Server Merge Maybe????

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Server Merge Maybe????
Server Merge Maybe????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Everything is more expensive in JP, not just the computers, on the other hand they also have higher salaries. Price wouldn't stop them from buying a PC.

Yes, because you know everyone's budget.

The point is that it's really hard to have an acceptable living quality nowadays without owning a PC, this isn't the money issue.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Lenovo G500:

You don't need to live in Japan to know that Japanese do pay for computers >.> It's.......common sense.

I know that =/ but It seems like common sense doesn't apply to this guy so I was trying to elaborate myself so I don't look like an ignorant *** :(
Common sense is trumped by facts 100% of the time, sorry.
I haven't seen you provide any facts yet, sorry.

Already provided that computers are more expensive (which you backed up, thanks) based off a reputable source, the rest is extrapolation based on what people can and want to be able to afford.

To a lot of persons: buying a computer to replace something that's working just fine, doesn't make sense.

edit: it also is entirely ignoring the fact that even if they did, it wouldn't change anything at all, which is the main point.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is more expensive in JP, not just the computers, on the other hand they also have higher salaries. Price wouldn't stop them from buying a PC.

The point is that it's really hard to have an acceptable living quality nowadays without owning a PC, this isn't the money issue.
Says who? says you?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lenovo G500:

You don't need to live in Japan to know that Japanese do pay for computers >.> It's.......common sense.

I know that =/ but It seems like common sense doesn't apply to this guy so I was trying to elaborate myself so I don't look like an ignorant *** :(

Already provided that computers are more expensive (which you backed up, thanks) based off a reputable source, the rest is extrapolation based on what people can and want to be able to afford.

To a lot of persons: buying a computer to replace something that's working just fine, doesn't make sense.

edit: it also is entirely ignoring the fact that even if they did, it wouldn't change anything at all, which is the main point.

To replace what?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Says who? says you?

How do you talk to family and friends without PC? How do you use twitter, facebook, visit forum, check news without a PC? How do you do homework without a PC? How do you buy books from Amazon without a PC?

Life is so much easier with computers and internet. Why do you insist Japanese would rather not use it?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

To replace what?
A console.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you talk to family and friends without PC? How do you use twitter, facebook, visit forum, check news without a PC? How do you do homework without a PC? How do you buy books from Amazon without a PC?

Life is so much easier with computers and internet. Why do you insist Japanese would rather not use it?

Family and friends? in person/text

I don't use twitter, I'm not a tool.

I personally visit the forum via a PC but it can be done via a phone easily enough, and a lot of the people who come here do just that.

Can order from amazon via a phone, or just download them directly, or you know: go to the library.

I insist that not everyone wants to use a computer for a game, not just Japanese persons. Hell I know several Americans that don't.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

To replace what?
A console.

Do you do office work like creating a PDF/excel/doc with a console? Lol.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 13:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lenovo G500:

What I provided is at best comparable. And with the lenovo case I added a US link that sells for more expensive. so if anything I'd still say the price is "comparable". And it sure doesn't sound like it's significantly more expensive than US.

And let me remind you that the Apple case I suggested you said it was irrelevant.

I give up replying. I think I fed the troll enough. Thanks for entertaining me during my work hours!
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

To replace what?
A console.

Do you do office work like creating a PDF/excel/doc with a console? Lol.

Which is the entire point of why some don't use computers for games, they use them for work, and you know: at the office. Do you even know what we were talking about?
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally visit the forum via a PC but it can be done via a phone easily enough, and a lot of the people who come here do just that.

But if there is no reason to replace a console with a PC, why would you replace your older generation non "smart" phone with a smart phone? Or better, why would you have a cell phone in the first place when you can use a land line and street phones?
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2014-09-01 13:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So, about this server merge that could potentially happen one day...
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Family and friends? in person/text

I don't use twitter, I'm not a tool.

Can order from amazon via a phone, or just download them directly, or you know: go to the library.

I insist that not everyone wants to use a computer for a game, not just Japanese persons. Hell I know several Americans that don't.

You don't use twitter, JP loves twitter. Guess who's the real person not knowing JP culture!
It's 10x easier to visit forum and send email with a PC. Bigger screen and easier to type. Phone is only useful when you're outside.

Lol@ go to the library in 2014.

I wasn't talking about games, if you're talking about games obviously a console is superior option.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What I provided is at best comparable. And with the lenovo case I added a US link that sells for more expensive. so if anything I'd still say the price is "comparable". And it sure doesn't sound like it's significantly more expensive than US.

And let me remind you that the Apple case I suggested you said it was irrelevant.

I give up replying. I think I fed the troll enough. Thanks for entertaining me during my work hours!

Like I said: I'll take his word over yours.

I don't troll though.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

But if there is no reason to replace a console with a PC, why would you replace your older generation non "smart" phone with a smart phone? Or better, why would you have a cell phone in the first place when you can use a land line and street phones?

You're comparing apples and oranges here.

Most people replace their phones when they die, at least the people that I know.

Why replace something to play a game when what you have works just fine?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-01 13:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Computers in Japan are so rare. Don't go there with a smartphone their minds would be blown.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-01 13:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that turned into a seinfeld episode quickly
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Computers in Japan are so rare. Don't go there with a smartphone their minds would be blown.
Nobody is making that argument Seha, take your salty panties elsewhere.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't use twitter, JP loves twitter. Guess who's the real person not knowing JP culture!
It's 10x easier to visit forum and send email with a PC. Bigger screen and easier to type. Phone is only useful when you're outside.

I wasn't talking about games, if you're talking about games obviously a console is superior option.

I never said I was an expert on their culture?

What's wrong with a library?

We were talking about games, sorry if you can't follow the thread. As that was the whole point.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We were talking about games, sorry if you can't follow the thread. As that was the whole point.

No you weren't. You said JP can't afford computers, that statement isn't relevant to video game.

Even a none gamer needs a PC to do daily work, fact.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-01 13:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Salty panties for whatever reason I instantly thought they would taste like cashews
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No you weren't. You said JP can't afford computers, that statement isn't relevant to video game.

I said some JP can't afford a computer and it was inferred that I meant for gaming, and it was in a conversation about replacing a console with a computer for gaming.

As to your bold: not at all, even me who loves being on the computer can go days without getting on it.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Long story short dude: try to follow the thread.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-01 13:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI runs on even the shittiest pc, who the hell would even need to buy one to play it. Computers exist in every household unless it's a poor family(who wouldn't be paying sub for a game), so let's drop this absurd concept that those poor jp can't afford one just justify playing on ps2.

There are many reasons why you could like playing on ps2 more than on pc, such as wanna stay on the couch rather than at the desk while playing, not liking change, not wanting to buy a new disc, etc. But all that rambling about Japan is just trying too hard to defend your position.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 13:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I said some JP can't afford a computer and it was inferred that I meant for gaming, and it was in a conversation about replacing a console with a computer for gaming.

As to your bold: not at all, even me who loves being on the computer can go days without getting on it.

I was following the thread, more like you changed the direction the moment you made the PC price comment.

You said JP play on PS2 and couldn't afford a PC, which turned the entire conversation into something not just about gaming.

Even if I play FFXI on PS2, I'd still need PC for work and easier internet access, video game is barely relevant in this discussion, even if the original discussion was about video game.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI runs on even the shittiest pc, who the hell would even need to buy one to play it. Computers exist in every household unless it's a poor family(who wouldn't be paying sub for a game), so let's drop this absurd concept that those poor jp can't afford one just justify playing on ps2.

There are many reasons why you could like playing on ps2 more than on pc, such as wanna stay on the couch rather than at the desk while playing, not liking change, not wanting to buy a new disc, etc. But all that rambling about Japan is just trying too hard to defend your position.

It's not hard to defend my position as there are people who can't afford it, or not willing to afford it in lieu of other things. Why replace something to do task X when the device you have to do task X functions perfectly fine?

It is illogical.

As for "any computer can play it" no, no it can't. Granted the requirements are really really low, you still need at least some kick to overcome the issues of it's coding.

So miss Italy, tell me again how things are in Japan?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was following the thread, more like you changed the direction the moment you made the PC price comment.

You said JP play on PS2 and couldn't afford a PC, which turned the entire conversation into something not just about gaming.

Even if I play FFXI on PS2, I'd still need PC for work and easier internet access, video game is barely relevant in this discussion, even if the original discussion was about video game.

Yet it's the entire focus of the discussion, and that fact escapes you.

It's still about playing the game on a PS2 vs PC and why, and I was merely stating facts about why one would chose or be forced to not play it on a PC.

Regardless of your opinion: a PC is not necessary to have.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-01 13:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're holding onto a pc from the 80's yes pretty much any piece of junk can run XI. I used to have one when I started.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're holding onto a pc from the 80's yes pretty much any piece of junk can run XI. I used to have one when I started.
No, no it can't. Not properly.

edit: any new PC, just about, but not any PC. (even in the past 8 years).
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 14:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hard to defend my position as there are people who can't afford it, or not willing to afford it in lieu of other things. Why replace something to do task X when the device you have to do task X functions perfectly fine?

It is illogical.

As for "any computer can play it" no, no it can't. Granted the requirements are really really low, you still need at least some kick to overcome the issues of it's coding.

So miss Italy, tell me again how things are in Japan?

You aren't replacing the PS2 with a PC for gaming, most ppl need it for daily work/internet/bigger screen so they may as well buy a PC.

PC isn't necessary to have, I just don't know many ppl that can't afford one unless they have WAY below avg income.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7