Hall Of Muru Solo?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Hall of Muru solo?
Hall of Muru solo?
By TinyAttorney 2014-10-10 09:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone had a luck with this? I'm mainly looking to down Veiled Ironclad for a shot at Esper Earring.

Tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-TA
By Crevox 2014-10-10 09:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be done as a Summoner *maybe*, but you have to abuse the way the aggro works on the mobs.

When you assault a mob with your summon (there are 3 in the room) the other 2 will auto link to your avatar. When your avatar dies, as long as you did not perform any enmity actions on the other two, they will not aggro on you when your avatar dies, because they linked. You basically abuse this and take them down one at a time.

Some of them are rough, and they have their own mechanics; you would need to be geared, not only for survival, but also to be able to kill them fast enough to meet the time limit. I can't confirm either or not it would be doable, especially if you don't have Nirvana, at the very least due to the time limit.

You can see Papesse soloing the Hall of An here, for an idea of how to do it (they have Nirvana):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGFvtnTidY

...but either way, it would be better to do it in a group. You can kill the Veiled Ironclad 4-6 times in a 6+ man group within 1 run, and each run costs a decent sum of gil. With such a low drop rate on the earring, it would be much more efficient in a group.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-10 09:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that mobs have alliance hate, and therefor will go after the SMN after the avatar dies.
By Crevox 2014-10-10 09:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I thought that mobs have alliance hate, and therefor will go after the SMN after the avatar dies.

You can see in the video by Papesse the strategy I stated.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-10 09:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm @ work, so I can't watch.
 Odin.Acacia
Server: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-10-10 20:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering this myself but I think the sandworm, with it's damage absorption, might be a pain. Also I seem to remember the alicorn spamming knockback TP moves and running around a lot, so it might be hard to BP.
By Zoltar 2014-10-10 21:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically speaking it's very duo/trioable for SMN. Solo is hard without Nirvana and you don't stand a good chance at getting subsequent waves from fast kills.

My advice, find a SMN friend or two and spam it, just my two cents
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-10 21:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

a good group of the same number of players playing other jobs is more effective, granted they need to be really good and not just well geared.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-10-10 22:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Muru is soloable on SMN (with Nirvana at least), slightly faster than in An too, it's possible to reach the third wave in <15 min if everything goes well. You can easily kill the Sandworm with Predator Claw only (don't Assault). It takes 3-5 BPs for each NM and 10~ for the Ironclad. As it has been already said it's neither easy or profitable to go there alone and you need 3 players to enter.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2014-10-13 18:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am down to host a stream on my twitch doing this but i dont recall being allowed to enter Legion alone..