Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 110 111 112
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-03-14 11:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No REMA here,

The polearms I have:

- Annealed Lance
- Reienkyo w/ QA+2 augment
- Habile Mazrak
- Olyndicus w/ good augments (don't remember atm)

Almost all the time, I'm using Annealed Lance.
This is also the only pulse weapon I have in hand atm.

Does it worthto convert it into the ambu polearm ?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-14 11:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

"worth it" = question for you to decide. I had no personal attachments to any of my glow weapons, so it was easy to toss up the dueces.
 Asura.Patb
Server: Asura
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2019-03-14 12:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Gorns said: »
No REMA here,

The polearms I have:

- Annealed Lance
- Habile Mazrak

I mean, just from a weapon stats perspective trading in the annealed to make the ambu would be an improvement

DPS: 3695 DMG:303 Delay:492 STR+20 Attack+40 Polearm skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Regain"+15

DPS: 4162 DMG:333 Delay:480 DEX+20 INT+20 MND+20 Accuracy+40 Attack+30 Magic Accuracy+40 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+21 Magic Damage+226 Polearm skill +250 Parrying skill +250 Magic Accuracy skill +250

Higher polearm skill, higher base damage, slightly lower delay (which could change your builds), more acc, more att. It seems like its an upgrade in almost every way.
By Cronnus 2019-03-14 13:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Cronnus said: »
SimonSes said: »
That would be the set I would consider using with low TP Impulse if I had all pieces. If someone can test that, that would be cool :P

ItemSet 365593

So my valorous feet are 5% crit damage (probably needs changed to crit rate). I do not have Dgn Collar or Dagon.
In place of those all I have is Lustratio Harness +1 (double attack and STR path. Probably need to switch to crit path). Cape is WSD and STR 30. Neck I don't have anything remotely close to mimic 4% crit and that kind of STR. So it was basically open :(

100 WS's and I probably only saw an average of 20k (low TP). Had two spike to 43k and 47k on apex bats in dho gates(3k TP). I even would use stardiver to lower their crit evasion. Never really saw any difference there.

I really can't see how this weapon beats rema. Unless maybe in a party setup with Rogue roll and Ramuh favor? Otherwise self skillchaining seems far superior.

Was that 3k TP WS in 50%+ WSD gear? or same set as for low tp?

Rogue roll is a must imo. Also optimal use of this weapon is WSing at 2000+ with WSD and Rogue roll. Its really about party composition too. If you pair this polearm user with COR GEO BRD DNC WHM, DNC can use Tauret and do Feather Step and both DNC and Polearm user will benefit from Rogue roll and Feather Step.

From practical perspective this polearm was used by Ejin on SAM in his Dynamis yesterday and he was saying that he never saw volte dying so fast in his previous attempts. His avg on Volte mobs was 42k. He was holding TP to 2000-3000, which for SAM is still objectively high WS frequency.

Ah, Yeah I forgot to mention that. The 43k and 47k at 3k TP was using the same set. So just 10% wsd from the cape when I got those.
That's why I feel the polearm will probably shine better for Sam and War, but I'm still beginning at Drg. I'm sure there's someone on here who could test it more properly
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-03-14 14:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »
Valefor.Gorns said: »
No REMA here,

The polearms I have:

- Annealed Lance
- Habile Mazrak

I mean, just from a weapon stats perspective trading in the annealed to make the ambu would be an improvement

DPS: 3695 DMG:303 Delay:492 STR+20 Attack+40 Polearm skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Regain"+15

DPS: 4162 DMG:333 Delay:480 DEX+20 INT+20 MND+20 Accuracy+40 Attack+30 Magic Accuracy+40 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+21 Magic Damage+226 Polearm skill +250 Parrying skill +250 Magic Accuracy skill +250

Higher polearm skill, higher base damage, slightly lower delay (which could change your builds), more acc, more att. It seems like its an upgrade in almost every way.

Trade it for Shining one. No contest
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-03-14 15:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply, I've been lazy and didn't even looked at the base stats /facepalm
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-14 18:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people are putting way too much emphasis on the crits.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-14 18:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think gearing for crit is a mistake. I'll fully endorse rogues roll though.
By Cronnus 2019-03-14 19:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You might be right. Ramuh Favor I didn't see any difference. But Ifrits favor I saw a better result with.
By SimonSes 2019-03-14 19:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean for me there is 2 use cases for this polearm and Impulse Drive.

1st is using STR, multi-attack and crit at low TP
2nd is using WSD, STR at high TP

and in 1st set I would only go for crit pieces when they add a lot, while also having high everything else.

So Flamma hands has 8% crit rate, but also 31 STR with set bonus.
Emp +1 legs has 11% crit damage, but also 41 STR.
Valorous feet can have 5%crit rate, 4% crit damage, but also 27 STR.

I just think big bonuses to crit can be competitive vs mediocre bonuses to multi-attack at low TP, while not really vs WSD at high TP.

High TP set would look like this:

ItemSet 365613
By Ozaii 2019-03-15 01:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For a tp set, i am just using a 5 hit with more ma set like i do with gungnir. Anyone else think this seems right for shining one or should i try for a 4hit instead like i do trishula to push more damage. Also does it seem better to just hold till 2k ish then ws or just do like stardiver?
By Cronnus 2019-03-15 06:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
For a tp set, i am just using a 5 hit with more ma set like i do with gungnir. Anyone else think this seems right for shining one or should i try for a 4hit instead like i do trishula to push more damage. Also does it seem better to just hold till 2k ish then ws or just do like stardiver?

If you're soloing, you're way better off with Tris and self sc. You can probably 3 or 4 shot apex SC. shining would take like 7 or 8 impulses, and you're waiting till 2k.impulse is only gonna shine in massively buffed events spamming ws with other people.
Now I dont have a Tris to know. But drakes > cam > cam (for a 0 JP drg with no JSE) I'm taking apex down 50-70% with shining one. I don't know if that has anything to do with those ws criting.
By SimonSes 2019-03-15 08:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're soloing, you're way better off with Tris and self sc. You can probably 3 or 4 shot apex SC. shining would take like 7 or 8 impulses, and you're waiting till 2k.impulse is only gonna shine in massively buffed events spamming ws with other people.
Now I dont have a Tris to know. But drakes > cam > cam (for a 0 JP drg with no JSE) I'm taking apex down 50-70% with shining one. I don't know if that has anything to do with those ws criting.

3000TP Impulse will probably have like 50k avg at apex bats even with trusts buffs, so its not even close to 7-8 impulses to kill one. More like 3 probably.
By Ozaii 2019-03-15 10:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea of course trish is the go to for scing. But this didnt really answer the questiion asked though.. Im more curious because I do play in alot of situations where everyone is wsing, from the war to the bards. Am more so curious about which tp set people think would compliment the weapon more a 4 hit or a 5 hit with more ma than the 4 hit.

By Ozaii 2019-03-15 13:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After thinking on the subject a bit. I think a 4 hit build might be optimal for this weapon since it doesnt really get any bonuses like gungnir or rhongo do that make white damage significant. So more stp for more ws seems better.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-03-15 15:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

After thinking on the subject a bit. I think a 4 hit build might be optimal for this weapon since it doesnt really get any bonuses like gungnir or rhongo do that make white damage significant. So more stp for more ws seems better.

Got the wrong idea Tex. For this weapon to be effect on DRG you need to WS @ 2~3000 TP otherwise Stardiver takes the cake.

In situations where you are able to let your jumps cool down between pulls - this weapon wrecks ***. Additionally if you are in escha and the fight will be less than 2 minutes, this weapon will wreck butts because of people popping wings, your jumps, etc. At 3000 TP, ID with this weapon is merciless, but you shouldn't be in the game of waiting for 3k TP on DRG.

Any sustained DPS situation would require a legitimate 2-hit build to out-perform Trishula. With a 3-hit and weaponskilling at 2k it came very close to beating Trish's total DPS, but still lost.
By Ozaii 2019-03-15 16:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah i see. That is pretty sad then.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-15 16:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you think Store TP would be more effective for building TP then Multi-Attack?
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-03-16 10:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I still believe the best use of this weapon for DRG is 3k TP start burns, where you hit a 3k ID, then swap weapons.
By Ozaii 2019-03-19 19:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Why do you think Store TP would be more effective for building TP then Multi-Attack?
Really just cuz its not pushing as much white damage as gungnir and also it just feels more reliable then the gungnir ma build. Although theres prob a better build for it then what i use for gungnir. I just stuck to that though. This is strictly drg though. What it feels is best after toying with it for a bit in ambu vd and stuff. Is nice when the niq ring procs on the 4 hit or the triple attack with the weapon. But i do agree that trish seems much better when the ja's arent up.
By Ozaii 2019-03-21 19:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I still believe the best use of this weapon for DRG is 3k TP start burns, where you hit a 3k ID, then swap weapons.
This 100% seems best use for it. Although burning jumps and all first also.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-03-24 10:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason I assumed the crit rate bonus was simply for Impulse Drive, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone messed around with Stardiver spam on the Shining One? Also, with the crit unlocked, do we know if that can be improved with crit rate gear, or is it stuck to the amount the weapon gives only?
By SimonSes 2019-03-24 10:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
For some reason I assumed the crit rate bonus was simply for Impulse Drive, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone messed around with Stardiver spam on the Shining One? Also, with the crit unlocked, do we know if that can be improved with crit rate gear, or is it stuck to the amount the weapon gives only?

All this was already answered many times here.

Bonus on weapon is around:
+10% at 1000TP
+20-25% at 3000TP

Everything including atmas, rolls, gear, abilities etc. affect critical hit rate the same way like for every other WS that can crit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-24 15:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Really just cuz its not pushing as much white damage as gungnir and also it just feels more reliable then the gungnir ma build.

Store TP and Multi-Attack do the exact same thing, except MA also adds damage.

Something like this, though the exact amounts vary based on if you have Samurai's Roll or not.
2 DA > 2 Store TP > 1 DA > 1 Store TP
By Ozaii 2019-03-24 23:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Really just cuz its not pushing as much white damage as gungnir and also it just feels more reliable then the gungnir ma build.

Store TP and Multi-Attack do the exact same thing, except MA also adds damage.

Something like this, though the exact amounts vary based on if you have Samurai's Roll or not.
2 DA > 2 Store TP > 1 DA > 1 Store TP

Yea but after a certian amount of da it really is just better for the job to build for the x hit builds though. And again the white damage is not as great as gungnir. So going for a 4 hit just feels better off especially when the niqmaddu ring procs and brings you up 1k tp or da procs and brings ya half that. Vs getting 400 from da proc and 800 from the qa attack proc.

ItemSet 352477

Heres the tp set i just made minor adjustments to for shining one. Swap out the pants too if you get good valor augs on pants. I just havent yet. And can swap the telos out for cessence or brutal too maybe. Also use petrov not flamma i just havent changed it. Maybe if the weapon was better off for drg and the goal was just to hit 1k tp then ws then the 5 hit would be better off. But since its goal is to hit 1750 or above you need yhe extra stp for it to perform to its max for the job really.

That set brings drg to 39% da including wyvern buff while maintaining a 4 hit. Cessence brings it to 41%. And 44% with brutal, idk if with cessance and brutal are 4 hit still though but the minor da are meh. Idk i prefer consistancy over a random chance though. You do you. I just dont think the white damage of shining one is worth a 5 hit.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-24 23:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

]itemset[number]/itemset[ just switch the brakets.

ItemSet 352477
By Ozaii 2019-03-24 23:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thanks man. I wil try to edit that in rq. Swapped out the flamma for the petrov.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-24 23:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but after a certian amount of da it really is just better for the job to build for the x hit builds though.

There is no amount of DA that happens at, it's simply a problem of average TP gain. Multi-Attack + 5-hit (WS+4) will perform better then a 4-hit (WS+3), especially when we use Samurai's Roll.

Because of diminishing returns, each tier of x-hit takes higher and higher amounts of Store TP to reach, once your at 4-hit it's very difficult if not impossible to reach 3-hit based on pure Store TP, but if your at a 5-hit then Samurai's Roll will put you at a 4-hit.

High MA + 5-hit + Samurai's Roll = High MA + 4-hit
Low MA + 4-hit + Samurai's Roll = Low MA + 4-hit, just with extra TP overflow.

It's all about averaged TP gain per minute.
By Ozaii 2019-03-24 23:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tp overflows nice for the ws though so i dont see the issue. And what about the fact it also isnt a ws in which you will be tossing out at less then 1750 tho my dude? I am just not understanding how it does better for a ws where the difference in tp can mean upwards of many thousand damage.
By Ozaii 2019-03-25 00:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still hit a 4 hit set with the brutal instead of the telos earring. Just 251 a swing but it still works.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 110 111 112