Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Capping Automaton Magic
Capping Automaton Magic
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-07-17 01:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently revisting Pup after a few years and i currently sitting on 324 magic skill for my automaton. I've capped Ranged and Melee, and i was wondering if there was an efficient way to skill up magic. Other than 1. Play pup and have it heal me solo, and 2. Chainspell spam in reives. is there any other way you guys can think of that would make this go faster.

p.s s.e, why is there no damn skill up papers for this?
 Carbuncle.Conini
Server: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2014-07-17 04:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You answered your own thread

Sylph.Feary said: »
1. Play pup

anyways...what I would suggest is taking your whm auto to the worms in Gustav Tunnel. So long as you don't have scanner on, silence should be a very high priority for auto to keep up so nukes shouldn't be an issue. At 324 skill and an ilvl animator, you'd skill up fairly quickly so long as you pay attention to your auto's mp (Mana converter, economizer etc...)
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-07-17 04:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Moogle Trust helps.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-17 04:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I sat by the Curse/Silence thing in beadeaux, set a timer for when the -na timers were up, pulled a mob and set up a script so that he'd spam -nas.

You want to set it up so that he'll be using -nas, but never debuffs.

It wasn't fast, but it was mostly afk, use a Percolator and Moogle trust.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-20 22:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

step 1 Play Pup solo with WHM frame in anywhere Adoulin

Step 2, repeat step 1

even their enfeebs will help skill them up, Melee and magic frames are easy peasy to cap
 Leviathan.Walshy
Server: Leviathan
user: Walsh
By Leviathan.Walshy 2014-07-21 00:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can set up a script for light maneuvers every 20 seconds(for regen) and have ducal guard and regen/minikin atmas, you can just deploy against melo melo for two hours on WHM auto.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-21 01:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had it Deactivate>Activate when MP was low against roots, didn't get KI so all spells did 0 damage and went to some obscure dungeon reive to lessen chance of some guy walking by and killing it.

I didn't have WHM/BLM frames on my mules, so MP would go by fast since it was mostly using high tier nukes near the end, but you could use WHM auto and auto-cancel Haste on top of whatever other debuffs it will naturally apply, and also work in Refresh Manueveurs if you're not concerned about overloading while AFKing.

Not fast, but very AFK friendly obviously. Went from 0 to 380ish in ~6hrs or so.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-07-26 05:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
I sat by the Curse/Silence thing in beadeaux, set a timer for when the -na timers were up, pulled a mob and set up a script so that he'd spam -nas.

You want to set it up so that he'll be using -nas, but never debuffs.

It wasn't fast, but it was mostly afk, use a Percolator and Moogle trust.

i was told that doesnt work anymore. i was lied to i guess.

this is how i capped at 80 back in the day.