Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 860 861 862 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 19:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Josiahfk said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Shiva.Josiahfk said: »

I love how direct and focused he is.
Yeah same.
Get a room you two.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 19:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
*waves a keycard in front of jassik before seductively walking out of the thread*

Believe me, I'm flattered, but you're barking up the wrong tree maple boy.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 19:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you take a perfectly sweet setup like that and just ruin it Jassik?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 19:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
How do you take a perfectly sweet setup like that and just ruin it Jassik?

Practice
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-08-18 19:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
And the scandal still has yet to produce anything other than wishful thinking.

The 47% remark is a good example of why the GOP candidates can't argue issues. Also see: Hispanic voters, Trump.
Actually if there were classified documents on it it is a true scandal.

Not like the bombshell the GoP wished Benghazi would be, but enough to generate negative headlines.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-08-18 19:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Josiahkf said: »
*waves a keycard in front of jassik before seductively walking out of the thread*
Believe me, I'm flattered, but you're barking up the wrong tree maple boy.
/giggle
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 19:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Or are you one of those people who still think we're in a recession and that unemployment is really high?
I don't have to think it, I can just look at the Federal Reserve numbers and see how the economy hasn't even remotely recovered and is actually doing very poorly.

Sectors of the economy (I don't remember exactly which ones offhand) have already reported being in a recession. Things are gradually getting worse all across the board.

There's a reason why interest rates are still at 0% since 2008, and it's not because the economy has recovered. It's because it still hasn't recovered even remotely enough to return to pre-recession levels.

If you want to believe the spin the current administration keeps putting on things in order to sooth the worries of speculators and high end investors, go right ahead. But the facts are there, and it's not even remotely good.

We were in a recession.

We're out of a recession (and have been for years).

To you that's "hasn't recovered at all."

Got it.

To even think that the economy can be simplified in the way you just did is ludicrous.
You missed the whole point. Try again.

The proper organizations should do whatever they feel is necessary, but using this as a political tool is just a distraction.
That's the Clinton defense. The FBI has publicly stated otherwise.
No, they haven't.
Rather than cite the obvious source that states what I said, I'll just take a page out of your book and say, "Yes they have."

The Clinton's defense is that the investigation and media attention is a partisan (political) tool.

The FBI has stated what they are doing. Nowhere have they stated that there is a political motivation behind it.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 20:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this part..
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-18 20:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The proper organizations should do whatever they feel is necessary, but using this as a political tool is just a distraction.
I don't know what you mean. What did they publicly state?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 20:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you mean. What did they publicly state?
Hillary and her team has stated that the whole investigation is politically motivated and has no bearing other than to make her look bad so to speak. Her defense of the whole situation is 'using this as a political tool as a distraction.'

Whereas the FBI has stated they are checking to make sure no classified material was passed through her servers and if so then what was it, did anyone else have access to it, etc. Basically an investigation about the nature of the material now that they have reason to believe somewhere around 300 (maybe more now) possible contents of emails were labeled as classified or top secret (whatever they're calling it). As in, proper organizations doing whatever they feel is necessary with no political agenda.
By fonewear 2015-08-18 20:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

FBI has a clear anti liberal bias !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-18 20:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be on bumper stickers !

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-18 20:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. I wasn't implying the FBI was using this to smear Hillary. The GOP is.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 20:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow I doubt there would be such benign reaction if Christie had deleted a few emails before bridgegate.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-18 20:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If Hillary was honest I think I'd drop dead from shock.
[+]
By Vectivus 2015-08-18 20:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone here support the ruling of the supreme court on Citizens United that claims corporations are "people" ?

Link

The Justices who decided the Citizens United Supreme Court case.

Quote:
It’s a Political Action Committee

The logo for the non-profit group Citizens United
Citizens United’s Logo

Citizens United, the PAC, was founded in 1988 by Floyd Brown, a longtime Washington political consultant, with major funding from the Koch brothers (industrialists who own “the second largest privately owned company in the United States”). The group promotes corporate interests, socially conservative causes and candidates who advance their goals, which it says are “…limited government, freedom of enterprise, strong families, and national sovereignty and security.” It gained fame in 2009 for suing the Federal Election Commission, leading to a controversial Supreme Court case (now also commonly known as Citizens United) eliminating some restrictions on how corporations can spend money in elections.

It’s a Supreme Court Case

In the 2008 election season, Citizens United the PAC sought to broadcast TV ads for a video-on-demand film criticizing presidential candidate Hilary Rodham Clinton, but doing so would violate the 2002 Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (known also as the McCain–Feingold Act), which barred corporations and unions from paying for media that mentioned any candidate in periods immediately preceding elections.

Citizens United challenged the law, suing the Federal Election Commission (which sets campaign finance laws and election rules), and the case made its way through lower courts until an appeal was granted by the U.S. Supreme Court.

In a 5-4 ruling, the Justices declared unconstitutional the government restriction on “independent” political spending by corporations and unions, and determined the anti-Clinton broadcast should have been allowed. The decision overturned century-old precedent allowing the government to regulate such spending. As a result, Citizens United has greatly affected the way corporations and unions can spend on elections

If corporations are "people" then what should the law be when it comes to owning a corporation ? Is that not akin to slavery? When one person owns another person that's what we call it. Also, if a corporation purchases (enslaves) another corporation. Then takes it apart, (murdering it) then absorbs what it wants (eating it) and sells off the rest. Is that not a kind of corporate cannibalism? Of course its not. Its not slavery, murder or cannibalism for a corporation to behave like this. The very idea is patently ridiculous. Do you know why? Because corporations ARE NOT PEOPLE!!!!!

That's my take on the whole ruling lol maybe there should be age limits for supreme justices because you know dementia is a *** with crazy ideas like money is considered free speech. If that is truly the case i hope we don't see any bank robbers get arrested for robbing a bank. Because you know they was just trying to get free speech. All money is used for politically is bribery to win favors.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 20:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, fair enough.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 20:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm sure you'll cry a river the next time the Democrats blow something small out of proportion in an attempt to smear a Republican candidate. It'll involve a lot less than an FBI investigation and the mishandling of classified documents, I'm sure.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-18 20:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool hypothetical, bro.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 20:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
This should be on bumper stickers !

I made that in paint :D
So... that means I should get royalties!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 20:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool hypothetical, bro.

Hypothetical? Please, some things are just too predictable to be called hypothetical.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-18 21:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

A healthy imagination will keep ya young.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 21:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cool hypothetical, bro.

Hypothetical? Please, some things are just too predictable to be called hypothetical.

Pleebo's been working that denial muscle pretty hard at the gym. Didn't you realize this was a show?

The real question is who advised Hilary to wear an orange suit for that press conference. Me thinks she should get used to wearing that color.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-18 23:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

And I'm sure you'll cry a river the next time the Democrats blow something small out of proportion in an attempt to smear a Republican candidate. It'll involve a lot less than an FBI investigation and the mishandling of classified documents, I'm sure.
All it would take is an article in the newspaper.

Remember the 47%?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-18 23:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Vectivus said: »
does anyone here support the ruling of the supreme court on Citizens United that claims corporations are "people" ?
Yeah, way to misinterpret that case.

Corporations aren't people, they are entities who hold the same rights in the eyes of the law as people, but they are not people.

So, before you open your mouth and insert your foot, why don't you do some actual research next time, mmk?
By Vectivus 2015-08-19 03:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not a misinterpreted statement. If corporations are protected by the same laws of people as the supreme Court said they have first amendment rights in the ruling. Then there should be thousands of law suits over slavery and murder and cannibalism by these newly created persons. Hell you can even look at the corporate personhood which is not related to citizens United but is a gateway law to further give more rights and powers to corporations. I always thought the United States of America was a republic built on a constitution. But it seems it got bought out by all these big money interest that it truly is a oligarchy. I'm outraged
[+]
By charlo999 2015-08-19 05:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's coming to a head in front of our eyes. China is falling first as one of the biggest exporters and losers, as it sets in the money they have been propping up is worthless and unredeemable. The domino effect has begun and it's inevitable when you just do the maths. The 'passed round world' debt made by debt lending can only go one way. And the world has run out of people to pass it around.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-19 05:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
China is falling first as one of the biggest exporters and losers, as it sets in the money they have been propping up is worthless and unredeemable.
Nah not really at all.

China's only problem is their slowdown in growth which has dropped to only 7%. It wasn't as high as they expected and/or wanted to continue down the path they laid out. So now they have to adjust, which is China's weak spot in terms of change relative to speed. Slow to adjust and minuscule changes during that slow process.

I was actually surprised how quickly they lowered their currency. I thought they would have taken 2-3 months to do so, but they did it within a week and just enough to help with exports again. They're still slow on making the changes needed to be added to the IMF basket, but I don't blame them.
By Vectivus 2015-08-19 05:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
It's coming to a head in front of our eyes. China is falling first as one of the biggest exporters and losers, as it sets in the money they have been propping up is worthless and unredeemable. The domino effect has begun and it's inevitable when you just do the maths. The 'passed round world' debt made by debt lending can only go one way. And the world has run out of people to pass it around.

So true a by product of a banking system set up to do just that man the world really loves central banks and currency with no real value. Debt based currency is always doomed to fail. I think to this day only 3 nations in the world don't have central banks. Iran north Korea and Cuba.
First Page 2 3 ... 860 861 862 ... 1375 1376 1377