Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 306 307 308 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-20 14:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait there is more ! I got all this from Wikipedia so it has to be true:

When paying charity becomes a burden.[38]
People will compete in the construction of very tall buildings.[39]
Women appearing naked despite their being dressed.[40]
Seeking knowledge from misguided and astray scholars.[41]
The liar is believed, the truthful is called a liar and the honest is called a traitor.[42]
The death of righteous knowledgeable people.[43]
The emergence of indecency (obscenity), enmity among relatives and neighbours.[44]
The rise of idolatry and polytheists, in the community.[45]
The Euphrates will uncover a mountain of gold.[46]
Estrangement of Islam.[47]
When the land of the Arabs returns to being a land of rivers and fields.[48]
The Romans (Christians and the Western world) would form a majority amongst people.[49]
Earning of money through unlawful (Haram) ways increases.[50]
When there is much rain but little vegetation.[51]
Evil People will be expelled from Al-Madinah.[52]
Wild animals communicate with humans, and a man speaks to his whip or his shoe,and his thigh will tell him about what happened to his family after he left.[53]
Increase in thunderbolts.[54]
There will be a special greeting for the people of distinction.[55]
Trade will become so widespread that a woman will help her husband in business.[56]
No truly honest man will remain and no one will be trusted.[57]
Only the worst people will be left;they will not know any good or forbid any evil (i.e. No one will say there is no God but Allah).[58]
Nations will call each other to destroy Islam (Islamic values, culture, teachings, Muslims) by any and every means.[59]
Qur'an and Islamic knowledge will be passed on, but no one will follow it correctly.[60]
Muslim rulers will come who do not follow the guidance and tradition of the Sunnah. Some of their men will have the hearts of devils in a human body.[61]
Stinginess (being Miserly) will Appear, Honourable people will perish and Dishonourable people would prevail.[62]
A man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly whilst shunning his father.[63]
Voices are raised in the mosques.[64]
The leader of a people is the worst of them.[65]
People treat a man with respect because they fear some evil he may do.[66]
Much wine is drunk.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-02-20 14:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Minor signs of the Apocalypse according to Muslims:
Jews fighting Muslims.[37]

[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 14:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Again with the Jews the original instigators !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-20 14:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Sounds like a whole lot of talk to me. The only reason the major world powers haven't destroyed ISIS yet is because they haven't done anything quite stupid enough. Attacking the Vatican would bring a crap-ton of nations into the conflict that otherwise don't care what ISIS does.
Meanwhile they keep invading more countries and I don't doubt they'll actually send troops to Italy. We never act and we are historically known as military incapable. They could send 10 guys and we'd have probably lost the country.
Ok, maybe not 10...make it 12.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 14:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People will fornicate in the streets 'like donkeys'.

Sounds like Mardi Gras !

That is a major sign btw:

A huge black smoke cloud will cover the earth.
The sun will rise from the west.[75][76]
The first trumpet blow will be sounded by Israfil, and all that is in heavens and earth will be stunned and die except what God wills, silence envelops everything for forty (an undetermined period of time)
The second trumpet blow will be sounded, the dead will return to life and a fire will start that shall gather all to Mahshar Al Qiy'amah (The Gathering for Judgment).
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 14:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sounds like a whole lot of talk to me. The only reason the major world powers haven't destroyed ISIS yet is because they haven't done anything quite stupid enough. Attacking the Vatican would bring a crap-ton of nations into the conflict that otherwise don't care what ISIS does.
Meanwhile they keep invading more countries and I don't doubt they'll actually send troops to Italy. We never act and we are historically known as military incapable. They could send 10 guys and we'd have probably lost the country. Ok, maybe not 10...make it 12.

Nah, they'll probably just send a half-dozen guys to France and take over Italy with what's left over.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-02-20 14:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Why are there direct threats against Italy anyway? I must have missed the events which lead to single Italy out as target of hatred.
They just reached Libya, which is right in front of us, so it's gonna be very easy for them to either come(or to nuke us if they get hands on that stuff). They keep claiming they want to reach Rome, probably for the Vatican. And of course, like I said before Italy is the best gateway for accessing Europe.
I heard of a branch in Libya doing attacks as well as egypt bombings on them. Didn't hear of any messages from them though.
Did the threats impact the italian society?

Yesterday I was watching a european magazin which had chinese in Italy as theme. Are the tensions really that bad?
By Bloodrose 2015-02-20 14:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile they keep invading more countries and I don't doubt they'll actually send troops to Italy. We never act and we are historically known as military incapable. They could send 10 guys and we'd have probably lost the country. Ok, maybe not 10...make it 12.

Nah, they'll probably just send a half-dozen guys to France and take over Italy with what's left over.
So they'll take over with some French guy's croissant?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
So they'll take over with some French guy's croissant?
Is that a double entendre? If so, then yes.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 14:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

She can butter my biscuit any day ! Wait what are we talking about ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-02-20 14:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are all pretty good, but I like my apocalypses(?) with more magic lambs, scrolls, an all-trumpet jazz band and guys on horseback riding around being jerks. Makes the end of the world so much more video-gamey.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-02-20 14:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt even France would wave the white flag to ISIS. No-one wants to lose their head.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-20 15:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ISIS' secret weapon against Italy:

[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 15:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Obama was the prophet Muhammad ? He is part of the end times.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 15:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That's the problem, isn't it? Instead of getting quality people in public sector jobs, they go after the most unqualified and least proficient people they can, for "fairness."

People actually qualified for the job of running the federal government are shunned because they are "too <insert stereotype>"
With a claim like that, I'm sure you can provide a citation.

From my own limited experience, the only government employees who have ever struck me as incompetent, unqualified, and highly deserving of a punch in the face are some (but not all) of the people working in the BMV. It shocks me how completely lacking in basic social mores these people are, and that's saying a lot coming from someone who holds social mores in moderate contempt. Otherwise, every postal employee I've met, every welfare employee, every official at polling places, has seemed competent and capable. Are cops technically government employees? I've met a few of those who seemed incompetent, I guess.
Unfortunately, there is not a study that compares the quality of workers between public and private sector jobs.

However, federal unions have a stronger presence than nearly all private unions. Meaning that it's almost impossible to fire a federal worker for anything less than severe incompetency. If you don't believe me, then here you go. Have fun with that website.

It also doesn't help that the only governmental employees you deal with are state employees. When you start having to deal with federal employees, then you will understand what I mean by referring them to being the most inefficient and unproductive group of people in the nation.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 15:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

When you start having to deal with federal employees, then you will understand what I mean by referring them to being the most inefficient and unproductive group of people in the nation.

Hey now. Don't you dare be taking that title away from Comcast Customer Service. They've earned it.
By fonewear 2015-02-20 15:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss Comcast yea they suck but they provided me higher internet speeds !

You don't want to have DSL after having cable internet...
By fonewear 2015-02-20 15:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know the real reason ISP provide slower speed cause the Jews are hogging up all the bandwidth !
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-20 15:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"Trade becomes so widespread that a woman will help her husband in business" as a sign of the end of times.

L.O.L.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 15:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When you start having to deal with federal employees, then you will understand what I mean by referring them to being the most inefficient and unproductive group of people in the nation.

Hey now. Don't you dare be taking that title away from Comcast Customer Service. They've earned it.
Call this now: 1-866-255-0654.

If you are lucky, you might be able to talk to an agent by Monday afternoon. Mind you, you have to be put on hold all of the freaking time.

But seriously, Comcast CS is at least paid to be somewhat polite.

IRS is paid to give you ***and be as unfriendly and unhelpful as much as possible. And don't get me started on IRS auditors.

Those people are dumb as ***, they don't even know anything about the freaking IRC code!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 15:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've witnessed this at a Phish concert:

Wild animals communicate with humans, and a man speaks to his whip or his shoe,and his thigh will tell him about what happened to his family after he left
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Call this now: 1-866-255-0654. If you are lucky, you might be able to talk to an agent by Monday afternoon. Mind you, you have to be put on hold all of the freaking time.

Being on hold isn't so bad, relatively. Being transferred to 2-3 different departments after saying my name, address, etc. and describing my problem to each one before they decide that it's some other department that is supposed to help me is the annoying part.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-20 15:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, we will just become their allies. That is the italian way, we never lose wars, we just switch sides when the time is right. When UN will start bombing ISIS again then we'll come back to the good side np.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 15:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Call this now: 1-866-255-0654. If you are lucky, you might be able to talk to an agent by Monday afternoon. Mind you, you have to be put on hold all of the freaking time.

Being on hold isn't so bad, relatively. Being transferred to 2-3 different departments after saying my name, address, etc. and describing my problem to each one before they decide that it's some other department that is supposed to help me is the annoying part.
Oh, you get that with the IRS too.

And when they transfer you to a different department, expect to wait just as long as you did to talk to the operator in the first place!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 15:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Comcast: if the merger goes through

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 15:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Comcast is in Texas?

All I get is AT&T and whatever wireless networks that's offered.

My ISP is Clear.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 15:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That is only if the merger happens. Still they dominate the country I have two options for ISP Verizon DSL or Comcast. Both aren't good.

Comcast internet is fine just more expensive than any other ISP
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-02-20 15:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Comcast is all over Houston. My brother has to deal with them.
By fonewear 2015-02-20 15:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping for Verizon Fios cause places nearby have it but I don't think it is going to happen.

I'll give Comcast credit I didn't have any major internet outages in like two years. But they jack up the price after two years so.

The TV service sucks it would mess up all the time though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 15:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Comcast is all over Houston. My brother has to deal with them.
Which is all the more surprising, since AT&T headquarters is in Dallas.

I know AT&T is big in South Central. San Antonio has a major call center here, plus the Spurs arena is the AT&T Center.
First Page 2 3 ... 306 307 308 ... 1375 1376 1377