users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Avatar Animations gone
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2014-12-04 15:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to why any and all animations for my avatars aren't showing up at all. No rages or wards have animations and even the stock melee animation for all avatars show up.

This is on a completely fresh install of the game and no filters for it I think? The interesting thing is that this is only happening on my PC but on my laptop I can see the animations with no problems at all.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-04 15:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yoroitsune said: »
I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to why any and all animations for my avatars aren't showing up at all. No rages or wards have animations and even the stock melee animation for all avatars show up.

This is on a completely fresh install of the game and no filters for it I think? The interesting thing is that this is only happening on my PC but on my laptop I can see the animations with no problems at all.

Don't worry, your game isn't glitching. For whatever reason, SE removed Avatar animations (imploding streaks/lines). When I first noticed that I thought the same thing.

EDIT: You shouldn't be seeing the animations mentioned above at all since this was removed in a recent version update. Not sure what's going on if you still can? :o
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-04 16:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You turned on the pet fix add-on. It blocks all pet animations.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ForteGSX 2014-12-04 17:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You turned on the pet fix add-on. It blocks all pet animations.

I do have that one, will shut it off and test without it.

On the flip side I did see the notes that SE removed the animations but I'm wondering why my other machine is still displaying the animations and my PC isn't.

[Edit] Yay, that was it, thanks a ton for pointing this out Bryth.