How Awesome Would This Be? (A Bard's Fantasy)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » How awesome would this be? (A Bard's Fantasy)
How awesome would this be? (A Bard's Fantasy)
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-08-07 15:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I have been playing this game for a long time (I don't quite remember how long), I still have not gotten a level 75 job. After 4+ years. However, I spend a lot of time trying to figure out the best gearsets for different things. Here is something I was looking at today:

Bard Spellcasting -%Build

BRD/NIN (for dual wielding purposes)

We start with a base HP of 908 (as a Tarutaru), which is relevant to activating the Latent of a Minstrel's Ring.

To set up this latent, we want various HP+ gear.

Back: Gigant Mantle: +80 HP
Ring 1: Bomb Queen Ring: +75 HP
Ring 2: Minstrel's Ring: Song casting time -25%
Hands: Creek M Mitts: +65 HP
Waist: Steppe Sash: +60 HP
Earring 1: Morukaka's Earring: +35 HP
Earring 2: Loquacious Earring: Enhances Fast Cast 2%
Legs: Dusk Trousers: +35 HP
Feet: Rostrum Pumps: Enhances Fast Cast 2%
Body: Sheikh Manteel: Song casting Time -13%
Main: Dweomer Knife: Song casting Time -5%
Sub: Dweomer Knife: Song casting Time -5%
Neck: Cougar Pendant: HP +30
Selenian Cap: Enhances Fast Cast 5%

I have only provided the relevant stats from each piece of equipment here, and have left the instrument out.

From this, we get a total of:
HP+ 380

This puts our total HP after macroing these items in at 908/1288. Our HP% is at approximately 70%. This is good enough to activate the latent effect of our Minstrel's Ring. Note: It appears I did go overboard a little on HP+ gear, but this is only being macroed in for a second to activate the Minstrel's Ring, then is being swapped for other other Bard gear.

We then, after activating the latent, get a total - Song casting time of -57%. Now, apply the effect of our merited abilities. Let's use both Troubadour and Nightengale. We start with a Buff Song casting time of 8 seconds. Troubadour increases this to 12 seconds. Nightengale reduces this to 6 seconds. then, we subtract 57% of the casting time. 57% of 6 + 3.42 so 6 - 4.42 = 2.58 seconds.

1. So to write a macro for this we would do the following:

2. Activate Troubadour and Nightengale.

3. Equip all HP+ and Song Casting -% gear. Song casting time is calculated at the start of the song, so after we start singing, we can swap to other gear.

4. Equip all regular song casting gear. In this case, since we are singing a buff song, we'll be equipping lots of Singing Skill + and Wind Skill + to get to the effect caps.

5. Enjoy your 2.58 second song. Note: this song casting time could be reduced further with the removal or troubadour, but troubadour is totally worth it.

I hope this was interesting to people other than just me. If i made any calculation errors, feel free to point them out. Maybe we can make this into a thread of awesome (although admittedly absurdly expensive) dream gearsets.
 Gilgamesh.Joltx
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Joltx
By Gilgamesh.Joltx 2009-08-07 15:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

add about another second and u should be fine.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-07 15:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

it's easier to just use -HP gear. less things to equip and the effect stays so you don't have to equip each time.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-07 15:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

HP->MP gear, then you can use for brd/whm when you need also.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-07 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

as mithra i use...

"Main" "Terra's Staff";
"Sub" "Earth Grip";
"Ammo" "Tiphia Sting";
"Head" "Zenith Crown";
"Neck" "Star Necklace";
"Ear1" "Musical Earring";
"Ear2" "Loquac. Earring";
"Ring1" "Astral Ring";
"Ring2" "Ether Ring";
"Back" "Solitaire Cape";
"Waist" "Scouter's Rope";
"Legs" "Zenith Slacks";
"Feet" "Rostrum Pumps";

ignore coding... hurt wrist too lazy to edit
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-08-07 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but the benefit of macroing in the gear every time guarantees that you will hit the latent each time. HP - gear would allow you to equip it once and take it off and forget about it, but if you had regen, or someone tosses you a cure, that throws a wrench in your latent. Equipping it each time ensures that you set of the latent each time. As for HP -> MP gear, I'm not sure if that works in setting off the latent. I do know it is different than the Sorcerer's Ring in that aspect.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-08-07 16:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast Cast and SSC Down don't stack that way.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-08-07 16:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How do they stack then? That was my understanding of it.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-07 20:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nususu said:
True, but the benefit of macroing in the gear every time guarantees that you will hit the latent each time. HP - gear would allow you to equip it once and take it off and forget about it, but if you had regen, or someone tosses you a cure, that throws a wrench in your latent. Equipping it each time ensures that you set of the latent each time. As for HP -> MP gear, I'm not sure if that works in setting off the latent. I do know it is different than the Sorcerer's Ring in that aspect.

Yes, equipping it every time is nice I do it too but there's some people without spellcast etc. who have to manually hit macros. Anyway, HP- and Convert HP to MP gear work, I'm a Bard... and I use it, and it definitely activates my latent. Works for my WHM's medicine ring too.

Nususu said:
We then, after activating the latent, get a total - Song casting time of -57%.

I'm also pretty sure -songcasting caps at 50% regardless of fastcast gear, ignoring Nightengale.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-07 20:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What about this?
User submitted image
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-07 21:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
What about this?
User submitted image

Yeah yeah I think you posted that before and I'm going to kill you for it even though it's pretty much the same as relic. Still gonna kill you. D:<
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-07 21:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:

Yeah yeah I think you posted that before and I'm going to kill you for it even though it's pretty much the same as relic. Still gonna kill you. D:<

*stalk Ninian*

and if its anything like recast -, then yes its capped at 50%
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-07 21:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Ninian said:

*stalk Ninian*

Yeah I know fastcast is 50%, and I'm assuming songs are the same. However with Nightengale I think my songs go off at like 30% or something with my fasterly gear, so I'm not sure. It probably just ignores the cap.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-07 21:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Rumaha said:
Ninian said:

*stalk Ninian*

Yeah I know fastcast is 50%, and I'm assuming songs are the same. However with Nightengale I think my songs go off at like 30% or something with my fasterly gear, so I'm not sure. It probably just ignores the cap.

>.>?,
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-07 21:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

FASTERLY IS A WORD. ; ;
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-07 22:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
FASTERLY IS A WORD. ; ;

Not while ur stalking me it isnt!
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-08-08 02:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
What about this?
User submitted image

User submitted image
One of the basic problems is that the 1 second between changing gear and singing is enough to drive you nuts. I typically hit my -hp macro as I'm running to get into position. That way I don't have to stand there too long and possibly get hit by bad stuff.

Also, even fully merited you are talking about a 10 minute timer in Nightingale and Troubadour.