Forum » Windower » Support » Cannot load FFXI
Cannot load FFXI
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-25 13:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I recently had my laptop crashed. That sucked. So my brother rebuilt my pc, and now I have ffxi loaded fully (I think).

I tried logging into ffxi and every time it tries to get me in the game, ffxi crashes. If it matters, I logged out (dc'd) in Outer Ra'z.

However, the button on the login screen shows "Seeker's of Adoulin
highlighted, and im PRETTY sure I bought it through steam previously when I was playing last week. But for some reason, I can't log into the game.

Can anyone give me a list of ideas to troubleshoot through what possibly is wrong with my game?

Yes, I have performed a "Check Files" on ffxi" and playonline, and one file was found under FFXI. I had the file repaired (or it said it attempted to, and to retry if it doesnt work, which is what I'm doing now), but just wondering if I did something silly to my game (again), because last time I installed ffxi from steam, I also could not use vanilla (w/o windower), so this must be something im doing wrong.

Any ideas? Gonna try to boot Vanilla mode right now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-25 13:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just checked my FFXI account management, and I see that I did purchase SoA on 5/28/13, but I don't remember from where, and I don't have the website or code to re-download the expansion. Is there any way to get this information back?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-25 14:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just checked my FFXI account management, and I see that I did purchase SoA on 5/28/13, but I don't remember from where, and I don't have the website or code to re-download the expansion. Is there any way to get this information back?

Phone them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-25 14:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

On the phone with them right now. Vanilla doesn't work either.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-25 14:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

On the phone with them right now. Vanilla doesn't work either.

Have you updated Steam? Steam sucks and wont load certain games without updating.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-25 14:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think so. I just got off the phone with this girl. She said "We don't have any direct links to the game. Either get the software from a friend or try tracking down the vendor".

Tried the latter, and its already registered on my account. I guess It doesn't make any difference that I downloaded all of the pathces from tehkrizz (to make it faster), does it? I thought that was the actual software?

Let me check steam. How do I update it? It shows ffxi in my Games menu, but nothing about if its the latest version. Also, im running the game through Windower (not sure if that uses steam).
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-08-25 15:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I might have the SoA install for you. That appears to be what's missing. Let me find it first.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-25 15:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Neboh.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-08-25 17:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it looks like it's at home on my desktop. I'll dropbox it for you later. Sorry.
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-08-25 17:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Neboh.

I can give you a download to both the entire Seekers of Adoulin and every other expansion and the single expansion. My account had already been paid for when I redownloaded the game and my boyfriend no longer had the link to the download, so I had to find an alternative way to install the game. They both work, if you add me on skype, I can give them to you. The only downfall is that you're going to have to uninstall the entire game or the single expansion if you have them already.

If anyone else has access to your account, perhaps have someone log in and try to move you. Is your game logging in and then pol.exe is crashing, or are you getting stuck at Downloading Data? If you're getting stuck, you're most likely dealing with the same problem as Funf.

To get the downloads, you can add me on skype. My username is displayed on my profile, if you end up wanting them, I'll give them to you.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-26 05:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all of the help people. Yes I did not have seekers installed, but managed to find it last night online. I was stuck in outer, which is why it crashed every time I logged in. I an fixed now. Thanks community!