Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 320 321 322 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-02-24 10:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Going to need more than I'm a woman to win an election at least I hope so...

Like I said. I suspect most people expect Bill v2.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-24 10:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

For a limited time only, try Bill Clinton 2.0! Now available with far less charisma!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still watching Janet Yellen I need to reevaluate my life !
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-02-24 10:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

For a limited time only, try Bill Clinton 2.0! Now available with far less charisma!

If you liked Slick Willy, you'll love Slick Hilly!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 10:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
She's not even good at pretending she has feelings though. I really don't get this one. Seriously. She has no history of leadership. She is divisive. She has a long history of corruption. She is disgustingly rich and selfish. She defended child sex offenders as a lawyer. She was a Wal-Mart executive. She is heartless and her laughter makes people shiver. I will never understand the liberal attraction to Hillary.
It has nothing to do with qualifications, past history, policies, or anything that would remotely be considered a decent skill in leadership.

2016 is all about electing a woman, regardless of anything else other than being a woman.

Just like 2008 was about electing the black guy, 2016 is about electing a woman.

Unfortunately in order for the GOP to be in the running, they're going to have a woman running as well.

If the GOP was smart, they would need to one up the democrats and run an openly gay man. Hell if they had a transsexual running that would guarantee them 8 years.

In case you haven't picked up on it by now, presidential elections for the next 16 years at least will be all about genitals, sexual orientation, and gender identity.

Consequently, this is a result of a sexually repressed society. It was inevitable.

Sex sells, regardless of whether or not it applies to you personally. I would speculate after this trend takes its course, the next trend will be to elect people of a different ethnicity and nationality. Expect to see some overlap as we saw with Obama already.

We already had a republican government who attempted to change the Constitution to allow non native born citizens to run for president.

Qualifications...? Just need to fit the trend.

Speak ill of this? You're racist, sexist, homophobic, a bigot, etc.

Welcome to the Fourth Reich.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How about a gay black man that identifies as a woman sure to rule the Earth for the next 100 years !

Just once I'd like to see an attractive woman be President. If only politicians didn't run for office when they are 75 !
By Ramyrez 2015-02-24 10:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Consequently, this is a result of a sexually repressed society. It was inevitable.

Everything else aside, including the Godwinning, this particular bit is pretty spot-on.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-24 10:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure we've already had gay Presidents.
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think we should do the American Idol system to elect Presidents. Participation would be way up and the results may not be that bad !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 10:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything else aside, including the Godwinning, this particular bit is pretty spot-on.
Repression extends to minorities (race, ethnicity) as well. Forgot that part.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 10:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure we've already had gay Presidents.
Probably, but not openly.

It's all about appearances.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to the white race being a minority! I can be the white Al Sharpton then !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-24 10:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

She's not even good at pretending she has feelings though. I really don't get this one. Seriously. She has no history of leadership. She is divisive. She has a long history of corruption. She is disgustingly rich and selfish. She defended child sex offenders as a lawyer. She was a Wal-Mart executive. She is heartless and her laughter makes people shiver. I will never understand the liberal attraction to Hillary.

there you go looking at the score card again...

she paid her dues, she towed the line, her bonafides are genuine....

think of it this way it might help... we (republicans) are playing football against an troupe of interpretive dancers....and loosing.... because final scores don't matter

It's like an art exhibit or maybe a fashion show. obama was hot last season and old and screechy is in this year, cue the hillary

If you buy a painting it's because it's a good investment
it's by an artist that sells well, it has a good purchase history, etc dollars and sense...

they are standing there looking at two paintings and deciding which one to buy based on what someone else thinks about it...

they come to a consensus on things.... they all stand around appreciating the two art works until one group of voices drowns out the other and bam there is the candidate.

whoever makes the most impassioned plea wins.

the really real reason hillary will get the nomination is because liberals feel bad for the way she was treated her in 2008.

that's it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-24 10:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

woman is the new black

see, chaos gets it.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-24 10:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Good is the new Evil.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-24 10:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think we should do the American Idol system to elect Presidents. Participation would be way up and the results may not be that bad !

Gabriel Iglesias did a joke about this many years ago.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-24 10:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And so has just about every other fat comedian
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-24 10:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

Except his was funny.

And what has fat got to do with it?
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They still have comedians not from what I've seen on Comedy Central...

You fat shaming fascist you !
By Bloodrose 2015-02-24 10:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Except his was funny.

Observable fact. Also, some of the other comedians were just as funny, if not funnier than Gabriel's jokes. And Gabriel is damn funny
By Ramyrez 2015-02-24 10:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Except his was funny.

Observable fact. Also, some of the other comedians were just as funny, if not funnier than Gabriel's jokes. And Gabriel is damn funny

You're getting to be as bad as Jet...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood you can't use the word fat it is hurtful to the "body positive image" crowd !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 10:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The head of the National Security Agency refused to comment on Monday on reports that the U.S. government implants spyware on computer hard drives for surveillance purposes, saying "we fully comply with the law."

U.S. Navy Admiral Michael Rogers was responding to reports that the NSA had embedded spyware in computers on a vast scale and that along with its British counterpart, had hacked into the world's biggest manufacturer of cellphone SIM cards.

"Clearly I'm not going to get into the specifics of allegations. But the point I would make is, we fully comply with the law," Rogers said at a Washington forum sponsored by the New America think-tank.

The Moscow-based security software maker Kaspersky Lab said last week that spies had figured out how to embed spy software deep within hard drives by Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba and other top manufacturers, giving the agency the means to eavesdrop on a majority of the world's computers. Former NSA operatives told Reuters the agency was behind the campaign.

Another report, based on documents provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden and published by the Intercept site, said the U.S. agency and its British counterpart hacked into Gemalto, which produces SIM cards. That would potentially allow intelligence agencies to monitor the calls, texts and emails of billions of people, the report said.

Rogers, whose agency has come under intense scrutiny since 2013 when Snowden exposed details of its widespread surveillance programs, said: "I am not going to chase every allegation out there. I don't have time."

Even as he declined comment on the reports of aggressive NSA operations, Rogers argued that U.S. intelligence, along with law enforcement agencies, needs the legal means to break strong encryption increasingly built into operating systems such as those of Apple or Google.

"Most of the debate that I've seen has been, 'It's all or nothing. It's either total encryption or no encryption at all,'" Rogers said.

If a specific phone is being used to commit a crime or threaten national security, "can't there be a legal framework for how we access that?" he asked.
NSA chief declines comment on spyware reports, says programs lawful
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This will help:

By Ramyrez 2015-02-24 10:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood you can't use the word fat it is hurtful to the "body positive image" crowd !

Not where I was going with that at all...it just seemed irrelevant to the point...
By Bloodrose 2015-02-24 10:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but it *is* an observable fact.

And I'm not running around hiding behind "semantics" or changing the definition of words, accusing people they don't know what a word means, or anything like that.
By fonewear 2015-02-24 11:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood facts aren't allowed here only opinions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-24 11:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood facts aren't allowed here only opinions.

I also don't appreciate the word "semantics". Blood should be above gender discrimination. I propose it be changed to "sepersontics".
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 11:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Semantics my trigger an eight page discussion of the definition of the word...semantics is.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-24 11:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a Canadian, the only things we're above are: Americans, and drunk Irish people.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 320 321 322 ... 1375 1376 1377