Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 479 480 481 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-04 06:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently Jack Lew, Secretary of the Treasury, has some money for me and uses Yahoo email from Germany.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-04 06:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised that they actually were smart enough to use the right address at the very least.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-04 06:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm surprised that they actually were smart enough to use the right address at the very least.
The from one? Yeah that's easy. I've gotten ones where the IP header in the email had the correct IP address in Arizona, when they claimed it was from some government guy over there. I think I emailed that one directly to the FBI.

EDIT: Oh I see the street address, lol. Yeah I guess for some that's a tough one too.
By fonewear 2015-04-04 09:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

You kidding me there are hot local singles in my area !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-05 03:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Seriously? In an uncalled for, extremely cruel moment, Fox anchor Chris Wallace fat-shamed Kelly Clarkson during a radio interview on Friday, April 4. Instead of talking politics, the Fox News Sunday host began discussing the singer's weight on The Mike Gallagher Show.

Completely off topic, the men began to randomly discuss Little Caesar's bacon-wrapped crust pizza and fat-shaming. But before Wallace could say his piece, Gallagher was first to bring up the American Idol alum.

"Have you seen Kelly Clarkson? You know the singer, Kelly Clarkson? Holy cow, did she blow up," Gallagher said, via Mediate.

Wallace paused for a moment, and replied: "Really? Do we want to talk about some of your friends? Kelly Clarkson's got a lovely voice." He continued: "She could stay off the deep dish pizza for a little while."

Sadly, this isn't the first time Clarkson, 32, has been criticized for her weight following her pregnancy with daughter River Rose, whom she welcomed with husband Brandon Blackstock in June 2014. Last month, British TV personality Katie Hopkins said that Clarkson had eaten her backup singers.

Clarkson responded to the ruthless comments during The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Friday. "I love that people think [the topic] is new. Like, welcome to the past 13 years," she said, shrugging off the insults. "I yo-yo. Sometimes I'm more fit and I get into kickboxing and hardcore, and then sometimes I don't and go, 'Nope, I'd rather have wine!'"
Chris Wallace Fat-Shames Kelly Clarkson: "She Could Stay Off the Deep Dish Pizza"
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-05 19:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not quoting the article because it provides no useful information. I don't care about basketball nor follow it at all. My question is what did he say?

Andrew Harrison's age does not excuse idiotic slur toward Frank Kaminsky

Apparently it was some racial slur from a black player to a white player. Had the roles been reversed, people would be drooling all over themselves for him to be fired, fined, demonized, etc.

It's interesting though that the media is trying to push the idea of it being bad, but I have no idea what he said.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-06 09:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Post some real news

yeah chaos... the political and religious fallout from this episode will probably rock the globe off it's axis... good call
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-06 10:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Post some real news

yeah chaos... the political and religious fallout from this episode will probably rock the globe off it's axis... good call
Feels yo!
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-06 10:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently, HBO's 'Vice' covered the issue of commercialized surrogacy in India. I know the strings of "designer babies" has been plucked upon here a few times.

The reporter's thoughts and the final segment to the episode. As a preface to those who may not watch 'Vice' or do not have HBO, as in most cases with in vetro fertilization, multiple embryos are implanted into the surrogate, which leads to either multiple births or a couple aborted fetuses in utero to meet the needs of the customer.

Apparently, Oprah has given an enthusiastic thumbs up to the most notable surrogacy/in vetro baby farm and its founder. (How did she receive a following again? :/)
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-06 10:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

People who spend thousands of dollars on fancy pregnancy drugs and rackets like this perplex the hell out of me.

You want children, but are unwilling/unable to carry them yourself?

There are litereally hundreds of thousands -- if not millions -- of children, both domestically and abroad, that you could give a wonderful life to by adopting them.

I understand the adoption process can be very difficult.

But if you're not willing to go through that to make a child's life better, then what the *** makes you think you're cut out to be a parent in the first place?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-06 10:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it has more to do with people desperate for money in India.

It's like prostitution on a whole other level.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-06 10:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Great episode, but very depressing when you realize just how uninformed and unwilling to be informed people are.

On John Oliver, Edward Snowden Says Keep Taking *** Pics

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-06 10:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
People who spend thousands of dollars on fancy pregnancy drugs and rackets like this perplex the hell out of me.

There are litereally hundreds of thousands -- if not millions -- of children, both domestically and abroad, that you could give a wonderful life to by adopting them.

But if you're not willing to go through that to make a child's life better, then what the *** makes you think you're cut out to be a parent in the first place?
People don't always want to adopt kids.

Through surrogacy you can still have a little piece of yourself in their instead of just adopting a stranger.

Its not someones individual responsibility nor is it any kind of requirement that if you're unwilling or unable to give birth that you must pick from the pool of children already out there. It doesn't make them any less cut out to be a parent either.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 10:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprise surprise a widely unregulated industry has wide results ranging from children being sold on the black market to women being treated like cattle on a farm.

Better pack her with corn and soybeans, our investors are expecting nothing less than the most healthy child the third world can produce!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-06 10:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Adoption is still taboo and people have a disposition to wanting their own child, made of their own genetic material. It takes a special type of person to adopt, it's certainly not everyone.

People with enough disposable income to farm out (literally) childbirth typically see the process as the best use of time or can't make their own. Best use of time, no 'downsides' (on your end at least) and a kid to boot? Sweeet.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-06 10:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Its not someones individual responsibility nor is it any kind of requirement that if you're unwilling or unable to give birth that you must pick from the pool of children already out there. It doesn't make them any less cut out to be a parent either.

I don't necessarily think you're not cut out to be a parent if you don't want to adopt at all. I think it makes you less cut out to be a parent if your excuse for not adopting is "it's too hard".
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-06 10:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
People with enough disposable income to farm out (literally) childbirth typically see the process as the best use of time or can't make their own. Best use of time, no 'downsides' (on your end at least) and a kid to boot? Sweeet.

Again I say that if it's because you can't have your own and you refuse to adopt, then maybe you shouldn't be having any (or any more) kids anyhow.

As for "best use of their time"? If you only want a child if it will be "convenient"? *** off. Since when is having kids "convenient"?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-06 10:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Through surrogacy you can still have a little piece of yourself in their instead of just adopting a stranger.

It's like anything else - people generally want something that is all their own, which is why when it comes to having children, adoption is usually a last resort, or not an option at all.

It takes a special kind of person to adopt.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-06 10:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Adoption is still taboo and people have a disposition to wanting their own child, made of their own genetic material.

This mindset disgusts me. It's selfish and indicative of a primative, backward mindset that's best left behind with "rape as a valid means of procreation".
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-06 10:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, throw all the "feels" accusations you want at me, they're probably warranted. I've just got personal ties to the issue and the idea that surrogacy seems to be culturally and socially more "acceptable" or "more natural" in terms of it being "your child" is just...it makes my stomach churn.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-06 10:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

And? What does this have to do with people seeking out the lowest bidder abroad, leading to undercutting, thus, worse pre-natal care, at the risk of the well-being of the host mother and child(ren), and creates a blackmarket of infants?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-06 10:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
And? What does this have to do with people seeking out the lowest bidder abroad, leading to undercutting, thus worse pre-natal care, at the risk of the well-being of the host mother and child(ren), and creates a blackmarket of infants?

They're almost two seperate issues. One is India's lack of care for women and public health (not a new issue for India). The other is America's perception of pregnancy, child bearing, etc. (Which has always been problematic, imo).

The two issues just sort of intertwine into a hot mess of "what the *** is happening here?"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-06 10:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't necessarily think you're not cut out to be a parent if you don't want to adopt at all. I think it makes you less cut out to be a parent if your excuse for not adopting is "it's too hard".
Based on what? There are many factors that would make it a lot harder to raise a kid you'd have adopted. Can you imagine raising your own kid from birth as opposed to possibly an 8 y/o that has been raised in the foster system and doesn't know or trust you or anyone for that matter?

It doesn't make you less cut out to be a parent at all. Parenting is pretty much a trial by fire type of thing anyways. None of us really seem to find out til it actually happens.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-06 10:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And? What does this have to do with people seeking out the lowest bidder abroad, leading to undercutting, thus, worse pre-natal care, at the risk of the well-being of the host mother and child(ren), and creates a blackmarket of infants?
Did you see that this is a response to Remo and not your article hence why his reply is quoted?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-06 10:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on what? There are many factors that would make it a lot harder to raise a kid you'd have adopted. Can you imagine raising your own kid from birth as opposed to possibly an 8 y/o that has been raised in the foster system and doesn't know or trust you or anyone for that matter?

It doesn't make you less cut out to be a parent at all. Parenting is pretty much a trial by fire type of thing anyways. None of us really seem to find out til it actually happens.

Okay, well, if you're okay with saying adoption isn't an issue because "it's too hard", please join the line of people who are willing to give the stamp of approval to abortions for the sake of genetic defects because "it's too hard".

I understand not everyone is willing to adopt. I just think that if you can't have your own, and you're unwilling to adopt because "it's too hard", maybe you should just buy a cat and get a new hobby because kids are, apparently, not in the cards for you.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-06 10:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And? What does this have to do with people seeking out the lowest bidder abroad, leading to undercutting, thus worse pre-natal care, at the risk of the well-being of the host mother and child(ren), and creates a blackmarket of infants?

They're almost two seperate issues. One is India's lack of care for women and public health (not a new issue for India). The other is America's perception of pregnancy, child bearing, etc. (Which has always been problematic, imo).

The two issues just sort of intertwine into a hot mess of "what the *** is happening here?"

I think that's the only reason it initiated a bizarre fascination. The two topics compounded into a visible, cross-oceanic/cultural stomach churner.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-06 11:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Great episode, but very depressing when you realize just how uninformed and unwilling to be informed people are.

On John Oliver, Edward Snowden Says Keep Taking *** Pics

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is why I love John Oliver...

"Why did you just send me a picture of your junk?"
"Because I love America"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-06 11:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, well, if you're okay with saying adoption isn't an issue because "it's too hard", please join the line of people who are willing to give the stamp of approval to abortions for the sake of genetic defects because "it's too hard".

I understand not everyone is willing to adopt. I just think that if you can't have your own, and you're unwilling to adopt because "it's too hard", maybe you should just buy a cat and get a new hobby because kids are, apparently, not in the cards for you.
That's one of the biggest lines of *** I've ever heard. Just because a person doesn't care if someone would rather have a surrogate than adopt a kid doesn't mean they approve of or endorse abortion for whatever reason. Trying to lend some kind of legitimacy to your argument by tying something else to it doesn't really work.

There's quite a few people that don't give a ***if people get an abortion so you should probably get a better argument. Not to mention its not illegal in our nation. I could have sworn I've hear you argue for the pro-choice side before as well but I guess you're only ok with it if it meets certain requirements you impose upon the person?

There are plenty of people who are unwilling to adopt that have surrogates and are great parents. An unwillingness to adopt coupled with the inability or unwillingness to give birth does not make someone unfit to be a parent. Your qualifiers are just born out of your own twisted sense of morality.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-06 11:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Baby black markets... promising new business venture?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-06 11:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

An unwillingness to adopt coupled with the inability or unwillingness to give birth does not make someone unfit to be a parent.

Hey, remember how this is my opinion? There are lot of things that make people unfit to be parents, and a lot of those people still have kids.

Your qualifiers are just born out of your own twisted sense of morality.

As opposed to *** what? Your feelings based on your sense of morality?

But yours is fine and mine is twisted. Riiiggghhttt...

There are plenty of people who are unwilling to adopt that have surrogates and are great parents.

Fine, whatever you say. But I think they're selfish people -- or, at least, extremely short-sighted people -- who are more concerned with their biological compulsion to have their own genetic legacy live on than they are with actually having, caring for, and loving a child.
First Page 2 3 ... 479 480 481 ... 1375 1376 1377