Automaton Setups (Do You Have It?) List Them Here

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Automaton Setups (Do you have it?) List them here
Automaton Setups (Do you have it?) List them here
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2009-08-13 20:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyon knows Pupetmaster is a class of its own and very difficult to Master. All the different attachments, frames, heads, wich maneouvers in wich order on what enemy.
At teh moment im looking to set up a tanking Automaton, its easy to set up a Ranger Automaton purly for damage output, BLM Automaton or a Healingbot, btu i got problems if i whant a Tnk bot, i came to the conclusion that a VAloredge headwith a storm walker frame may works best , itll be able to cast cures on it self, but im still intesting .
So does anyone have a decent Tank bot ?!
In addition fell free to post youre best Automaton setups, if u use them solo or in party or in special circumstances like a BCNm or NM plus Main/Sub u use.
Puppetmasters Unite ^^
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-13 20:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valoredge tank setup:

Simple answer: Dont

The automaton has the defense of a wet piece of paper, even with the best attachments. Can Valoredge take some hits? Sure can. Will it last long? Not a chance.

As far as setups go, I'll let somebody else post for that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [368 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2010-08-16 21:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently using my pup for the H2H magian trials and I'm using the stormwaker head and frame. Attachments used are: loudspeaker I & II
ice maker or tranquilizer (haven't seen a difference between the 2)
Mana Channeler
Condenser
Optic Fiber
Mana Tank
Mana Conserver

I melee the mobs down to 10% hp, and I'll start putting up ice manuevers, 2 are enough to finish off the mob. Deactivate, activate and repeat on the next mob.