Can Hagondes Coat Augs Beat Caller's Doublet +2?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Can Hagondes Coat augs beat Caller's Doublet +2?
Can Hagondes Coat augs beat Caller's Doublet +2?
By Zoltar 2014-11-12 17:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the process of trying to get -5 perp for my Hagondes Coat +1 and in the process I've acquired some pretty awesome Pet MAB augs.

Is there any reason I'd want to hang onto this vs Caller's Doublet +2? Will it have the potential to outperform in a Magical BP scenario?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2014-11-12 17:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
I would always tell people to throw af3+2 on porter moogle. SE will reforge it eventually most likely.

You should see the stats that gives AF3+2

Boots augments siphon...
Body got a nice Summoning Skill +
Legs Got a nice summoning skill +
Hands augments Mana Cede
head Augments Avatar's Favor....

You've just stored somes of the best pieces of SMN's Equip...
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2014-11-12 18:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-11-12 18:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish there was a spreadsheet for smn for cases like this, I just use Convokers +1, I just assume +12% would beat MAB as long as you have enough MAB in other places.

and good luck with the -5, my best is -3 so far. It's one of the few skirmish augments that are safe imo, it'll be hard to beat -5 perp and +2 refresh.
By Crevox 2014-11-12 18:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caller's Doublet is inferior to everything. Convoker's beats the damage, Hagondes(pref)/Glyphic for perp, Anhur for skill.

There's really no reason to have a Caller's Doublet if you have all of those, and they're all relatively easy to obtain (Anhur being luck/money cost).

The only situation that might arise is if you think the 10 summoning skill is better than the 2% BP damage off Convoker's, but that's just preference. The majority of the time Summoners are not fighting content that requires large amounts of accuracy due to how weak we are in a party, so generally the damage will win anyways. If you're really worried, just stick it in your accuracy set and there you go, if you ever actually do need it, it will be there.
By Zoltar 2014-11-12 18:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Caller's Doublet is inferior to everything. Convoker's beats the damage, Hagondes(pref)/Glyphic for perp, Anhur for skill.

There's really no reason to have a Caller's Doublet if you have all of those, and they're all relatively easy to obtain (Anhur being luck/money cost).

The only situation that might arise is if you think the 10 summoning skill is better than the 2% BP damage off Convoker's, but that's just preference. The majority of the time Summoners are not fighting content that requires large amounts of accuracy due to how weak we are in a party, so you generally the damage will win anyways. If you're really worried, just stick it in your accuracy set and there you go, if you ever actually do need it, it will be there.

Danke
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-11-13 04:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
I wish there was a spreadsheet for smn for cases like this, I just use Convokers +1, I just assume +12% would beat MAB as long as you have enough MAB in other places.

and good luck with the -5, my best is -3 so far. It's one of the few skirmish augments that are safe imo, it'll be hard to beat -5 perp and +2 refresh.

Until the 119 version of callers comes out with something like perp-6 refresh+3 lol.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-13 06:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The only situation that might arise is if you think the 10 summoning skill is better than the 2% BP damage off Convoker's, but that's just preference. The majority of the time Summoners are not fighting content that requires large amounts of accuracy due to how weak we are in a party, so generally the damage will win anyways. If you're really worried, just stick it in your accuracy set and there you go, if you ever actually do need it, it will be there.
Incorrect.
Caller's outperforms Convoker's constantly. (+2v+1)
Because it's the same thing as having nothing but MAB in a nuke set: sure you might hit for slightly more, (that 2% translates to verly little more damage. 2~300 at most) but you're gonna get constantly resisted making your DPS crap.
Barely less damag all the time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> big damage rarely.
It's the same reason why Caller's Bracers +2 were 1000000x inferior to Summoner's +2 even when the set bonus was taken into account.

And maybe you're weak in a PT... But I know how to do things in PT for content that matters: eg Delve 2 and whatnot.
SMN has become FAR better than it used to be in terms of DD.
And even in WKRs can you tell the difference between how bad Convoker's is... The SMNs who have BPs go all over the place in dmg? Convoker's.
So it's not just "things that matter" where Caller's is better, it's any iLv content.

As for Hagondes.
No.
MAB will never beat out +10% hard damage. You'd need to have something like +100 or more for MAB to perform better.
And Hagondes can't get that much MAB by itself.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-11-13 06:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol what have i just read.....

Right the smns in WKR getting numbers all over the place isnt because of the 10 smn skill on callers its the 60-70 acc they are missing from not being capped. Id imagine that a good 90% of them wont have seraphicaller which again means they are losing out on a lot off acc. My BPs do very consistent damage without callers because my skill is capped and I've got a fair amount of skill w/o callers. Any spikes that I get on physical BPs are due to crit hits and not just because I've been missing hits on the others.
By Crevox 2014-11-13 07:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Incorrect.
Caller's outperforms Convoker's constantly. (+2v+1)
Because it's the same thing as having nothing but MAB in a nuke set: sure you might hit for slightly more, (that 2% translates to verly little more damage. 2~300 at most) but you're gonna get constantly resisted making your DPS crap.
Barely less damag all the time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> big damage rarely.
It's the same reason why Caller's Bracers +2 were 1000000x inferior to Summoner's +2 even when the set bonus was taken into account.

And maybe you're weak in a PT... But I know how to do things in PT for content that matters: eg Delve 2 and whatnot.
SMN has become FAR better than it used to be in terms of DD.
And even in WKRs can you tell the difference between how bad Convoker's is... The SMNs who have BPs go all over the place in dmg? Convoker's.
So it's not just "things that matter" where Caller's is better, it's any iLv content.

As for Hagondes.
No.
MAB will never beat out +10% hard damage. You'd need to have something like +100 or more for MAB to perform better.
And Hagondes can't get that much MAB by itself.

Not only did everyone already disagree with you on Caller's Doublet +2 already in the Summoner thread, but now you're spewing out a lot of other nonsense... other times I ignored it, but this time it's just getting out of hand. Just because you believe something with zero things to back it up does not make it true. Just because you are the ONLY person to believe something, and everyone else disagrees with you, does not make it true. None of your post has any factual math and information, and is mostly incorrect.

Remember, you're also the one that insisted on 10/14/14 (before skillchain properties were added, before we even knew they were going to be added) that not only Predator Claws had skillchain properties, but Flaming Crush might too. We've known for years that this is not the case. You also said that +MP is better than +skill for Elemental Siphon, at least in the case of Gifted Earring. Then there was the whole Blood Boon dilemma, where you tried to explain how the empy set proc works but was completely wrong on its functionality... etc.

It becomes a problem when you start giving other people bad advice. Please don't. I don't mean to be rude, but you can't go around just disagreeing with everyone and established conventions just because "you think so" and making up tons of random stuff. You're welcome to your own opinion and your own gear choices, but don't try to spread that to other people when everyone disagrees with you on it.
[+]