Incursion
First Page 2
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-10-07 17:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get a handle on the new content here, I've seen some setup information in a few places but figured asking in general and trying to pool it will help others as well.

Entry Requirements
  • Level95 (realistically ilvl 119)

• Ability to reach Marjami Ravine (Seekers installed)

• Ally leader must have KI to enter.

Difficulty level
  • Starts at 123 (not to be read as 1 - 2 - 3 like Skirmish, but as one hundred twenty three)

• Highest difficulty is 1368? (so far I don't think the highest cap, if any, has been found).

• Turning in KI's from all 6 NM's allows you to raise the difficulty level by 1

Setup
This is where I'm not sure, I'm sure I'll be riding the "still getting up to speed as a returning player" for a bit longer, but from what I've seen/read/experianced...

for "low man" lower difficulties
Quote:
DD* (usually Sam or Mnk)
DD* (usually Sam or Mnk)
Thf
Brd or Geo
Rdm/Blm (Stun/Sleep)
Whm

for "mid size" 127~
Party1 said:
DD* (usually Sam or Mnk)
DD* (usually Sam or Mnk)
Brd (March x2, Minuet)
Whm
Geo (Haste/Atk+)
Cor (Hunters/Rogues)
Party2 said:
Rdm/Blm (Stun/Sleep)
Blm/??? (Stun/Breakga/Sleepga)
Geo/Blm (Sleep + Eva down/Mdef down)
Thf/Dnc

for "full alliance"
Party1 said:
DD* (usually Sam or Mnk)
DD* (usually Sam or Mnk)
Brd (March , Minuet x2, Madrigal)
Whm
Geo (Haste/Atk+)
Cor (Hunters/Rogues)
Party2 said:
DD* (usually Sam or Mnk)
DD* (usually Sam or Mnk)
Brd (March , Minuet x2, Madrigal)
Whm
Geo (Haste/Atk+)
Cor (Hunters/Rogues)
Party3 said:
Rdm/Blm (Stun/Sleep)
Rdm/Blm (Haste 2, Stun/Sleep)
Geo/Blm (Sleep + Eva down/Mdef down)
Thf/Dnc

The last one I'm guessing on. for trash it would let you fight up to 2 at once (clearing faster), adding 2 potential sleep/stun, and dedicating one person to Haste2 so bards could go single march. I confess when buff stacking for Brd/Cor/Geo+food I don't know what works out the best.
I also don't know if it's worth having a full alliance scaling up the health pools for the targets compared to going in with 10-12 in higher difficulties.
[+]
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-10-07 22:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Information I need to drag together..
  • NM special abilities

• Melee Acc Minimum Trash

• Melee Acc Minimum NMs

• Macc Minimum Trash (Sleepga/Breakga)

• Macc Minimum NMs(Stun/Sleep)

along with those numbers appropriate gear-sets for reaching them. If nobody provides I may troll some job forums and see what I can dig up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-10-07 22:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchains are HUGE.
Always Madrigal x2 after about 127. Always.
This is one event where it's near impossible for brds/cors/etc to swap.
I'd also HIGHLY recommend finding brds that will go back and give Scherzo on the mega boss at higher levels when he 2hrs.
The whm should also have caster's and wizard's or (if mp is low, which it shoudn't be) evoker's. Likewise the songs for the whm should be March x2 and Ballad x2.

My general setup:
WHM, BRD, BRD, SAM, WAR, COR.
SCH, RDM, GEO, GEO, THF.

Sch and Rdm for stuns. THIEF ALWAYS.
You can replace one of the brds with a geo in the first party, and only use one geo in the second pt. You can also replace the sam/war with a drg/drk/mnk. (Though the mnk kills are a -lot- slower.) I've also gone on runs where the Sch was in the main party and the outside member was just the Thf.

If you want to take less, then remove one of the geos and the rdm. Minimal second part can just be the THF, but I would recommend having a geo or stunner and geo in that party as well.

Brds, Geos, Rdm, Sch (when not responsible for stunning) are on debuff/sleep/break duty. If you're lucky enough to have a Yagrush whm, then brds and cors do hastes and backup emergency cures/erases. Otherwise whm does hastes and cures, brds and cors each have a person to erase and do emergency cures. Dark Threnody, etc. are your friends for helping land sleeps/debuffs at higher levels.

One DD opens, the other DD watches TP and follows to close the SC. THF/dnc to keep himself alive and for Stutter & Quick Steps. The Thf can DD and ws on the lesser mobs, but should only be doing TH and steps on the NMs. (If the Thf's inventory will support it, I'd recommend using Choreia Earring to help with step accuracy.)

Notes:
Each NM is assisted by two... assistants. General strategy is to clear the trash, then focus on one of the assistants as a time (while keeping the NM slept), then the NM. The exception to this is when fighting the Mega Boss (or you're low on time). In that case, then you just want to babysit all the trash and kill the NM. This is also how we handle the adds the mega boss spawns. Fodder can easily be slept by a brd w/ full macc sets without NT. (Highest I've personally done is 133.) Last night I did a 134 run where the (mythic) bard used NT and then slept the trash. With all that in mind, the NM will resist/are immune to light based sleeps at higher levels, so it's best to use Elemental Seal.

Moves:
Glutinous Dart - Damage & Slow
Saurian Swamp - Damage, Bind & Slow
Velkkan Pygmachia - (Stun this) up to 4 hit damage & each successful hit is a dispel. (If you have to choose one not to stun, I'd pick this one.)
Death Spin - (Stun this) Damage & Defense Down (also Knockback)
Saurian Slide - (STUN THIS) Damage, Strips Weapons & temporary Weapon Encumbrance.
There's also two "Jungle (something)" moves. One is damage and bind. The other is Curse/Paralyze/Viruna. The second one has an animation of flowers and thorns come up in a circle on the ground around him when he uses it.

Sorry, I'm tired and that's all I can think of atm.

In case you didn't have it before:
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-08 00:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

God Stealthslayer is no joke in 131. With 1098 accuracy, distract II and Geo-Torpor, I was whiffing Camlanns left and right. I whiffed 5 Camlanns so i switched to Stardiver which was doing <1500 and I even whiffed a Stardiver entirely at least once. I was in max acc and probably hitting him like 50%, it was pathetic. Was only able to land consistantly when Feint was applied, was a longer fight than other NMs.

Also most mobs con low or neutral evasion, including most Adherents but certain adherents, maybe Brawny adherents(whichever ones do Mighty Strikes) con High Evasion even with ~1020 acc(mid acc set for me).

Using 1020 acc set for most of the incursion and i ended up with a ~83% hit rate for the whole run so at higher levels might need to use torpor or madrigals or hunters roll a lot more and dds definitely need multiple layers of acc sets.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-08 00:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been using Soul Voice Madrigals for him lately.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-08 00:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks to waste 1hr on a non boss NM but I guess there's no choice at higher tiers.

And to the guy above, skillchains ARE huge. I get so annoyed when a SAM does fudo and i'm about to close darkness with stardiver to kill the mob from 70% health and a MNK or THF does a 4k ws that doesnt chain bringing it down to like 40 or 50 and then my stardiver brings it to like 20. Skillchains lately spike high, sometimes 10-14ks off of a 7 or 8k ws. The fewer the dds the better, especially if its 2 or 3 max and they consciously watch the log and eachothers tp to continuously sc off eachother. Things die muchhhhh faster when you sc instead of spam ws especially since sc damage cant be resisted. For the doubters that are out there that just spam ws, just try to skillchain light or dark with a small group of 6-8 players and watch how much faster everything dies. Trust me.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-08 01:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Sucks to waste 1hr on a non boss NM but I guess there's no choice at higher tiers.

And to the guy above, skillchains ARE huge. I get so annoyed when a SAM does fudo and i'm about to close darkness with stardiver to kill the mob from 70% health and a MNK or THF does a 4k ws that doesnt chain bringing it down to like 40 or 50 and then my stardiver brings it to like 20. Skillchains lately spike high, sometimes 10-14ks off of a 7 or 8k ws. The fewer the dds the better, especially if its 2 or 3 max and they consciously watch the log and eachothers tp to continuously sc off eachother. Things die muchhhhh faster when you sc instead of spam ws especially since sc damage cant be resisted. For the doubters that are out there that just spam ws, just try to skillchain light or dark with a small group of 6-8 players and watch how much faster everything dies. Trust me.
I mean if you are just Fudo spamming you are likely SCing anyways so I don't see a problem. The only time it should really be a problem is if you take jobs that either lack a good SC WS or gain TP slower than their partner.
[+]
By gregchiro2013 2014-10-08 03:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

2 solid SAM Fudo spamming only DD you need.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-08 03:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

1 solid SAM doing proper SCs can be even better
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-08 07:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Teleniel said: »
Cor (Hunters/Rogues)

I highly doubt rogue's roll is a good DD roll worth using in this case, since most of the pt uses SAM as main DD.

If you're not capping attack, chaos is usually better than rogues.

Even if you're capping attack, it may still not beat other options like Allies roll, for SAM at least. SAM doesn't use crit-hit WS, at least 80% of SAM's output came from WS, extra crit-hit doesn't help much.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-08 08:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely not capping attack in higher levels, mobs are IT starting at 127. Either chaos/hunters or hunters/allies, depending on if geo is doing def down or eva down and it you have a bard or not. Allied rolled 30% on an 11 can be quite a boost if theres a lot of fudo>fudo action happening.

I know it's against social norms but if your whm doesnt have yagrush, and you're running to NM, consider having the WHM stay in Afflatus: Misery and stay next to DD's. Having the WHM hit with defense down or Slow lets them remove 2-3 ailments with Esuna(AoE) and Cura III is quite MP efficient for healing after a Death Spin or a Firaga III or whatever.

When I go with my LS, i go with a brd/smn for songs/hastega and the whm stays in afflatus misery; can esuna everyone's defense down and slow at the same time and brd can hastega all dds simultaneously. Trust me, the WHM saves more MP by dds killing faster and not having defense down and slow, than they would save from a bit of cureskin. Also most aoes from fodder are t strong enough to kill a whm so cura is pretty good. This is for running between NMs since its a clusterfu*ck anyway and mobs arent oneshotting the whm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-10-08 09:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's against social norms but if your whm doesnt have yagrush, and you're running to NM, consider having the WHM stay in Afflatus: Misery and stay next to DD's. Having the WHM hit with defense down or Slow lets them remove 2-3 ailments with Esuna(AoE) and Cura III is quite MP efficient for healing after a Death Spin or a Firaga III or whatever.

When I go with my LS, i go with a brd/smn for songs/hastega and the whm stays in afflatus misery; can esuna everyone's defense down and slow at the same time and brd can hastega all dds simultaneously. Trust me, the WHM saves more MP by dds killing faster and not having defense down and slow, than they would save from a bit of cureskin. Also most aoes from fodder are t strong enough to kill a whm so cura is pretty good. This is for running between NMs since its a clusterfu*ck anyway and mobs arent oneshotting the whm.
^Great suggestion, however this strategy assumes your whm has decent -dt and doesn't die instantly to a high level zone (and also that the brd(s) are able to give ballads, etc.)
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-08 15:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even. The only aoe the whm should be getting his with is aoe nukes and death spin. If they eat a taco when you enter, whm should he at around 700-800ish defense with ilvl idle gear. Just sacrifice+esuna to take off binds and slows ftw and use curas which are great potency for their mp when the damage is capped(doesnt take long)
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-08 15:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just stun them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-08 15:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely not capping attack in higher levels, mobs are IT starting at 127. Either chaos/hunters or hunters/allies, depending on if geo is doing def down or eva down and it you have a bard or not. Allied rolled 30% on an 11 can be quite a boost if theres a lot of fudo>fudo action happening.

How come everyone and their mother kept saying allies roll is 30% >.>

According to bg-wiki it's 25% at No.11, with additional 5% from gants and another 5% from +5 ring, thus it's 35%.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-08 19:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Just stun them.
Yeah I don't get why people think debuffs are such a big deal, if you are running this event you really need a strategy to not be debuffed. Stun is obviously the optimal way to do this, Vex/Attune can also work too, using things like Misery or Blus for Winds of Promy just isn't worth it.

As far as rolls, why not Samurai's? Should beat Rogues for mythic owners anyways. Fighters for non mythic owners, Chaos if you need the attack obviously.
By Zoltar 2014-10-08 21:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

-Have a reliable puller

-Have a reliable sleeper

-Turn your goddamn autotarget off if you're DD

-Have a main assist, assist them only if you're DD

-Bring remedies, lots of remedies
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-11 08:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Just stun them.
Yeah I don't get why people think debuffs are such a big deal, if you are running this event you really need a strategy to not be debuffed. Stun is obviously the optimal way to do this, Vex/Attune can also work too, using things like Misery or Blus for Winds of Promy just isn't worth it.

As far as rolls, why not Samurai's? Should beat Rogues for mythic owners anyways. Fighters for non mythic owners, Chaos if you need the attack obviously.

I'd like to share some opinion about roll choices in general:

Samurai's roll is a fine choice, for none mythic DDs, is still a bit inferior to DA, but it's better than DA for COR itself and it's incredibly close to DA. If I don't have time to put up roll rotations I'd just do Chaos+SAM for everyone, since it's often DPS lose with 3 roll rotation. It also got 100% chance job bonus since almost every pt uses SAM now, but DA only get 50% chance job bonus without WAR.

Based on the spreadsheet number, assuming all rolls has no snake eye/fold JA to increase avg potency, for tsuru sam, avg chaos roll is 23% increase, fighter's roll is 6%, samurai's roll is 5%. I can't find the data for rogue's roll, on FFXI wiki it says no.11 rogue's roll is 25% crit-hit rate, on bg-wiki it says 14% crit-hit rate at no.11. Assuming ffxi wiki's data is correct, rogue's roll is 4% increase.

In situations that SAM isn't soloing SC/zerging with JA, according to some parses I had, SC seems to parse around 20%~35% of SAM's own dmg if there are 3~4 DD spamming WS at 1000 TP. Adding those numbers, allies roll gave around 5~6% increase when SC doing 33% of SAM's dmg.

It seems that anything that's not chaos roll doesn't make a huge difference unless SAM is doing solo SC, so just pick whichever roll fits the situation the most. Allies when zerging/solo SC with JA, DA for tsuru SAM if there's time to do roll rotation, SAM for mythic DD and COR itself if there are no time to do rotation. Rogues' roll isn't that useful to SAM(nor COR). If the pt isn't using chaos roll, leader may as well don't bring a COR.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-11 09:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How about Miser's Roll (if more than one Tsusmaru SAM), or Tactician's Roll?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-11 09:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How about Miser's Roll (if more than one Tsusmaru SAM), or Tactician's Roll?

Haven't check Miser,tact is kinda ***when your WS animation last longer than TP phrase.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-11 09:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this these findings Miser's Roll with Ring is +750 Save TP? Not sure if these are accounting for TP decimal change. Ionis is +10(+100) and Tsusmaru is +250.

Supposedly Save TP caps at 50 but if a SAM has 50 Save TP from Miser's they can switch to a higher base damage Anahera Blade since they'll be capped anyway. Also makes Kogas even more ridic.

Tactician's is 6tp/tick which is pretty sweet.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2014-10-11 10:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this these findings Miser's Roll with Ring is +750 Save TP? Not sure if these are accounting for TP decimal change. Ionis is +10(+100) and Tsusmaru is +250.

Supposedly Save TP caps at 50 but if a SAM has 50 Save TP from Miser's they can switch to a higher base damage Anahera Blade since they'll be capped anyway. Also makes Kogas even more ridic.

Nope. its 75 not 750 also a lucky roll (5) is 275 with ring(+5) equiped and an 11 is 325 with ring(+5). Save TP cap would be 500 now post TP update.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-11 10:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well adding in Ionis's +100 would be 425 save tp, wonder if that alone would warrant switching to Anahera Blade since Anahera Blade+Miser's+Ionis=425 and Tsusmaru with Ionis and fighter/Chaos=350. So if receiving Miser's and Ionis, wouldnt Anahera be better (or would using tsusumaru to cap out at 500 be better?)
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-11 13:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think bothering to attempt to sc is as good of an idea as just making sure thf has Rudras unlocked and all melee use Lv3 sc ws only like fudo, hi, rudras, wildfire, stardiver I think all open and close so can just spam ws np whatsoever and scs will go off on thier own w/o waiting on tp wasting time worrying about such.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 13:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsurur and Ana would be 3 hit ws.

Tsuru miss ws - still has tp would win overtime probs eye balling
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2014-11-18 22:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever seen a message pop up after killing mobs about obtaining Gil and Bayld?
Today While doing a run we had a message pop up in grey saying you obtain 425 bayld and 250 gil. After each mob, but when i checked my currency there was no change.

Glitch maybe?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [94 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-20 15:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For people still doing Incursion, a new addon called "AnnounceTarget" has been released for Windower.
The goal of the addon is currently expanding but the initial one (and the only currently implemented one) was created for incursion.

The goal of the addon is to announce in chatmode the job and buffs of Adherent mobs.
As you cycle through targets, AnnounceTarget will recognize Adherent mobs and will announce in your selected chatmode their Job and the buff they give to their linked boss (+eva, +attack, +meva, +regain etc).

You can select the chatmode or preference (echo, linkshell, party, say etc) and you can choose between Automode and Manualmode.
Manual command is always available, and will announce for your current target.
Automode can be turned on and off. When on, it will automatically announce when you select an adherent mob as your target.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-20 15:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the target announcement aspect although, I know this is pessimistic, but what inherent benefit is there to knowing the boss has regain or 50% pdt besides wanting to slit your wrists?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-20 16:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this matters for really high level Incursion, but at least up to 130 it basically can change the type of buffs you give to your DDs.
Since I usually coordinate buffs for myself and for the other buffers in my LS alliance I found it annoying that I was never remember what the *** each Adherent gave, and people eyeballing stuff and asking for different buffs was just confusing me.

So I thought it would've been useful for me to know which buffs the bosses get so I can act accordingly and handle those situations where I know I want to marcato some things rather than others, use a double or single madrigal, bother to threnody, and likewise on GEO and COR if we get one.

I dunno, it's nothing great or other people would've created it earlier of course, but I always felt like I would've liked it so I kinda made one.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By Mooserocka 2015-03-28 11:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question do the drops gear wise get better the higher level content you tackle?
First Page 2