Capacity Points Effective Solo?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Capacity Points effective solo?
Capacity Points effective solo?
First Page 2
By Zoltar 2014-10-20 12:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SoA mobs are fairly easy to solo on Summoner, however has anyone got a good spot/strategy to hammer out capacity points solo?

I'd like to avoid the reive methods unless you have something super-brainless that works.

My initial thinking was somewhere Ramuh could Thunderspark a bunch of mobs 2/3 times while not dying and netting a bunch of kills. Ideas or not really feasible?
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-10-21 04:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It might not be the fastest way, but personally I like to do surge walks for CP when going solo on summoner.
You make some extra gil at the same time.

Otherwise, pick off mobs in Ravine or Weald one at a time.
A well placed Flaming crush usually one shots, or almost one shots most mobs and they give semi decent CP barring you have a good cape from Incursion.

That said, soloing CP on summoner isn't really feasible. Due to our recast timers on Blood pacts we can't hold a chain, at all.

Zoltar said: »
My initial thinking was somewhere Ramuh could Thunderspark a bunch of mobs 2/3 times while not dying and netting a bunch of kills. Ideas or not really feasible?

Unless you're able to hold 6~8 mobs for the duration of 3~4 Blood pacts this will not be feasible.
If you need more than 2 Blood pacts to kill fodder you are already taking too long.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-21 06:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
It might not be the fastest way, but personally I like to do surge walks for CP when going solo on summoner.
You make some extra gil at the same time.

Otherwise, pick off mobs in Ravine or Weald one at a time.
A well placed Flaming crush usually one shots, or almost one shots most mobs and they give semi decent CP barring you have a good cape from Incursion.

That said, soloing CP on summoner isn't really feasible. Due to our recast timers on Blood pacts we can't hold a chain, at all.

Unless you're able to hold 6~8 mobs for the duration of 3~4 Blood pacts this will not be feasible.
If you need more than 2 Blood pacts to kill fodder you are already taking too long.

Ramuh on 1 mob - thunderspark - he eventually dies (You can run and tell him to follow trains the mobs) you then assault > shock run pet probably dies at this point - summon shiva toss her in Sleepga using a ward.

Then repeat ramuh stuffs ~
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-10-21 07:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Too slow, too risky and too much effort.
You're limited to mobs that link but preferably don't agro you and do not roam in areas where other agressive mobs roam.

Apart from that, by kiting around to link enough mobs you are bound to take a couple out of their standard roaming area.
As a good Summoner knows, as long as you don't perform any direct action on a mob it will deaggro uppon the death or release of an avatar.
In the time you summon Shiva and get Sleepga off (hoping that the mob that has hate on you doesn't interupt your summoning cast) the other mobs that were taken out of their roaming area may have already despawned or will despawn while you wait for Rage to cool down, completely negating all effort.

And in the cases where you are succesful, have fun waiting for respawns or hope another batch of mobs meeting the right conditions is closeby.

In my humble opinion, stick to zones with tougher mobs that you can still (Almost) one-shot with Flaming Crush kill them one at a time.
Less risk, less effort and probably a better CP/Hour rate.
By Crevox 2014-10-21 09:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of all of this, soloing for capacity points is extremely slow compared to grouping. It's better to just group, whether that be in gates, incursion, delve, or somewhere else.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-10-21 09:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

While I completely agree, outside of running with my own linkshell there is now way in hades that I'll ever get my summoner in one of either.
Not even on a somewhat gimped healer/buffer role.
And either way, they rather see me on my monk or white mage for those anyway.

When it comes to CP, SE really dropped the ball by making it that you can only use them for the job you earned them on.
Which means that a lot of jobs are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to getting parties and other jobs (Corsair/Bard) are getting sick of them because everyone wants to have them.

That however, is another subject.
By Zoltar 2014-10-21 09:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Shirai, that's largely why I will solo. The best SMN in the world never gets invited unless you start your own party which maybe I'll do.

Appreciate all the replies. I've found that Ifrit does 1-shot most things, just sucky for a 37s recast timer.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-10-21 09:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found the best place to 1-shot with Ifrit is Kamihr Drifts. Go to the frontier station, then head toward Woh Gates. There are 3 raptors and 3 bunnies on the way which you can kill for a pretty good rotation. Flaming Crush should one-shot them or take them down under 10% and melee should finish them before your next BP is ready. They're only worth about 150 capacity points each with no cape, but I've gotten up to about capacity chain 12 or 13 solo.

If you're looking for something a bit harder, the worms just inside Woh Gates are soloable, but they have crazy evasion. The best thing I've found to work on them is using Shiromochi + Flaming Crush with a high-accuracy build. Glyphic Bracers +1, Convoker's Spats +1, etc. With a good setup you can generally kill a worm in about 4 BPs. Also if you're good at avoiding spells, you can even go SMN/COR and give yourself Corsair's Roll. They give a lot more capacity points, but I think it's slower in the long run.

Of course, anything is slower in the long run than joining a group. Speaking of which, I've been doing SMN burn Incursion with some success, and you get some capacity points in there as well. We've gone up to Lv128 without any issues so far.
By Zoltar 2014-10-21 10:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What does SMN burn incursion consist of?

Thanks for the location!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-21 10:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with capes and Incursion and whatever else capping the current 6 categories is still such a pain on jobs like SMN.
Can't imagine what it's gonna be once they release new categories or unlock the cap to 30 instead of the current 10.
By Crevox 2014-10-21 10:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing, you start your own group if you have to. Incursion is really easy content unless you up the level really high (and the CP gain doesn't seem to change much anyways), and Summoner does fine in gates parties. Merit BPs do good damage here.

Either way I imagine you can just get a group of friends (it doesn't have to be summoners) and just go to gates or incursion. Everybody needs capacity points.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-10-21 13:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What does SMN burn incursion consist of?

Thanks for the location!
Standard stuff although you want TH for crates. I think our most common setup is SMN SMN SMN SMN COR PUP/THF. Sometimes we bring an actual THF, too, although they die a lot. Avatars don't last super long, automatons last a little longer even though they do less damage so having a PUP there can help keep things stable. Shiva can land Sleepga pretty well in a pinch. You need well-geared SMNs or they will drag you down, especially in higher levels.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-10-21 14:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Even with capes and Incursion and whatever else capping the current 6 categories is still such a pain on jobs like SMN.
Can't imagine what it's gonna be once they release new categories or unlock the cap to 30 instead of the current 10.
I doubt they go to 30 ever, maybe we get 30 categories but i dont see each category going to 30/30, some things would be broken, even with an ilvl increase, sam having 42 str from hasso alone seems excessive.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2014-10-21 15:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and my friend on sam duo with joachim, ferroc., and moogle were keeping a consistant cap chain in woh gates on worms and rabbits , i had 35 seconds on bp , merit/cap points are crazy with two persons only with chains.

However after the 100% surge in woe , we just spam runs and u get merits/money/ cap points/ and free items to get all your empy. Weapon skills.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-21 16:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
I doubt they go to 30 ever, maybe we get 30 categories but i dont see each category going to 30/30
Categories' current cap on the packets is 24 different categories, and I doubt we'll ever get that many but I'm ready to be proved wrong.
Maximum upgrade cap is instead 30.
They already announced they want to bring it to 30 a couple of times, but will they ever?

And if they will, will they also raise CP/hr gain rate? Or add more stuff to get even more CP? I sure hope so because if the rates remain like now even the stoutest defenders of the current effort/reward ratio will start to argue against this system lol.

Concerning your fear about things being broken, they could go the same way they went with group2 merits for SAM's overwhelm: diminishing returns past level 10.
But seriously, 24 cap was datamined so we can't be sure, whereas the 30 upgrade cap was said by SE themselves long before it was datamined by Byrth, we can be pretty sure about that, sadly =/
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-21 17:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I've found the best place to 1-shot with Ifrit is Kamihr Drifts. Go to the frontier station, then head toward Woh Gates. There are 3 raptors and 3 bunnies on the way which you can kill for a pretty good rotation. Flaming Crush should one-shot them or take them down under 10% and melee should finish them before your next BP is ready. They're only worth about 150 capacity points each with no cape, but I've gotten up to about capacity chain 12 or 13 solo.

If you're looking for something a bit harder, the worms just inside Woh Gates are soloable, but they have crazy evasion. The best thing I've found to work on them is using Shiromochi + Flaming Crush with a high-accuracy build. Glyphic Bracers +1, Convoker's Spats +1, etc. With a good setup you can generally kill a worm in about 4 BPs. Also if you're good at avoiding spells, you can even go SMN/COR and give yourself Corsair's Roll. They give a lot more capacity points, but I think it's slower in the long run.

Of course, anything is slower in the long run than joining a group. Speaking of which, I've been doing SMN burn Incursion with some success, and you get some capacity points in there as well. We've gone up to Lv128 without any issues so far.

theres a camp with 7 Acuex that take extra fire damage...

one shot no issues why do lol raptors
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 01:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's this 7 acuexs camp you talk about? I'm curious to try.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-10-22 04:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious about the same thing as well.

Crevox said: »
That's the thing, you start your own group if you have to. Incursion is really easy content unless you up the level really high (and the CP gain doesn't seem to change much anyways), and Summoner does fine in gates parties. Merit BPs do good damage here.

Either way I imagine you can just get a group of friends (it doesn't have to be summoners) and just go to gates or incursion. Everybody needs capacity points.

Easier said than done, as a European with limited playtime it's not very easy to find the right amount of people with the right job setting even in the shell I am in which still has a good amount of members in it.

Most of the time you are still dependent on people from outside the linkshell/friend group to fill certain spaces, usually the vital spots.
And usually you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.
"Where is that?", "I don't have that waypoint", "What is sneak?", "I can cast haste on others?", "AFK 1 hour

Henceforth the question by the TS on places where he can effectively solo CP.
Yes, parties are and always will be faster, but are usually not worth the headache.
By Chyula 2014-10-22 04:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

the best way to earn job point for smn is by leeching off a manaburn party while giving the party refresh, smn/rdm with a brd puller and blmx4. I think this setup might able to get the blm to come but not sure about the brds. Maybe it'll work without a brd and just have any fast fisherman because mp is not an issue with tier I and tier II nukes.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-22 04:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
Curious about the same thing as well.

Crevox said: »

Easier said than done, as a European with limited playtime it's not very easy to find the right amount of people with the right job setting even in the shell I am in which still has a good amount of members in it.

Most of the time you are still dependent on people from outside the linkshell/friend group to fill certain spaces, usually the vital spots.
And usually you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.
"Where is that?", "I don't have that waypoint", "What is sneak?", "I can cast haste on others?"

Henceforth the question by the TS on places where he can effectively solo CP.
Yes, parties are and always will be faster, but are usually not worth the headache.
Oh come on, you're exaggerating now...

...bad players don't level support jobs.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-10-22 04:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Oh come on, you're exaggerating now...

I wish I was, truly, I wish I was. ._.
[+]
 Phoenix.Segagamer
Server: Phoenix
user: Segagamer
By Phoenix.Segagamer 2014-10-22 05:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What I do to solo cap points on SMN is go to Ceizak biv 1, then link all the Fernfelling Chapulis in the large area near the veil with Cait Sith, Level ? Holy has a 4/6 chance to insta kill each of those mobs, and if you're unlucky and get one of the two rolls that doesn't kill, you can just sleep them and wait on the timer.
It's not the best way to get them, but I still get about 1 job point per hour (without using the rings).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Rakshaka
user: Rakshaka
By Asura.Rakshaka 2014-11-24 07:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My current favorite CP farming spot is rams in kamhir drifts. Port to biv2, then go west until you see the rams. Camp east of the rams in the non-aggroing sheep area. I use gessho, karaha-baruha, and joachim for trusts. I dia2 the rams to pull em (be careful, they link), which gives me enough hate that one hit from the avatar won't pull it off of me. This way, I can get the rams into the non-aggroing sheep camp. I hit it to activate the trusts, gessho starts tanking, and if flaming crush doesn't kill it right away, I melee it down. Rinse and repeat.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-24 09:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a fast spot for Sam solo? I mean something that's faster then marjAmi biv 2.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-24 09:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

For a Sam with good acc gates of doh butterflies.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-24 10:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Ty :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2014-11-24 11:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much anything in the basement zones that they just introduced is an amazing duo spot. Just choose the weakest mobs you can find ;o
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-11-24 11:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to note that that is with Vocation ring and Mantle, no?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-24 12:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lishje said: »

Pretty much anything in the basement zones that they just introduced is an amazing duo spot. Just choose the weakest mobs you can find ;o

What basement and how I get there? Lol what kinda duo? Sam Sam? Was that 2600 with mantle and cap ring?
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2014-11-24 12:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ring and 43% mantle. North of Bivouc #5 in Morimar there is a crystal statue(?) thing, they just introduced these with the missions in the update. That will port you into the basement of Moh Gates.

There are several other basements just like it that have Tough-Very Tough mobs at ilvl119, which is why I recommend a duo. It doesn't hurt the exp/cp gain either.

Edit: I neglected to mention you need certain key items for this, so here is a quote from the Nov. 10th Version update.

Quote:
New sections of existing areas have been added.
These areas can be accessed by possessing a particular key item.

Area Required Key Item
Sih Gates Aged Matriarch Naakual Crest
Moh Gates Aged Firebrand Naakual Crest
Woh Gates Aged Booming Naakual Crest
Dho Gates Aged Riptide Naakual Crest
Cirdas Caverns Aged Ligneous Naakual Crest
First Page 2