users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Maximizing
Maximizing
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2014-07-19 13:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There are not many DNCs on my server that gear for endgame(AAs, DMv2, Delve and the like) and maximize on DPS during CP/JP parties. I thought I'd try my luck here.

The three sets that I need the most help with are my TP sets.

This is for low EVA mobs with max gear haste. No other hastes besides samba. The pants are augmented with Haste+2 and ATT+10 (it's the only way to hit gear haste cap without haste on the body piece.
ItemSet 324642

This is for High EVA mobs with max gear haste and no haste outside of Samba. The Qaaxo hands are augmented with ACC.
ItemSet 325374

My last set is for low EVA mobs with max gear haste, but with max magical haste. I do have Qaaxo harness but I'm told Thaumaus is better for DPS (ignoring the fact that you take more damage). In this case, I drop all my DW gear for DA/TA.
ItemSet 325375

I should say that I have included what my ACC checks as with each gear set (via /checkparam).
I do appreciate any feedback. Thank you for your time.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-07-20 10:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »
This is for low EVA mobs with max gear haste. No other hastes besides samba. The pants are augmented with Haste+2 and ATT+10 (it's the only way to hit gear haste cap without haste on the body piece.
ItemSet 324642

This is what I personally use:

ItemSet 326315

Both my Uk'uxkaj Cap and my Quiahuiz Trousers are augmented with STR+8 and Haste+2. That caps gear Haste with Charis Casaque +2, too. You seem to have a Felistris Mask (mine doesn't exist), so you maybe can get a very slight improvement in damage over time by using it.

Since you're using Charis Casaque +2, I'm assuming that "low EVA mobs" is anything on which you don't need gear accuracy to cap hit rate. Which means all that accuracy+ on Honed Tathlum, Whirlpool Mask, Horos Bangles +1, and Toetapper Mantle actually does not have any effect.

My last set is for low EVA mobs with max gear haste, but with max magical haste. I do have Qaaxo harness but I'm told Thaumaus is better for DPS (ignoring the fact that you take more damage). In this case, I drop all my DW gear for DA/TA.
ItemSet 325375

I'm kinda surprised you have way less accuracy in here than you had in your first set. I'm however not saying that it's wrong; In fact, I'm pretty much using the same set, minus Felistris Mask, for the sad reason stated above. Plus Charis Feather, of course.

On stuff that can actually hurt you, I'd probably use Qaaxo Harness A15 over Thaumas Coat though, unless I'm confindent in my WHM (or whoever keeps me alive); dead DNCs unfortunately don't deal damage.

This is for High EVA mobs with max gear haste and no haste outside of Samba. The Qaaxo hands are augmented with ACC.
ItemSet 325374

A lot depends on what "high EVA mobs" are. Given the no outside Haste requirement, I guess a fair assumption would be mobs at the higher end of what you'd face solo. Assuming that, I'd probably run with something like this:

ItemSet 326316

It's pretty much your gear set with slightly less accuracy by using Letalis Mantle instead of Toetapper Mantle. On most targets, e. g. level 123 exp mobs in Dho Gates, you still cap hit rate with food. I'm however torn between Charis Feather and Honed Tathlum, if the effect of Tengu-no-Hane is not effective.

Also: Depending on your target, you might need even less accuracy in gear, if you have support like Hunter's Roll or Madrigal. But in situations like that, you're likely to have capped magic Haste to begin with, so the gear set to use would be a completely different one.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2014-07-22 16:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for responding!

When I was talking low EVA mobs, I had Tojil in mind and for High EVA mobs I was thinking the Bee delve and all tier 2 delves.

I see your point about Thaumas suggestion and in actuality I have made a Qaaxo Harness A15 in the process. Like you said, a dead DNC deals no damage.

I may have some of my ACC readings off, but I am willing to recheck them for a better understanding of where I am at.

From what you've said, your suggestions do seem rather reasonable and the items are fairly easy to obtain if I don't already have them.

I will most definitely try this out.

I do have one more question, if you don't mind. What do you think is a decent offhand weapon to use on Lv123 mobs and higher? The ones that come to mind are Sabbeus, skirmish 3 dagger and Vanir knife.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-22 17:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have one more question, if you don't mind. What do you think is a decent offhand weapon to use on Lv123 mobs and higher? The ones that come to mind are Sabbeus, skirmish 3 dagger and Vanir knife.

Atoyac with OAT/Crit Rate. Even on high evasion mobs I still get it easily beating the other options in practically every case, despite the lower skill. It's also obviously excellent on lower end stuff, and just dominates on that kind of content (which is really where DNC is best anyway).

Sabebus B is next best choice (and is the best Sabebus path since the Acc gives it more utility on high evasion mobs than A/C). A/C got pretty much destroyed by OAT Atoyac completely replacing them on less evasive stuff, and really even when your acc matters more I still basically never find B beating Atoyac regardless of target, buffs, other gear choices, etc.

Vanir is OK if you have it, somewhere in the mix of the Sabebus R15 choices (generally doesn't beat Sabebus B though). Not an awful choice, but not ideal either. I think it shines a bit more as a COR dagger actually (Magic DMG+ for QD/Leaden, COR has no access to Izhiikoh or RME daggers).

Other "no" choices are Lesi+2 and Polyhmnia, they just don't stack up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-22 19:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What was OAT found to be again? 40 DA?
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2014-07-22 22:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised to hear that Vanir Knife is just an OK option.

This is good to know. I participated in a CP PT recently using Atoyac (with OAT and crit hit augments) but I had a mix bag of emotions about it because I came in 3rd on my friend's parse. It may have been just the party set-up.

Thanks for answering my question.

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
What was OAT found to be again? 40 DA?
From my understanding, the OAT is around 40ish% but it's not 40ish%DA.

From BGwiki:
Quote:
Unlike Double Attack, Triple Attack, and Quadruple Attack, the proc rate of "Occasionally attacks X times" weapons are not visible weapon statistics, but are generally very high (can be as high as 50% or more). This statistic is only present on weapons and only applies to the weapon on which the statistic is present. "Occasionally attacks X times" statistics are processed after Quadruple Attack, Triple Attack, and Double Attack checks, and the total attacks per round from all multi-attack sources are limited to eight. For anything higher than "Occasionally attacks twice," the statistic is presented as a range (for example "Occasionally attacks 2-4 times") and the number of attacks will randomly fall within that range when the effect procs. Different weapons may have different distributions within the attack quantity range.
Unlike Double Attack, etc., "Occasionally attacks X times" generally does not apply to weapon skills or job abilities. An exception to this is made for the Mythic Weapon Aftermaths which do apply to weapon skills and job abilities that can be affected by multi-attacks.