Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 855 856 857 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-08-18 09:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary's new campaign slogan is:

"I"m better than dirt well most kinds of dirt not that fancy store bought kind !"

That or Bernie Sanders...really Sanders he is the only other option followed by an evil laugh.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-18 09:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Jetackuu said: »
The person who wrote that is a complete fool. Not to even mention that the investigation isn't a criminal one...

That's a relief. I would hate to see a criminal being subject to a criminal investigation.

I'm not saying that she isn't one, but what crime is she actually guilty of that's been proven in a court of law Rav?

Well that's kind of the problem. She's so powerful that it's unlikely that she'll get her day in court.

I don't know how powerful she really is. Obama is powerful and I don't believe he has ever liked the Clintons. They have been in charge of the Dems for 20 years. There can be only one.

Her arrogance will do her in on this one. I cannot believe that "Snapchat" joke she made. That was a taunt at Federal Investigators.
By fonewear 2015-08-18 09:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary's e mail scandal will be investigated after she is elected just like she planned !

Since when has scandals ever stopped the Clintons.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 09:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
It's a Simpsons reference. Capitalistic in nature, so therefore right.

Highlander 2 came first and totally had a sun shield.

Holy *** I'm wrong. The Simpsons was totally first.

Not sure about that episode though since it's been on the air for 25 frickin' years.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-08-18 09:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Quit talking gibberish, there was no Highlander 2.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-18 09:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What if I told you that every reference comes from some other reference and there is no such thing as an original thought/idea !
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 09:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
What if I told you that every reference comes from some other reference and there is no such thing as an original thought/idea !

What if I told you that I suspect much of your commentary on society is projected rage, expressing your bitterness toward your apparently-unrewarding philosophy degree?

That's my working theory anyhow.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 09:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »

Quit talking gibberish, there was no Highlander 2.

Just because you're ashamed of - and remorseful about - a thing doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And don't even get me started on Endgame. Or the series after Richie died, for that matter.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-18 09:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What if I told you that I suspect much of your commentary on society is projected rage, expressing your bitterness toward your apparently-unrewarding philosophy degree?

That's my working theory anyhow.

Sounds like a half baked conspiracy theory from info wars.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 10:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, all I'm saying is that happy people who don't have philosophy degrees don't quote Nietzsche.

It might not be the best theory, or even close to right, but I'm just saying. There's some logical grounds for it being a valid theory.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-18 10:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I have a philosophy degree! One of my useless ones. I never really had much direction. I just kinda liked it once I took a class.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 10:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed for redundancy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 10:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary's e mail scandal will be investigated after she is elected just like she planned !

Since when has scandals ever stopped the Clintons.
There's only one clinton that knows how to charm their way out of a scandal, and he ain't running. She's tanking in the polls due to this criminal investigation.

I mean I suppose there's a magic "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" wand out there. Im sure there are ones that work in conjunction with Jeb but those probably won't work with trump.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 10:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I mean I suppose there's a magic "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" wand out there.

Makes sense. I always thought that this looked like Hillary Clinton.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 10:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

criminal investigation
Criminal investigation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command special agent processes a crime scene on an Army installation.
Al Asad Air Base, Iraq, – An Iraqi police officer in the Basic Criminal Investigation Course here lays down numbered tabs on a mock crime scene to mark evidence during the class’ final exercise.

Criminal investigation is an applied science that involves the study of facts, used to identify, locate and prove the guilt of a criminal. A complete criminal investigation can include searching, interviews, interrogations, evidence collection and preservation and various methods of investigation.[1] Modern-day criminal investigations commonly employ many modern scientific techniques known collectively as forensic science.

Criminal investigation is an ancient science that may have roots as far back as circa 1700 BCE in the writings of the Code of Hammurabi. In the code it is suggested that both the accuser and accused had the right to present evidence they collected.[2] In the modern era criminal investigations are most often done by government police forces. Private investigators are also commonly hired to complete or assist in criminal investigations.

An early recorded professional criminal investigator was the English constable. Around 1250 CE it was recorded that the constable was to "...record...matters of fact, not matters of judgment and law."[3] David L.Mathew

Yeah, still not a criminal investigation.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 10:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I suppose there's a magic "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" wand out there.

It looks more like Bernie Sanders.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 10:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

'tis true
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 10:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

When the fbi investigates something, something criminal has happened.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 11:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A complete criminal investigation can include searching, interviews, interrogations, evidence collection and preservation and various methods of investigation.

So, basically what's happening in the Clinton investigation.

In the modern era criminal investigations are most often done by government police forces.

Like the FBI.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 11:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet it's not a criminal investigation. They've said as such.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-18 11:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 11:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A complete criminal investigation can include searching, interviews, interrogations, evidence collection and preservation and various methods of investigation.

So, basically what's happening in the Clinton investigation.

In the modern era criminal investigations are most often done by government police forces.

Like the FBI.

These are promising deflection skills, I can see future employment on the Clinton spin team. Time is limited due to impending incarceration, apply today!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 11:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They are investigating the absence of records, if they determine that absence is deliberately in violation of a criminal law, they may choose to file charges. As it stands, it's not currently a criminal investigation. The difference is that they are trying to determine why there is documentation missing and if it poses a security risk. If they'd started out with a criminal investigation, they would have already determined that a crime had taken place, which they apparently still haven't.

Honestly, I don't like Hillary, but her poll numbers aren't dropping the way people would believe or hope outside of New Hampshire.

By the way, the FBI isn't strictly a police force, they are an investigative agency. The marshals would be the ones who handle policing actions.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-18 11:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When you've got nothing to add, post stupid pictures...
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 11:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not forget that, despite the illusion being broken, the Wizard did still manage to get the best out of people by getting them to dig deep and rely on themselves.~

Edit: Of course, the whole story is also allegory for supporting the Gold Standard, so, well. Grains of salt and all.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 11:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already clear that's she's lied several times about what was on her e-mail. She's already been found to have had classified information where it was not allowed to be. We know that she wiped a server clean after being asked to turn it over the first time. The FBI not coming out and saying directly that it's a criminal investigation is a matter of courtesy because of her position, not because it's not actually a criminal investigation.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 11:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Vote for Hillary: Getting screwed builds character!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 11:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already clear that's she's lied several times about what was on her e-mail.

It's not illegal to lie unless under oath

Quote:
She's already been found to have had classified information where it was not allowed to be. We know that she wiped a server clean after being asked to turn it over the first time.

The law that prohibits classified information on private servers was after her tenure, though. As far as "wiping a server clean", I've worked on email servers, mostly exchange. I promise you there is parity and almost certainly a backup, but clearing of primary storage is also just part of how an email server works. There's also only 1 sure fire way to wipe magnetic media clean, and that's incineration. Overwriting, degaussing, and even drilling holes in the media doesn't eliminate the data, and especially not a standard archiving process like those servers use.

Quote:
The FBI not coming out and saying directly that it's a criminal investigation is a matter of courtesy because of her position, not because it's not actually a criminal investigation.

Yeah, no, not really. They are investigating a possible security risk not a person. The goal of the investigation is to recover the classified data and determine how/why it was handled the way it was. She sure hasn't played ball with them, but from what I can tell, she was never under any obligation to sans the subpoena of the server, which they could have easily obtained a warrant for and didn't.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-18 11:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already clear that's she's lied several times about what was on her e-mail.

she's a politician... if she wasn't lying, she'd be dead.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 855 856 857 ... 1375 1376 1377