Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 42 43 44
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-03 12:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Like I said before if the US cannot contain this when other countries in Africa have been able to for previous breakouts then there is something seriously wrong with both the citizens and the government.

Where is the evidence that this thing is contained in africa?
This is not the first time there has been an ebola outbreak. Every previous outbreak was contained and stopped.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease#Epidemiology

Also, Nigeria has not had another person become infected since Aug. 31st.

Quote:
The whole issue is that this is a deadly disease with up to a 90% mortality rate in previous outbreaks. This is not something to take lightly and yet IS being taken lightly by the feds in charge.
The CDC has not been taking this lightly. So far this outbreak has not reached 90% mortality rates. It's between 40-70%. 40% in Nigeria. Those treated in the US 0% mortality rate.

Which feds are you referring to?

Quote:
Other countries have banned flights from infected parts of Africa why haven't we?
I'm sure that will be looked at and maybe that would be best. As long as humanitarian flights are able to still get there to help contain and stop the spread. Otherwise that doesn't help long term.

Quote:
How many thousands of people leave that region every day? As the outbreak gets worse (and nearly every indicator suggests it will) how many idiots that think they're going to get Ebola are gonna choose to stay in Africa instead of fleeing to a country like the US where any idiot knows they'll have a better chance of survival than if they stayed at home?
Getting to the US from West Africa is not just buying a ticket and hopping on a plane. You need to apply for a visa, buy a plane ticket, prove you have a means of supporting yourself while visiting, go through an interview, get approved, get the visa, and then get screened at the airport (which needs an upgraded screening process). This takes time and money.

The more likely scenario is people fleeing to other parts of Africa and spreading the virus that way. Then making their way to Europe and Asia.

First off, I don't contest that under ample medical care as well as having a strong immune system most likely puts your odds at better than 50/50. No one seems to give any credence to the notion that if this thing goes big, no one is going to have access to "AMPLE" medical care. The death rate will go up as that happens, it will certainly be higher than 50%.

Secondly, last week when their spokes person was touting the "infinitesimal" chance of Ebola hitting the US, Thomas Eric Duncan was being sent home from the US hospital. The complex "super" was power washing the vomit off the sidewalk. Either they were unaware of these risks and issues or they were unwilling to prepare for them.

Finally, why hasn't closing flights been looked at? This guy admittedly got on the flight already sick. This disease is serious ***! You guys are the only ones who think a contagious disease with an death rate of 25-90% isn't something to be concerned about. WHY?
What?

I'm done responding to you. It's like you didn't even read my response or the previous one you posted to.

Is this concerning? Yes. People need to pay attention to their surroundings, clean their hands, and act like rational adults.

You are irrational and panicking. Good luck with that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-03 13:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean is your argument really that because we can't totally seal off the country, it doesn't benefit us at all to partially seal it off?

I'd have more faith in your "getting here is pretty difficult actually" if someone from an infected country hadn't just decided one day that he was sick and would have a better shot in America and was able to just get up and come.

I am not irrational, Ebola is some serious ***.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-03 13:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean is your argument really that because we can't totally seal off the country, it doesn't benefit us at all to partially seal it off?

The economic and physical consequences of blocking flights (even partially) or other modes of transportation far, far, far outweighs any potential benefits in security at this time.

And yes, you are irrational when it comes to diseases.

I'd have more faith in your "getting here is pretty difficult actually" if someone from an infected country hadn't just decided one day that he was sick and would have a better shot in America and was able to just get up and come.
What part of asymptomatic do you not understand?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-03 13:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

The economic and physical consequences of blocking flights (even partially) or other modes of transportation far, far, far outweighs any potential benefits in security at this time.

The guy admits to being sick when he got on the plane. I don't know about you, but when I show symptoms I consider myself sick.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-03 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm no biologist, but if people are so worried about single cases.. how sure are you that they can't be contagious before they show symptoms

from my extremely limitted understanding, it has to traverse the body and reproduce for a while before symptoms show up, but what's to say that at a given moment there isn't an existance of some of it in a person's sweat, saliva, whatever?

for that matter, how often are people aware of their own symptoms? how about variation between symptom development? i could be entirely off base, but it seems like an extremely loose way to conclude whether someone is contagious or not..

am i completely wrong or should the statement be more like "it's unlikely that a patient will spread the disease before exhibiting symptoms of it"

(sorry to those of you who read this as my typical baiting, i'm genuinely curious and it seems like something Kara would know)
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-03 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i'm no biologist, but if people are so worried about single cases.. how sure are you that they can't be contagious before they show symptoms

from my extremely limitted understanding, it has to traverse the body and reproduce for a while before symptoms show up, but what's to say that at a given moment there isn't an existance of some of it in a person's sweat, saliva, whatever?

for that matter, how often are people aware of their own symptoms? how about variation between symptom development? i could be entirely off base, but it seems like an extremely loose way to conclude whether someone is contagious or not..

am i completely wrong or should the statement be more like "it's unlikely that a patient will spread the disease before exhibiting symptoms of it"

Ebola outbreaks have occurred since 1976. If you have questions I would recommend looking at the CDC and WHO for preliminary answers. If those do not satisify you many, many peer reviewed journal papers are available for free online discussing ebola. Use scholar.google.com or search with .pdf attached if you do not have access to university library or work database.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/qa.html
Quote:
Are people who were on the plane with this patient at risk?

A person must have symptoms to spread Ebola to others. The ill person did not exhibit symptoms of Ebola during the flights from West Africa and CDC does not recommend that people on the same commercial airline flights undergo monitoring. The person reported developing symptoms five days after the return flight. CDC and public health officials in Texas are taking precautions to identify people who have had close personal contact with the ill person and health care professionals have been reminded to use meticulous infection control at all times.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/index.html
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-03 14:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy admits to being sick when he got on the plane. I don't know about you, but when I show symptoms I consider myself sick.
Can you provide a source? Everything I see points to possible exposure on the 15th, with arrival on the 20th, and symptoms starting on the 24th.
NBC
NPR
USA today
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-03 17:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if someone covered this or not yet:

Quote:
Nurses, the frontline care providers in U.S. hospitals, say they are untrained and unprepared to handle patients arriving in their hospital emergency departments infected with Ebola.

Many say they have gone to hospital managers, seeking training on how to best care for patients and protect themselves and their families from contracting the deadly disease, which has so far killed at least 3,338 people in the deadliest outbreak on record.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has repeatedly said that U.S. hospitals are prepared to handle such patients. Many infectious disease experts agree with that assessment.

Dr. Edward Goodman, an infectious disease doctor at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas that is now caring for the first Ebola patient to be diagnosed in this country, believed his hospital was ready.

The hospital had completed Ebola training just before Thomas Eric Duncan arrived in their emergency department on Sept. 26. But despite being told that Duncan had recently traveled from Liberia, hospital staff failed to recognize the Ebola risk and sent him home, where he spent another two days becoming sicker and more infectious.

"The Texas case is a perfect example," said Micker Samios, a triage nurse in the emergency department at Medstar Washington Hospital Center, the largest hospital in the nation's capital.

"In addition to not being prepared, there was a flaw in diagnostics as well as communication," Samios said.

Nurses argue that inadequate preparation could increase the chances of spreading Ebola if hospital staff fail to recognize a patient coming through their doors, or if personnel are not informed about how to properly protect themselves.

At Medstar, the issue of Ebola training came up at the bargaining table during contract negotiations.

"A lot of staff feel they aren't adequately trained," said Samios, whose job is to greet patients in the emergency department and do an initial assessment of their condition.

So Young Pak, a spokeswoman for the hospital, said it has been rolling out training since July "in the Emergency Department and elsewhere, and communicating regularly with physicians, nurses and others throughout the hospital."

Samios said she and other members of the emergency department staff were trained just last week on procedures to care for and recognize an Ebola patient, but not everyone was present for the training, and none of the other nursing or support staff were trained.

"When an Ebola patient is admitted or goes to the intensive care unit, those nurses, those tech service associates are not trained," she said. "The X-ray tech who comes into the room to do the portable chest X-ray is not trained. The transporter who pushes the stretcher is not trained."

If an Ebola patient becomes sick while being transported, "How do you clean the elevator?"

Nurses at hospitals across the country are asking similar questions.

A survey by National Nurses United of some 400 nurses in more than 200 hospitals in 25 states found that more than half (60 percent) said their hospital is not prepared to handle patients with Ebola, and more than 80 percent said their hospital has not communicated to them any policy regarding potential admission of patients infected by Ebola.

Another 30 percent said their hospital has insufficient supplies of eye protection and fluid-resistant gowns.

"If there are protocols in place, the nurses are not hearing them and the nurses are the ones who are exposed," said RoseAnn DeMoro, executive director of National Nurses United, which serves as both a union and a professional association for U.S. nurses.
U.S. nurses say they are unprepared to handle Ebola patients
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-03 17:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's been covered already.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-03 17:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok here's a new one then.

Quote:
Days after a person was diagnosed with Ebola on U.S. soil for the first time, officials are reportedly investigating a possible Ebola infection in Washington, D.C.

At Howard University Hospital, a patient is in stable condition after presenting with symptoms that could be associated with Ebola, according to a statement today from the hospital. The patient had recently traveled to Nigeria, where the Ebola outbreak has killed eight people.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is working with medical providers to monitor the patient's progress, officials said.

Officials are also monitoring an inmate at Cobb County Jail in Georgia. However, the initial blood test was negative for Ebola, according to the Cobb County Sheriff's Office.

Though the scares have put some on edge, the cases are not unique. After issuing an alert to hospitals and medical providers in July, the CDC has looked into approximately 100 Ebola scares in 33 states, as of Oct. 1, the agency said.

Among those, the CDC has tested the blood of 15 possible Ebola patients and found only one patient who tested positive, according to Dr. Beth Bell, director of the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases. That patient is Thomas Eric Duncan, the Liberian man diagnosed in Dallas.

"We're striving for perfection, but what we continue to do is redouble our efforts and ... use this as learning experience," Bell said.
Ebola Scare Hits Washington, Latest of About 100 Alerts to CDC
By Bloodrose 2014-10-03 18:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Ok here's a new one then.

Quote:
Days after a person was diagnosed with Ebola on U.S. soil for the first time, officials are reportedly investigating a possible Ebola infection in Washington, D.C.

At Howard University Hospital, a patient is in stable condition after presenting with symptoms that could be associated with Ebola, according to a statement today from the hospital. The patient had recently traveled to Nigeria, where the Ebola outbreak has killed eight people.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is working with medical providers to monitor the patient's progress, officials said.

Officials are also monitoring an inmate at Cobb County Jail in Georgia. However, the initial blood test was negative for Ebola, according to the Cobb County Sheriff's Office.

Though the scares have put some on edge, the cases are not unique. After issuing an alert to hospitals and medical providers in July, the CDC has looked into approximately 100 Ebola scares in 33 states, as of Oct. 1, the agency said.

Among those, the CDC has tested the blood of 15 possible Ebola patients and found only one patient who tested positive, according to Dr. Beth Bell, director of the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases. That patient is Thomas Eric Duncan, the Liberian man diagnosed in Dallas.

"We're striving for perfection, but what we continue to do is redouble our efforts and ... use this as learning experience," Bell said.
Ebola Scare Hits Washington, Latest of About 100 Alerts to CDC
Thomas Eric Duncan is also being charged for falsifying documents that allowed him into the country in the first place.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-03 18:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-04 00:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking appropriate health measures is one thing, being a hypochondriac is another. Yes it has a high mortality rate. Yes the current treatment options aren't exactly fabulous. But most healthy Americans are highly unlikely to contract it at this point.

So unless you are elderly or have a compromised immune system, you really shouldn't be concerned.

Heck I have a compromised immune system and you don't see me drenching my house in bleach, wearing latex gloves 24/7, wearings face masks, etc.

Will I be doing my annual volunteer work at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital reading books to the children? Probably not!
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2014-10-04 02:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat bad timing: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/sep/23/kansas-gov-brownback-proclaim-zombie-preparedness-/

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-04 12:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The United States has seen six cases of the Ebola virus in recent weeks affecting five Americans and a Liberian. Two of the cases surfaced this week, raising concerns about wider spread of the disease, which has killed at least 3,439 people in the current outbreak in West Africa.

All of the Americans contracted the disease while in West Africa and were diagnosed there before returning home for treatment. The Liberian fell ill and tested positive during a visit to Dallas.

Below are details on the six U.S. cases so far:

NBC CAMERAMAN

On Thursday, NBC News said one of its contractors, an American freelance television cameraman working in Liberia, had Ebola and would be flown back to the United States for treatment.

Immediately after beginning to feel ill, the cameraman, identified by NBC as Ashoka Mukpo, 33, quarantined himself. He later went to a Doctors Without Borders treatment center, where he tested positive for Ebola, according to NBC.

The entire NBC crew also will return to the United States on a private charter plane and be quarantined for 21 days, the maximum incubation period for Ebola.

LIBERIAN IN DALLAS

Thomas Eric Duncan, a Liberian citizen, was visiting Dallas when he began feeling ill and sought treatment at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Sept. 25.

He was initially discharged with antibiotics, despite telling a nurse he had just come from Liberia. By Sunday, he returned to the same hospital by ambulance after vomiting outside the apartment complex where he was staying.

He remained in serious condition.

Amid questions over its handling of the case, hospital officials blamed a software error that allowed nurses to see Duncan's travel history from Liberia but not doctors, a glitch they said has now been fixed.

Other concerns remain about the handling of the quarantine at the residence where Duncan was staying with the woman he had a child with, one of her other children, and two other relatives.

There also is a dispute over Duncan's travel to the United States as Liberian officials threaten prosecution, saying he failed to disclose that he had contact with someone who was eventually diagnosed with Ebola.

EMORY PATIENT

An unnamed American who contracted Ebola in West Africa is being treated at an isolation unit at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. There have been few, if any, details made public about the patient, who returned to the United States by air ambulance on Sept. 9.

According to CNN, the American is a male who contracted the virus in Sierra Leone.

About the same time, the World Health Organization said one of its doctors tested positive for Ebola at a treatment center in Sierra Leone but the two cases have not been officially linked and WHO has not identified the physician.

THREE MISSIONARIES

In the summer, three Americans contracted Ebola while working for Christian missionary organizations in Liberia and were flown to the United States for treatment and later released.

Nancy Writebol contracted the virus in July while working for a SIM USA hospital with her husband, David, who did not contract the disease. She was treated at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta and discharged Aug. 19. The couple has not ruled out returning to West Africa to continue their mission work.

Dr. Kent Brantly also was treated in isolation at Emory after contracting Ebola while working for Christian relief group Samaritan's Purse. He was released Aug. 21.

Dr. Rick Sacra, a Boston physician who was working for SIM USA, arrived in the United States on Sept. 5 and was treated for three weeks at Nebraska Medical Center. He has said he may return to Liberia to fight the outbreak.

UNDER OBSERVATION

On Friday, a Washington hospital said it had admitted a patient with possible Ebola symptoms "in an abundance of caution." The patient, who had recently traveled to Nigeria, was in stable condition.

Additionally, an American doctor remains under observation at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, outside of Washington but has not been confirmed to have the disease. The physician was exposed while volunteering in Sierra Leone, according to the NIH.

An NIH spokeswoman on Friday declined to give any further updates on the case, citing privacy reasons. The patient was admitted on Sunday. If kept for 21 days, the patient would be released around Oct. 19.

Another patient was also isolated in Hawaii.
Factbox: U.S. faces sixth case of Ebola as latest American falls ill
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-08 11:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

DALLAS (AP) The first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States died Wednesday morning in a Dallas hospital Wednesday, a hospital spokesman said.

Thomas Eric Duncan was pronounced dead at 7:51 a.m. at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, where he was admitted Sept. 28 and has been kept in isolation, according to spokesman Wendell Watson.

Duncan's condition was changed on Saturday from serious to critical.

Duncan carried the deadly virus with him from his home in Liberia, though he showed no signs when he left for the United States. He arrived in Dallas Sept. 20 and fell sick a few days later.

Others in Dallas still are being monitored as health officials try to contain the virus that has ravaged West Africa, with more than 3,400 people reported dead. They also trying to tamp down anxiety among residents frightened of contracting Ebola, though the disease can be spread only through direct contact with the bodily fluids of an already sick person.

Health officials have identified 10 people, including seven health workers, who had direct contact with Duncan while he was contagious. Another 38 people also may have come into contact with him.

The four people living in the northeast Dallas apartment where Duncan stayed have been isolated in a private residence.

Everyone who potentially had contact with Duncan will be monitored for 21 days, the normal incubation period for the disease.

Duncan passed an airport health screening in Liberia, where doctors took his temperature and found no other signs of Ebola symptoms. But a few days after he arrived, he began to have a fever, headache and abdominal pain.

He went to the emergency room of Texas Health Presbyterian in Dallas on Sept. 24, but was sent home. By Sept. 27, his condition had worsened. An ambulance that day took him back to the hospital, where he stayed in isolation.

The hospital has changed its explanation several times about when Duncan arrived and what he said about his travel history. It has acknowledged that Duncan told them on his first visit that he came from West Africa.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-08 11:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks. I wish the article would have given detail about his antiviral treatment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-10-08 11:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

not gonna lie, happy he is gone, too bad he's probably going to take hundreds with him

rest in hell
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-08 11:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
not gonna lie, happy he is gone, too bad he's probably going to take hundreds with him

rest in hell
Probably not going to take hundreds with him.

The virus seems to be contained. No new cases in Texas.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-08 11:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It hasn't been long enough to say that for certain though.
By marivell 2014-10-08 11:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

there you go :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidkroll/2014/10/07/chimerixs-brincidofovir-given-to-dallas-nebraska-ebola-patients/

the drug name is brincidofovir, a 3rd stage experimental antiviral.

and as much as I don't like quoting wiki, this resumes pretty much what the drug is :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brincidofovir

have a nice day!
[+]
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-08 12:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Arise Please
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-08 12:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

rest in hell

The virus take about 20 days of incubation I believe so can't know till his time of death+20 days :(
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-08 12:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
It hasn't been long enough to say that for certain though.
True. But I have been watching the situations closely and it looks like it's being contained pretty well.

Time will tell though, especially in the case of his apartment neighbors.

Asura.Ccl said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

rest in hell

The virus take about 20 days of incubation I believe so can't know till his time of death+20 days :(
Yay, another month or so of waiting....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-08 12:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Now the CDC says ebola could possibly go airborne.

Meanwhile WHO chief warms outbreak in europe is "unavoidable".

I Want to know how we can have a world health authority that's prepping for the widespread exposure and yet still have a government that's insistent that the idea of the US getting exposed is "nothing to see here".

EDIT : LINK FIXED
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-08 13:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I Want to know how we can have a world health authority that's prepping for the widespread exposure and yet still have a government that's insistent that the idea of the US getting exposed is "nothing to see here".
First, you put both links to the same article.
Second, did you even read the article you posted?
And lastly, did you actually comprehend the way the words were put specifically together into what people would call sentences, that have a pretty specific meaning?
Quote:
Still, there is almost no precedent for a human virus mutating to become transmissible in a different way, a key piece of evidence in weighing whether that kind of shift is likely for Ebola.

"We have so many problems with Ebola, let’s not make another one that, of course, is theoretically possible but is pretty way down on the list of likely issues," infectious diseases expert William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University told Scientific American.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-08 14:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And lastly, did you actually comprehend the way the words were put specifically together into what people would call sentences, that have a pretty specific meaning?
Quote:
Still, there is almost no precedent for a human virus mutating to become transmissible in a different way, a key piece of evidence in weighing whether that kind of shift is likely for Ebola.

"We have so many problems with Ebola, let’s not make another one that, of course, is theoretically possible but is pretty way down on the list of likely issues," infectious diseases expert William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University told Scientific American.

So the CDC, who's been dropping the ball on this Ebola thing wants us to know that Ebola could become airborne but probably wouldn't.

The WHO is prepping for a "likely" outbreak in Europe.

Last week while the CDC was saying that the chances Ebola would arrive on the shores of the US was insignificant, Thomas Eric Duncan was on the plane coming over.

I guess my point is why would anyone give the CDC the time of day? Its pretty funny for you to respond in by essentially saying "did you even read the article? the guy says to calm down".
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-08 14:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

So the CDC, who's been dropping the ball on this Ebola thing wants us to know that Ebola could become airborne but probably wouldn't.

The WHO is prepping for a "likely" outbreak in Europe.

Last week while the CDC was saying that the chances Ebola would arrive on the shores of the US was insignificant, Thomas Eric Duncan was on the plane coming over.

I guess my point is why would anyone give the CDC the time of day? Its pretty funny for you to respond in by essentially saying "did you even read the article? the guy says to calm down".
The CDC is trying to provide factual information. They are doing this, because that is what you do when you try to approach problems from a rational, evidenced-based approach.

Evidently, either educational standards have dropped enough that people can't understand what is actually being said, or they have gotten used to being emotionally whiplashed by the fear flavor of the day.

Why would anyone give the CDC the time of day? Because, generally speaking, they know what the hell they are talking about.

Insignificant isn't the same as impossible. Your chances of winning the lottery, given a single entry, are insignificant. People still win.
 Asura.Tonn
user: Tonn
By Asura.Tonn 2014-10-08 14:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Please take a moment to read/watch this.

http://www.infowars.com/cia-insider-warned-of-ebola-false-flag-in-september/
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-10-08 17:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tonn said: »
Those damn white “virgins" at it again!
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 42 43 44