Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 294 295 296 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-02-17 16:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Speaking of Scotch I haven't had some in quite a while I'm past due.
After reading Chaosx's post I think I will join you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-17 20:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here's the story to end all stories:

Fox (so it's opinionated):
Quote:
State Department spokesperson Marie Harf said on MSNBC that the U.S. cannot "kill our way out" of the war against ISIS, bringing up job creation as a long-term solution to stopping the terror army.

"We’re killing a lot of them and we’re going to keep killing more of them, so are the Egyptians, so are the Jordanians. They’re in this fight with us. But we cannot win this war by killing them, we cannot kill our way out of this war," Harf said. "We need, in the longer term, medium and longer term, to go after the root causes that lead people to join these groups, whether it’s lack of opportunity for jobs."

"We can work with countries around the world to help improve their governance. We can help them build their economies, so they can have job opportunities for these people."

Laura Ingraham said on "Fox and Friends" that the Obama administration's strategy in the fight against ISIS is growing "increasingly untenable."

She pointed out that many of the people who have joined ISIS were actually middle class and upper middle class citizens who were employed and had plenty of opportunities.

"This is an insult to all the people in the world who are actually poor and are not blowing people up and not targeting Christians," Ingraham said. "This is a religious war. The rest of the world is waking up to this and there's one person ... who doesn't get this, and it's the President of the United States"

Ingraham asserted that Obama and people like Harf are hurting the cause of destroying evil because they refuse to call it what it is.
'We Can't Kill Our Way Out': State Dept Cites 'Lack of Jobs' for Rise of ISIS

Politico:
Quote:
State Department spokesperson Marie Harf said Monday night that the battle against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant will be a “longer fight.”

“We cannot win this war by killing them; we cannot kill our way out of this war,” Harf said on MSNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews.”

She continued, “We need in the longer term … to go after root causes that leads people to join these groups.”

Harf said the State Department is focused on stopping the causes of terrorism in the Middle East, such as lack of job opportunities, poor education for young people and weak governance in countries where extremism flourishes. In the short term, Harf said, U.S.-led air strikes are taking ISIL leaders and fighters off the battlefield.

“There is no easy solution in the long term to preventing and combating Islamic extremism, but if we can help countries work at the root causes of this,” Harf said, “maybe we can try to chip away at this problem while at the same time going after the threat.”

Matthews responded that Americans do not have time for a longer approach and will continue to be “humiliated morally.”

Harf then urged Americans who would like faster action to contact their member of Congress and push for the passage of President Barack Obama’s three-year war authorization against ISIL, which was introduced to Congress last Wednesday.

“This isn’t just a fight in Iraq or Syria, and it’s not just a fight about dropping bombs on terrorists,” Harf said. “It’s really how we stop the causes that lead to extremism.”

On Wednesday, the Obama administration will host a Summit on Countering Violent Extremism “to highlight domestic and international efforts to prevent violent extremists” from “radicalizing, recruiting, or inspiring individuals … to commit acts of violence,” the White House said in a statement.

According to Harf, representatives from about 60 countries will attend the Washington, D.C., conference.

Harf took to Twitter on Tuesday to defend her comments after an outpouring of conservative criticism on Fox News and online.

“Military ldrs have long said [counter terrorism] takes more than military action,” she tweeted, citing former President George W. Bush and former Secretary of State Colin Powell’s past remarks on the need to combat poverty to fight terrorism.

Harf added, “Point is that pols across spectrum, military cmdrs, & CT experts all agree strategy needs to address conditions that allow extremism to grow.”
State Dept. spokeswoman: 'We cannot win this war by killing them'

When you cut through all the BS I'm sorta inclined to believe them in a way. If you have a decent job that you can live comfortably off of, then waging jihad seems silly.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-18 07:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pharma Business Connections to Hysterical Mom’s Hate-Filled Tirade Against “Anti-Vaxers”
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 07:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh looky, another flower-head youtube post.

Tell us again about your stance against vaccines please. We all could use a good laugh.

Also, just to let you know, infowars is a conspiracy website with about as much basis on reality as your average flower-head. Which is to say, none at all.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-18 08:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You earlier said you always research what you post(LG), if you did you'd realize your stance against vaccines is purely demented.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 08:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's give him a chance to prove his anti-vaccine stance.

Flower-head, can you provide peer-reviewed accredited research signifying even the slightest correlation between vaccines and any argument you would have against them?
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 08:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In the USA there have been zero deaths from measles since 2004. But there have been over 100 deaths from vaccinations. Seems simple to me.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 08:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
In the USA there have been zero deaths from measles since 2004. But there have been over 100 deaths from vaccinations. Seems simple to me.
A) Zero measles deaths because vaccines prevents people from contracting it in the first place.

B) In countries that doesn't enforce measles vaccines, the death rate is around 146k children per year.

C) Before the measles vaccine was introduced. there were about 2.6 million children dying from it every year.

So, care to explain any of that?
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 08:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
A) Zero measles deaths because vaccines prevents people from contracting it in the first place.

B) In countries that doesn't enforce measles vaccines, the death rate is around 146k children per year.

C) Before the measles vaccine was introduced. there were about 2.6 million children dying from it every year.

So, care to explain any of that?
146K world wide in third world countries where poor diet and poor health are a way of life. If people in the USA did not succumb to hysteria and let their children just get measles they would not need the vaccine or boosters for the rest of their lives. Measles immunity is passed on to offspring vaccinated resistance is not. They used to have measles parties when I was a kid and no one died from it.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 08:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and by the way. I should have stated that there have been no deaths from measles from people that contracted it. Sorry kind of rushing around this morning.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-18 08:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowingly putting a child at risk for an infection outside of a controlled situation by doctors is negligence at best.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 08:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

146K world wide in third world countries where poor diet and poor health are a way of life.
Are you attributing diet as a cause for contracting measles?

Did you not even look at the source material I provided?

If people in the USA did not succumb to hysteria and let their children just get measles they would not need the vaccine or boosters for the rest of their lives.
So, you would have rather let 15-16 million children die because you think that vaccines either don't work or are deadly (btw, those "100" people who died from vaccines, not only are they rare cases, but that "100" amount is total cases, not yearly).

Measles immunity is passed on to offspring vaccinated resistance is not.
Do you have any evidence to support this? I highly doubt you do.

They used to have measles parties when I was a kid and no one died from it.
Never heard of that, care to elaborate?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 08:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and by the way. I should have stated that there have been no deaths from measles from people that contracted it. Sorry kind of rushing around this morning.
You do know that, in order to get infected by a virus, you first have to contract it.

So, every single death associated with measles is associated with contracting the virus. So, your reasoning is not only false, but idiotic at best.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-18 08:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

well said wormfeeder ,your name reminded me of the video dedicated to Foolnobody and his followers below. But regardless my friend what either of us say it will not convince FoolNobody, he is a lost cause and no information is right unless he says its approved,lol

Bill Hicks god bless his soul had a phrase for FoolNobodies kind.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-18 08:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Measles causes serious brain damage to 1 children out of 1000 infected without necessarily causing death. It also weakens the immune system, which can lead to other infections like pneumonia.
Anything that gives a fever high enough can cause severe brain damage. Literally cooks it.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 08:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

King ask your parents about parties. And as I said there were no deaths from people who contracted it in the usa, what part of that didn't you understand. And ask your doctor about immunities being passed on to offspring. So it's ok for people to die from vaccination.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 09:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and in those third world countries they should get the vaccines, until they can sort out the diet and health issues.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 09:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
well said wormfeeder ,your name reminded me of the video dedicated to Foolnobody and his followers below. But regardless my friend what either of us say it will not convince FoolNobody, he is a lost cause and no information is right unless he says its approved,lol
You know Flower-head, you would get a whole lot more backing with your arguments if you didn't make ***up all the time.

People who are smarter than you can ever hope to even see have stated reality, and you keep going against them with hopes of continuing to create a lie and associate it with reality. You are under the delusion that if you continue to state a lie enough times, it will eventually be true. However, that's not the case if reasonable people are willing to point out your errors and prove you wrong in so many cases.

Your lies even extend to your methodologies in "research" and you are deluding yourself in your own lies. You never loved America, as you constantly wish to destroy it with your pathetic revolution. You are more of a traitor to this country than anyone you accused of treason. Your "Truth and Justice" has no meaning if you do not have any truth in any of your statements.

You are a pathetic excuse of a human being, and until you open your eyes and realize it for yourself, you will continue to live in the slop you created with your own viewpoints and actions.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-18 09:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

thestupiditburns.jpg
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-18 09:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
But regardless my friend what either of us say it will not convince FoolNobody, he is a lost cause and no information is right unless he says its approved,lol
And you're different how, sir?
You've been proven wrong already a few times, in different threads too, but you keep riding this anti-vax nonsense, showing complete disregard for actual scientific information and spreading fearmongering propaganda.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 09:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Knowingly putting a child at risk for an infection outside of a controlled situation by doctors is negligence at best.
So whenever someone takes their kids shopping, to a movie, to school playing outside, to a public restroom anywhere people are they are being negligent?
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 09:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok here is a medical fact for you Sheehan. Most every kid I grew up with contracted measles not one of them suffered brain damage or died and that's in the hundreds of children.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 09:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There are only two diseases I can actually agree on being vaccinated For are smallpox which has an almost 100% mortality rate and polio.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-18 09:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you learn how to type my name I might give you the privilege of an answer. But you don't seem worth talking to.

^same guy who was there with Endoq in the chemo thread.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 09:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Most every kid I grew up with contracted measles not one of them suffered brain damage or died and that's in the hundreds of children.
Anyone noticed the key word "Most"?

If all kids that Wormfeeder knew of never suffered brain damage or died from measles, he would have said "all".

However, he said "most," that means there are some that have suffered from it, or have reasonable cause to think that measles caused some sort of brain damage, or he does know at least 1 kid who died from the disease.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 09:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No because most of the kids I knew caught measles a lot didn't.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-18 09:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Go ahead keep twisting it. FEELS GOOD!!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 294 295 296 ... 1375 1376 1377