Head Wind II
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-08 01:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I need a little info on this one, I want dem shoes~

I hear that Ochaining with rangers makes it pretty simple. But have yet to see anyone doing that as a pick up.

Been a few shouts that go with DD's, I guess they win, just hate to join without knowing jackshit about it and waste 20 merits.

Do people sleep the trackers and take them down 1 by 1? Or, like 1 dd per tracker? Is it another of those be in full pdt or get OS'd kinda deals?
By Jadey 2014-08-08 01:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Best strategy (for VD anyway) is SMN WHM BRD 3x DD/NIN. SAM is great, MNK works well, THF can do well + you want TH on everything since each MR has their own drop pool. It requires some good coordination between your support but it ends up being a very fast fight.

Stand on the hill, BRD does full SV/T/N/etc songs. When BRD is nearly done with songs SMN starts Perfect Defense. Once PD is off BRD runs up to the crowd, aggros everything and sleeps the bunny and the wyvern (hopefully they still have N/T up for these sleeps) and kites the other MR around the big rock. DDs zerg down X first, Evisceration is by far the most damaging WS any of the MR have and you want her dead ASAP. Blow all your 1h abilities on her that you might need. If PD is off and it still isn't dead, SAMs should Yaegasumi and any other DD should swap into full PDT.

Kill order after X should be Rabbit -> Z -> Wyvern if it no longer sleeps -> Y but once X is dead it's a fairly simple fight. Mages should be in PDT or just /NIN because the kited MR will peel off to join in skillchains with each other and then pick targets at random. BRD should be ready to reestablish hate on the MR after each reset. Trackers are either immune to sleep or resistant enough to not rely on, but have slow enough movespeed that 12% should be more than enough to kite reliably. A full kill takes under 8 minutes on VD, so as long as you kill X and move Y/Z out of their spawn area to fight you can probably deal with 2 full wipes and still clear.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-08 02:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Our strat is similar to that, but we do some things a little different. I guess ours is a little more of a straight zerg-fest and uses everyone's 1hrs.

Smn, Whm, Brd, DDX3. No /nin. Sam and thf are great for this. We have access to some mule brd and cors so we sing a few extra songs and do rolls outside the bc.

Sing, PD when pull is ready, DDS go run in and agro stuff. Offensive 1hrs right away. Brd can sleep the pets. We always just kill in order of X>Y>Z and ignore the pets.

When PDs wearing off, Sams Yaegasumi and Thf can PD.

We go on D and all 3 are usually all dead pretty quick. (Under 2 minutes). Have never had a DD die or had any problems with this setup.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-08-08 02:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Our strat is similar to that, but we do some things a little different. I guess ours is a little more of a straight zerg-fest and uses everyone's 1hrs.

Smn, Whm, Brd, DDX3. No /nin. Sam and thf are great for this. We have access to some mule and brd cors so we sing a few extra songs and do rolls outside the bc.

Sing, PD when pull is ready, DDS go run in and agro stuff. Offensive 1hrs right away. Brd can sleep the pets. We always just kill in order of X>Y>Z and ignore the pets.

When PDs wearing off, Sams Yaegasumi and Thf can PD.

We go on D and all 3 are usually all dead pretty quick. (Under 2 minutes). Have never had a DD die or had any problems with this setup.

watched that live feed, you guys are pro ^^
very nice!

Meow :3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
Server: Bismarck
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2014-09-09 15:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a RNG and PLD set up for this work like in AAs, or is there some form of hate reset that I am not aware of?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-09 15:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

*** ignore current hate when they go for a skillchain, so that might cause issues to that kind of strat.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2014-09-09 15:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok but if the hate is all on the PLD are they gonna attempt to SC other people or just the PLD if he aggros at the start?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-09 15:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried it once with supertank and RNGS...

PLD had them all, but Y and Z would come after a random target after a WS. Even though no actions had been taken on them.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2014-09-09 17:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks, that's all I needed to know.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [903 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-28 15:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

what is a good Duo / Low man Setup ?

Try this Twice and Died Twice (BLU x RDM) Shika X Killed us with "Cross Reaper" 2,450 ><
By Xilk 2017-02-28 16:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Beaztmaster has a solo video, kiting them w/ Bouncy Bertha on VD.

kiting appears a good general strategy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-28 17:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
Beaztmaster has a solo video, kiting them w/ Bouncy Bertha on VD.

kiting appears a good general strategy.
I see

Well, was looking for something non-BST Related ^^;

we got 1 win with : PLD (Me) x BST but kinda slow and I am sure we doing something wrong.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-28 18:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a video of blu soloing it on VD with trusts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOhGnV3ymAc

I just did it on D personally when I was trying to get the belt since it's already guaranteed gear drop, can pretty much just blast through it like that with blu + buff job.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-03-01 13:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
There's a video of blu soloing it on VD with trusts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOhGnV3ymAc

I just did it on D personally when I was trying to get the belt since it's already guaranteed gear drop, can pretty much just blast through it like that with blu + buff job.

:O Awesome , ty this shall help :D