Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Idi's Jerkin
Idi's Jerkin
 Ragnarok.Granis
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-07-13 12:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to do some Salvage 2 to try and get Idi's Jerkin and plans to startt working on getting my Skadi body +1, but I'm unsure which boss is less of a PITA to kill to try for the 45.

Is it better to fight Cerberus/Orothus Seether or Hydra/Enraged Alfard?

I hear the Cerberus is really hard if you're not like a MNK or a BLU because of the increasing PDT you need to negate with magic damage.

though the Hydra/Enraged Alfard sounds annoying too because the HQ spams Nerve Gas I hear, and it attacks really, really fast. Plus Zhalyolm Remnants seems to be the hardest Salv II zone in general.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-13 12:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What jobs do you have? While jobs that can dish out easy magic damage have a faster kill speed, the Cerbs will still go down eventually regardless of what you're doing. Magic WS's, especially when using a good WS set, are enough to keep the damage going. I'm not exactly sure if it's the number of magic attacks or the amount of magic damage dealt, however.

I have killed Cerberus/Orthrus on my brother's BRD/WHM using eminent/WKR gear, though it was a long and hard fight due to how much damage I was taking. I'm going to try it again on WAR/DNC, cleaving the gears and then using Herculean Slash for bosses.

Protip: Regardless of your job, if the very first thing you do to Cerb/Orth is a 300% TP WS, you'll do full damage, taking out a very nice chunk of it's health.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-07-13 12:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually do Salvage on THF for TH.

but if I need to take a stronger DD with me, I guess I can do that if I entice them by giving them all the alex if it gets me a shot at the Jerkin, the run just might take longer because we'd have to get unlocks for two people rather than one.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-07-13 17:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried it, the combination of the PDT, the stoneskin/blaze spikes effect, is just too much for me to handle on THF, he just wears me down. and this isn't even the HQ but the NQ. it didn't help my Oynos never prooced haste so I couldn't WS or waltz as much as I probably needed to.

I might go try Zhalyolm II and see if Hydra is any easier. at least Bulwark has a set duration and I might have an easier time tping on it.
By fractalvoid 2014-07-13 17:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been spamming Bhaflau2 for Tutelary Plans for my mule but the times I go are pretty random. Send me a tell sometime and you can enter with me and just AFK the whole run til mega boss and if the jerkin drops you can have it - I have no use for it.
 Siren.Veritryy
Server: Siren
user: Veritry
By Siren.Veritryy 2014-07-13 18:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Zhaoylm is pretty easy if you're careful. HQ doesn't really 'Spam' Nerve Gas, and all you really need to deal with it is holy waters. The hardest part of that place is killing the first gear on floor 4 for armor unlocks without linking the whole room. @_@ Thf/Dnc, Save 3000% TP, Box step > Bully > SA AC RS > Boom, most of it's hp gone. Just save your tp and whittle it down under 25%. Use holy waters if he gasses, and cure up. Only annoying part is his Phys immune tp move, but if you keep enough for a cure or two at all times, it's really not an issue. Finally just got mine today. :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-07-21 15:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just brought in a RUN friend to help me do Cerberus and it worked out great! no drop tho. :(
By Pantafernando 2014-07-21 15:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Granis said: »
I just brought in a RUN friend to help me do Cerberus and it worked out great! no drop tho. :(

Welcome to my world. I should be at 150 plans, just waiting damn namrus shalwar. I swear i got like 20 times the same pieces...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-21 16:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't lie. Just got this drop last night after about 30 runs. Gogo 2x salvage plans
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2014-09-26 19:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question. Is salvage 1 hard solo? I need all the skadi body armory and the idi jerkin. Going to solo on a well geared thf/dance and just curious since a lot of the forums on this is a few months old
By minikomby 2014-09-26 20:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

no hard but you willneed pratice to get used to cells and stuff, just a boss is hard to solo ZR boss
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-26 20:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
no hard but you willneed pratice to get used to cells and stuff, just a boss is hard to solo ZR boss
ZR isn't particularly hard either, just animation stun the boss and you're golden but if you let Discoid off you're dead.