items when the battlefield is cleared and the quest can only be repeated once per conquest tally.

At iLevel 119, it this shouldn't be too much of a problem to solo or even duo. The battle was originally intended for an alliance of 18 level 75 players. Furthermore, travel to the cloisters has been facilitated through homepoint warps. But as mentioned earlier, drop rate suffers when soloing.

I'm going to try it out. :)
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2014-12-13 21:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this true? How do you know this? I've done it 5 times and only gotten a Shiva Sword. All other times there were 0 drops.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2014-12-13 21:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said: »

Is this true? How do you know this? I've done it 5 times and only gotten a Shiva Sword. All other times there were 0 drops.

Everyone who has done the fight enough has figured this out.
First Page 2