Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 42 43 44
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-15 17:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Are you guys sure that Nausi isn't just trying to push your collective buttons now? :/

If so he is failing, pretty sure everyone is just laughing at him.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-16 00:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What i find interesting is Republicans and FOX News are using this to attack Obama and the CDC. Isn't the GOP supposed to be opposed to federal regulation on private business? That's what this really boils down to.

Texas Presbyterian is a private hospital and not subject to the same regulations as public hospital systems as Burger pointed out in her interview.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-10-16 00:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
What i find interesting is Republicans and FOX News are using this to attack Obama and the CDC. Isn't the GOP supposed to be opposed to federal regulation on private business? That's what this really boils down to.

Texas Presbyterian is a private hospital and not subject to the same regulations as public hospital systems as Burger pointed out in her interview.
Just goes to show you hypocrites will attack their own values when presented to them by different people on different occasions.

Same goes with healthcare reform and all the other originally conservative republican legislation models Obama has introduced, but are then attacked and shot to pieces.

Its hypocrisy just for the sake of hypocrisy.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-16 01:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Just goes to show you hypocrites will attack their own values when presented to them by different people on different occasions.

Same goes with healthcare reform and all the other originally conservative republican legislation models Obama has introduced, but are then attacked and shot to pieces.

Its hypocrisy just for the sake of hypocrisy.

Deborah Burger's criticism of the CDC and hospitals is fair. They're simply trying to protect nurses which is understandable.

FOX News and Republicans, on the other hand, need to see this is the consequence of NOT regulating private business in the healthcare system.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-10-16 01:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are we talking about Ebola when Climate Change is already here and threatening the entire world right now! With temperatures rising just above 1 degree over the last century we will all be lucky to survive this winter summer HELL ON EARTH. Hopefully Obama can put enough taxes on everyone to get it under control and save the planet. Otherwise by next spring the oceans are gonna rise 200ft and drown all the democrats.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-10-16 01:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-16 01:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1 degree celsius is an extreme overall temp change, but you're apparently too uneducated to comprehend that.

As for the oceans raising, while we're losing a substantial amount of the artic annually, we're gaining in the antarctic, and since well the majority of the ice in the artic is below sea level anyway, we'd potentially see a drop in sea level if that said trend continues.

but that's too difficult for you to comprehend,
you can't explain that!
By Jetackuu 2014-10-16 01:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
lol
would have been accurate and easier for me to type, damn.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-16 02:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Politically motivated attacks based on current events in a month before major elections? Only Republicans would dare try such a thing. But seriously, if our taxes are going to support a major government entity, it should at least not suck at its key job.

On a related note, if you want to get a feel for how this coming U.S. election cycle is going to go, just take a look at who is playing the most defense leading up to voting day. Right now it seems everything is revolving around easing concerns about Ebola. Should Ebola be a big deal? Probably not, but as long as the news keeps making a big deal about it and finding faults with the CDC, politically it's a nightmare.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-16 02:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
1 degree celsius is an extreme overall temp change, but you're apparently too uneducated to comprehend that.

As for the oceans raising, while we're losing a substantial amount of the artic annually, we're gaining in the antarctic, and since well the majority of the ice in the artic is below sea level anyway, we'd potentially see a drop in sea level if that said trend continues.

but that's too difficult for you to comprehend,
you can't explain that!

Funny how you liked the picture about low quality bait, then immediately took the bait.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-16 02:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody's gotta take the bait. But I liked the post before he edited the picture in.

edit: shut up and go start a raptor party, I need to 99 more ***.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-16 02:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Politically motivated attacks based on current events in a month before major elections? Only Republicans would dare try such a thing. But seriously, if our taxes are going to support a major government entity, it should at least not suck at its key job.

On a related note, if you want to get a feel for how this coming U.S. election cycle is going to go, just take a look at who is playing the most defense leading up to voting day. Right now it seems everything is revolving around easing concerns about Ebola. Should Ebola be a big deal? Probably not, but as long as the news keeps making a big deal about it and finding faults with the CDC, politically it's a nightmare.
Because a private hospital that chose not to use CDC protocols means the CDC sucks? That makes no sense.

What about the two hospitals that used CDC protocols and no staff got infected?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-16 02:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebola Nurse Amber Vinson Checked with CDC Before Flight

I think the CDC and the nurse dropped the ball here. The nurse isn't stupid, she has background on symptoms and she is qualified to make an educated diagnosis. She should know better.

The CDC telling her she could fly really?

All kinds of sloppy public health here from both sides.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-16 02:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Link doesn't go the correct article.
Think you want this article
"Vinson was not told that she could not fly," said the spokesperson.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-16 02:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't go on a crowded plane with a fever anyway, *** was stupid.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-16 02:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed link. Thanks.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-16 03:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, they went by the guidelines, as her fever wasn't past the threshold, but that should apparently be revised.

But that should have been a no brainer, at the point of which she thought she may be sick/contagious, she should have had her ***checked.

"Hmm, I have a fever, I was around a dying person with a contagious disease, which by a chance I may have caught, since I'm feeling a bit feverish, maybe I should continue my plan to be around all of these people in a crowded flight"

At the point of which she called the CDC to check, she should have drove/gotten a ride to the hospital and had her ***checked, that would just be personal responsibility.

I know it's not airborn and the likelihood of anyone on that plain catching it is next to nil, but still...

It seems like the probably of that the infections at the hospital were caused by ineptitude on the part of the staff, no amount of regulation can eliminate human error.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-16 09:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the CDC and the nurse dropped the ball here. The nurse isn't stupid, she has background on symptoms and she is qualified to make an educated diagnosis. She should know better.

Shhh don't tell pleebo... He was clamoring yesterday how she was irresponsible.

Looks like she did pretty much what she was suppose to. It's not her responsibility to keep the disease from the rest of the public. Pretty sure she wasn't even under quarantine. Her responsibility is taking care of herself.

The responsibility of protecting us from the health threats we aren't capable of doing ourselves belongs to the CDC, which is grossly incompetent to the benefit of politics.

I'll fly with most fevers, unless I can't physically get there, or am vomiting. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to reschedule a plane ticket?

Oh BTW you're "blaming the victim".
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-16 09:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How is this to the benefit of politics?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-16 09:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ebola's pretty good looking!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-16 09:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

How is it better politically to come out and say "we got this whole Ebola thing under control" when in reality we're entirely incompetent?

Really?

I mean don't forget the whole immigration angle. Having an Ebola outbreak might reflect poorly on the commander-in-cheif's desires for amnesty or an otherwise general open border. There's most certainly a political/policy desire to not have an Ebola outbreak.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-16 09:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Looks like she did pretty much what she was suppose to. It's not her responsibility to keep the disease from the rest of the public. Pretty sure she wasn't even under quarantine. Her responsibility is taking care of herself.

The responsibility of protecting us from the health threats we aren't capable of doing ourselves belongs to the CDC, which is grossly incompetent to the benefit of politics.

I'll fly with most fevers, unless I can't physically get there, or am vomiting. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to reschedule a plane ticket?

Nausi's love of "personal responsibility, except when it doesn't fit my narrative" strikes again!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-16 10:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

How is it better politically to come out and say "we got this whole Ebola thing under control" when in reality we're entirely incompetent?

Really?

Because making the public panic is a much better solution.
2 things.

1) Ebola is not something in which you shouldn't be concerned of. It's pretty awful if you get it, and while you might live from catching it, you'll most certainly be damaged from it from that point on.

2) Would you rather a small degree of unnecessary panic or people in charge who clearly, demonstrably, cannot get their ***together?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-16 10:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Nausi's love of "personal responsibility, except when it doesn't fit my narrative" strikes again!

I'm responsible for my person. You are responsible for yours.

Personal responsibility. You don't seem to understand what that means.

I don't blame the guy who came here from Africa. Who wouldn't? You're probably at least twice as likely to live here than there. We shouldn't be allowing him to get here.

Personal responsibility.
By fonewear 2014-10-16 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I found a cure for Ebola:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-16 10:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Really?

I mean don't forget the whole immigration angle. Having an Ebola outbreak might reflect poorly on the commander-in-cheif's desires for amnesty or an otherwise general open border. There's most certainly a political/policy desire to not have an Ebola outbreak.
It's actually quite damaging politically to come out and say you have everything under control if you do not... If this actually turns out to be a significant outbreak and you have someone saying that they did have it under control even though they didn't it just makes them look incompetant and leads to more attacks on them... It only really works if they do, in fact, have things under control.

You and your immigration conspiracies again lol...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-16 10:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Really?

Because making the public panic is a much better solution.
2 things.

1) Ebola is not something in which you shouldn't be concerned of. It's pretty awful if you get it, and while you might live from catching it, you'll most certainly be damaged from it from that point on.

2) Would you rather a small degree of unnecessary panic or people in charge who clearly, demonstrably, cannot get their ***together?
1) agreed.

2) Why would you promote something that's unnecessary? You do see your own contradiction there right?
By volkom 2014-10-16 10:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

reminds me of this for some reason~

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 42 43 44