Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 832 833 834 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-06 11:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Balloontits Mc'Cleavage and Adonis Chiselface, now on at 9PM.

I don't know where you found the names of my children, but you need to back off, stalker.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-06 11:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I look at it this way. If I don't watch the Today show the terrorists win.

Actually I prefer CBS news. Cause I fit the old demographic.
By fonewear 2015-08-06 11:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

10 things I learned about the GOP

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/10-candidates-10-things-prove-debate/story?id=32905598

(too many words for our users to read)

I'll summarize:

Umm...it's way to early too take any of this ***seriously !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-06 11:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
The first of many fat guys to scare America by losing massive amounts of weight

Used surgery.

Cheater.

It's the American way.

See: Taxes, military spending, corporatism, banks.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 11:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Everyone I know talks about Netflix. And all this other new age ***. I tried it. Tons of movies I don't want to see. All for a low monthly payment !

Sounds like cable to me.

About 300 hours of hockey and a bunch of crap I don't want for $100/month.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-06 11:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone I know talks about Netflix. And all this other new age ***. I tried it. Tons of movies I don't want to see. All for a low monthly payment !

Sounds like cable to me.

Cable companies are struggling for ad dollars with so many people getting their entertainment online. Expect those packages to start dwindling and an a la carte system to take it's place.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 11:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Sounds like cable to me.

Cable companies are struggling for ad dollars with so many people getting their entertainment online. Expect those packages to start dwindling and an a la carte system to take it's place.

I'm hoping.

Give me NBC/NBCSN/Root Sports/BBC America and I'm pretty much set. Maybe throw in the ESPN package in the event that ESPN stops being douche canoes about hockey. I think they're lined up to run the World Cup of Hockey in a few years here, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-06 11:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this "hockey" that you speak of? Is that the Canadian ice skating thing where they hit each other with sticks?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-06 11:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
What is this "hockey" that you speak of? Is that the Canadian ice skating thing where they hit each other with sticks?

It's that sport that very few sport fans care to watch !

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2015/06/03/regular-season-mlb-has-higher-tv-ratings-than-nhl-game-7s-on-friday-and-saturday/

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-06 12:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2015/06/03/regular-season-mlb-has-higher-tv-ratings-than-nhl-game-7s-on-friday-and-saturday/

Oh, those are the guys that have less teeth than my cousins in Indiana. I'm starting to draw the connection now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-06 12:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like cable to me.

a la carte will be more expensive and probably stifle out networks that aren't established. Part of the positive of a cable package is that crappier channels at least get a chance in a bundle.

Who's going to buy some no name junk off a menu?
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 12:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the sport that's got roughly 6x more action than your average American football game in the same amount of time. I'd give a multiplier for the amount of action it has over baseball, but multiplying anything by the zero excitement in baseball would be pointless.

And basketball is just a bunch of squeaking sneakers for 60 minutes that drives me mad regardless of what else may or may not be happening on the court.
By fonewear 2015-08-06 12:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be more exciting but tell that to the people that don't watch it !

It survives cause people are die hard fans.

And said die hard fans never stop telling you that...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-06 12:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there even any tactic in hockey?
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 12:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't get the fascination with baseball.

It's sooooooooo boring to watch. Fun to play, but *** terrible to watch.

The weather channel has more excitement.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 12:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And said die hard fans never stop telling you that...

Because people are always *** to you about it, so you're a *** back.

Kind of like how you react to atheists, but in reverse.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-06 12:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like cable to me.

a la carte will be more expensive and probably stifle out networks that aren't established. Part of the positive of a cable package is that crappier channels at least get a chance in a bundle.

Who's going to buy some no name junk off a menu?

The cable providers gain nothing from paying for programming nobody wants. If those content providers aren't willing to change with the times, let them die. Most content is made by one of the major studios, anyway, it's not like they'd let a network die. Those smaller networks will be bought up, repurposed, retooled, absorbed, etc. It's the last mile providers that you and I deal with, not the networks, and they are more concerned with getting paid than the quality of their service in the absence of competition. Make them compete with new media while still getting paid for your access to it, since they're already doing that in a less successful way.
By fonewear 2015-08-06 12:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Yea keep casual fans away !
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 12:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

More than baseball or basketball, probably less than football, but football you need to spell everything out for the people playing it because 85% of them playing wouldn't cut it mentally at Burger King if they couldn't play sports.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-06 12:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's soccer. On ice. With more aggression and guys getting stitches on the bench before going back in to play.

Conversely, baseball is a spot where guys take off 55 games for a sprain, soccer involves guys faking injuries.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 12:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The cable providers gain nothing from paying for programming nobody wants. If those content providers aren't willing to change with the times, let them die. Most content is made by one of the major studios, anyway, it's not like they'd let a network die. Those smaller networks will be bought up, repurposed, retooled, absorbed, etc. It's the last mile providers that you and I deal with, not the networks, and they are more concerned with getting paid than the quality of their service in the absence of competition. Make them compete with new media while still getting paid for your access to it, since they're already doing that in a less successful way.

Forget networks, ideally I'd be paying for individual programming as I want it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-06 12:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

More than baseball or basketball, probably less than football, but football you need to spell everything out for the people playing it because 85% of them playing wouldn't cut it mentally at Burger King if they couldn't play sports.

National Felon League strikes again!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-06 12:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that isn't going to happen. Or if it does you will be paying a lot for the very specific channel you want.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-06 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I don't really feel the need to defend any stereotypical American sports. I poke fun at all of them, and hockey was the topic this time.

Personally, the only sport that I think has enough action is unarmed, loincloth-only bear hunting.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-06 12:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I don't really feel the need to defend any stereotypical American sports. I poke fun at all of them, and hockey was the topic this time.

Personally, the only sport that I think has enough action is unarmed, loincloth-only bear hunting.

What about curling that is a sport right ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-06 12:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tennis is actually pretty fun to watch in small doses.

The Olympics gets me to care about things like Luge, Skiing and Beach Volleyball.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-06 12:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're talking about a pay per view model, there's already plenty of services that do that, as well as ones that let you subscribe to a particular type of media. I can see cable companies selling per channel, but on-demand models are already very successful, so I doubt they'd offer a service that directly competes with another service they already offer.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-06 12:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What about curling that is a sport right ?

Although I like curling more than hockey, I would venture to say that it needs a little more hockey influence. I would love to watch the people sweeping, only to see one of them get blindsided out of nowhere and slammed into a wall.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-06 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why curling is amazing:

Shouting hard gets me hard !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 12:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hah!

I'm just being the stereotypical hockey diehard getting his Jimmies rustled. Don't mind me.

Quote:

I personally am a fan of World's Strongest Man competitions and -- while I can't be sure -- I think me and my college roommates are responsible for poker being on ESPN more than once after spring break (or was it summer?) 2002 was spent with cases of Labatt Blue watching the first-ever televised (on ESPN) World Series of Poker.

I'm also a big fan of the Olympics -- summer and winter both.

Edit for Fone: I love curling, but that could be because it's the only sport that gets international coverage that otherwise-average people can play.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 832 833 834 ... 1375 1376 1377