Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 110 111 112
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-12-14 14:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Wave 3. Is it possible to empathy reraise?

No way to really know unless it actually survives Odin.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-14 14:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I am 99% sure it does take the reraise buff but it does not actually make the wyvern reraise.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-14 17:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I am 99% sure it does take the reraise buff but it does not actually make the wyvern reraise.
Right, but if it takes the buff it could let wyvern survive Shin Zantetsuken.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-14 18:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh touche. Then maybe it doesn't actually take it, because I spirit link consistently and it always kills her. I'd have to assume she would have had it least sometime.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-12-16 00:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are finding value in this wyvern DT, then awesome. I love when people make gear sets to solve in-game problems. But I have done a lot of Dynamis on DRG and with a few exceptions, the only time Lady dies is when I do. This is just worth normal Spirit Link and Steady Wing Maintenance. I try and have a Steady Wing up vs BLU, WAR, and DRG. I use a 25% DT Hybrid set for the entire runs just to make myself more sturdy but that is it.

W3 boss Odin is brutal on her though so I need to make sure I always go into it with Call Wyvern on CD, and there is still some risk of doing the latter part of the fight without her up.

DRG is totally viable for Dynamis, but I am not sure I would go throwing top tier around. A lot of Dynamis run DPS just comes from playing well and being active and fast to engage things moreso than the job you are dpsing in. And when I just look at a final boss parse, our Augmented DP Rostram CORs are noticeably ahead of me. Recent pdif changes may close that gap a little but not all of it. I do seem to outperform them all on fetters but I am not sure that actually matters. But I also think a few of the Wave 2 bosses are not particularly mele friendly the last half of their HP. It can be done with proper buffs I know, but really its just easier to ranged them.

I've had much more problems with the Wyvern getting rocked. This set worked perfectly, I didn't lose him once until Odin. Wyvern gets killed by Odin. You cannot Empathy re-raise.

In standard zerg scenarios on the wave 3 boss (no extra GEOs for malaise/etc, no multiple wizard rolls or party swaps for extra buffs) - I'd posit that DRG is certainly top tier. Working on the exact numbers on it with a few people in shell to update sims using Disjoined boss as the standard (around 15-20min fight). We're trying to figure what the exact attack cap is on this dude.

Within 200k of one of our best players. This is after 2x wyvern deaths to Odin. I was on top for the majority of the fight.

Overall he ended up at 11.8m and myself at 10.1m on the run.

The thing that's killing me is my weaponskill average. I'm currently sitting at around 17~20k WS average on this dude indicating that either I'm severely under attack cap (in which case wtf), or something like that.
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-16 03:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't have Bolstered frailty up the entire time, so I'd wager attack starvation would be the problem.

We've got wyvern boosts as a LR/Berserk stand in, sort of.

But we don't have an answer to Argosy/Ratri+1, Attack Bonus Traits, Smite Traits, or attack bonus job points that WAR/DRK have in spades.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-12-20 10:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it'd be sweet if they made a trait for DRG/THF/RNG/DNC/COR called Armor Piercing that acted like Smite but was instead a 2/5/9/12/15% defense ignore or something, with DRG and RNG getting the highest tier. Just as an answer to the lack of damage buffs/traits compared to DRK and WAR, which have those nice attack multipliers on their WS.
 Valefor.Susake
Server: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2018-12-20 13:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

On any extended fight DRGs ability to play more recklessly thanks to high and super jump allows you to keep up with and beat both DRK and WAR, SAM/drg and COR are the kings of those fights.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-22 10:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK should be able to sub DRG like SAM can and be fine. This is assuming the 3 minute high jump work well enough...I have heard it does but haven't witnessed it. WAR struggles because they need Hasso as they have no innate job haste. Our first ever clear (Jeuno) we had basically a perfect WAR (prior to R15) bite it twice on the boss due to ripping hate. He played RNG for the rest of the clears, with all the COR we rotate the bolstered GEO to malaise and he just uses TF.

That being said, I think most of the recent PDIF changes combined with the necks really help DRG. For one, our Berserk is both full time and increases our defense as opposed to lowering it. And the more buffs/debuffs it takes to hit the cap the more likely Angon is to provide real value to the party.

I would probably pick DRG first for a T3 run from the mele options. But that's debatable, I wouldn't die on that stake. But given COR are still out DPSing us with basically capped DT I have a hard time calling it top tier, especially since DRG is of far more use on the T3 boss than the T2 boss which still needs killed in a T3 run. I basically help with the first 50% then sit back and watch the rest, zone dependent of course. Sandy I don't even touch it at all.

However, an issue here is that a T3 kill is basically a one time event - so 4 kills. It's not like Omen where you will keep doing it. Once you have your clears, there is little reason to re-do them and Dyna timers are much better spent on RP farms and just getting the first boss clears you need on other jobs. So I am not sure how much being good for it matters. I have cleared all 4, and haven't done another T3 kill since. I will probably help another LS of friends get through when they are ready, and can't imagine ever doing it again after that. And this coming from a guy who enjoys it and would happily help anyone who asks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-12-22 13:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Yeah, it'd be sweet if they made a trait for DRG/THF/RNG/DNC/COR called Armor Piercing that acted like Smite but was instead a 2/5/9/12/15% defense ignore or something, with DRG and RNG getting the highest tier. Just as an answer to the lack of damage buffs/traits compared to DRK and WAR, which have those nice attack multipliers on their WS.

Would be nice if piercing weapons actually pierced things/armor, instead of squishy things.

IIRC even FF10 had it right, but some how they went *** backwards with FFXI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-12-22 16:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Regarding Wave 3. Is it possible to empathy reraise?

No way to really know unless it actually survives Odin.

I went out to test if Reraise would transfer to wyvern. I was sub whm and cast RR on myself then proceeded to Spirit Link in an attempt to transfer to wyvern. An hour later I got the message that my RR wore. I waited up to 2hrs to see if it wore on wyvern but I never got a message (when you cast the spells yourself it tells you when they wear). I waited longer because I was using full Spirit Link set which included buff transfer duration. So it appears Reraise doesn’t transfer to wyvern via Spirit Link.

However, I did notice some anomalies while testing this among other things. I put up 8 buffs, each of which I knew transfers to the wyvern from separate testing. 5 buffs transferred as expected, but not in the order as expected from BGwiki (“Buffs are copied in order from left to right along the top of your screen.”). Buffs left to right: Blink, Haste, Protect, Shell, Barfire, Stoneskin, Aquaveil, Regen. Buffs taken: Haste, Protect, Shell, Barfire, Regen. So it would seem some buffs take priority over others.

Another finding was that the relic feet augment extends duration beyond what is listed on wiki. It states increases buff duration by 5% per lvl for a total of 25% but all of my buffs were lasting 50% longer e.g., Protect lasted 45m not 37.5m as expected. I tested with several buffs, all with similar results.

I would appreciate if someone could try to verify any of this information separately as I seem to have conflicting results with BGwiki. Thanks!
PS: JA update coming for DRG, wonder what it will be.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-22 16:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Call wyvern recast reduction and jump timer separations would be nice.
By trinironnie 2018-12-22 19:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a ashitacast profile for DRG?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-22 19:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

not offhand but i can make one
By trinironnie 2018-12-22 20:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Would love it :O
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-22 20:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

anything specific you are looking to have besides ws/tp sets?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-12-23 15:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

adjusting the recast on the JAs would be stellar. Call Wyvern time to 5-10 minutes, Jump and High Jump on seperate timers from Spirit/Soul, and reducing the Super Jump timer would be amazing.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-23 17:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Soul/Spirit are basically capped pdif crit 2x TP return attacks. I am pretty sure using just Jump and High Jump is next useless from a dps perspective. Only value I see is a 3rd hate shed if playing solo with trusts.
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-23 20:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
adjusting the recast on the JAs would be stellar. Call Wyvern time to 5-10 minutes, Jump and High Jump on seperate timers from Spirit/Soul, and reducing the Super Jump timer would be amazing.
This is what I suspect they're doing with DRG JA adjustments.

Super Jump's reuse timer is probably being halved to 1:30.

Not sure they'd separate Jump and High Jump from Spirit and Soul but if they did that'd be an incredible buff to TP gain.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-12-23 21:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

But given COR are still out DPSing us with basically capped DT I have a hard time calling it top tier, especially since DRG is of far more use on the T3 boss than the T2 boss which still needs killed in a T3 run.

DRG is a DPS that literally just doesn't die. If you died on DRG something has gone so wrong that your whole run is in jeopardy or you made a very dumb mistake.

That's what makes it top tier. This week I finished close to 11 million total damage and close to 5 million on the disjoined. (Far and away the top of the charts for disjoined). (I'm rounding up because it sounds better)

For Dynamis, DRG is so consistent that it's very hard NOT to call it top tier.

For the adjustments, I'm not sure it will be a positive adjustment. We're probably in trouble for our 7-12k Spirit/Soul jump damage based on the picture. I imagine they scaled up a lot more than originally intended (They weren't fun at all in Abyssea), so they're probably just going to nerf them which will put DRG back into its place of being loldrg.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-12-23 22:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Soul/Spirit are basically capped pdif crit 2x TP return attacks. I am pretty sure using just Jump and High Jump is next useless from a dps perspective. Only value I see is a 3rd hate shed if playing solo with trusts.

the ability to shed hate really helps in high-hate situations. dyna wave 3 comes to mind when hate is capped.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-23 22:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Soul Jump and Super Jump, with their timers as is, are plenty for the Wave 3 boss in terms of hate shedding.

Our hate shedding is fine as is. If they are going to change things it should be for dps, utlity, or quality of life.
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-12-27 11:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Making Spirit Surge actually increase DPS would be a nice change.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-12-27 12:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI: google translate of the Japanese version of the coming updates says " · Adjust recast time for some abilities" for both DRG and DNC
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-12-27 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

copying this from dnc thread

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
The Japanese update text talks about adjusting recast time for certain abilities for both DRG and DNC. These jobs both have classes of abilities with shared recast timers, so I think the new update might have each ability on its own recast timer.

pretty sure this is gonna split up spirit/soul and jump/high jump recasts

These two jobs are just about the only ones with shared recast abilities, I don't think this is a coincidence
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-27 13:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If they split the reuse timers of the Jumps then that is a substantial buff.
By SimonSes 2018-12-27 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

Mainly to utility tho. You can use high jump to clear hate more often, but from offensive point of view, jump and high jump are not that great.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-12-27 13:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

Mainly to utility tho. You can use high jump to clear hate more often, but from offensive point of view, jump and high jump are not that great.

Seeing as "Jump" would mainly be used to gain a quick burst of TP, it's an offensive buff too

But splitting Jump timers would also have a big effect on Fly High.. so I doubt that's what SE is doing. Having 4 jumps, all on their own timer, would effectively let DRG Jump > Ws, Jump > WS without any delay at all for 30 seconds straight. I can't imagine SE would do that.

I would guess they either lowered the recast on jumps slightly, or finally caved and lowered the recast on Call Wyvern again – which would be nice but probably unnecessary.
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-12-27 14:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE they will probably lower recast for Dragon Breaker
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-27 15:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Seeing as "Jump" would mainly be used to gain a quick burst of TP, it's an offensive buff too

But splitting Jump timers would also have a big effect on Fly High.. so I doubt that's what SE is doing. Having 4 jumps, all on their own timer, would effectively let DRG Jump > Ws, Jump > WS without any delay at all for 30 seconds straight. I can't imagine SE would do that.

I think you havent been playing DRG for a while (me too tbh, but I think my memory is good in that aspect).
Spirit and Soul jump gets huge boost to TP gain (x2 and x3), but Jump and High Jump have regular TP return, so offensively they give you nothing in capped haste scenario, because just auto attacking is faster than taking JA delay in your face. So the only real bonus in capped haste scenario is mainly ability to use high jump often to reset most of hate.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 110 111 112