Windower Keeps Repeating The Same Plugin Updates <SOLVED>

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower keeps repeating the same plugin updates <SOLVED>
Windower keeps repeating the same plugin updates <SOLVED>
By Silinder 2014-10-18 09:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Windower 4.2... Here in the last day and half every time i load up Windower it runs the same exact updates. Then when i get in game it unloads all my plugins and runs the same update every 2 minutes or so like its stuck in a loop. All the plugins appear to work between the updates, its just really annoying that it keeps reloading gearswap in the middle of battles..etc. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Silinder
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-10-18 10:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mean plugins or addons? Try running the Windower launcher and tell me exactly which plugins get updated.

Also, I'm guessing you're running the Update addon. It will update every time it detects a changed plugin. My guess is that we did not update LuaCore correctly, now it keeps thinking a new update is available and downloads it. When that happens it reloads all Lua addons, so it looks like it updates all the addons.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-10-18 10:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its luacore, timers, and possible something else thats too fast and i can't see. It happens everytime launcher is run, and if update addon is on it happens every minute almost, and reloads luacore each time which gets extremely annoying.

The timers update is always 1,981.4 kb, luacore says something 4/4.

Edit: Pretty sure its just luacore and timers now, i see it dl luacore, extract 4/4, then dl timers. Its been an issue since yesterday morning i think.
 Odin.Rues
Server: Odin
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2014-10-18 10:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It is downloading luacore and timers every time I start Windower.
By Silinder 2014-10-18 10:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Arcon for the fast response :D.

When running the Windower launcher it starts updating luacore:.. very quickly then updates the Timers plugin every time I launch. I had forgotten that the update function was an addon and not a built in feature so i have disabled it for now which has gotten rid of the annoying issue with gearswap/scoreboard reloading during fights. I hope that the Timers information is helpful and let me know if you need any additional information from me.

Thanks,
Silinder
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-10-18 10:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, can you see if it's still happening? It should download new files once more and then be done with it.
[+]
By Silinder 2014-10-18 10:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it appears to be working correctly now. The launcher is no longer updating on when run, and I have re-enabled the update addon and it is no longer spamming updates.

Thank you for the quick fix
 Odin.Rues
Server: Odin
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2014-10-18 10:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, fixed it here too.