Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 839 840 841 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

God exists he is American though ! You were expecting Canadian... ha !
By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/rand-paul-faces-emerging-doubts-kentucky-121243.html?ml=po
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-08-11 17:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That is a lot of words but I do appreciate the effort !

Rick Perry is about as likeable as Jeb Bush which is to say not at all !
I am positive that in person, and not talking about politics, he would be charming.

The man is as slick as a greased python.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-11 17:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never been to Texas but I imagine they are pretty friendly.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-11 19:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Do you know anything about private loans period, Mister Trust Fund? Have you had to finance anything in your life?
You mean to tell me that an accountant who had to deal with banks for client's lending ability for years has no idea how private loans are made at all? And you get this information from where again?

Or did you not realize that CPAs constantly have to communicate with banks on a regular basis to get lines-of-credit for their clients due to their trustworthiness and personal value. It's ok if you didn't realize it, it's one of the many things you don't learn while picketing against businesses.

Have you ever had to worry about your inability to finance something because even though you have a great job and pay all of your bills quite timely, larger than the minimum payments, you still might not get a loan because you dared to be poor and get an education and it took time to network and get somewhere in your life?
And quite a few people who defaulted on their mortgages had great jobs and paid their bills timely, like you stated, before the housing crisis hit. You can thank Dodd-Frank for making it harder to get qualified due to that insane calculation in the law.

What I'm saying is that adding Facebook as a determining factor is going to exacerbate the existing problems in an imperfect system, and not helping anything.
And I agree with you. I wouldn't have had an argument with you if you didn't decide to make a blanket statement over all lending practices.

KN, I have generally liked you in the past despite our general differences, as beyond politics we share a sense of humor and a lot of common interests, but I don't know if it's the stress of your "new job," or the recent history of headbutting you've got with the mods, but you're being awfully insulting recently and it's a lot more personal than Nausi or Sav's random, wild accusations of mental disorders and general disdain.
I blame Rooks Bush.

I think you need a drink and a little more vacation time.
I hate alcohol, but I do need a vacation....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-11 19:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Rick Perry: Zombie
The Washington Post

Quote:
Rick Perry, who as Texas governor oversaw hundreds of executions, is no doubt used to the term "dead man walking." With news that his campaign has stopped paying staff due to cash flow problems, our Chris Cillizza suggests that the term might also apply to Perry -- or at least his candidacy.

But that's not quite right. The better analogy is probably that he'll be undead -- shuffling around surviving on someone else's brains (or, more accurately, money).

Perry was near the bottom of the pile in fundraising in the second quarter, and he spent 50 cents for every dollar he raised. That was through the end of June -- before he last-minute press for poll number spikes to get into that first debate. He had $800,000 on-hand July 1 -- not a whole lot to pay 400 staff, plus polls and travel and so on.

But that said, Rick Perry will not vanish from the campaign trail. "We’ve got plenty of money," Austin Barbour, the head of a super PAC backing Perry told our Robert Costa. "The super PAC is not going to let Rick Perry down." The PACs "saw this was coming," Barbour said, so it "started working on our own plan. We knew we would have to go build a ground game." So they'll pick up the slack in early primary states.

Super PACs, which aren't constrained in fundraising the way candidates are, can spend money on anything they see fit, as long as that doesn't get spent in coordination with the candidate. Which is why candidates all have super PACs backing them: it's a fail-safe mechanism for the candidacy at worst and, at best, a potential primary driver of it. Denizens of Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina will still see Perry advocates out and about, advocating -- but those advocates won't be paid by the Perry campaign. (Including, it seems, the ones that are actually on staff.)

Earlier this year, we noted that the campaigns of Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich in 2012 were kept alive thanks to an infusion of support from external PACs. In Huntsman's case, it was one run by his father; in Gingrich's, by billionaire Sheldon Adelson. Each managed to struggle forward for a few more weeks thanks to ads run by PACs; each faltered when that lifeblood was cut off. Jon Huntsman/Newt Gingrich/Rick Perry mounted to the front of some billionaire's dusty car as they try to run the rebellious Hillary Clinton off the road. [Editor's note: Philip assures me this is a reference to a popular movie.]

The nonchalance of Barbour's "we saw this coming" is pretty amazing. Granted, the campaign and its backers are in full-fledged this-is-no-big-deal spin mode right now. But even so, shrugging at "we figured the campaign would be unable to even pay its staff and we are prepared for that eventuality" may be honest but it's also revealing. The campaign itself was never essential to the effort. The PAC is.

So Zombie Rick Perry will shuffle around the primary states for a while, eventually joined by more and more zombies that in another time would have gracefully bowed out but now can keep going. Zombie Rick Santorum, Zombie Chris Christie: the Campaigning Dead. If enough stay in long enough, peeling away enough votes, the race shifts. There's no consolidation, and a guy polling at, say, 20-odd percent could start winning states.

Talk about television dramas.
And he ever got those smart glasses.
While I don't agree with Perry's stance on not paying his staff, I do have to admit that it is a way to preserve money. However, that article did nothing to discredit or demean Perry at all, even though it was obviously it's attempt to do so.

Still believe in the sensationalism Chanti?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 11:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You mean to tell me that an accountant who had to deal with banks for client's lending ability for years has no idea how private loans are made at all? And you get this information from where again?

Or did you not realize that CPAs constantly have to communicate with banks on a regular basis to get lines-of-credit for their clients due to their trustworthiness and personal value. It's ok if you didn't realize it, it's one of the many things you don't learn while picketing against businesses.

I'm saying there's a significant difference from being professionally required to evaluate these things and having to live them, and your answers indicate the answer is no. You haven't.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And I agree with you. I wouldn't have had an argument with you if you didn't decide to make a blanket statement over all lending practices.

Private loan lending practices are broken. I'm not trying to pin any one administration or law. The entire concept of a "credit score" is flawed. Not entirely broken. Not complete unfixable. Not without merit. But it is flawed.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-12 11:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Better version from the 90s.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Long-live surrealism.

Wouldn't being truly crazy be simply divine?
By fonewear 2015-08-12 11:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Long-live surrealism.

Wouldn't being truly crazy be simply divine?

If you spend enough time on FFXIAH you are half way there !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-12 11:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of crazy I wonder if Megyn Kelly is bleeding from her eyes or whatever !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-12 12:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear Rick Perry is joining the cast on The Walking Dead this fall. Maybe he's back on pain killers or something. I somewhat like him, but he's a worse speaker than W was the first time around.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 12:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I hear Rick Perry is joining the cast on The Walking Dead this fall. Maybe he's back on pain killers or something. I somewhat like him, but he's a worse speaker than W was the first time around.

I feel like Rick Perry would just start stabbing dissenters in the White House and making the Secret Service cover it up.

I'm not sure I'm 100% against that, either.

Maybe like.

85% against that.

I wouldn't want it to happen. But I can see the benefits is all I'm saying.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-12 12:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we really going to ignore the EPA disaster?

Miles and miles of natural riverscape ruined by big government beauracrats who, probably won't even loose their jobs over the mess.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-12 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

loose

lose*
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-12 12:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Miles and miles of natural riverscape ruined by big government beauracrats who, probably won't even loose their jobs over the mess.

Source?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-08-12 12:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

well.....we sure as hell ain't gunna swim in it... it looks like baby diarrhea....
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-08-12 12:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Source?

epa spill
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 12:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to know what's going on, but I'm seeing nothing on any reputable news sites I regularly visit...about the EPA/environmental issues...?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-08-12 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

better photo of water
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 12:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I see now. Mine waste spill. Ugh.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-12 12:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
loose

lose*

I'm posting on my phone most of the time these days. You'll all have to bear with me!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-12 12:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to know what's going on, but I'm seeing nothing on any reputable news sites I regularly visit...about the EPA/environmental issues...?

That's because you probably only visit liberal rags that have interest in keeping it out of the news cycle.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-12 12:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because you probably only visit liberal rags that have interest in keeping it out of the news cycle.

Or because it's got a lot of shock value and very little substance.

I'm curious why a handful of low level EPA workers were in a position to release such a large quantity of waste accidentally. Why was it pooled so close to the river or at all? Why was it able to be released by accident?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-12 12:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll all have to bear with me!
*a beer

*removes tap*
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 12:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't visit any sites that most conservative posters here use themselves. (mostly MSN, Yahoo, Reuters).

I have, however, not been hitting the news hard in general and sadly this is the kind of thing that gets swept under the carpet in election timeframes because we need to desperately know what thing the big candidate has said, and we need to know in 50-point font.

Actual news gets shoved below the fold.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 13:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Reuters, this is irritating for my own region.

Kraft Heinz to cut 2,500 jobs in U.S. and Canada
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-12 13:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Or because it's got a lot of shock value and very little substance.

I'm curious why a handful of low level EPA workers were in a position to release such a large quantity of waste accidentally. Why was it pooled so close to the river or at all? Why was it able to be released by accident?

Government incompetence.
First Page 2 3 ... 839 840 841 ... 1375 1376 1377