Jeanpaul's Dat Mod Workshop!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » Jeanpaul's Dat Mod Workshop!
Jeanpaul's Dat Mod Workshop!
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-06-07 10:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

HUGE improvement. LOVE IT! Let me know when you release. Looks so good I'll probably do a vid just showing people how to add it to the pack. Well done!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By glamchowder 2022-07-11 15:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP FFXIDats? :[ Does anyone have a backup on jeanpaul's mods?
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-07-11 16:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How this news hit me:
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2022-07-11 16:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
How this news hit me:

what happened?
By Redacted 2022-08-03 08:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post working links to the Zitah and RuAun color mods? Can't find them now with the dat site gone :(
[+]
 Asura.Kendlar
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2022-08-10 11:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b9noptfu1oxhbog/escha-zitah.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/srq8muddsdm1c2s/Escha_-_Ru%2527Aun_color_v1.1.zip/file

Those ones?
[+]
By Caradog 2022-08-10 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Heyo all - I've updated XI View to the latest version now: https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View

Please drop me a message or post an issue on the Git if you find one
[+]
 Shiva.Rejected
Server: Shiva
user: Redacted
By Shiva.Rejected 2022-08-13 20:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kendlar said: »
Those ones?

Yes exactly, thank you!
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-13 21:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the repost, it's greatly appreciated.

However, anybody using these be careful, the zitah one still contains the zone line to Ro'Maeve. I found out the hard way when going to fight an NM there at #2 (all other spots were taken), as I approached the top of the map, bam black screen, "You can't enter the next area." message, and warped back to portal #1 with all temp items removed - had to buy mollifier and radialens again. I didn't investigate if other zonelines are still present but I wouldn' the surprised if they were, since the author just took the old areas and adjusted them the bare minimum to fit the eschan zones.

Probably not a big deal, and either way it's enough to just not approach the zone line.

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-13 22:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So like it has been for a year now or something but it's annoying me enough now that I want to post about it: for some reason my XI View install doesn't work properly. Newer icons like Majesty have the debug BCNM symbol. Any reason why that is?
By Draylo 2022-08-13 23:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're using an old version of it? What version are you using?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-14 17:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

most recent one from github
By Draylo 2022-08-14 17:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Using XI Pivot? Could have changed one dat file and not in the addon, only thing I can think of.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-08-15 03:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure in Misc. 1 that the icon type is set to 2. Even with the DAT swaps. Number 1 icons still look like the normal garbage.
By RadialArcana 2022-08-15 05:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Make sure in Misc. 1 that the icon type is set to 2. Even with the DAT swaps. Number 1 icons still look like the normal garbage.

What's the difference between the two sets, they look the same to me.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
So like it has been for a year now or something but it's annoying me enough now that I want to post about it: for some reason my XI View install doesn't work properly. Newer icons like Majesty have the debug BCNM symbol. Any reason why that is?

Maybe you have two installs? and you installed it in the inactive one.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-08-15 05:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Quote:

Mine changes from the original icons in Icon Type 1

To the XI View Icons in Icon Type 2

If that's not the case for anyone else then I don't know why mine does that. I just assumed that was normal.
By RadialArcana 2022-08-15 06:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't even know this was a thing.

Just checked. Type 1 is the original buff / debuff icons, spell icon element and job ability icons and type 2 (def) is the new icons for spells / JA and mostly the same buff icons but a few new ones.
By zigzagzig 2022-08-15 13:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The main website is down >?

Wanted to see , Dats Chest to have a better View of them in Ody.

Change them to Red or gold.

Does anyone managed this ?, how ?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-15 16:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Using XI Pivot? Could have changed one dat file and not in the addon, only thing I can think of.

It was this, except XIPivot, despite having the updated files, wasn't swapping them all correctly.

edit: nvm even without XIPivot it still doesn't work, nfc
By Caradog 2022-08-16 04:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Draylo said: »

It was this, except XIPivot, despite having the updated files, wasn't swapping them all correctly.

edit: nvm even without XIPivot it still doesn't work, nfc

XI Pivot doesn't work correctly with XI View and never has, it can't change the UI elements so I generally suggest people don't use it (there's a warning in the Git Readme).

Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
Quote:

Mine changes from the original icons in Icon Type 1

To the XI View Icons in Icon Type 2

If that's not the case for anyone else then I don't know why mine does that. I just assumed that was normal.

This has been the case for a while, the type 1 and type 2 icons were used for different quality images at some point, although that seems to be have been abandoned by SE (I think, its been years).

Again, this is documented in the Readme as something you should check upon installation.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-16 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cara do you suggest to set to Type2 or Type1 for your mod?
By Caradog 2022-08-16 14:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Cara do you suggest to set to Type2 or Type1 for your mod?

Type2, the dat for the type 1 is stored elsewhere and I haven't bothered altering it for years - if anyone is interested I believe these to be ROM/287/80-83 (I can't remember which order they're in, but they include the English & Japanese and the discontinued French & German versions of the icons.
[+]
By Caradog 2022-08-16 14:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a way to mod player icons and fonts more than could be done previously, can input HD images and manipulate the fonts. Should be able to fix font spacing on widescreen displays.

These are interesting, how does this differ to using ChangeTex to inject new dds images?
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-09-12 18:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone try to install the previous xiview version to see if it still works? Not aware of any new icons, so I'm guessing the old version should be fine?
By Seraphpdh 2022-09-12 20:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Anyone try to install the previous xiview version to see if it still works? Not aware of any new icons, so I'm guessing the old version should be fine?
From my quick test, the icons and menus seem to be fine with the existing version of xiview. I just looked at the menus briefly, and cast a few unique buffs on myself.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2022-09-12 23:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

zigzagzig said: »
The main website is down >?

Wanted to see , Dats Chest to have a better View of them in Ody.

Change them to Red or gold.

Does anyone managed this ?, how ?

i would reccomend, for changing your box in ody, use altanaviewer to locate the dats for boxes in odyssey, and the dat for whatever you want to replace those boxes with. Change the name of the original to like #original.dat, then COPY the dat of what you're putting in place of that original, and paste it where original is located, and rename it as w/e the original's dat number was.

back when AMAN chest bcnm came out, i turned all those boxes into street lamps in an attempt to try and ezmode the bcnm. (it's not possible, but hey it was a good attempt!)

There's prolly a better way than this, but it worked for me, so i figured screw it, here ya go buddy.
By zigzagzig 2022-09-12 23:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it replaced ROM\220\40 by red box

( sadly also affect Aman Trove but who cares )

Now i can see box far away in Ody ...Much much better and thanks.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-09-13 00:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That FFXIDATS carrie site is dead? Wow :( all those ancient .dats lost forever, some of them were really cool but I kinda prefer the authentic gameplay these days.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Caradog 2022-09-13 07:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »

I've gone through and checked the icons dat and can't find any changes (I'm not sure why the update overwrote it), checking the UI dat is more problematic and will likely only be noticed if something goes wrong.

Tracking the issue here: https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View/issues/32

Otherwise please continue to use the current version in the meantime.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13