Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 110 111 112
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-12-10 01:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurgelmir Orb +1 VS Ginsen

Ginsen- acc+5 att+10 STP+3

Aurgelmir +1 about acc+6 att+16 and STP+5

so yes Aurgelmir is worth getting ^^
+ and little bit of DEF
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-10 02:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

"Worth" is to be seen. If crafters decide it has a 100m price tag, it's absolutely not worth getting.
[+]
By Gasho 2019-12-14 13:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hello,

can anyone post Impulse Drive set please

thanks.
By SimonSes 2019-12-14 13:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
"Worth" is to be seen. If crafters decide it has a 100m price tag, it's absolutely not worth getting.

This ammo has also other uses. Its bis ammo for many WSs on many jobs, so I wouldnt be surprised if the price gonna be big and many people will buy it.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-14 14:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
Depends on how much gil you have and what else you have to buy. I'd buy it for 100m.
By Ozaii 2019-12-15 15:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gasho said: »
hello,

can anyone post Impulse Drive set please

thanks.

ItemSet 370214
This will do you wonders. I use both the valorous pieces because i got lucky dm augs with great wsdam and such on them. Also the earring choice should be moonshade and thrud. But if you have a lua that equips the ishvara and thrud when you have max tp they will be better at max tp.
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2019-12-17 23:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Throwing it out there for what it's worth since it's not on the wiki and we have another "Wyvern: Lv.+1" gear available with the Dreki Ring. Wyvern: Lv:+1 is HP+9 Att+29 Acc+37 Def+49 Eva+26. The hp and attack increase by the percents listed on the wiki as the wyvern levels up to a total of HP+12 and Att+36 at max. These stats do not remain if you unequip the the item so it doesn't work for "Call Wyvern" (tested with Dragoon's Collar). If someone is savvy with the wiki and would like to add this to the Wyvern (Dragoon Pet) page that would be helpful.

The new ring will have minor uses in pet hp sets such as Healing Breath, Steady Wing, and Spirit Surge. Unknown if it adds any pet macc, not going to test that anytime soon. However, I'll use it in my Elemental breath set just in case.
[+]
By Kirinkage 2019-12-17 23:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Good info, I never thought about the ring for healing breath
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-18 03:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
Aurgelmir Orb +1 VS Ginsen

Ginsen- acc+5 att+10 STP+3

Aurgelmir +1 about acc+6 att+16 and STP+5

so yes Aurgelmir is worth getting ^^
+ and little bit of DEF

The real question is cost though, and the +1 is likely to be through the roof. So, BiS but subjective on whether it's "worth" getting to a particular player.

I suspect that prices/availability for HQ will be such that the FAR more common consideration would be NQ orb versus Ginsen, which is a pretty miniscule difference:

Ginsen: Acc+5 Atk+10 STP+3
Aurgelmir: STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5 Atk+7 STP+4

Which basically breaks down to 1~2 more Acc on Ginsen versus 1 more STP on NQ Aurgelmir. Do with that information what you will, when making your multi-million gil expenditure decisions...
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-12-19 13:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish the Wyvern Level+1 was changed to "Call Wyvern +1" so it would work when summoning it. But that would make too much sense.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2020-01-04 17:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I have nothing better to do I tested the Dreki Ring to confirm it’s the same boost to wyvern stats as the Dragoon’s Collar. However, stacking the two yields slightly different results. Shown below are the stat increases vs. a level 119 wyvern.

Level 120 Wyvern: HP+9 Att+29 Acc+37 Def+49 Eva+26

Level 121 Wyvern: HP+17 Att+57 Acc+74 Def+100 Eva+52

As you can see not all values are exactly doubled. These are base values before wyvern parameter increases from leveling up from Spirit Link etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-01-04 18:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Darcain said: »
Since I have nothing better to do I tested the Dreki Ring to confirm it’s the same boost to wyvern stats as the Dragoon’s Collar. However, stacking the two yields slightly different results. Shown below are the stat increases vs. a level 119 wyvern.

Level 120 Wyvern: HP+9 Att+29 Acc+37 Def+49 Eva+26

Level 121 Wyvern: HP+17 Att+57 Acc+74 Def+100 Eva+52

As you can see not all values are exactly doubled. These are base values before wyvern parameter increases from leveling up from Spirit Link etc.
More underwhelming gear from SE. I suppose with both of these actually being usable as TP gear, your wyvern would get a significant acc boost at least. But wyvern melee dps...

I wish there was a not horrible way to test the macc gains from wyvern level. If it's anything like the physical acc+ both pieces would be best in slot for elemental breaths.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-04 21:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they clearly made it like that for more of this;

YouTube Video Placeholder

Lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-01-05 05:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching a wyvern hit that fast was hilarious, though. lol.

I'm assuming some amount of pet: Haste gear was involved? I think my wyvern has had capped magic haste plenty of times, but it never hit that fast even with AM3.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-05 10:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I wish there was a not horrible way to test the macc gains from wyvern level. If it's anything like the physical acc+ both pieces would be best in slot for elemental breaths.
Back with the pet iLv Acc update, they added a baseline Acc+/Racc+/Macc+ terms in addition to the original just base stat+. We assume that it's roughly the same as the Acc+ since they made no note of a difference. (They really need to add an effective Macc term to /checkparam.)
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2020-01-05 11:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought about testing wyvern Lv.+1 breath macc but doubt I’ll get around to actually doing it. To even prove there is a change in macc would be a step in the right direction. Figuring out exactly how much will be a different story. For now I’ll use the Dreki Ring in my Smiting Breath sets just in case.

And yes Martel, I had cap pet gear haste in the video.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2020-01-13 12:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They really should make wyvern+1 gear just simply be "Enhances Call Wyvern effect" and make it work like the Wyrm Mail subjob where you set it and forget it.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-01-13 14:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be amazing. If it was just set it and forget. Would make the extra stp from spirit link mid fight nice. Since itll hit more often.
By Ozaii 2020-01-18 09:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have setups for any unique solos? Or any recomendations of solos with trusts that are fun?
By Ozaii 2020-02-02 00:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought I would share here a subtle blow set or two. Since this seems to be important now days.

ItemSet 371152

ItemSet 371151
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-02 01:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

it's only "now days" because MNK got buffed and people actually see the difference it made
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-02-02 01:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea for sure. I just never see any drgs post anything about it unfortunately. And figured I would give my hand at it.
By Kirinkage 2020-02-17 18:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a 6 step that drg can do for omen mobs ws wise?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-17 18:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

penta > double > penta > double

Quint spear so they don't die
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-02-21 00:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So did kei on drg as sole tank and sole dd a bit ago. Was very amusing. Sub war so haste was a fun thing to manage. Imagine sub sam would obviously be better but then you got to manage the hate through damage a little better and coordinate a bit more.
By SimonSes 2020-02-21 02:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei is generally easy to kill on any DD now as solo DD/tank. I mean people are killing it solo with trusts on NIN and SAM (or should I say one person is killing them like that XD).
By Ruaumoko 2020-02-21 02:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Thought I would share here a subtle blow set or two. Since this seems to be important now days.

ItemSet 371152

ItemSet 371151
Something to take into account is that DRG actually hits PDIF through the Attack/Defense Ratio pretty easily. If paired with another DD who can likewise hit PDIF in the same manner Chaos Roll loses some of its luster and Monk's Roll will instantly cap the base Subtle Blow value, at which point Dagon/Sherida/Niqmaddu will fully cap you. Alternatively, if you have a SMN in the group in place of a GEO, something I've been experimenting with recently with good results, and PDIF is still met then Siren's Favor coupled with Auspice will get you there.
By SimonSes 2020-02-21 03:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Something to take into account is that DRG actually hits PDIF through the Attack/Defense Ratio pretty easily. If paired with another DD who can likewise hit PDIF in the same manner Chaos Roll loses some of its luster and Monk's Roll will instantly cap the base Subtle Blow value, at which point Dagon/Sherida/Niqmaddu will fully cap you. Alternatively, if you have a SMN in the group in place of a GEO, something I've been experimenting with recently with good results, and PDIF is still met then Siren's Favor coupled with Auspice will get you there.

If you have Auspice, MNK rolls seems to be a waste tho. 2x Chirich + Dignitary earring will cap you and there is no way to beat Fighter's roll then by switching those pieces to something else.

EDIT: Actually you want Niq for sbII, so you still need 10% somewhere. Still making some swap to subtle blow somewhere, paired with fighter's roll would be better.
By Ozaii 2020-02-21 11:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Kei is generally easy to kill on any DD now as solo DD/tank. I mean people are killing it solo with trusts on NIN and SAM (or should I say one person is killing them like that XD).

Mainly made the post since I saw like a page or two back people were questioning if dragoon could even? So I thought I would share a post confirming it is absolutely doable. Very flexible job drg is.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 110 111 112