The New Global Cooling Thread.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » The new Global Cooling thread.
The new Global Cooling thread.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12
By fonewear 2014-06-25 09:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a comic to express my viewpoint ! Nevermind !

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-25 11:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
IPCC folks were likely not involved in the data collection lol. They're not a research organization. How can you feel qualified to comment on these things when you don't even know the basics?
Right coming from the guy who doesn't even have an education.
Where did you come up with this assumption?
It's because I haven't directly answered their irrelevant question. Whatever my education is has absolutely nothing to do with the argument, but they've latched on to that like it matters.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-06-25 12:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Global cooling? LOL

I hate hot weather would be nice for it to be winter all year round mwah-hahahahahahahahaha.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-25 12:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Er, alrighty. I'm having trouble finding what it is I'm looking for, though.
What can't you find? Or what specifically are you looking for?

I was looking for calibration data.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-06-25 12:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because I haven't directly answered their irrelevant question. Whatever my education is has absolutely nothing to do with the argument, but they've latched on to that like it matters.

Agreed. If you have qualifications it doesn't make you right, if you don't, it doesn't make you wrong. What I can say is that you've demonstrated an advanced working knowledge of the materials discussed, cite sources, dissect opposing views or "data" with accurate and scientific approaches.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-26 04:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

Agreed. If you have qualifications it doesn't make you right, if you don't, it doesn't make you wrong. What I can say is that you've demonstrated an advanced working knowledge of the materials discussed, cite sources, dissect opposing views or "data" with accurate and scientific approaches.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I seem to remember Pleebo being on the "don't burn the water in the Ocean cause we'll use it all up" team. That was the moment I ceased to take seriously anything said about science by him (and a few others).
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-06-26 05:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Who knows where he's going to end up without your validation
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-26 05:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Burn the water in the ocean? Can you link me to this conversation?
By Heimdel 2014-06-26 06:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok here's the thing I don't get. People keep debating if global warming is real or not but do any these people actually think filling the air and environment with pollution isn't a bad thing?

When my dad was a kid in the 50s they thought it did no harm so they could dump as much into the water as they wanted. The rivers and stream around here would have dead fish washed up all along the banks. The water was so toxic they couldn't go swimming in it and it took decades to get cleaned up. There still signs saying that you shouldn't eat fish from them and in places not swim.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-26 06:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

IPCC folks were likely not involved in the data collection lol. They're not a research organization. How can you feel qualified to comment on these things when you don't even know the basics?
It actually does matter when you put into question the degrees of real scientists have but failed to show any formal education in anything remotely related to science.

Hence the term 'University of Google.'

You solely rely on the + system here to determine whether you're right or wrong. Or even if you should reply.

Science is not a democracy of popularity.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-26 06:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually does matter when you put into question the degrees of real scientists have but failed to show any formal education in anything remotely related to science.

You solely rely on the + system here to determine whether you're right or wrong. Or even if you should reply.

You are correct Science is a religion for people that hate religion. It has the same if not worse level of bias and blind devotion that some religious people display.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-26 06:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

You are correct Science is a religion for people that hate religion. It has the same if not worse level of bias and blind devotion that some religious people display.
Almost there, but I give you credit for seeing the bias and blind devotion that certain people who tout science claim to reject in religion.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-26 06:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If there was a church of global warming it would be packed every Sunday night with people professing they found the correct "theory" and other Scientists applauding and patting each other on the back.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-26 06:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A better term would be Groupthink Science.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-26 06:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If Science took itself any more serious it would die of smugness.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-06-26 09:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

Rofl! It's said by one who frequently references "97% of scientists agree" and refuses to listen to skeptics because they didn't get their appropriate "learn" on.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-06-26 09:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should just agree to go out on a date and get it over with...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-06-26 11:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would pay good money to see pleebo on a date with KN. Lets start up a kick-starter!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-06-26 11:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. I'm still waiting for the 'Romy and Michelle' remake starring Aman and KN. Priorities, man. Priorities.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-26 11:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I would pay good money to see pleebo on a date with KN. Lets start up a kick-starter!
Honestly? Something we actually agree on.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-26 11:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Please point out any post where I questioned anyone's degree. (Warning: This will be difficult to do as it never happened.) I questioned their ideas and expressed statements and have countered them with cited facts. You know, much like I did on my very first post in this thread.

Since we're all gathered together again, would you mind filling me on your thought on the bias correction methodology and rationale I presented as a counterargument? It seems my original questions directed to you and King have been lost among the kerfuffle.
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Burn the water in the ocean? Can you link me to this conversation?
It got nuked apparently. Too bad though. Was looking forward to pointing out how wrong Saevel is again.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-26 11:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

"So King. Can I call you King? Tell me about your day!"
"Well, an exciting thing happened at work today. I was working on a client's tax returns and ---"
"Hold that thought, King. There's something I have to take care of."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-06-26 12:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw.. Pleebo at least you make despising you entertaining.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-26 12:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw.. Pleebo at least you make despising you entertaining.
Can you truly, truly hate someone who entertains you so much?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-06-26 12:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

"Well, an exciting thing happened at work today. I was working on a client's tax returns and ---"

I suspect that is how all of KN's dates start/end
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-26 14:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I must have missed something. When did this turn into some devious love story?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-06-26 14:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as man remains unable to accurately predict the natural variability in the earth's climate there will be no way of measuring the potency of greenhouse gasses.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-26 14:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Best summary of carbon credits, ever!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-26 14:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Natural forcings have been reliably modeled before. Cooling resulting from the Mt. Pinatubo eruption was successfully predicted by climate models, and variations in things like solar irradiation are included in today's calculations. The potency of GH gases (that is, how much each gas contributes to the GH effect) was experimentally verified decades ago.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-26 15:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, ignoring the snide remarks and other issues aside.

Promise you would do that if I told you about my exciting day today?

I would be more than happy to tell you if you do that.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12